Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Volume 33 (Chapters 287-296) Discussion

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member White Rabbit's Avatar
    Country
    Band of the Hawks 2
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Berserk 288 Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Bartserk View Post
    seems like Roderick is feared in the seven seas
    yup... the pirates refer to him as "Roderick, Prince of the High Seas" and they call his ship the "Sea Horse". It looks like they are famous for defeating five Tudor-ships at once.

Quote Quote:
    So is Caska actually talking? She seems to be at least showing signs of spunk. Why is Farnese bowing down to her?
    No, Casca is just giving her usual "uuuhh" and "aaaaahh"-speach... Farnese is bowing down because she is upset that Guts is risking his life for Casca everytime and yet she shows him the cold shoulder... while Farnese obviously has a crush on him(and so does Schierke).
    Music of rebellion makes you wanna rage

But it's made by millionaires who're nearly twice your age

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member shego's Avatar
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

I was going to put this series off for a while but these pirates are one of the reasons I read stuff like this and Mad Bull 34 and Bambi and her Pink Gun and some shonen stuff ( JJBA, Hokuto / Souten No Ken, Crying Freeman, etc. ) : unique random filthy thugs.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner the-REvamped's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Heh, can't wait to get the translations. Either way, the RAW was awesome enough. And that pirate/smuggler guy doesn't have the balls to put up a really good fight.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, Rodderick is literally pwning the pirates. I thought he was boring when he was first introduced, but now I like him a lot.

Side note, Guts looks more ****ed up than I've ever seen him.
    Last edited by White Rabbit; August 04, 2007 at 05:28 AM. Reason: offensive language

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member itachi2510's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

well, it look like roderick can do some things too, but i want to see them arriving in Elfhelm, but the next chapter just on September 13

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Is it just me or the last two chapters showing Farnese a little jealous..... I know shes frustrated with Caska. Sheirek and Farnese may have more in common than majic! I dought much will come of it though! Anyways I can't see Guts sitting out of this battle... I mean "he'll fight to the end even if he has to crawl after you"!

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Midina^_^'s Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Awww we have to wait till september! ARG!

Of course Farnese is jealous. She's got it bad for guts. Ugh... I just can't get myself to like her. She's so freakin crazy.

Poor little Schierke she's the only female main character that pervy old Miura hasn't manged to rape or show naked. (Actually I think we did get to see her in a bath scene but it didn't show anything so it dosen't count). I mean she's a little girl but that obviously means nothing to Miura looking at his track record. She needs to get over her little crush becuase it will just hurt her in the end. Her and Farnese.

I hope Guts dose sit out on this battle becuase he looks like crap. I mean did you see his back and face?! His poor manly face... *Sniff*

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Musashi_Keiji's Avatar
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

Guts is a pimp and will end up with all 3 girls and even more down the line. lol.

Now that Roderick has shown to have great abilities for sea battle is he going to become part of Guts' team?

Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Guts will have his own harem by the end of this series.
    But seriously, although it is great that another of the team is finally given some prominence, I predict that Roderick quickly lose importance as I don't think sea battles will be a big part of the plot..

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner killridemedly's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Pirates eh? If Guts is involved this fight should last about 3 panels.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner LordKnight's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Lol, I think Mura is a fan of the POTC series, the pirate lord looks quite like jack sparrows father in the third instalment. Anyhow - I don't know, i think i'm losing patience with Mura but it's like a dilemma, I want to know the ending, how things will get sorted out. And yet again I'd also want to go along the rest of the journey, the problem with that is the pace at which it's moving forwards: 12-20 chapters a year is not but any means considered fast paced, and by the looks of it, we're only half way through Guts's journey. Needless to say the fact that we the fans can't do anything about the unfortunate situation does not help either. Altogether though, think if the anime gets picked up again by some studio, it'd motivate Mura to finish the story faster. Regardless of all this, however, i'm still an avid fan.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member White Rabbit's Avatar
    Country
    Band of the Hawks 2
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LordKnight View Post
    I think Mura is a fan of the POTC series, the pirate lord looks quite like jack sparrows father in the third instalment.
    the first appearance of the pirates in vritannis was actually before keith richards played sparrows father in "at worlds end".
    so it would be more appropriate to assume that verbinski is a fan of berserk.
    Music of rebellion makes you wanna rage

But it's made by millionaires who're nearly twice your age

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Hiruma Disciple's Avatar
    Country
    Brunei
    Post Thanks / Like

hmmm the pirates should look less savvy and more brutish (is there such a word) what im saying is berserk is around the persian spartan period so why r there pirates that look like jack sparrow?
    Yahaa!

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member shego's Avatar
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by White Rabbit View Post
    so it would be more appropriate to assume that verbinski is a fan of berserk.
    Judging from some of Davey Jones' more awesome looking grunts, absolutely true.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner LordKnight's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hiruma Disciple View Post
    hmmm the pirates should look less savvy and more brutish (is there such a word) what im saying is berserk is around the persian spartan period so why r there pirates that look like jack sparrow?

Wrong. Back then there were no cannons, if there was, then the battle of thermopylae wouldn't be as famous as it is now... My assumption is that the time is around 200-400 years ago. I can't be sure though, cause they seem to have cannons but not single-shot pistols. Anyhow, if guns come into play guts is dead meat. Mura is walking on thin ice, the way he's set up berserkverse; stating from when Guts attached that cannon into his left hand, for all we know Griffith might be in the process of making the A-bomb.

To White Rabbit: Could you give me the reference for that please, volume and chapter would be good enough.
    Last edited by LordKnight; August 22, 2007 at 07:51 AM.

Thread Closed
Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast