Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Thread Closed
Page 101 of 134 FirstFirst ... 51 91 99 100 101 102 103 111 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 2003

Thread: The Games Hangout Thread

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member riki's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Games Hangout Thread

- Sony is planning to re-release some PSP games to the NGP.

- The PS3 will have a firmware update, which allows users to save their save files on a remote server.

- Nintendo is having a Dragon Quest XI contest on Twitter. Prizes includes T-shirts, the game, etc. but two lucky winners will get to meet the game's creator.

- Capcom revealed their long-term plan.

- Zelda Skyward Sword will be out after Ocarina of Time.

Trailer
    NGP and its games in action

- Project Dark has a name now - Dark Souls. It will be more difficult than Demon Souls.

Quote Quote:
    Supposed details from the magazine that are appearing in the usual sources for early leaks include:

The difficulty has been increased greatly over Demon's Souls.
    Dark Souls shares the same themes as Demon's Souls: learning from mistakes and the joy of discovery.

There's no connection with Demon's Souls in terms of story or world.

As with Demon's Souls, the basic gameplay is based off classic RPGs -- things like character creation, obtaining weapons and items, leveling up, etc.

The biggest change, according to Hidetaka, is in the area of exploration. The action battle component is an important element, but on top of this, exploration of a large, seamlessly connected field is an important element. You walk to areas that you can see far off in the distance.

All the maps are connected, rather than having you move to each area from a shrine. This time, you head off on a journey from a large base of operations, and find smaller bases along the way as you progress further and deeper into your adventure.

There are far more areas with complex land formations of varying height.

The goal in character development is to get rid of elements that may hinder freedom of play style. This is why there's no job concept during initial character creation.

Weapons have a great variety of motions and special capabilities, and there are a great number of magic and item types. This will allow players to play in their own style.

Regarding network play, Hidetaka said that he can't share too many details, but the game will have cooperative and competitive multiplayer elements. You'll be able to call upon people to help you out when you're stuck.

The game will also have indirect online elements like the original -- seeing the images of other players, messages from the dead, and so-forth. The game will not have its own servers this time, though, so elements like Soul Tendency from the original will not be here.

There are some other online elements that will be detailed in future updates.
    - If you're debating which version of BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II to choose, check out this link

- A new SNK Arcade Collection will be coming out to the PSP

- Namco Bandai will publish Armored Core 5 overseas.

- Max Anarchy/Anarchy Reigns showed off two new characters - Sasha the Ice Queen and Zero, the ninja

- Dark Souls will not have a safe zone so in other words, have fun getting killed.

- Tales of Graces f has been officially announced for the US.

- Here are the PC requirements to play Crysis 2.

- Armored Core V will be out in the US and Europe in next year. It will have a Team Online Combat game.

- Here is a new Anarachy Reigns character - Big Bull, the cyborg

- The demo for Dragon Age II will be out on Feb. 23rd.

- The 3rd Birthday will be released on March 29th

- Super Mario Brothers will be coming to the 3DS

- Yakuza 4 demo will be out on Feb 15 for Playstation Plus user and Feb. 22 for the rest.

- Homefront's release date has been delayed to one week later.

- Meet the ladies of Infamous 2.

- Microsoft has registered a domain, which hinted a Kinect Halo game.

Screenshots: DarkSouls | Tales of Xillia | ArmoredCore V | Tekken tag Tournament 2

Trailers:
    Armored Core V - Ignite 11: Debut Trailer
    Dark Souls - Ignite 11: Debut Trailer
    Crysis 2 - Be Strong Trailer
    Final Fantasy IV Complete Collection - European Debut Trailer
    inFAMOUS 2 - Rescue Cutscene Trailer
    Rachet and Clank: All 4 One - Down by the Docks Trailer
    The Last Story - Japanese Opening Cinematics
    The Last Story - Cinematic Montage
    The Last Story - Gameplay
    Tactical Ogre: Let Us Cling Together - US Trailer

- Sony has officially confirmed the Xperia Play aka Playstation Phone.

- Some leaked Mortal Kombat screenshots revealed Stryker as a new character.

- Even though SFIV producer has not confirmed it, he said that the Arcarde Edition DLC is possible for the 3DS.

- In an interview with Playstation, the Dark Souls director talked about new features including Beacon Fires (a place where you can heal and respawn as well as a gathering place for players) and spells.

- Here is an explanation about Radiant Historia's time traveling and battles.

- Angry Birds is coming to the 3DS and Wii later this year

- All PS Plus member will get a free copy of Stacking

- The remake of Halo: Combat Evolved is under development and will be out on Nov. 15th.

- Battlefield 3 will be out this fall. There is a rumor the LE will have a Back to Karkand map DLC.

- Killzone is being developed for the NGP

- Conduit is coming to the 3DS

- Yukazu 4 will have a Kuro Edition, which include a steelbook, new in-game costumes for all four characters (including wrestling outfits similar to those included as bonuses with Yakuza 3), a "survival" boss rush mode, a racing mode and underground fighting arena DLC. However, it's only available in Europe.

- Nintendo engineers explained the 3DS design and battery cover.

- According to rumor, NGP developers are encouraged to go cross-platform (game cards and Playstation Store).

- Castle Crashers introduced a new knight, Pink Knight.

- A new Anarachy Reign character has been posted - Jack from Madworld.

- If one million FB users like Assassin's Creed FB page, Ubisoft will release a new multiplayer map DLC, Venezia by Night."

Screenshots: Dead or Alive: Dimension

Trailers:
    Black Rock Shooter: The Game - Second Trailer
    Dark Souls - Ignite 11: You Will Die Interview
    Battlefield 3 - Debut Trailer
    Bulletstorm: Duty Calls - Debut Trailer
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Adam Jensen Profile Trailer
    Darkspore - Limited Edition Trailer
    Last edited by riki; February 06, 2011 at 10:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I think with my heart and I move with my head | My Stories Archive - Short Story: "Life According to an Onion" UP!

2. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Roflkopt3r's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Blizzard announced that they "hope" to release D3 this year.
    I hope so, too

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity CBlitz's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

so the crysis 2 beta leaked

poor crytek, though it was probably a marketing stunt

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

- More info about Dark Souls

- In Dynasty Warrior 7's Chronicle Mode, you can team up with a second player for online and offline co-op play.

- Level 5 CEO discusses about the 3DS

- Namco releases Tekken Tag Tournament 2's new features- Stage gimmicks and items.

- Here is the character info for Dragon Quest VI.

- It looks like Aksys is going to make a game announcement on Valentine's Day (Arcane Heart 3?).

- Deus Ex: Human Revolution director provided some info in an interview

- Level 5 revealed how Professor Layton was developed

- Sega introduced a new partner system for Yakazu of the End.

- Killzone 3's trophies list has been revealed.

- Duke Nuken Forever will have a collector's edition, "Balls of Steel" Edition, which includes a hardcover artbook, postcards, a logo sticker, a comic book, poker chips, dice, playing cards, a foldable papercraft, and -- oh yeah -- a bust of Duke Nukem. You will also receive a certificate of authencity. The edition will cost $100.

- Activision has discontinued Guitar Hero and will no longer release new DLCs for the series.

- A new Spider-man game is coming this year.

- The Karma System in inFAMOUS 2 has been updated - this time your choices will affect the storyline and gameplay.

Trailers:
    Mortal Kombat - Liu Kang Trailer
    inFAMOUS 2 - Zeke's Idea Gameplay
    Nix's Idea Gameplay
    BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II - Monolith Trailer
    Crysis 2 - Multiplayer Progression Part 1: The Nanosuit
    Dead Space 2 - Multiplayer Sprawl Security Team Trailer
    Dead Space 2 - Declassified Part I: Origins
    Playstation Move Heroes - Story Trailer
    Dragon Age II - Preview
    Anarachy Reigns - Japanese Contenders Trailer

I think with my heart and I move with my head | My Stories Archive - Short Story: "Life According to an Onion" UP!

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

In Changzhou, China (close to Shanghai), an amusement park called "Joyland" is currently build.
    The special thing about it, is that it deals with the universes of Starcraft and Warcraft:
    http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/view...opic_id=191080

Some insider jokes thrown around on Team Liquid, Starcraft fans will have their joy with this:
    Spoiler: Hadron.'s post show

"Bisu's Brothel/Nada's Harem - Adults only" - so nice
    Last edited by Roflkopt3r; February 13, 2011 at 05:32 AM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The Smithsonian American Art Museum will have a display, The Art of Video Games. Right now, there is a voting process to pick what video game art will be displayed. Click on the second link to vote but you need to register.

Xperia Play (Playstation Phone) will be launched in US in March. Verizon will be the first phone carrier to distribute this phone and Sony announced that it will include a "legendary" Playstation game (not named yet).

Here is more info and clip about Xperia Play.
    Last edited by riki; February 14, 2011 at 10:54 PM.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Just started playing STALKER again. I really enjoyed playing through last time, and since it's a long time ago I thought it's time again.
    The beginning really sucks, but I remember that it was the same last time, too. Shooters usually get exiting once I get my first assault rifle and can give headshots

Naruto Shippuuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 made it as a game into the France ESL (electronic esports league) Pro Series #10. ESL Pro Series (EPS) is a well known league especially in Germany with big price money. Internationally the ESL is best known for the Intel Extreme Masters tournaments, one of the biggest (and probably best sponsored/rewarded) esports tournament series globally.

It's a kinda weird news for most of eSports community that a Naruto game would appear in an EPS, even if it's "only" France
    Last edited by Roflkopt3r; February 20, 2011 at 09:55 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member g0dzax's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for reminding me of Stalker.Right now,I've got lots of free time and I literally am killing time.I haven't got anything to play,I've got the impression that I've played all the games.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by g0dzax View Post
    Thanks for reminding me of Stalker.Right now,I've got lots of free time and I literally am killing time.I haven't got anything to play,I've got the impression that I've played all the games.
    Recommendations for that case:
    Stalker, FEAR, Spellforce 1, Mass Effect 1/2, Anno 1404, Warcraft 3 (& The Frozen Throne), Mirror's Edge, Half-Life 1/2, Starcraft 2, Dragon Age, Diablo 1/2.
    A lot of these games a pretty old already, thus cheap.

If you're in the mood for online competetive gaming: Counter-Strike 1.6, Starcraft: Broodwar, Starcraft 2.
    Last edited by Roflkopt3r; February 20, 2011 at 03:55 PM.

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 might be in development

- Here is a clip of the unboxing of a 3DS.

- Kotaku has a preview for Batman: Arkham City.

- Sony has dropped the PSP price to $130 and announced some price drops for some PSP games.

- Here is a sneak peak of the FF trading card game

- Parasite Eve (the PSOne game) is coming to PSN

- According to Dark Souls producer, the world will be 1.5 bigger than Demon's Souls.

- Here is a list of 3DS games that will be available on launch day.

Here is a preview of the manuals.

- A laid-off Bungie worker told Kotaku that the company is working on a sci-fi FPS/MMO called Destiny. While Bungie has denied laying off any workers, they did not deny the rumor about the supossed game.

- A new character has been introduced for Tales of Xillia.

- Sting has announced a new game, Gungnir, which might be a part of Department of Heaven series.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Wasn't that said about Bungie some weeks/months ago? Just a confirmation, since they trademarked that name and others a while back. He definitely won't ever work for them again though, whiny little snitch.

With Kotick up there, they could already being working of CoD:MW4 + 3 other CoD titles.

Hm graphics change to Xillia is still weird, may just be the mix of Fujishima und Mutsumi Inomatas works, I hope I will get to play it some day.

I wish Sony would put all those PSP games onto PSN. <3

riki, do you own Hyperdimension Neptuinia? If yes, could you give your own feedback please? Is it just a dungeon crawler with massive retro gaming/console appeal?
    Last edited by Schabrak; February 25, 2011 at 08:12 PM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I have the game and currently playing it right now. It's a decent game but I enjoy playing it. It's not a dungeon crawler and the dialogue has lot of gaming references (e.g. "I can't stop staring at the Chinese girl with thunder thighs!")

The gameplay is similar to Trinity Universe. You can check out MasterLL's youtube to see some gameplay.

News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone here plays the harvest moon series or the rune factory series?
    I know it's time consuming but I find it a relaxing game to play and enjoy
    Always, always will get my hands on the latest Hm/Rf games.

and does anyone know if there is a possibility that Pokemon Black & White will be ported/on to the 3ds with 3d graphics?

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

With a western release date on the 6th of March and the DS3 being released later that month, no.^^ It just wouldn't make sense, though the games have some nice graphics already, so just rereleasing it for a bit of 3d effects makes no sense.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

- More Dark Souls info has been posted.

- A new character is introduced for Yakuza of the End.

- Excuse me while I squeal because Gust is going to announce a new Atelier game.

- Here are more Dynasty Warriors 7 update

- Devil Survivor: Overclock has the most voiced dialogue of any Atlus games. You can preview the English voices at the official site.

- The PSPgo has dropped in price to $199.

- Nintendo has confirmed the Master's Quest, a side quest from Zelda: Ocarina of Time, will be included in the 3DS remake.

- Angry Birds is coming to Facebook

- Mortal Kombat has introduced the 300 mission Challenge Tower

The demo will be out on PSN. PS Plus users can try out the game on March 8th while the rest can get it on March 15th.

- If inSANE does not do well, it will not have a trilogy according to THQ VP.

- Another Resident Evil movie is in the works.

- Here is a preview of The Darkness 2.

- Nintendo stated that they are not making a sequel for Donkey Kong: Country Returns right now.

- According to Sony, the NGP was in development since 2008.

- Bungie has confirmed that they are working on an action MMO. The lead network engineer described the game as "massively multiplayers" and debunked the rumor that it's "WoW in Space".

Never mind. The guy was joking.

- Saints Row: The Third has been confirmed

Screenshot Update: Last Guardian

Game Trailers:
    Battlefield 3 (leaked)
    Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - GDC '11 Trailer
    Beyond Good or Evil HD - GDC 11: Uprising Launch Trailer
    ArcaniA: Fall of Setarrif - GDC 11: Debut Trailer
    Crysis 2 -
    GDC 11: Crash Site PS3 MP Gameplay

Prototype 2 - GDC 11: Extended VGA Trailer
    Call of Juarez: The Cartel - GDC 11: Debut Trailer
    Anarchy Reigns - GDC 11: Fight to the Death Trailer
    Gungir OP
    Last edited by riki; March 07, 2011 at 06:32 PM.

Thread Closed
Page 101 of 134 FirstFirst ... 51 91 99 100 101 102 103 111 ... LastLast