Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
There's something that has been bothering me for a while. I've seen in A LOT (more thatn you think) of scanlations that they put the possesive pronoun "their" as "they're" or even "there". Isn't that terribly wrong? (If it's correct then I've been studing english 12 years for nothing).
That'll just be because they have terrible grammar and/or spelling ~_~
*blink* I have spam posts in Chinese in my thread?
How very random.
Deleted.... and banned that spammer
Thanks so much for translating Kekkaishi!
Its currently consuming my every thought and having someone translate the chapters as well as you do is really awesome.
I read all the other main stream manga, like Bleach, One Piece and Naruto.
(mostly out of a feeling of duty. They started off interesting, but they're kinda loosing their flare now... except for One Piece which will remain forever awesome.)
So Kekkaishi is currently my favorite series and with the raws so far ahead of the translated manga its reassuring knowing you're the one translating. I was worried the person who translated the manga wasn't really interested in the series at all and was dropping it, but you're a very dedicated person so this thread really put my worries at ease.
You are a perfectionist eh? Sound like you need a challenge... a new challenge, I should say.
The Record of Fallen Vampire or Vampire Juuji Kai
The manga was translated and editted up to chapter 13, by TJO. Damn good translation!
Well, its story is good, characters is fascinating. But I must say the quality of translation is very very good. Nearly the best of all manga ever translated.
Can you achieve the same quality or, better yet, surpass the level of quality of its past 13 chapters? That is the challenge.
You can find the raws on the bot URDAN, on #lurk. Do a search of "Juuji kai" on gotlurk.net will yield the list and number.
Pd: Warcraft 2 was such a great game. -Ogre head 1: :farts: -Ogre head 2: 'scuse me.
Heres a question.
Do you ever feel overwhelmed by the epicness of a moment while translating manga?
Well, as I'm sure anyone who reads my translations can testify, there are moments when I feel inspired to insert random translation notes saying things like THIS IS SO FREAKING EPIC, or something along those lines
So I guess... yeah XD
Haven't read the previously asked questions.. Except for the last 2 pages but here goes:
- Have you never worried about possible lawsuits because you translate licensed series?
- Average time you spend on translating chapters each week?
- Favourite manga that you translate?
- Why do you translate.. Altruism? Practice? To combat your eternal boredom?
- Favourite movie (not anime movie)?
- Lawsuits? Hell naw. Who would go after me with lawsuits? There are a ton of people it would make more sense to go after than me, and it's not like they're in any huge danger either. The thought hadn't even really crossed my mind.
- Who knows ~_~ I don't time myself. I'm not even sure how long it takes me per chapter. The people who sit around waiting for my translations probably have a better idea than me XD
- I usually go for One Piece as an answer to that question. Though I love them all
- Because I feel like it. And to a lesser extent, practice does come into it. Mostly it's just because I love reading manga, and now that I can read Japanese, I feel compelled to read the RAWs rather than scanlations (even if I did trust other people's translations, I enjoy it better in the original Japanese), and translating allows me to both make sure I understand the RAWs properly and get the satisfaction of producing something worthwhile at the same time. Can't lose.
- Not really a huge movie-watcher, and I can never be bothered to actually think hard about that question... but I do have a stock answer: Oldboy. (Don't take it as definitive or anything, I'm sure there are any number of movies I'm overlooking. But Oldboy did rock. Oh, and it's a total coincidence that the movie's based on a manga. Didn't even know that when I watched it. And I haven't read the manga in question.)
hey cnet, first of all i'd like to thank you for the service you're providing here, especially the translation for One Piece which is my favourite manga/anime.
i was just wondering if you have any suggestions about any materials i may need, because i want to learn japanese so i contribute aswell because right now i have A LOT of free time in my hands.
second of all i just read the translation for this week and as always because i like to know where oda may have gotten the inspiration for character names, i saw you're translation for JeanBert which i think could be derived from this person:
lemme know what you think...
thanks in advance
Ah, thanks for that. In my defence, the spelling error wasn't mine... it was from the place where I sourced the name. (This image, to be precise.) Damn you, internets, for containing inaccurate information
It's fixed in the translation now.
i sent you a message about proof reading the translation of hayate the combat butler before find out this thread... so please answer me through private message or on this thread
Last edited by phudinhcao3; June 29, 2008 at 11:25 AM.
cnet, do you sleep?