Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)

View Poll Results: favorite plot twist

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • Robin stowaway

4 6.06%
  • Robin betrayal reasons

3 4.55%
  • Kokoro dugong

5 7.58%
  • Brook and Laboon

12 18.18%
  • Luffy genealogic tree

19 28.79%
  • Ace genealogic tree

17 25.76%
  • Others (please specify with your reason in the thread)

6 9.09%
New Reply
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: The most surprising moments in One Piece

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member haruka9's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

The most surprising moments in One Piece

One Piece has a series of unexpected moments that leave us flabbergasted. From its beginning to its current chapter/episode, we find ourselves cursing within ourselves or jaw-dropped whenever something happens to the beloved One Piece characters.

What is/are the moment/s in One Piece that leave you quite astounded?

As for me, here are the things that make me quite surprised:

1. The revelation of identities of CP9 - no one expected that the "heroes" of Water Seven are actually members of a secret organization named CP9. Though I suspected that Califa might be one of them (since she's gone missing during the attack of the masked CP9 in Galley-la Building), I never thought that the speechless Lucci and the mature-speaking Kaku would be one of them? And I didn't even think that the bar tender Blueno would also play an important role in this arc.

2. Laboon as Brooke's nakama - Geez, this really blew me away. During the Laboon arc, I have to admit that I considered that Laboon's nakama is already dead (as assumed by the funny Crocus). But after many chaoters, we get to find out that of them survived and is in fact, Luffy's prospect for his next crew member - Brooke.

What are yours?

Intl Translator 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member gao_dargon's Avatar
    Puerto Vallarta,a soon to be pirate port (if everything goes as planed)
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: the most surprising moments in One Piece

The Laboon thing was a shoker for everyone i guess (and poor 4kids that took that away,now they look more bad to OP followers)

other thing that i did not expect was the way they got a new ship (that including the dead of Merry)

and,(this one is kinda old) that Luffy have a brother, and top that he is one of the stronges in WB crew
    cuz if he thinks that i know that he is thinking what i think he is thinking then he thinks i know he thiks that, but he dont know that i know that he knows...savy

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impel Down's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Let's see...
    Now, in no real order
    1. CP9, of course, being revealed.
    2. Luffy's grandpa
    3. Luffy's pa
    4. Brook, in general
    5. BB's DF
    6. Oz

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impel Down's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Ace isn't dead yet! There was just an explosion and he dropped his hat! He could still be alive! For all we know, he killed BB!

Intl Translator 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member gao_dargon's Avatar
    Puerto Vallarta,a soon to be pirate port (if everything goes as planed)
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

hahah you beat me to it ImpelDown, i think ace is alive as well, also another thing that was shoking (not much of a surprice but it made me gasp) was the HUGE ball of fire ace did,that was som humongous ball of fire
    cuz if he thinks that i know that he is thinking what i think he is thinking then he thinks i know he thiks that, but he dont know that i know that he knows...savy

Artists of MH 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Mugiwara_no_Jack's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

a great shock was for me when it was revealed that the pirate-hating Nami is a commander of the merman's pirate crew ... though she had her reasons ...

after about 8 volumes you've seen her laughing, fighting and havin fun and then you see she's a commander of the most dangerous pirate of East Blue: Arlong.

that really shocked me ... but it turned out good ^^

another thing what totally surprised me is the fact that items can "eat" devil fruits ^^

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member neild's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

nothing topped the relevation of luffy's dad...crazy..and robin's joining.from enemy to friends
    our dreams....
    luffy: ...to become the king of pirates!!
    zoro: ...to become the world's greatest swordsman!!
    nami: ...to draw the map of the world!!
    ussop: ...to be a brave warrior of the sea!!
    sanji: ...to find all blue!!
    chopper: ...to become the best doctor in the world!!
    robin: ...to find the true history!
    franky: ...to become world's greatest shipwright!!
    going merry: ..to Sail together with the strawhats Forever!
    neilson (myself):....to watch houston rockets' game live and see yao ming in person...

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Luckas's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Moderator message by: Luckas
    This is a very interesting thread, but you guys should try to motivate your choices, as it has been done in the first post, instead of only listing your preferences.

Unconsciousness is my destiny, my joy but also my desperation.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity The Boff's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

the most surprising moments in OP...

1. Merry saves the Mugiwaras at enies lobby.

all i can say is, OMFG!!!! no way in hell was that predictable. i mean she died almost 100 chapters before that. atleast thats what we thought. and i remember myself sitting there in between the chapters when they were on enies lobby and the buster call was going on philosofizing on how the hell they were gonna get aff that island. my guess was that Iceburg would come there in an army of Battle Frankys... but nope, a dead ship sailed on itself. brilliant!!

2. Monkey D. Dragon turns out to be Luffys father....
    OMFG!! who the hell could see that coming? i mean that really came out of nowhere.
    we all knew that there were something special with him since he had only been in the manga twice but both of the times made a huge impact and he was mysterious and stuff.. but luffys dad? wow!

3. The Gears
    this manga is sooooooooo great at everything but one of the greatest things with it is the absence the DB-syndrome. 300 chapters in and the first MAJOR powerup on the main character arrives... friggin awesome!

and there are more things of course but those are my top 3.
    and i know that they are all in the most recent chapters but, they were still the most surprising to me

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I would have to say that aside from the already obvious one like CP9 that were listed. I think that when Mihawk showed up during the Sanji arc and just cut Kreigs Galleon to hell was damn suprising since no one ever saw that coming. That and him damn near cutting Zoro in half.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member bebekhappy's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

I was shocked to death when oda reveal Dragon as Luffy's father, I had to take a look at the volume to recall their first meeting at Logue Town, same thing happen when i read the Brooke's connectionwith Laboon.

But I thinkthe most unpredictable event for me is when Robin said she wanna join the crew

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Paz42's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

so many momments where i just wasnt expecting them to come such as

1. Merry comming to rescue her nakama that was amazing just how turned up and every one was saved it was just so touching and unexpected

2. Cp9 obvioulsy this was a huge shock to every one come on who would have thought that thoose guys where the bad guys that had tried to kill iceburg

3. Brooke as laboons nakama this never saw it comming i always thought that laboon would just make another appearance towards the very end of the manga but no oda just comes up with this awesome

ooo and i must say the most shocking thing in the storie was discovering the true identity of sogeking ! lol

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity weixiaobao's Avatar
    i am reside within a creature that is bias
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

-well vivi turn out to be a princess was kinda unexpected.. i thought she was going to be a minor character.. consider she so weak and all
    -shank as an emperor.. was like wow i didn't even comprehend that..
    -luffy had a brother, father, grandpa,... my first impression he was some kind of an orphan..
    -the whole idea of an island floating on the sky was also unexpected...

combine with what everybody had already said...

interesting fact
    *luffy didn't know who his father was???*

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Azurel's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

when dragon stopped smoker in loguetown, I thought that this guy would probably play an important role in the later part but man, I never expected him to be luffy's father?!! the mystery abt luffy's family is partially solved and wad a shocker that was. I wonder if they are going to shock us even more abt luffy's mother.

and the merry saving them. definitely! the whale that they first encountered after crossing the reverse mountain was wad came to my mind when I thought of a nakama from the sea.
    when the ropes were thrown down for sanji to climb up. I just find that awfully freaky. Sure, merry can talk and everything as a ship but.. well there's a limit to it

the fact that luffy turn into a chibi after using his 3rd gear is damn hilarious!!

Scanlator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity yoniekai's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

azurel is right, chibi luffy surprised me actually i was surprised too that cipher pol 9 is the galley la members

also that blackbeard was the one who injured shanks, didnt expect that... yassop growing buff, brooke is the nakama of laboon, edward teach and his crew are the blackbeard pirates, there's so many, i cant remember them all...
    `(•.°)~

New Reply
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast