Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/20/14 - 10/26/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 516 (2) , Bleach 602 by BadKarma , One Piece 764 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 11 of 47 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: The cnet128 Thread

MH's Best Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member cnet128's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The cnet128 Thread

As I stated quite clearly when I posted my first translation (and I've stated it again since), yes, I do intend to keep translating Negima. And I'll be starting on this week's as soon as I finish translating Fairy Tail.
    The cnet128 Thread - Ask me anything. No, seriously. Do. It'll help combat my eternal boredom.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member roku-sky's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

You couldn't have made it clearer

Thanks!

Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member nxlouco's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Cnet, I know you're probably real busy, but when you get to translating Sket Dance, would you mind translating the 2 page Akamaru Omake please . I would really like to read it xD, *Biscuit Dance*.
    Credits To Akasunanosasori For The Sig

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Carlos net, thanks so much for the Kekkaishi translations . I'm a major shoujo fan, but Kekkaishi drew me in and won't let go.

So, what do you think of the Yoshimori & Tokine pairing?

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Eh, no particular opinion. Not for it, not against it. It's just... there.
    The cnet128 Thread - Ask me anything. No, seriously. Do. It'll help combat my eternal boredom.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmmmm, hello. I would like to apologize for all spelling / grammar / rudeness / anything that I could say in this post.

Let's explain the whole thing. I've been searching to find someone to translate Karakuri Circus, a manga from Kazuhiro Fujita, which has ended a few years ago, and has been a very great manga in Japan, but never translated until the end in any other country.

I'm French, and in France, the manga ended dramatically last month. Volume 21st. Out of 43. What a shame, French people don't like this. In my opinion, it's just a lack of advertising from the people providing the manga. But hey, it's not about me, here.

Why you ? 'cause I've been translating into French D Gray Man for quite a long time now and that's been with your translations. And you're good.

Nevertheless, after reading the post to make translators work for "me", I'll try a different approach this time. First, Karakuri Circus, what is it ?

It's a manga about Narumi Kato, who have a strange disease. The Zonapha. If he doesn't succeed in making other people laugh, he'll die. You would have understand it, Karakuri's funny.

It's a manga about a type of human called Shirogané, fighting against autamaton, alive by the power of the Aqua Vitae. And these people are Puppet Masters. Yeah. Karakuri kicks asses.

It's a manga about death and sorrow. Automatons brings death all around them by either killing people. Either making them have the Zonapha. Which is quite a problem to the human community. Karakuri's sad.

It's a manga, though a shonen, with an enormous complexity. Some characters from the very start of the manga will reappear after several volumes and they won't be as useless as before. Makes me remind of One Piece when a character like Garp appears juste to be a background character and then... Well everyone know, I hope ^^ ( yeah One Piece's my favourite manga EVER ).

That's it. I can't tell so much about it, because it's part of the story and I wouldn't like to spoil you this manga.

If you would please try to read the first volumes, and then tell me what you thought about it, I would be very happy. If you're willing to translate the end of the thing ( from the 22nd to the 43rd or less ), I would be honoured. There is a huge community of French fans waiting for someone to keep with it, and... There is still nothing. If you want more details about the manga, just ask it and I will try to answer you.

Then, for the team that will make it, I already have people that can clean the thing, edit the scans, and we even have a website on it, with forum and everything. We just lack of translations ><

You can read it all in here : http://www.megaupload.com/fr/?f=OTV6I12T

Last thing but not least, Karakuri Circus really begins with the 7th volumes. The three first volumes are a first part, then three an other and then comes the 7th with the beginning of what's truly is Karakuri Circus. It can't be explained by words, this manga is really amazing for a shonen.

Please take a look at it and make me know your impressions. Thank you for reading this.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member rtyd1's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Cnet in your Naruto chapter 401 on pg 10 is Madara saying Itachi had a lover or more specifically that Itachi had a girlfriend, thanks

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Y'know, you could ask that in the translation thread itself

"Lover", "girlfriend", it's basically the same thing, though, right? Unless you're, like, implying Itachi is a homosexual, I guess ~~ At any rate, the word used is "koibito", which translates literally as "lover". No gender specified, so I guess the, er, other interpretation is still technically possible

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member rtyd1's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the clarification and sorry for posting in this thread. It was just that other were saying Shisui was Itachi's lover and arguing about it so i wanted to shut them up basically

Banned 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

First of all, I'd like to compliment you on your work, it's clearly superior than most translations out there.

Secondly, I'd like to make a request. There's a group that needs your help desperately. This group does a manga called Bleach. There were times while reading their work when I thought "Wow, this peolple sure could use a hand in their translations" (see note below). The main guy behind this project is Kubo Tite, please help him.

In case you're still not convinced this'll do it: in a color cover with vampires as theme appeared this sentence : "All peoples are vampires". Yeah, they printed that. If "peoples" doesn't exist, why worry about that? Why should they concern themselves with something as mundane as collective nouns and their non-existant plurals? Take this other example: Chad's arms are called "Brazo derecha del gigante" and "Brazo izquierda del diablo". Of course, if they give a shit about foreign languages then naturally spanish is completely disregarded, because even though an entire continent speaks it, they're all poor trash.

Since you read Kubo's nonsense every week, you probably noticed that the guy isn't right in the head. But I'm not you asking to do something impossible like taking Kubo out of the path of insanity, just help him with the grammar and the like. He needs it. Badly.

Note below: I didn't think that in english. My mother tongue is spanish (just look at my flag), so my comment about Latin America (besides being for an ironic purpose) can't be considered discrimination.
    Last edited by sk.nite; May 23, 2008 at 11:38 PM.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sk.nite View Post
    First of all, I'd like to compliment you on your work, it's clearly superior than most translations out there.

Secondly, I'd like to make a request. There's a group that needs your help desperately. This group does a manga called Bleach. There were times while reading their work when I thought "Wow, this peolple sure could use a hand in their translations" (see note below). The main guy behind this project is Kubo Tite, please help him.

In case you're still not convinced this'll do it: in a color cover with vampires as theme appeared this sentence : "All peoples are vampires". Yeah, they printed that. If "peoples" doesn't exist, why worry about that? Why should they concern themselves with something as mundane as collective nouns and their non-existant plurals? Take this other example: Chad's arms are called "Brazo derecha del gigante" and "Brazo izquierda del diablo". Of course, if they give a shit about foreign languages then naturally spanish is completely disregarded, because even though an entire continent speaks it, they're all poor trash.

Since you read Kubo's nonsense every week, you probably noticed that the guy isn't right in the head. But I'm not you asking to do something impossible like taking Kubo out of the path of insanity, just help him with the grammar and the like. He needs it. Badly.

Note below: I didn't think that in english. My mother tongue is spanish (just look at my flag), so my comment about Latin America (besides being for an ironic purpose) can't be considered discrimination.
    ...I don't really think there's much I can say about this except...

luls.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey, just a question about the last chapter of D Gray Man while I'm here. When Marie ask Miranda if she's allright, which "you" is used in Japanese ? Like they're just friends, less than that or more than that ?

People keep asking around whether or not Miranda and Marie are a couple. Maybe we can know this with the level of politeness in Japanese, can't we ?

And the other thing is juste to have a formal yes or a formal no for my request up there T_T ?

So that I can stop searching or searching again... I would really appreciate if it was you though, you're clear and I sort of like your mind. You would be a fuckin' hero for all Karakuri Circus fan, all over the world.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

There's no "you" in that sentence in Japanese; Japanese doesn't tend to use pronouns too much, especially in the second person. His speech with Miranda is pretty informal, and he doesn't use any honorifics with her name, but he seems to use casual speech and no honorifics with most people, so it doesn't necessarily indicate anything.

And I might check out Karakuri Circus if I find the time and I feel like it. Wouldn't hold my breath if I were you, though ~~

Banned 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cnet128 View Post
    ...I don't really think there's much I can say about this except...

luls.
    Can't say much about your answer...except...it's short.

This time I have a real question. Ever since started reading Fairy Tail I've ben wondering, does Happy really say "Aye"? (I guess it would be "aie" in katakana?)

Note: I could check the latest raws, but I'm not reading it currently and I don't wont to spoil the story, so bear with me.
    Last edited by sk.nite; June 19, 2008 at 10:39 AM.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, he certainly does say it. あい, to be precise.

New Reply
Page 11 of 47 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast