Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2)
New Reply
Page 36 of 47 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 ... LastLast

Thread: The cnet128 Thread

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner pshankarc's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The cnet128 Thread

Strange I can still view the pic on clicking the spoiler...Well anyway...Here's the link http://mangahelpers.com/downloads/read-online/1605/67

921 translations in less then three years is just unbelievable stuff..
    Last edited by pshankarc; September 25, 2009 at 05:37 PM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member d3death's Avatar
    Country
    Afghanistan
    Post Thanks / Like

though you have already answered it... but other than that ... is money involved too?
    as Franky-House accuse here..

http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/558/helpFH/

MH's Best Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member cnet128's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh, for the love of... No, there's no money involved.

Quote Originally Posted by pshankarc
    Can you kindly translate this pic...There are many confusions regarding what Yosaku actually says about Jimbei.
    Luffy: Whoa, no way!! There are seven guys like that?!! / These Shichibukai are amazing!!
    Sanji: .........
    Yosaku: The issue here is with a certain one of those Shichibukai. // Jimbei, boss of the Fishman Pirates!!
    Luffy: Fishmen, huh?! I've never met one of those!
    Sanji: Speaking of fishmen, I hear Fishman Island is one of the must-see spots over in the Grand Line! / They say the place is full of incredibly beautiful mermaids...
    Yosaku: In return for the title of Shichibukai, Jimbei set a seriously terrible guy loose... // ...out here in East Blue.
    Luffy: Something like this?
    Sanji: Oh, come on, that's just a creepy fish!
    Yosaku: Can you people not pay attention a little?!! // At any rate... let's not go into all the violent historical details. // The place we're heading to right now is called "Arlong Park"!!! // It's ruled over by a fishman pirate who was once on even terms with Jimbei of the Shichibukai... // ...a man by the name of "Arlong"!!! // In terms of fighting ability, he's even stronger than Don Krieg!!!
    The cnet128 Thread - Ask me anything. No, seriously. Do. It'll help combat my eternal boredom.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks again for that trans

Now on an other note
    The timing of the Naruto translations has been little wavery...It's been the same ever since Sai talked with Sakura about few annoying things...Did those annoying things affect your rate making you lose interest or is it just another reason...Normally you provide translations as soon as the raws are up but you know it's taking some time now...

Now as I am here,I will ask these too
    Who would you prefer as the next nakama in OP?
    Are you angry[pissed off] with that Sai-sakura scenario....?
    Last edited by pshankarc; September 28, 2009 at 05:33 PM.

Scanlator 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner WarriorKK's Avatar
    Country
    Vietnam
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm sorry for disturbing you. Can you help me for translating the first panel in this page?
    http://mangahelpers.com/downloads/read-online/15493/118

I wonder, do you have any comments about the recent rumors... I mean Mangahelpers' business plan?
    You don't need to answer this stupid question if you don't wanna (^^")
    I'm really sorry...

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pshankarc View Post
    The timing of the Naruto translations has been little wavery...It's been the same ever since Sai talked with Sakura about few annoying things...Did those annoying things affect your rate making you lose interest or is it just another reason...Normally you provide translations as soon as the raws are up but you know it's taking some time now...
    Trust me, when my translations get faster or slower, it never has anything to do with becoming more or less interested in the series. I'm as interested in Naruto as I ever was. It's just real-life issues of not finding enough time to devote to translations in general that cause them to sometimes show up later than usual. This particularly affects series that I give lower priority, and I've always given Naruto lower priority than the other Jump series, for a variety of reasons. That's all.

Now as I am here,I will ask these too
    Who would you prefer as the next nakama in OP?
    Are you angry[pissed off] with that Sai-sakura scenario....?
    Well, of the characters who have been featured recently, I suppose Bon Clay would probably be the best fit, but I don't expect it to happen, and it would seem a little odd. I'm certainly not one of those people who wants Hancock or Jimbei as Straw Hats. That would just seem wrong to me. I was in favour of Margaret as a possible Straw Hat back during Amazon Lily, but she was never really developed, so that doesn't really seem like an option at this point. If I had to name a favourite character for possible new Straw Hat at this point, it would probably still be Caimie (assuming we ever get back to her >_<)

Quote Originally Posted by WarriorKK View Post
    I'm sorry for disturbing you. Can you help me for translating the first panel in this page?
    http://mangahelpers.com/downloads/read-online/15493/118
    "But I'll be all right. // I may strictly speaking only be living in Okinomiya, not Hinamizawa itself... // ...but I went so far as to run away, just to come back here."

Quote Originally Posted by WarriorKK View Post
    I wonder, do you have any comments about the recent rumors... I mean Mangahelpers' business plan?
    You don't need to answer this stupid question if you don't wanna (^^")
    I'm really sorry...
    Just posted this comment on that subject. Uh, enjoy >_<
    The cnet128 Thread - Ask me anything. No, seriously. Do. It'll help combat my eternal boredom.

8. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Draco1988's Avatar
    Country
    Vietnam
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi cnet, TRC 232 is out and others' translation left me in confusion, can you help me with that? Here is the RAW if you need: http://enigma.4rumer.net/raw-uploadi...t457.htm#18129
    Thanks

Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Please don't mind me intruding again but can you translate the top left column of this page.Is the gender of Dadan hinted or does Garp just say that I left you with my friend....

Reason I ask is one trans reads 'In the end I left you & Ace with my friend asking him to train you guys''Gender can me made out from this..But few guys point out saying the him part isn't mentioned in the Raw....Kindly clear this up for me when you have the time

Do you read novels too???[Irrelevant but anyway]
    Last edited by pshankarc; September 30, 2009 at 05:05 PM.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Draco1988 View Post
    Hi cnet, TRC 232 is out and others' translation left me in confusion, can you help me with that? Here is the RAW if you need: http://enigma.4rumer.net/raw-uploadi...t457.htm#18129
    Thanks
    Thanks for that raw! Translation is now up.

Please don't mind me intruding again but can you translate the top left column of this page.Is the gender of Dadan hinted or does Garp just say that I left you with my friend....

Reason I ask is one trans reads 'In the end I left you & Ace with my friend asking him to train you guys''Gender can me made out from this..But few guys point out saying the him part isn't mentioned in the Raw....Kindly clear this up for me when you have the time
    No, there's no explicit gender mentioned in that panel.

Do you read novels too???[Irrelevant but anyway]
    Sure. I've been reading a lot of light novels in recent years. Read the whole Haruhi series the year before I went to Japan, the whole of the Shana series while I was in Japan, and I've started on the Index series since returning (though right now I'm in the middle of the new Shana book~)

Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cnet128 View Post
    Sure. I've been reading a lot of light novels in recent years. Read the whole Haruhi series the year before I went to Japan, the whole of the Shana series while I was in Japan, and I've started on the Index series since returning (though right now I'm in the middle of the new Shana book~)
    Light novels hey...Do you have any favourite author or genre then..Light novels are mostly translated into manga/animes.Do you prefer these.

Do you also read normal serieses like LOTR,Da Vinci Code etc to mention a few new ones & old ones like 1984,Assistant etc.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, those are all the light novels I've read so far, and I loved them all, so... =p

As for preferring the manga/anime adaptations, well, I generally prefer the original work over adaptations on principle, whether that original work be a manga, an anime, a light novel, or whatever, but in the case of light novels, I suppose there is something to be said for the visual effect a manga/anime can add, even if it does lose something from the original. I love the Haruhi anime, of course; it's very well-made, and heck, it's what led me to read the light novels in the first place. I tried checking out the Shana anime briefly after getting into the light novels, but wasn't too impressed with the execution or the way it screwed heavily around to the order/flow of events, so I never really watched much of that. The Index anime, I haven't checked out yet. But in general, the original is always best ^^

As for English works, well, I used to read a lot of books in general, mostly sci-fi, fantasy and the like, but I haven't really done much of that recently. (And by what standards are you classifying LotR as 'new'? XD)

Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cnet128 View Post
    As for English works, well, I used to read a lot of books in general, mostly sci-fi, fantasy and the like, but I haven't really done much of that recently. (And by what standards are you classifying LotR as 'new'? XD)
    I can't believe I put that in there but well I put the ones that are talked about a lot in there & the first ones that came to my mind were LOTR & Da Vinci Code...

But still The same author Tolkien's English is more complex & perfect in Silmarillon then in LOTR...& as you provide the translations in English,do you have an author you prefer whose English usage seems better to you...Guys who read books normally prefer the English usage of few authors & maybe few develop their styles based on that...So to put it simply ,as you have good command in English did you do something similar.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know, really... I don't really think too much about style of writing when I'm translating manga, I just try to write what seems natural, and of course what matches the feel of the original text.

Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Ever thought about creating your own work & all???Writing novels,drawing mangas etc...If anyone asked you to draw a character from the mangas you translate[not a perfect image],will you do it.If you do,which one would you draw

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Ahahah. I actually always wanted to be an author, but I haven't really written anything since around when I started doing translations ~~ As for drawing, I've never been any good at that, unfortunately. Ahh, how I wish I was XD

I suppose if I was going to try to draw someone, though, it would be... ahh, I don't know, too many characters to choose from. Heck, too many *manga* to choose from. >_<

New Reply
Page 36 of 47 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 ... LastLast