Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by kewl0210
New Reply
Page 103 of 113 FirstFirst ... 3 53 93 101 102 103 104 105 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 1689

Thread: The Drinks Drank Drunk Thread

Bobbas Veltez 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Joker
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Drinks Drank Drunk Thread

Caipirinha cocktail is really nice; we have a bar in my city that does 2 for 1 cocktails on Mondays; bonus! Singapore Slings are really nice. But my favourite is a Peach Havana Mojito they do there hmmmm~ I'd happily get drunk off that.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Teubier's Avatar
    Country
    Reunion
    Post Thanks / Like

Three months since I bottled, in the Hibiki bottle, a homemade mixing of Hibiki 17/Taketsuru 12/ Black Nikka Special/Nikka from the barrel/Scapa 16/Macallan 15/ Coal Ila 12/Laphroaig 10 remnants.
    I tried it once, a couple of weeks after mixing it, and the Laphroaig & Coal Ila were suppressing the others' flavours, but this time it felt really whole. The smell is strong, a bit weaker than the stronger I smelt/tasted (that would be a Kawasaki 1982 bottled in 2011), but it's really enjoyable. Now the taste has become quite unique, with an aftertaste that recalls the (L. + C.I.) but also the Nikka from the barrel. I think the Scapa & the Macallan helped a lot to smooth the mix. Heck, it feels really good .

Cheers everyone .
    ~Oscar!http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic168684_18.gif!rascO~

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Crude's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a question about vodka: Is it supposed to be odorless and tasteless? From what I've heard you get a taste from regular, cheap vodka, whilst good quality vodka has a taste that's hardly noticeable. What is a good vodka brand? Usually I drink Eristoff which is pretty good though I normally only drink the flavoured varieties. I heard Smirnoff isn't so great, though I don't really drink it anymore. And what's a good way to prepare vodka? I heard you're supposed to keep it in a freezer.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Vodka is not supposed to be odorless and tasteless. Granted very few people know what it is supposed to taste like. I like drinking it but I can't say I know much about it. from what I have read the issue is so weird that apparently there even is little benefit between buying a expensive and a cheap one. I remember reading a few articles about people being asked which vodka they preferred between a expensive and a cheaper one and generally they picked the cheap one.

Corporate 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member blai's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

I usually buy the cheaper vodka (whilst staying away from stuff like Jeltzin as every time you drink a shot of Jeltzin a panda dies) but I can't say I have much basis for my decision apart from the fact that I think it taste almost the same as the more expensive ones and that I'm a student so I don't want to spend all my money on liquor.

SWEDEN
    Y U NO SELL CHEAP ALCS?
    You're not paid to think;
    A mindless worker is a happy worker,
    so shut up and do your job.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Evil3ye's Avatar
    Country
    San Marino
    Post Thanks / Like

Let the Russian answer this question.

First of all, why on hell's earth would you people want to buy cheap vodka in first place? Want hungover much? -.-
    Secondly, vodka is far from tasteless, at least not the good brands. The taste varies from bit nutty to slightly milky. If you drink it without mixing it with all kind of juices or sodas of course. -.-;

A good vodka you can easily recognize when you drink, it in fact appears that it's not burning your throat when drinking a cup. Unfortunately this law is not helping you in the beverage store. Brands I would highly recommend are the Russian Standard, Parliament, uhm there are not many other good ones exporting from Russia but if you see 5 Ozer, it's not bad too. From the American brand, which most likely are easier to get Skyy Vodka and Three Sixty are my favourites - rest is pretty much crap.
    Last edited by Evil3ye; January 08, 2012 at 08:13 AM.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

The only one of those I have tried is sky. I normally prefer that one but for some reason people around me usually go for absolute or Smirnoff. How about grey goose though?

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Evil3ye's Avatar
    Country
    San Marino
    Post Thanks / Like

Like the French one? Never tried yet. You?

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it is pretty good and while it is obviously pricier I am no vodka connoisseur. Thats why I was asking lol.

Pink Warrior 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member baboysai's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I actually had a blast during the holidays because of the alcohol. I was in a country where alcohol was banned, so I didn't drink for two straight months. When I finally hit it, I was drunk immediately.

And geez, the things I did

I learned the hard way, and my new year's resolution now is to NEVER DRINK AGAIN (with the exception of wine/champagne).

I realized I should never be drunk on my own (i.e. no personal attendant to look after me while drinking). I go really crazy and do crazy stuff that I end up regretting. and I'm getting old for it. If left alone to roam freely (while drunk) I am on a path of doom.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Crude's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Evil3ye View Post
    Let the Russian answer this question.

First of all, why on hell's earth would you people want to buy cheap vodka in first place? Want hungover much? -.-
    Secondly, vodka is far from tasteless, at least not the good brands. The taste varies from bit nutty to slightly milky. If you drink it without mixing it with all kind of juices or sodas of course. -.-;

A good vodka you can easily recognize when you drink, it in fact appears that it's not burning your throat when drinking a cup. Unfortunately this law is not helping you in the beverage store. Brands I would highly recommend are the Russian Standard, Parliament, uhm there are not many other good ones exporting from Russia but if you see 5 Ozer, it's not bad too. From the American brand, which most likely are easier to get Skyy Vodka and Three Sixty are my favourites - rest is pretty much crap.
    Thanks Russian guy ! My problem with Smirnoff, as well as regular Eristoff, is the burning sensation you mentioned. I'll be on the lookout for the brands you suggested, although to be honest where I live there's nowhere that offers that big a selection when it comes to alcohol. I'll have to try some quality liquor stores.

And thanks you other guys too! Oh, and I think that by tasteless and oderless it means that easy to mix with other drinks and that it doesn't leave that much of an odor in your breath.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rarhyx's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

too much wodka and a lil bit beer
    we started at 7.30 pm and finished at 3.30 am
    somehow i feel now very tired
    that was an awesome birthday

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Shojin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

*sigh* It has been two freaking weeks since I had me a glass of wine.

Speaking of which, anyone here who lives in Fort worth, TX know where I can find some places that sells fantastic wine?
    ****THE NICO ROBIN: ROKUSHIKI PROJECT****
    Go here (UPDATE 3/8/14)
    ****THE SHIZURU KUWABARA: REIKIBUKI STYLE PROJECT***
    Go here (UPDATE 05/23/12)
    My Shadow Blossom fanfic

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity TheMoa's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

I forgot about this topic... I'm on vacation and I've been drinking like crazy in the last weeks , while I usually drink less than 3 times a month.
    But I'm sober for 6 days now, It IS something on this CRAZY vacations.

Anyway, about vodka... I usually drink Sky on my class parties(Smirnioff too), it's good and affordable. The guys over here usually goes crazy about Absolut, but it's too expensive for college students like me.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rarhyx's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

2 beer
    1 mixxery (beer + coke mix)
    2 tequila sunrise
    1 long island icetea
    2 wodka shots
    2 desperados

and I end up throwing up in the subway.