Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Eureka 7

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Eureka 7

Bump to if anyone can confirm the movie or possible series continuation that I keep hearing on Eureka 7 Forums. Can't find anything with solid proof to either prove it disprove it.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Based on the date of the post and the number of posts he has this was most likely in vain but I couldn't have such lies in this topic go unargued.
    No your post was not in vain, Having that argument with bloodking was a rather draining experience and I began to feel like I have a very unique and eccentric taste. Also because of a combination of inconveniences in my "real life" and what I presumed was lack of much positive interest I lost almost all motivation to finish my thought on this series. But posts like yours really make me feel better and I think I might just complete this review soon.

...I am not making anymore promises though.
    Blind dude rocks! click the link to find out why, I dare you
    Spoiler: awesome slashdot(and other) quote(s) show

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

There are tons of people who loved E7. Your opinions about it aren't very uncommon at all. Hell I've heard a bunch of people list it as one of their favorite animes.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Egypt
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd wish to see the Eureka review complete ... i enjoyed what i have read so far ^_^

Eureka 7 has got to be on my top fav animes alongside ( FMA, Cowboy Bebop, Baccano!, Gunbuster, Innocent Venus )

The series was really enjoyable and actually makes more sense than EVA did ( since Eva was more based on biblical references twisted and manipulated severly ) ... i did enjoy watching Renton & Eureka grow and change until the very ending ... it was a very nice journey with all its ups & downs

If i compare the ups & downs IMHO i think there far more good things about the series than bad things :-

The good:
    -----------
    -Fantastic detailed world with all the tiny bits that make it believable ( all the locals, cities, side characters, magazines, pop culture, terminologies, etc etc )

-Fantastic main cast with personalities that cover a very wide spectrum and a pure innocent love story with two main characters that grow beautifuly through the series.

-Fantastic Musical score that can only be matched by FMA musical score, every intro and ending adds to the mood and is instantly lovable, and the BG music is outstanding, it always emphasizes the situation on screen with orchestral scores not seen in many animes ^_^

-Beautiful art that has a distinctive style and a colorful vivid palette that brings a heart warming feeling to the viewer, not to forget the unique mechanical designs and the distinctive character designs.

The Bad:
    ----------
    -I never fully understood the main villian's motives ( Dewey i mean ), i setteled that he is either just nuts and mad or that he really believed he was saving the planet from the coral aliens.

** Does anyone know what the "Golden Bough" - book about fertality rituals in ancient times - had to do with Dewey, the Coral & the murder of dewey's father by his own hands !!!! **

-The ending was fine, but i wish they really showed Eureka & Renton more clearly after all the mess in the end ?

-I gotta say the series gets a little bit melodramatic at points, only once or twice i felt that that the situation didn't really require the characters to scream and fight about it, but at other times it really was very effective and emotional.

Debatable:
    ------------
    -Eureka really has nothing to do with gundam, i'd say it follows the formula of EVA ( which is ok since that's not copying ) .. but Gundam !!!! ... no way ... gundam follows a completely set formula of ( Earth vs Space Colonies ) in most of its stories, with many elements that appear in every one ( normal human vs enhanched humans, masked man, pilot who changes sides, secret mecha, project ot destroy earth by droping something on it , etc etc ) ... even ( Code Geass ) took some of those elements and implemented them.

So there is no way a story like Eureka 7 ( about a love between a young normal boy and a young alien girl and their struggle with their friends to save the planet from being destroyed by either the alines or the humans ) compare to the Gundma formula ( which ain't bad but is diff. )

-The moon signature thing wasn't really that bad, no one can say its 100% not possible, a ray of laser today can cast words or shapes on walls, now expand that into the future and add alien technology to it ... TADA .. anything could happen .. you just need to open your mind and don't take it too seriously .... but to say the truth ... what felt cheesy was the fact that it felt like that beam thing wasn't intentional .. that ws going a little bit to far in the realm of cheesyness XD

I really wish to read the your full review "kiddo7", i guess many Eureka 7 fans are enjoying it ^_^

Have a nice day

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Quartz-pebble's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought it was a great series. There's no such thing as a perfect anime(or perfect anything for that matter), but I can't think of any terrible faults off the top of my head. Out of everything I've seen, it'd probably be a 8 or 9 out of 10.
    ~Mineral & Rock Collector~

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member redcometfm's Avatar
    Wish it were Los Angeles. Soon, very soon.
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually, Hunter-Wolf, if you compare the beginning of Eureka 7 to Mobile Suit Gundam, it is similar (but then again I'll admit, EVA pulled the same thing). Specifically, if you compare the entire Ramba Ral segment of Mobile Suit Gundam to Eureka 7's segment with Renton running away to that other couple with mechs (I can't remember names atm), it's extremely similar.

The Heart-Beam-on-the-Moon was incredibley cheesey.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member D3M1URG3's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by redcometfm View Post
    Actually, Hunter-Wolf, if you compare the beginning of Eureka 7 to Mobile Suit Gundam, it is similar (but then again I'll admit, EVA pulled the same thing). Specifically, if you compare the entire Ramba Ral segment of Mobile Suit Gundam to Eureka 7's segment with Renton running away to that other couple with mechs (I can't remember names atm), it's extremely similar.

The Heart-Beam-on-the-Moon was incredibley cheesey.
    I hate the general comparisons of series like this, since to be honest MSG and EVA cannot be compared. The only thing they have in common is Mechs, and fall into the "Giant Robot Anime" category.

As for Eureka 7, It seems to me that the series pays homage to series of the past in it's story. Whether or not I would compare this series to the series it pays homage to however, are two different things. Eureka 7 borrows a measure of the "horror" and "mindtrip" elements from EVA, but their concepts and delivering don't bring forth the type of drama that EVA envoked, and EVA might as well be in the animation stone age by comparison.

When it boils down to It people should leave things as they are:

Neon Genesis Evangelion Is a cult classic.

Mobile Suit Gundam Is a cult classic that spawned a less than stellar franchise.

Eureka 7 is a generally memorable anime, but nothing really innovated or revolutionary. -- it's a Giant Mech anime.

xoxoxoxo,
    Blasphemy

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2