Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/20/14 - 10/26/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 516 (2) , Bleach 602 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Official Kimimaro Thread

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member glasskatana's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The Official Kimimaro Thread

[center]WELCOME ALL TO THE OFFICIAL KIMIMARO THREAD.
    If you're a fan of the man who can do anything with his bones, this is the place to be. I realize that our time with Dear Kimimaro was very short, most would say too short, but that's not gonna stop me from making a thread about him. Post fanart, discuss possibilities, but most of all have fun!

Diehard Fans
    Glasskatana

Fanart

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Official Kimimaro Thread

Naw remember he said he had always wanted him the most , but when he got that disease Orochimaru dropped him like a sack of potatoes. I am not sure whether it was a lack of will to cure him or he was in fact the one who infected him, I think Kabuto had something to do with his disease. At that time he should have still been under Sasori's jutsu or if he wasnt he was just doing it for his own reasons I think Kabuto definately was in on it. Ya know if you check his stats in the databook he was actually in the same league as Asuma in his overall ability when he was healthy. And he was only like 16.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Uchiha Slayer's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by poopoomaru
    Naw remember he said he had always wanted him the most , but when he got that disease Orochimaru dropped him like a sack of potatoes. I am not sure whether it was a lack of will to cure him or he was in fact the one who infected him, I think Kabuto had something to do with his disease. At that time he should have still been under Sasori's jutsu or if he wasnt he was just doing it for his own reasons I think Kabuto definately was in on it. Ya know if you check his stats in the databook he was actually in the same league as Asuma in his overall ability when he was healthy. And he was only like 16.
    yeah, Kimimaro was definately the truth. he was one inch away from killing the future kazekage. But I hate to say it, if you put the new sasuke up against the Kimimaro before death, I think sasuke could easily kill him.
    <br />Dont look me in the eyes or you&#039;ll be sorry

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh well hell yea this new Sasuke would whoop his ass. I dont know about Kimimaro before his disease though, I mean from how they talked Kimimaro was on the same level of progression as Sasuke is now. No doubt he was likely on just as many ninja steriods and such. If you think about it under perfect conditions Kimimaro would be unstoppable. He was able to line the inside of his body with impenatrable bone making him resistant to physical attacks. His body when he was fighting Gaara had to be at it absolute limit. He said himself that the only way he was moving then was from sheer force of will.

Sasukes got himself a whole new way of fighting though that I would love to see explored, his heaven seal full release lets him fly , and no doubt I would think he will take full advantage of that. I am thinking a rapid diving Sasuke with a Chidori from the sky.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I like to think that Kimimaro, at curse seal level 2, in perfect health, was probably at Kakashi's level, if not slightly beyond that.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Post Thanks / Like

i wonder how kimi's bones would hold up to a chidori

Itachi's Hat Maker MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted kadoman's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

YAY! A thread for Kimmi!

Kimmi is one of my favourite characters in Naruto. I wish Kishi had devoted more time to his backstory, but at least the anime did an excellent job of that, so I shouldn't complain.

The reason I like him so much is that he went with his dignity in tact. He didn't get converted to the Church of Naruto, didn't see the 'light', didn't change his mind and spared anyone's life, didn't give up his devotion to the 'cause' (that it was an empty cause makes him an even more tragic character) and especially did not give an inch.

He was a bloody stubborn bastard.

Right up until, literally, the dying seconds, he never once wavered. He was steadfast, single-minded about his purpose. I really respect him for that, even though he was blind to the truth.

In my opinion, he would have killed Gaara (much as I love Gaara, he was a dead man) had he lived long enough.

I never get into speculations about Kimmi challenging pre-time skip Gaara v post-time skip Gaara though, because you just don't know. Unless we see the growth and strength of a post-time skip Gaara, it's pure guess work.

[br]Posted on: 02 January 2007, 16:23:57_________________________________________________
    Naw remember he said he had always wanted him the most , but when he got that disease Orochimaru dropped him like a sack of potatoes. I am not sure whether it was a lack of will to cure him or he was in fact the one who infected him, I think Kabuto had something to do with his disease.
    If I recall, the disease is inherited - a genetic defect carried by his clan. Kabuto was trying to find a 'cure' so that Oro would have a flawless container, but failed. And yeah, Oro did drop him basically because he was no longer going to be of any use to him, a prospect which motivated Kimmi to try even harder to get Sasuke for Oro, just so he could prove his worth, even if it meant hurting himself. *sniff*

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kyubisharingan's Avatar
    Country
    Jamaica
    Post Thanks / Like

WOOT Kimimaro-kun. its been a while. here is a fanart i found

もし僕と別れたら、一番いい人と別れるから、よりいい人を選ばなくちゃいけない。
    まだ。。。日本語習ってる

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

WOW! AWESOME!

I would love to know where I can get the original of this:

I think it's gorgeous.

Spoiler show

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

WOOHOO!! Thanks for the fanart guys. They look great. And I agree Kado, one of the things that makes Kimmi so great is the fact that he was so incredibly devoted to his personal dream (however misguided it was) He was like the calm, cool, collected, version of Naruto.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by glasskatana
    He was like the calm, cool, collected, version of Naruto.
    That is one scary thought! Kimmi was like an Oro convert, instead of a Naruto convert. When you think about it, Oro is also like Naruto just that he converts baddies instead of goodies.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Uchiha Slayer's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree, that kimi dude was a series head case. What if kimi had tail beast in him? how powerful he would be or would've been
    <br />Dont look me in the eyes or you&#039;ll be sorry

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kadoman

If I recall, the disease is inherited - a genetic defect carried by his clan. Kabuto was trying to find a 'cure' so that Oro would have a flawless container, but failed. And yeah, Oro did drop him basically because he was no longer going to be of any use to him, a prospect which motivated Kimmi to try even harder to get Sasuke for Oro, just so he could prove his worth, even if it meant hurting himself. *sniff*
    I dont remember it being Genetic, and once again even if he did say that that is coming from Kabuto , so the possibility he is lying is still . . . well possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Uchiha Slayer
    I agree, that kimi dude was a series head case. What if kimi had tail beast in him? how powerful he would be or would've been
    Pretty POwerful lol. The thing I wanna know is how crazy would Orochimaru be if he had Kimimaro's body?? I mean his fighting style is already freaky enough as it is, but add to that the power to manipulate his bones and Orochimaru wont seem like something human at all on the battle field.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I dont remember it being Genetic, and once again even if he did say that that is coming from Kabuto , so the possibility he is lying is still . . . well possible.
    Yeah, you might be right about it not being genetic. I'm not sure where I got that idea from (the anime?!?). I don't think Kishi actually went into any details at all about the illness or its origins! I do think Kabuto was honest about trying to find a cure though, simply because he is devoted (as far as we know) to Oro and would have done just about anything to help him fulfil his goal.

Anyone else out there know how Kimmi got his disease and what it was?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I know in the manga Kabuto mentions that if he had any family records and medical history of the clan he would probably be able to cure it, but he doesn't since the entire clan was wiped out. This is another reason I believe it was genetic.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast