Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 25 of 47 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 ... LastLast

Thread: The cnet128 Thread

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Josear XIII's Avatar
    Country
    Dominican Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The cnet128 Thread

XD jajaja sorry sorry, is because i want a good name. And i couldn't came up with a better one.

the meaning itself is just a name to call the Abilities created by humans with reiatsu, you know like Hatsu in HxH, so i want one and i only could came up with this one. if you can create one, that would be even better. and sorry if that bothers you :P

MH's Best Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member cnet128's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Ehmmmm... Off the top of my head, how about "Shinkon Kengen" (心魂顕現)? Literally, "Heart-and-Soul Manifestation". Sounds like the sort of thing you had in mind.
    The cnet128 Thread - Ask me anything. No, seriously. Do. It'll help combat my eternal boredom.

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Dominican Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

you are the best man, absolutely the thing i had in mind, just better expressed, thanks ^^

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member turok's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It's been awhile since I was around here... Cnet, you ever come to MH without having the need to login as your already logged in despite cleaning out cookies and cache?

That's been happening to me recently and wondering if anyone else experience this wierd bug.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

...no, I always leave myself logged in indefinitely, so I wouldn't know anything about that. I'd be more annoyed if I came to MH and I wasn't logged in ~~
    The cnet128 Thread - Ask me anything. No, seriously. Do. It'll help combat my eternal boredom.

Scanlator 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Doragon's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

A few questions (don't know if these ones are answered or not, but I'll ask anyway.)

What's it like living in Japan?
    How does the people there treat you like?

I'm asking this question simply to know what its like living there since its been my lifelong dream to go to Japan one day. ; A;
    Spoiler show

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member turok's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd assume treated normally but I hear japanese don't take so kindly to foreigners. but only in some cases that be real. the girls are fine with us, but the guys are sometimes a different tale.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Living in Japan is... like living anywhere else, only with more Japanese, more Japanese people, and more Japanese stuff =p

Nah, it's definitely got a uniqueness about it. As for the people... well, as I fail at talking to people in general, I don't really talk to Japanese people much, but those I have, have seemed perfectly friendly, if perhaps a little more... reserved? ...than your average gaijin. There's definitely a bit of a sense of "this is a gaijin, we must treat him differently", but it's not really a big problem so far as I've noticed. (But as I say, I'm not the greatest social person, so I'm not exactly the authority.)

Bobbas Veltez 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Joker
    Post Thanks / Like

How long have you been living in Japan cnet?

Do you do or know any OP translators that have done/ are doing the translations for the Yellow databook, since I can't understand japanese I've always wanted to see it cleaned and in English like the MH Naruto fans are trying to do with the character data book.

Thanks

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member oldgringo2001's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Re: The cnet128 Thread

I only like one manga on your list, but thank you again for giving me my weekly fix of Mahou Sensei Negima.

"oldgringo2001" is from eleven years ago when I signed up at Yahoo! to join a Sailor Moon fan fiction club. The founder was a software engineer in Mexico in his early thirties. Since I was even older, The Old Gringo (a great novel and a pretty awful movie) came to mind.

I had absolutely no desire to learn any Japanese until I discovered Shinobu Inokuma's 都立水商 (The School of Water Business) a few years ago. I started decoding it after discovering only a few chapters had been scanlated, and I already had the first six volumes. As of now about half the scanlations posted are mine, and if you want to see some really terrible work, I'll tell you where to find it. I'm not sure it's worth putting up at MH.

Speaking of the Water Trade and Kabuki-chou (where 都立水商 is set) I've read a lot on the web about attempts to reform Kabuki-chou into respectability (=conformity), particularly by Tokyo's mayor. He's quite a guy, pushing to get another Olympics into Tokyo, and also pushing to delete those last embarrassing references in the curriculum to such 1931-1945 hijinks as the Rape of Nanking, comfort women, Unit 731, etc., which never really happened at all to hear him tell it. What's your take, if any, on Hizzonor the Mayor, the situation in Kabuki-chou, and who Negi's mother really is?

I got banned from another forum for suggesting it might be Evangaline.
    Last edited by oldgringo2001; May 19, 2009 at 11:06 AM.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I have no take whatsoever on any of those serious issues, since I know nothing about them ><

As for who Negi's mother is... at risk of sounding boring, I'm inclined right now, just as Negi himself is, to think that it's Arika. Not that I've really thought particularly hard about it or anything, but, well, it fits. *shrug*

Eva as Negi's mother would be, er, interesting, but I would have thought the whole vampire thing, not to mention the fact that, physically speaking, she's a little too young to be having kids, would stand quite firmly in the way of that ~~ (Oh, I don't doubt these things can be overcome if you try hard enough, but it seems a little out there.)

At any rate, I think Arika and Eva are pretty much the only people who have been implied to have any kind of "relationship" with Nagi, so anyone else would come straight out of left field. Though of course that's not to say it's unlikely. I think we'd all be pretty shocked if there weren't some big surprises lurking in the history of Ala Rubra yet...

Country
    Dominican Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

Yo C, will you try the new manga Akaboshi - Ibun Suikoden from shonen jump, it would be nice to see your translation on it, give it a try since it only have 1 chapter.

http://mangahelpers.com/m/akaboshi-ibun-suikoden

^^

Scanlator 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Doragon's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

A very pathetic question here, but please answer:

Are most Japanese women beautiful?
    Spoiler show

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Ehm... I guess a lot of them are =p

(As for Akaboshi, sorry, but no, I have no intention of picking that up. If I were going to pick up one of the new weekly series right now, it would be Medaka Box, but I think I'm better off not increasing my weekly workload right now if I can help it ~~)

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member FeZ14's Avatar
    Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

Confused Re: The cnet128 Thread

Hey cnet, forgive me if this has been answered before or if I haven't read the answer but what's your occupation in Japan?

And personally, I wait for your Naruto and Bleach translations so I can have IMO the most accurate translations that fit into context of the mangas so thanks as always!!!
    Last edited by FeZ14; May 21, 2009 at 01:46 AM. Reason: Quoted by accident

New Reply
Page 25 of 47 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 ... LastLast