Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Thread Closed
Page 134 of 134 FirstFirst ... 34 84 124 132 133 134
Results 1,996 to 2,003 of 2003

Thread: The Games Hangout Thread

Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Games Hangout Thread

EA got Consumerist's America's Worst Company again....but it shows you the reach of the internet I guess...

MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by benelori View Post
    EA got Consumerist's America's Worst Company again....but it shows you the reach of the internet I guess...
    Yeah, they really need to do better with PR. It's been a long run of bad news.

Bioware public image is not great thanks to Dragon Age 2, SWTOR, and Mass Effect 3; and the general insanity of their DLC price structure. Then Maxis screwed the proverbial pooch with the Sim City launch which blows back on them even though every source I've heard says EA had nothing to do with that. They also need to hurry up an apologize to Valve. Lord knows I have my reservations about Steam but it is vastly VASTLY superior to Origin but EA continues to force gamers to use that annoying thing.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

The Green Knight MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Gats's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    Yeah, they really need to do better with PR. It's been a long run of bad news.

Bioware public image is not great thanks to Dragon Age 2, SWTOR, and Mass Effect 3; and the general insanity of their DLC price structure. Then Maxis screwed the proverbial pooch with the Sim City launch which blows back on them even though every source I've heard says EA had nothing to do with that. They also need to hurry up an apologize to Valve. Lord knows I have my reservations about Steam but it is vastly VASTLY superior to Origin but EA continues to force gamers to use that annoying thing.
    To be fair, Steam was also annoying and has been forced to us at its beginning. EA just hopes that the trend will be the same for Origin.
    EA should apologize to Valve for what ? It seems I missed something.

Another news : Rocksteady is actually working in the next episode of Batman (and the project is over soon), that's why the prequel is under another dev team's responsability.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gats View Post
    To be fair, Steam was also annoying and has been forced to us at its beginning. EA just hopes that the trend will be the same for Origin.
    EA should apologize to Valve for what ? It seems I missed something.

Another news : Rocksteady is actually working in the next episode of Batman (and the project is over soon), that's why the prequel is under another dev team's responsability.
    Their fight began over dlc for Dragon Age 2, I think. Basically Bioware refused to sell any DLC through steam, the idea being that people download the game through steam and then have to go to some separate thing to get any dlc and patches and such. This was inconvenient for Valve so they basically said "Look you can either sell you games through us or not". And pulled the store listings for any EA game that did that. It's why you can't buy Dragon Age 2, Mass Effect 3, Battlefield 3, or Sim City on there.

One of the reasons for the strong shift to Origin has be this dispute. They basically got the door slammed on them by the most popular PC game download interface out there.

While I have mixed feelings about steam itself (let's just say I'm no excited about the steambox) but the truth is that steam has gained it's standing by selling PC games from all over at low prices with greater convenience for the gamer. Most of what they sell isn't actually Valve's either. As long as EA only deals in EA properties through Origin they can't do the same because they are mostly selling what they own. So it just seems like EA is making gamers jump through hoops to purchase their products instead of providing a service, which is the PR image steam has.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Don't get me wrong though. I don't think EA is actually even close to the worst company in America but it doesn't surprise me at all they got voted that way again. I don't think it's the worst company in gaming industry either. (Square-Enix would be my pick for that award, though I hope their new CEO can turn it around.)
    Last edited by Jammin; April 10, 2013 at 01:52 PM.

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Reviewer 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member otomo20's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

I reviewed dragon age on my blog, the first one not the second, can you guys tell me what you think?

http://game8review.blogspot.com/2013...ns-review.html

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Haha, I can't ever remember watching a game trailer that made me laugh as hard as this one did.

Spoiler: Brace yourself. show

8. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member riki's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

^

Bethesda Software will announce a new game tomorrow, and it has been confirmed to be Zwei, a new horror game from the creator of Resident Evil.

I think with my heart and I move with my head | My Stories Archive - Short Story: "Life According to an Onion" UP!

Now Sentient! 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member MangaHelpers's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

This thread is now closed it has a continuation thread Here

Thread Closed
Page 134 of 134 FirstFirst ... 34 84 124 132 133 134