Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 761 by cnet128 , Bleach 597 (2)

View Poll Results:

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0 0%
Thread Closed
Page 85 of 135 FirstFirst ... 35 75 83 84 85 86 87 95 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 2024

Thread: Naruto's Lover: Who should it be and why?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Black/Light's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who Deserves Naruto's Love and Why?

Quote Originally Posted by EDarkness View Post
    This is my point. There were people watching that fight. Anyone watching could see that Naruto was pinned down and in trouble. Why wouldn't someone go help a friend who was in trouble? Whether he said don't get involved or not, there's a danger to letting him get caught. Someone needed to do something as soon as he went down. Hinata could have (and should have, honestly) told someone, but that's really moot when there were other people watching the fight as well.

So while I think Hinata was a little silly for going in alone, at least she did something instead of sitting around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddy01741 View Post
    Yeah, but her action was pretty stupid, she should have rounded up a group to at least distract pain for more than 1 second instead of charging in alone to be almost ignored and dispatched immediately.

Good intentions, god awful execution.
    I think the flaw here was that there really wasn't any time for any gathering of characters.
    http://read.mangashare.com/Naruto/ch...7/page007.html Pain was about to shoot out of there with Naruto, Hinata taking the action she did pretty much reasulted in Naruto braking free before it was too late.

Seems like no one was willing to help Naruto even if they knew he was in deep sh- so IDK what Hinata could have done to gather a team in the given amount of time before Pain shoot both himself and Naruto into the air.
    YES WE CAN!!
    (>^_^)> <(^_^<) <3

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Jetsu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Okay, Jetsu, the way you put it, EVERYTHING that Sakura does for Naruto should not be considered serious and should be considered out of pity or as a joke, right? That's all you seem to say.

Therefore, by that same property, all those MANY MANY (sarcasm) hints that Naruto has dropped for Hinata should also not be taken seriously and be considered out of pity.

Even using your property of disbelieving any hints for either cause (narusaku or naruhina), at least having hints for pity and as a joke is better than having nothing (which in your terms, is the narusaku situation of pitied and joking love, vs. naruhina's situation which means no interaction other than staring and one word convos).
    Nice job taking my quote out of context. I'm saying that she was in love with Sasuke in part one. Naruto was just a friend. Part two, NaruSaku fans used their emagination to make up a love story between Naruto and Sakura.
    Part2
    She wanted to help Naruto, that was her job on the team, but she felt helpless. Read the pages leading up to Naruto going 4 tail, not just one page. It will help to put things in context.

The restorant was a pity date. Can anyone say that Sakura would have gon out with Naruto even if he did not go 4tail?
    Did she ever go out with him again? Would Naruto have wanted to go out with her again?

Notice all the only quote that is used to back up the theory that Sakura love Naruto comes from other characters, and not from Sakura.

Reposting my post.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetsu View Post
    Lets not conveniently forget this.
    http://read.mangashare.com/Naruto/ch...1/page015.html
    http://read.mangashare.com/Naruto/ch...1/page016.html

Quoting anything that happen before that to show that Sakura loves Naruto is not relevant.

After this there are two other famous quot. One is taken out of context and the other was a date out of pity.

Hinata almost took out Pain. Pain had to run, she made a good move.
    http://read.mangashare.com/Naruto/ch...7/page008.html

I found something interesting, but the NaruSaku fans would not like it.
    Sakura in her own words, her dislike.
    http://read.mangashare.com/Naruto/ch...4/page008.html
    Last edited by Jetsu; March 22, 2009 at 08:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    WARNING! For mature ordiance only
    Spoiler show

There is no progress without sacrifice! =

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Askia32's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Black/Light View Post
    That was pretty much my point. A loner is a loner, I don't think either of them wanted to be alone but they both had their own reasons for being alone.
    Naruto was forced to be alone... Hinata was alone because she was insecure. She could of easily made friends but she didn't.

I really don't get this angle . . . lil 8-to-13 year old girl doesn't come rushing out to save lil boy she has a crush on from a life of lonelyness because of her own crippleing problems.
    It's more about simply being a friend. Saying hi, starting a conversation. This is what 8 to 13year olds excel in.

My point was that Sak knew that Naruto acted out because he had no parents. She was just some loud lil kid back than and it seems like that was a commonly known fact that Naruto had no parents which is why he acted that way. No one ever stepped in to reach out to him back than till Irk saved him so I don't get the point behind saying Hinata knew about his problems or w/e and didn't help when they were lil kids.
    It's basically saying Hinata is not better than everyone else becuase her actions were the same as the rest of the village, even though her motives were different. Like most Sakura fans will admit to Sakura's short-comings and what not. But most Hinata fans put Hinata on a pedestal like she has done nothing wrong and is the perfect character.

. . . What?
    1. http://read.mangashare.com/Naruto/ch...7/page003.html How sure are we that theres any one around Hinata who could help?

2. Naruto already told everyone not to get involed. So I take it that they wouldn't just rush in because Hinata seems worried. She would probly have to explain the reason he needs help once she fond someone who could actually walk. And even then I would think they would trust the slug to spread that info over Hinata.

3. By yall logic the slug is actually to blame. She was the one who told everyone to back off and she could have very well spread the word that Naruto needed help. And like I already pointed out, Sak was getting the play-by-play so either that Hyuuga didn't inform her about the rods or they didn't get involed because Naruto said not to.

I really can't see how Hinata is the one to blame for no one helping Naruto. Theres tons of Hyuuga and slugs there and its not like there weren't other people looking at the fight.
    1. I'm not saying she was, but yelling for back-up at the very least is something she could of done. Really, I'm glad she at least got to share how she really felt with Naruto. But how it happened, she's probably gonna die.

2. When did Naruto tell the whole village not to interrupt?

3. Yes, the slug is at blame too, unless she knew that Naruto would probably be able to escape since she is still with him.

@Edarkness

With all the dust and such, the only people who could watch the fight were one's with the Byakugan.

Nice job taking my quote out of context. I'm saying that she was in love with Sasuke in part one. Naruto was just a friend. Part two, NaruSaku fans used their emagination to make up a love story between Naruto and Sakura.
    Part2
    She wanted to help Naruto, that was her job on the team, but she felt helpless. Read the pages leading up to Naruto going 4 tail, not just one page. It will help to put things in context.

The restorant was a pity date. Can anyone say that Sakura would have gon out with Naruto even if he did not go 4tail?
    Did she ever go out with him again? Would Naruto have wanted to go out with her again?

Notice all the only quote that is used to back up the theory that Sakura love Naruto comes from other characters, and not from Sakura.
    Not really... Here, this post has everything about Naruto and Sakura's growing relationship since part 1. Read if you want. If not, don't try to generalize with such a weak argument...

http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showp...&postcount=467

http://read.mangashare.com/Naruto/ch...7/page008.html
    Yep, perfect example of putting Hinata on a pedestal...Thank you very much
    I found something interesting, but the NaruSaku fans would not like it.
    Sakura in her own words, her dislike.
    http://read.mangashare.com/Naruto/ch...4/page008.html
    Nice, taken from chapter 4, who cares?
    Last edited by Askia32; March 22, 2009 at 09:16 PM. Reason: chillin
    2010 World Series Champs SF GIANTS!!!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Askia32 View Post
    But most Hinata fans put Hinata on a pedestal like she has done nothing wrong and is the perfect character.
    I'm happy to hear that commin from you.
    Last edited by Jetsu; March 22, 2009 at 09:53 PM.
    Spoiler show

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, Askia vouched for my argument. And wait, I sense, a HUGE F*CKING PRESENCE OF HINATA FANBOYISM:

Quote Quote:
    Let's analyze this.

Hinata jumped in from surprise, and used her hyuuga lion jutsu (whatever it was), did NO DAMAGE TO PAIN, pain uses his gravity-like jutsu once, leaves her in a BLOODY WRECK, and she has distracted pain for no more than 5 seconds TOPS.

Quote Quote:
    Pain had to run, she made a good move.
    Time to analyze the second statement:

Pain had to run, really? REALLY? Do you see Pain doing much anything other than turning his head,

Look there!
    Hinata jumps up from behind pain, pain turns his head as seen in the bottom panel.

Now look there! Such heroic results from Hinata so far (sarcasm), pain has now turned his entire body to face him as seen from the mid-right panel.

Now here's the kicker we see now, Hinata runs at pain with her hyuuga lion jutsu, does NO DAMAGE, doesn't even TOUCH PAIN with her jutsu, gets blown away to bits by shinra tensei as shown by the bottom right panel which shows her all bloodied and on the ground.

So, please, explain to me, where did PAIN RUN?

EDIT: Shit, not sure if the pics are working, since right now, the location where I'm at (friends house) has keyword "naruto" blocked, so eh, if it doesn't work, links to the pics I was referring to:
    http://onemanga.com/Naruto/437/08/
    http://onemanga.com/Naruto/437/09/
    http://onemanga.com/Naruto/437/13/
    Last edited by Eddy01741; March 22, 2009 at 10:00 PM.

6. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The answer to all your questions about Hinata.
    http://read.mangashare.com/Naruto/ch...7/page010.html

"I'd always cry and give up right away...
    Until you, Naruto Kun... Showed me the right path to follow.
    I chased you forever......Always wishing that some day I would catch up.
    Always Dreaming that we would walk side by side.
    Always trying to make it to where you were.
    You changed me!
    Your smile saved me from who I was?
    I'm not afraid to protect you, even if I die doing so!
    Because.... I love you, Naruto Kun..."

This is epic, NaruSaku fans can't touch this.
    Last edited by Jetsu; March 22, 2009 at 10:34 PM.
    Spoiler show

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Awesome, get beat in all your arguments, pull a monologue showing Hinata's love for Naruto, not the other way around, call it epic, and then just put down all sakura fans.

Once again, not a huge narusaku fan, just a naruhina disliker.

9. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, Askia vouched for my argument. And wait, I sense, a HUGE F*CKING PRESENCE OF HINATA FANBOYISM:

Let's analyze this.

Hinata jumped in from surprise, and used her hyuuga lion jutsu (whatever it was), did NO DAMAGE TO PAIN, pain uses his gravity-like jutsu once, leaves her in a BLOODY WRECK, and she has distracted pain for no more than 5 seconds TOPS.

Time to analyze the second statement:

Pain had to run, really? REALLY? Do you see Pain doing much anything other than turning his head,

Look there!
    Hinata jumps up from behind pain, pain turns his head as seen in the bottom panel.

Now look there! Such heroic results from Hinata so far (sarcasm), pain has now turned his entire body to face him as seen from the mid-right panel.

Now here's the kicker we see now, Hinata runs at pain with her hyuuga lion jutsu, does NO DAMAGE, doesn't even TOUCH PAIN with her jutsu, gets blown away to bits by shinra tensei as shown by the bottom right panel which shows her all bloodied and on the ground.

So, please, explain to me, where did PAIN RUN?

EDIT: Shit, not sure if the pics are working, since right now, the location where I'm at (friends house) has keyword "naruto" blocked, so eh, if it doesn't work, links to the pics I was referring to:
    http://onemanga.com/Naruto/437/08/
    http://onemanga.com/Naruto/437/09/
    http://onemanga.com/Naruto/437/13/
    Was Pain in two places at one time? Hinata attacked him, but all of a sudden he is standing far way from her. How did that happen if Pain did not move? Pain was standing next to Naruto, but after the attack he was standing far from Naruto and Hinata was next to Naruto. How do you explain this?

Awesome, get beat in all your arguments, pull a monologue showing Hinata's love for Naruto, not the other way around, call it epic, and then just put down all sakura fans.

Once again, not a huge narusaku fan, just a naruhina disliker.
    This was relevant because many people said that Hinata should have spoken to Naruto when he was alone. She explained everything herself.

I was just quoting the manga, I did not make anything up. Some time the truth is painful.

Edit:
    I did was not trying to put down the Sakura fan, should have typed NaruSaku, am going to edit it.
    Last edited by Jetsu; March 22, 2009 at 10:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Spoiler show

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm, I wonder, basic combat skills? When somebody comes up from behind, surprises you, but fails to actually attack you (hinata should have just tried a backstabbing attack on pain, retains element of surprise, much more effective), what do you do, stay at arms length away where they might be able to hit you with a quick attack/jutsu? Or take maybe a couple steps back, so you can react, I wonder what a smart person would do....

I don't consider that remotely close to running. Running would mean that Pain would scoot his ass out of Konoha and leave Naruto's body there. Instead, Pain takes a couple steps back, why? He's close enough to intercept Hinata in case she tries to escape with naruto in her arms, but far away to react to any attacks and deal with them.

Once again, good intentions, god awful execution.

Part Two:

Yes, you quoted the manga, yes, you quoted what HINATA says, when Naruto says something of that caliber to Hinata (or does so like HInata does in a thought box, which we have seen so damn much), then I will spit at Kishi's image in disgust and turn away. This is the truth? yeah, for hinata, but is it for Naruto? No, he thinks of her as a quiet acquaintance, she doesn't talk to him, so he doesn't know her on a personal level, much less be anywhere close to actual friends.

In your case, the lack of proof for the naruto loving hinata direction must be painful.

Let me lay it out for you:

Naruto's feelings toward sakura: Friendship and crush
    Naruto's feelings toward Hinata: Acquaintance
    Hinata's feelings toward Naruto: Crush
    Sakura's feelings toward Naruto: Friendship

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Heh, this thread is all over the place.

I understand both sides of the argument. I've been relatively neutral about it all since we don't really know Naruto's feelings about romantic things. He doesn't really get into that, and based on the women he interacts with doesn't seem like they dig him in that way, either. The only one we know for sure is Hinata. Sakura could be a friend, but she hasn't really said anything about it. Naruto is too focused on the mission (saving Sasuke) but I have a feeling we're about to delve into his feelings about things on a more romantic level. We also know how Sakura feels about Sasuke.

If we took things at face value, then it stands to reason that Sakura would hook up with Sasuke and Hinata would end up with Naruto. However, lines are blurred all over the place where it concerns Naruto and Sakura. We can still pretty much assume where Hinata stands especially since she recently confessed her feelings. If she dies, however, then the odds of Naruto either being alone, or with Sakura go up. We don't know how Naruto really feels about her, since there hasn't been much focus on that relationship since the beginning of the manga. It's funny how unsure we are on this front after all this time.

As for Hinata jumping into the fight, I think she got screwed by plot and the fact this is a manga. In a normal situation, I think she would have been much smarter about the whole thing. Since this is a manga, they always have to jump in and give some sort of monologue. One has to wonder why Pain was just standing there while she was talking to Naruto. Any real villain would have just attacked as soon as she showed up. Same with her not trying to get some backup or jumping him from behind. If it were me, I'd try to get the advantage. Since this is a story, then plot takes precedence and so she has to go down so that Naruto can change into the Fox. The fact that she didn't even get a hit in, or make Pain flinch, just drives this point home. Bad writing in my opinion. I'm not gonna dwell on it that much anymore since we're not the one writing the story to begin with. From a plot point of view, what she did was heroic and sloppy or not ended up saving Naruto's life. Score one for Hinata. Heh, heh.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

This entire discussion over who "Deserves" Naruto's love is obvious and that is Hinata. Her stupidity in trying to save him gives her browny points up the ass, and she has actually said she loves him. That however means nothing to the fact that she will actually end up with him.

Sakura ending up with Sasuke makes no sense what so ever seeing as how Sasuke has no interest, and never had any interest in Sakura, and also Sakura hasn't shown any love like feeling for Sasuke since he left her on a bench in part 1.

Same could be said about Naruto and Hinata, Naruto has never shown any love for Hinata, and just because she says she loves him, does not mean he loves her, mostly because he knows next to nothing about the girl.

Now Naruto has always loved Sakura. As it has been hinted at, Sakura has feelings for Naruto. We also know they are extremely close.

Naruto will do anything for Sakura, and Sakura is now wanting to be more than she is for Naruto, but as Yamato said, its not what she does for him, but how she feels for him. If anyone here thinks that Yamato wasn't talking about her loving him, you are naive and stupid.

In any event, having Hinata die, and lets face it people, having her live now makes no sense, but having her die, the way she probably did, was very stupid but as others have said, it serves the plot. Saying that, it serves the plot in one great fashion, it opens Naruto's eyes that peopel do love him, and if Sakura says she loves him, don't you think he'd make some kind of promise like he always does that he won't let her die like Hinata did?
    Last edited by Delbi; March 23, 2009 at 12:07 AM.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

15. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Askia32's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm happy to hear that commin from you.
    Nice...now I know not to waste my time responding to your posts.
    Last edited by Askia32; March 23, 2009 at 02:39 AM.
    2010 World Series Champs SF GIANTS!!!

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Delbi45 View Post
    In any event, having Hinata die, and lets face it people, having her live now makes no sense, but having her die, the way she probably did, was very stupid but as others have said, it serves the plot. Saying that, it serves the plot in one great fashion, it opens Naruto's eyes that peopel do love him, and if Sakura says she loves him, don't you think he'd make some kind of promise like he always does that he won't let her die like Hinata did?
    I'm curious why having Hinata die doesn't make any sense? If Kishi was trying to kill two birds with one stone (i.e. getting Naruto a girlfriend/wife, and having him go into Fox mode), then it was the best way to go. We don't know what his ultimate goal was since he could have easily used someone else. Then he had her say something which lets us know she's still alive. If the goal was to outright kill her, then we would have gotten a direct showing of her dying and I believe she would have gotten more screen time before she died.

At any case, what happens if she lives...in your opinion?

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Shaunlim's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

http://read.mangashare.com/Naruto/ch...8/page001.html
    There you go. Hyuuga giving Sak and the 5th (if shes awake) the play-by-play. Either he said nothing about Pain's check mate move or he did and they did nothing.

Hell, Im pretty sure ever Hyuuga there was peeping the show.

And if you haven't noticed Hianta got there just in time to stop Pain from leaving. I don't think there was time to spair trying to gather up Ninja who could still MOVE to go get Naruto with her.
    I think that was Hinata's assistant since both of them looked so alike. And even if they weren't the same person, then it would be safe to assume that that Hyuuga was busy caring for Tsunade. It's not like everyone was watching that battle like Hinata.

In fact, no one besides Hinata and her assistant actually watched the entire fight as far as we are shown.

As for getting in time, she could have used Katsuya to help spread the news or simply just shout out loud. The mini Katsuya in Naruto's pocket probably doesn't know what was really going on outside since she was hiding in the pocket.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Alterno's Avatar
    Country
    Dominican Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

1. Well first at all the there's not such thing as spin off manga about Hinata and Naruto only, but neither there's a spin off manga where Sakura treats him well since the begining. When I read about Sakura.
    2. As for Sakura helping naruto before Hinata, err you guys should really read the manga again, there are like 33 chpaters of difference between Hinata's introduction and 20 more till she appears again, have a nice day finding one.
    3. Also for people who are using the first image as a way to show that Hinata wasn't there when he was rejected at the academy, neither was Sakura, so that's really an argument to crush it.
    4. You can't assume people positions about how someone feels, you need to see that person saying it and so far Sakura have never said " I love you to Naruto" as she did with Sasuke.
    5. At this point using the argument of Hinata having a crush for Naruto is pretty weak.
    6. Do we really know how Naruto feels about Hinata and/or Sakura?, So far we have heard the words "I like" for both obiously in different scenario, but I can't remember a single situation where Naruto says I love Sakura o I love Hinata. We'll have to see the following chapters. I can't say that Naruto loves Hinata, but I can't neither say he loves Sakura, can just say that he liked Sakura. Using past tense because there was an acceptance of Sakura's feeling towards Sakura by Naruto.

Thread Closed
Page 85 of 135 FirstFirst ... 35 75 83 84 85 86 87 95 ... LastLast