Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 601 by BadKarma , Gintama 515 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 132 of 134 FirstFirst ... 32 82 122 130 131 132 133 134 LastLast
Results 1,966 to 1,980 of 2003

Thread: The Games Hangout Thread

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member faintsmile1992's Avatar
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Region compatibility question - Ginga Force on the XBox 360

Quote Originally Posted by goldb View Post
    Siliconera reports that it does. It links to an official announcement in Japanese from the Ginga Force twitter account.
    Since that was posted over on Siliconera, the release of the game was delayed to ensure it was fine with MS to release it region free. PlayAsia doesn't confirm whether the Japan import is compatible, leaving it as a '?' for the other regions. I'm confuzzled...

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Games Hangout Thread

If you get disinterested in graphics within an hour, the problem may lie with yourself. Sure, game play is the most important to me too, but what do you expect? I surely don't need any more extra gadgets or move related stuff. A new console is needed because the current ones are suffering from maxed graphics, because we've got the current ones for seven/eight years already. Did you begin using one back than too and when did you last upgrade your PC. Two important factors in the decision.
    Last edited by Schabrak; February 24, 2013 at 05:55 AM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

He meant that the gap between consoles will feel almost "nule". Yeah, you'll notice the difference between graphics and lag, but come on look at the pics I listed. Each time a new console was presented before, we all were like " Duuuude ". Of course he'll lose interest in the graphics shown in those trailers (even MORE if he's a casual gamer), that's nothing out of this world/nothing we haven't seen before. It was really necessary to announce another console?

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    If you get disinterested in graphics within an hour, the problem may lie with yourself.
    Watch this pic 6 hours then...

Spoiler show

Enjoyable isn't it?

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member riki's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The tentative date for Microsoft's big announcement is supposedly April 26th.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't want to discuss art and art direction here, that's what you are showing me at least. Take Journey, it's looking fantastic and would never be possible with the last gen, as will be games for the next console.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardy
    It was really necessary to announce another console?
    Yes it is, look at a 1313 and other high end PC games, such things are not possible without some downsides. It's time console users can play games with Directx 11 effects, if you don't want to, that really not my problem.

Quote Quote:
    Of course he'll lose interest in the graphics shown in those trailers (even MORE if he's a casual gamer), that's nothing out of this world/nothing we haven't seen before.
    The point is that it's nothing that was possible on the current consoles. Of course you will see some great stuff on PC, that's the whole topic, to get near the current PC standard again.
    Last edited by Schabrak; February 25, 2013 at 08:34 AM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The new Assassin's Creed game is called Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag and features pirates.

Here are some game play of Castlevania: Mirror of Fate.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Crude's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm... I'm kind of conflicted about this news. On the one hand pirates are awesome, and though I have yet to play AC3, I did hear that it had some pretty cool naval missions. On the other hand I dislike the fact that this game takes place before Connor's story. I mean I really liked how in each game you'd move forward in time with each ancestor's story. I'd have also prefered if the game was set in Asia (either China or Japan), because to be honest I don't really want another European assassin.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The trailer for AC3 has been leaked:

---------- Post added March 04, 2013 at 05:56 PM ---------- Previous post was March 03, 2013 at 09:46 AM ----------

According to Ubisoft, the story takes place during the Golden Age of Pirates so it will include famous pirates such as Blackbeard.

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

SE had trademarked the web links for Deus Ex: The Fall. It could be either for a new game or movie.

---------- Post added March 20, 2013 at 09:58 AM ---------- Previous post was March 05, 2013 at 09:06 PM ----------

Another Durango rumor (Xbox 720): it won't run games on hard drive.

Quote Quote:
    The Durango console is designed to offer game developers modern hardware that is more powerful than the Xbox 360. It uses a familiar x64 architecture and tools, and compared with Xbox 360 development, will reduce development time and effort spent on performance optimization. Hardware accelerators, including “move engines” for common tasks, will be added to the console. Move engines can perform common game tasks like compression and decompression while moving data around the system. The console also has dedicated hardware support for common audio processing tasks hat reduce the amount of CPU time that must be devoted to audio. The GPU provides considering computing power, and supports Direct3D 11.

Durango will implement different power states so that it can always be powered on, but will draw minimal electricity when not in use. The console will be ready instantly when users want to play, and will always maintain a network connection so that console software and games are always current. With this “Always On, Always Connected” design, users will quickly and easily enjoy their connected entertainment experiences, with no waiting for the console to restart or install updates.

Every Durango console will be sold with a new high-fidelity Kinect Sensor, which will be required for the system to operate. The console will provide HD video, and will use new depth sensor technology to provide better screen resolution and less noisy depth data. Active infrared illumination will provide high-quality monochrome images even when in low ambient light conditions. A wider field of view allows play in smaller spaces, and removes the need for a tilt motor.

System software will offer a full set of system API for the Natural User Interface (NUI) and the API set will be an improvement to the corresponding API used by Xbox 360. Skeleton tracing, identity, and other NUI functions will be performed by the system, and for that reason, titles no longer need to allocate title resources to NUI.

The Durango controller will make the best-in-class Xbox 360 controller even better. It will have low-latency wireless connectivity to the console, and improved ergonomics. All games will be installed on the hard drive. Play from the optical disc will not be supported.

Durango consoles will have a Blu-Ray Disc drive. Disc media will be used for distribution, but during gameplay, games will not use content from the optical disc. An installation system is being designed that will allow gamers to begin playing while the game is being installed on the hard drive, rather than waiting until installation is complete.

Audio output from Durango will be all digital—7.1 discrete PCM output through HDMI and S/PDIF. Hardware accelerators will be included for decoding and decompressing common audio formats. There will also be a dedicated sound processor to perform common signal processing in hardware.

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member faintsmile1992's Avatar
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

Lets hope Ginga Force is region free cause I've ordered it lol.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Here are new trailers from VanillaWare's games, Muramasa: Rebirth and Dragon's Crown:

17. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know how many people played this back in the day, but PC gamers should've encountered it...and I just discovered that there's a new installment

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

If you preorder Assassin Creed IV at Gamestop, you can get "The Black Island" Pack. It will include:
    • The dark and dangerous treasure-hunting quest: Black Island.
    • The deadly Black Ship.
    • Legendary silver flintlock pistols used by Captain Morgan.
    • Valuable multiplayer items including Captain Morgan’s costume, picture, and title

The game will come out on Oct. 29th.

In other news, Limbo is coming to the PS Vita.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zelllogan's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

The Chuck Norris of video games is back: SNAAAAAAAAKKKKKKKKKKEEEEEEEE.
    METAL GEAR SOLID 5: Phantom Pain confirmed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=G8qugKFaVLE

Thread Closed
Page 132 of 134 FirstFirst ... 32 82 122 130 131 132 133 134 LastLast