Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 14 of 47 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Thread: The cnet128 Thread

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Elyon A. Luna's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The cnet128 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Pirulitokun View Post
    Carlos, I want to help you to combat your eternal boredom, so I ask you a favor:
    Translate the news around Messi pic in this cover, in the upper right hand: http://img77.imageshack.us/img77/5065/messixd0.jpg

Pleeeeeeease!
    Can you do it?
    In the right, it says "Story of Barcelona" To the left.... let's wait for Carlos

Anyway, Carlos, I thank you for the One Piece translations.

For a note, the chapters of Naruto and One Piece are awesome this week (One Piece just keeps on the line (Capone stands now between my top supernovae only for his "cavalry pack" And the "you are smoking us out" well... Go, Luffy, Law, and Capone!) , while Kishimoto, well, this chapter really stands a lot between the job he has been giving out recently, but anyway)

For Bleach, though it is good that the four lieutenants actually will have a crucial role in this arc, very much unlike the one who reviewed the previous chapter speculated, but... the fraccion sent (which, by the way, in the One Manga version by SleepyFans goes by "Flaccion". I won't even dare say anything) are just .... lame and ridiculous clichés. I mean, the ones that go against Yumichika and Kira, specially against the former, it´s like they were put in there for a theater comedy, more than for a fight... I know this is usual in most series, but this one bothers me for some reason...

Anyway, will be seeing you around, and thanks

Hey, I almost forgot. Some pages back there, you said you would take a look into Nurarihyon no mago if it was serializated. Did you?

I hope so, it's the only one manga series which I´m currently following, along with the Big three and xxxHolic

Now see you =)
    Last edited by Elyon A. Luna; July 26, 2008 at 03:16 PM. Reason: Fixing

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Pirulito's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the help, Elyon.

And I agree with you when you said that it's good the lieutenants have a crucial role in this arc since everyone was preparing themselves for the war. So, it's natural that they have a role now.

Se entendeu essa frase, entre nessa bagaça

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Elyon A. Luna's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Damn, just now I realize that I have two rights..

This could lead to problem on certain stuff :3

To the Edit button! (with Batman music)

Ok, no.. LOL

Intl Translator 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ZeroChrome's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

is it your birthday today?? if it is then

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

keep up your good work

Translator 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner d4v1d_su's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah, it's true, you have birthday today.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CNET !!

don't forget to eat noodles, they symbolize long life. Spaghetti or Ramen will do

Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member nxlouco's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I'll Be

HAPPY Birthday Cnet!!
    Credits To Akasunanosasori For The Sig

MangaHelper 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! Farfalla's Avatar
    Country
    Wallis & Futuna
    Post Thanks / Like

Happy birthday!
    I was going to ask if something happend to Fairy Tail 97, but I guess I know the reason XD
    Enjoy the day^^

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Carlos! I love your translations of Naruto & Bleach and I always compare them with other scanlations, and find them really useful. I'm 19 too and I wish my japanese was as good as yours.

I got 2 questions, one more of a request...

1. Does any of the scanlation groups use your translations? If not, why? I think they're one of th ebest.

2. Would you actually mind translating SFX in Naruto? I know it might be a pain or some other reason of not doing it so far, but sometimes they're badly needed.

Thanks in advance for responses and keep up the amazing work!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey man happy belated birthday and thanks for the weekly kick ass translations. I was actually wondering if you would be up for scratching that perfectionist itch a little harder. I was hoping that it would be possible for you to put the japanese technique translations into your naruto scans along with the english ones. So for example instead of just putting "Fire Element: Great Fire Ball Technique" in the panel, you could insert "Katon: Goukyakuu no jutsu" and put the english translation in quotes on the side or somewhere else on the page. As an avid manga reader and a borderline otaku im find knowing the japanese technique translations a pet peeve of mine. Manga and anime have been a medium into the japanese culture for me so knowing the actual japanese and english helps me understand the true meaning behind the jutsu all the more. I apologize if this is too much work because i know that you translate a thousand and one other titles but after reading your initial statement i could relate and decided that the least i could do was try, ne? I know binktopia did it on occasion but in all honesty i would end up having to do hours of research just to figure out what meant what (especially during the itachi fight). I definitely appreciated the scans, but i have to know what the "jutsus" are, you know? I feel like if the first time i saw the "fuuton:rasenshuriken" it was written as "wind element: great spiraling shuriken" i would have wanted to shoot myself. Its the same reason i cant watch anime in english, you miss all cultural connentation and connection and thats one of the main reasons i watch anime and read manga. Once again i apologize if this is too much but i figured the least i could do was give it a go, so either way keep up the kick ass translations.

MH's Best Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member cnet128's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by janekshi View Post
    I'm 19 too and I wish my japanese was as good as yours.
    I'm 20 now, actually

1. Does any of the scanlation groups use your translations? If not, why? I think they're one of th ebest.
    Well, there was a time when there was a scanlation of Bleach using my translation pretty much every week. Then Sleepy-fecking-Fans showed up. Sleepy-fecking-Fans have been getting the RAWs earlier than anyone else, and they have their own translator. And since they get their scans out before anyone else even has the RAW, other scanlations seem to be failing to appear. *grumbles incessantly*

And the same thing seems to be happening for Naruto, except that it doesn't really bother me as much, since nobody ever used my translations for Naruto anyway - Hisshou pretty much had a monopoly on that, and I'd say his translations are at least as good as mine anyway.

There are still plenty of manga which do regularly get scanlated using my translations, though, including One Piece, D.Gray, Tsubasa, Holic, Fairy Tail, Negima... oh, and Sket Dance, when I actually get around to translating it >_____<

2. Would you actually mind translating SFX in Naruto? I know it might be a pain or some other reason of not doing it so far, but sometimes they're badly needed.
    ...You show me one situation where they're "badly needed" and I might consider the possibility of not entirely dismissing the notion of thinking about it ~_~

Quote Originally Posted by shaman-king View Post
    I was hoping that it would be possible for you to put the japanese technique translations into your naruto scans along with the english ones. So for example instead of just putting "Fire Element: Great Fire Ball Technique" in the panel, you could insert "Katon: Goukyakuu no jutsu" and put the english translation in quotes on the side or somewhere else on the page.
    I always do keep the original Japanese names for techniques in all the manga I translate, and that includes Naruto. I generally put a translation note as well giving a rough translation of the technique name if it's one we haven't seen before, but aside from that, it's all unaltered.

Maybe you're thinking of somebody else's translations? ~_~
    The cnet128 Thread - Ask me anything. No, seriously. Do. It'll help combat my eternal boredom.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I just might be... i realized that when you put the "raiton" in this weeks translation. Thanks man, you really do rock.

Translator 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member kaya's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cnet128 View Post
    Well, there was a time when there was a scanlation of Bleach using my translation pretty much every week. Then Sleepy-fecking-Fans showed up. Sleepy-fecking-Fans have been getting the RAWs earlier than anyone else, and they have their own translator. And since they get their scans out before anyone else even has the RAW, other scanlations seem to be failing to appear. *grumbles incessantly*
    Awww, I can understand your feeling. I hope someone can pick up your translation of Bleach on a regular basic again. Yeah, I know uber popular works like Bleach has tons of translations and scanlations around. I admit sometimes I was annoyed by the amount. But hey, I hope people can understand quality over speed and quantity which is what you are always doing. I always prefer yours to others for Bleach.
    Nevertheless, I do see you in other works so that's fine.

So keep up the good work!!!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Sentou Ryoku's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey cnet, just thought I'd ask for translations for these (so as to combat your said boredom). PLease disregard if I'm overstepping my bounds.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner .break's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yo~!

I'unno' if you remember me, but I've used one of your translations way back...and I remember bothering you to translate Fairy Tail way back, before you really read it [I remember you started translating it before you started reading it around the chapters with Natsu Vs. Totomaru, I could be wrong, though]. I went by Natsu-kun back then, but, anyhow, onto my questions --

What's your favorite Shonen series of all time? I ask a lot of people this question and they usually answer Naruto or Bleach [not even One Piece] it's sort of infuriating.

Weapon of choice; katana or laser pistol?

Who's your favorite manga-ka?

Is there any meaning to the 128 in your name?

Are there really hot chicks in England?

What are your views on cloning yourself to optimize translating goodness?

What's the weirdest thing you've ever eaten?

Have you ever looked back at one of your translations and noticed a big error post release and beat yourself up over it?

Firefist Ace Vs. Salamander Natsu, who'd win?

Is there any chance you could translate that Kurogane one-shot that popped up last week in WSJ? :: Seeking to scanlate, actually attempted cleaning the RAW. ::

Who's your favorite modern Shonen action/adventure manga protagonist currently?

MH's Best Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member cnet128's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by .break View Post
    What's your favorite Shonen series of all time? I ask a lot of people this question and they usually answer Naruto or Bleach [not even One Piece] it's sort of infuriating.
    Well, I daresay this has been asked before at least once in this very thread... but here we go again One Piece is probably the best answer I can give; it's just so consistently great. But all the same, I don't really like to single out any one manga series above the others. Tsubasa and D.Gray-man are definitely up there as well. Bleach will always be special for me since it was essentially the anime that started my obsession, and the first manga I ever downloaded (as I'm sure it is for a lot of people ). I should probably mention Hunter x Hunter, too, since it's just so... unique >_< (And such a bitch to translate, too. Honestly, sometimes the hiatuses seem like a blessing... *dreads its return in a month's time*)

Negima and Soul Eater, the two most recent manga I've picked up, are stand-outs for me at the moment too (Soul Eater, incidentally, is my first time translating a monthly title, and I must say the wait is killing me...) Oh, and believe it or not, Kekkaishi is occupying my mind a fair amount right now, both because I'm in the process of watching the anime and because I want to get back to translating it. (I really do, honest! But I refuse to do so until I'm up-to-date on Sket Dance! Damn you, Sket Dance! Why do I fail so much at translating you?!)

Weapon of choice; katana or laser pistol?
    Oh, katana every time. Laser pistols are just so... meh. Give me something that has style.

Who's your favorite manga-ka?
    Well, that's gotta be as difficult a question as asking a guy's favourite manga, surely XD Ehm, well, I suppose CLAMP just really stand out in general. I mean, come on. They're fucking brilliant. Oh, honourable mention to Hiro Mashima because I like his little ramblings alongside Fairy Tail Oh, and I don't think she really counts, but I'll say it anyway: Noizi Ito love! Apart from that, well, uh, just re-read the list of favourite manga, because I love all the manga-ka for the great manga they create ^^

Is there any meaning to the 128 in your name?
    It was just a number I chose when I first created my Hotmail account gawd-knows-how-many-years-ago, because it was an easy number to remember, whilst still not being a particularly common one for use in usernames. After that, "cnet128" just stuck as a username and I use it pretty much everywhere (the few places where it's already taken - heresy! - I use cnet256, and I think I was actually forced to fall back on cnet512 once or twice, though I can't say I remember where). For the record, I don't use that Hotmail account any more (though it lives on as my MSN Messenger account), but my Gmail account is... well, I think you can probably guess.

Are there really hot chicks in England?
    I daresay there are hot chicks in most places. There are also not-so-hot ones. Go figure.

What are your views on cloning yourself to optimize translating goodness?
    Lord, no. The world wouldn't be able to contain the awesomeness of two of me. Chuck Norris would cry like a baby at the very thought. (Besides which, being able to share out the workload would probably just encourage me to procrastinate even more.)

What's the weirdest thing you've ever eaten?
    Ehm, I don't know that I've eaten many things that could honestly be classed as "weird". I tried takoyaki once, which I certainly considered weird. But I guess considering I'm going to Japan pretty soon, that barely counts. There was also that one time when I spent an afternoon working my way through a pack of wasabi-flavoured crisps and a pack of sweets that I swear tasted of cardboard.

Have you ever looked back at one of your translations and noticed a big error post release and beat yourself up over it?
    More times than I'd care to mention. Well, I don't know about "big" error, but you know. Stupid errors. You may be familiar with my good old Numbers Hate Me syndrome. The worst part is that I usually don't spot them until after they've been used in the scanlations.

Firefist Ace Vs. Salamander Natsu, who'd win?
    Ace has Natsu beat in terms of coolness, but in an actual fight, I'd have to put my money on Natsu. I'd say the only thing Ace has going for him that Natsu doesn't have is the classic Logia ability to let blows pass straight through him, and with Natsu's ability to, you know, physically manhandle fire, I doubt that would do him any good here. Hell, Natsu could just eat him, and anything he threw at him. And while they're both pretty overpowered, I'd say Natsu has the edge when it comes to pure beating-the-crap-out-of-people (which is what it would come down to, since fire isn't going to have too much effect on either of them). I mean, he can go all dragon on Ace's ass.

Is there any chance you could translate that Kurogane one-shot that popped up last week in WSJ? :: Seeking to scanlate, actually attempted cleaning the RAW. ::
    Ehh, I'll pass on that. I oughta concentrate on getting up-to-date on Sket Dance. Besides, I'm not really into one-shots, at least until they actually get turned into proper series.

Who's your favorite modern Shonen action/adventure manga protagonist currently?
    Protagonists, eh? Allen Walker, of D.Gray-man! Closely followed by Luffy of One Piece, and Syaoran of Tsubasa. The Maka/Soul combo gets an honourable mention.
    The cnet128 Thread - Ask me anything. No, seriously. Do. It'll help combat my eternal boredom.

New Reply
Page 14 of 47 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast