Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30

Thread: Volume 33 (Chapters 287-296) Discussion

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Shinomori Aoshi's Avatar
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Berserk 296 Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Silhouette View Post
    What you said is true about not having pure evil and pure good people. But that applies humans not demons. Demons are pure evil, the 5 demon kings said that when a human offers sacrifice to them, he is cut from his humanity. Griffith is not only a demon but he is a demon king too.
    To further explain my train of thought, what exactly is evil (or good)? I can give a definition, but it will be a unique one, my definition of evil, definitely different from any other person's in the world. The term 'pure evil' applies differently to different people.
    You could even say there could be someone with a completely twisted personality that could find 'good' in the sacrifice of the BoH, and actually believe it to be so.
    I should have mentioned all this in the first post...

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shinomori Aoshi View Post
    I am not quite convinced of the absolutely evil nature of Griffith yet. Actually, in our world there is noone someone can call purely evil or purely good; all people are somewhere in the middle. And Berserk has so much depth that I can't imagine any of the characters not belonging to this idea, even if it is Griffith or God Hand. In fact, the only (very) evil thing that he did was the sacrifice of the BoH and the raping of Casca. After that I can't remember one single evil thing that he did. He most likely is just motivated by his dream and will do anything to achieve it, evil or good; that doesn't mean that when he achieves it he'll start doing all sorts of evil deeds... Sorry for bad English.

you got the point. he seems not to be evil apart from the betray (killing and raping of the ones who believed in him). And i think this is going to be what the whole manga wants to say.

if now griffith acts like a hero, is seen like a hero and IS a man who seeks goodnes, and guts want to kill him:

is it right to claim his guilty and then a punishment?
    or making the world a safer and best place to live, saving thousands of lives, exonerates him from what he did?

so? if you were one of the nobles displayed in the manga, and knowing (as they will now at a certain pont of the story) how griffith obtained the power to bring peace, would you support guts and probably involve into the old good and evil world or would you support griffith and pardon him to preserve peace?

is a matter of moral.
    Last edited by nutuna; May 30, 2008 at 05:37 AM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member luna_wolf's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

woohoo this looks great!!! now for the long wait for the next one¬¬

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Silhouette's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shinomori Aoshi View Post
    To further explain my train of thought, what exactly is evil (or good)? I can give a definition, but it will be a unique one, my definition of evil, definitely different from any other person's in the world. The term 'pure evil' applies differently to different people.
    You could even say there could be someone with a completely twisted personality that could find 'good' in the sacrifice of the BoH, and actually believe it to be so.
    I should have mentioned all this in the first post...
    what you said is true, the concepts of evil and good are relative and they mix with each other...especially in this time and age when personal interests are used to define what's good or bad.

I too will try to explain better why Griffith is evil.
    Consider this fact about human brain, people cannot be decisive when they receive mixed signals. for example, Place your hand on a very hot iron and you will remove it quickly. Place your hand on a very cold iron and you will remove it quickly. But if you place one hand on a piece of hot iron and another piece of very cold iron at the same time then your mind won't be able to tell if this was good or bad because it's getting a mixed signal and your decision will be delayed for a long time.

Having stated this fact, Griffith is evil, a killer, a rapist and above all very self centered but he gives mixed signals to confuse people and make them follow him. It was told from the very beginning of the story that Griffith is a demon king but I forgot everything about that and liked him later when I saw how he saved Guts and how he seemed to care about his comrades until he offered them all in the festival. Therefore, no matter what Griffith does now, his true evil nature will show when it counts and whatever he does that looks good now, he does it to make people follow or actually worship him now.
    CLICK SIGNATURE ABOVE FOR BLEACH & OP COLOURED PAGES

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Pink Warrior 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member baboysai's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Silhouette. It's all politics or something. You know, making yourself look good when all this time you're scheming something else. For all we know, he might be leading them all on only to devour everyone or throw them to the demons as a feast. -_-

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

This is something I always loved about Berserk. The whole manga rarelly (if ever) talks about being good or evil. Every character has his hown reasons, were it ambition, revenge, whathever. I remember, ie, the God Hands talking about Karma. I guess there's no doubt on the demons being evil, as for Griffith being evil, I think he is but, you know, that's not the point.

Phemt is clearly going to be king of the midlands, it will be interesting when one day Guts knows the news. What will he do then?

And what I'm really guessing about is how the world is going to change, since Miura has been putting a stress on the matter for a long time now. Maybe it will be something as simple as apostles roaming freely around, but if I'm getting it right something bigger's behind the courtains

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Succubus's Avatar
    Country
    Micronesia
    Post Thanks / Like

known as Lucifer / Killy69 / Medusa / L41n / Guts

9. Thanks 6 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member crazy_horse1989's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

OMG!!!!! it`s gonna be something epic!!

thanks for the spoilers!!
    "War... Revenge... Maybe that's enough reason I'm all alone, I think. Fofr now. And withi me is the black berserker rage... And only that... Will keep me on my feet. As I head towards you... Pressing on."
    --> Guts from the manga BERSERK...

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member GAT-X252's Avatar
    Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool. I'm gonna translate the few dialogs of Ganishka

Spoiler show

The funny thing is that...it doesn't say the date of the next chapter...well it's not funny at all.
    (キタ━━━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━━━ !!!!!)

心臓がドキドキドキドキ!!!!

06/25/09 - Goodnight Sweet Prince

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

woah how cool is that! That's pretty fast for a berserk chapter...

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jack Van Burace's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Perhaps that's not all there is! ^^ Anyways, we know now that the Hawk of light has appeared in the Horizon, and probably will defeat Ganishka on its own, without Griffith moving a finger. I believe that if it happens, might be enough of a proof for the humans that Griffith was chosen as the world's savior by the Hawk of light, and he doesn't need to show them that he is the same person (as the Hawk).

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

But I'd have expected the masses to be kinda stupid and that they had to see Griffith lift at least a finger. Isn't that how politics works? like spend a day carrying babies and stuff?

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member GAT-X252's Avatar
    Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

Ganishka seems to have destroyed the field, the "Hawk of Light" seems to be protecting the Band of the Hawks from the fire created by the attacks of Ganishka.

As expected, Ganishka is f***ing powerful.
    (キタ━━━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━━━ !!!!!)

心臓がドキドキドキドキ!!!!

06/25/09 - Goodnight Sweet Prince

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Silhouette's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baboysai View Post
    they had to see Griffith lift at least a finger. Isn't that how politics works? like spend a day carrying babies and stuff?

I hope we have a proper show down. Judging by Griffith's character, he has to make things look more dramatic even if he is able to beat Ganishka with one finger. He who wins the hearts of people rules.

Quote Originally Posted by GAT-X252 View Post
    Ganishka seems to have destroyed the field, the "Hawk of Light" seems to be protecting the Band of the Hawks from the fire created by the attacks of Ganishka.

As expected, Ganishka is f***ing powerful.
    First of all, thanks a lot for the translation.

Ganishka spitting fire sue makes him look like a devil
    I wonder if Griffith's power has something to do with the wind since he has blown away things before, like the arrows aimed at him by Kushans and the mystical mist that Ganishka used to have in his former self. Griffith is doing the same thing now with Ganihska's fire.
    CLICK SIGNATURE ABOVE FOR BLEACH & OP COLOURED PAGES

Thread Closed
Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30