Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)

View Poll Results:

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0 0%
Thread Closed
Page 135 of 135 FirstFirst ... 35 85 125 133 134 135
Results 2,011 to 2,024 of 2024

Thread: Naruto's Lover: Who should it be and why?

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Roflkopt3r's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Naruto's Lover: Who should it be and why?

Karui, haha that's cool. Even had to search for her name to get it. Yet I think she looks too "adult" for Naruto, who remained too much of a child to fit well to her
    At least she looks good.

Yet, what the hell, she's only 16?

About the name: It means vivid or light (the kind of light that suits to vivid Gosh, english language can make things complicated when looking for synonyms)
    It's thought as a counterpart to her teammate Omoi (the one with the lollipop), since his name means serious/depressed/heavy (can also mean thought, will, yearning, experience if it's written in a different way, but the first variant just makes more sense for the opposition of those two names)

Source: Not me but http://de.narutopedia.eu/wiki/

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Alterno's Avatar
    Country
    Dominican Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Xsoteria View Post
    I dislike Karui. Mostly because she reminds me of Karue the duck from One Piece.

What's this about Kishi wondering why Hinata got so many votes in a pop poll? Any link to confirm that? I'd say that's a pretty important clue for this discussion?

Amazed that is not posted @ MH already... http://forums.narutofan.com/showthread.php?t=576454 . I don't especifically talks about polls, but there are comments from the interview asking if the fans shouting Hinata Hinata too loud is reaching Kishimoto's ears, in this one:

みんなヒナタヒナタ言うけど・・・」
    "Though everyone says Hinata-Hinata all the time..."
    ↑これはヒナタを応援する声が大きいってニュアンスじゃないかな(個人的な印象ね)
    ↑I wonder if it's that their voices supporting Hinata are so loud (my personal impression)

Hinata is quite popular you got to Japanese search engines and above famous people with the same name.
    Last edited by Alterno; August 22, 2010 at 06:36 PM.

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jessie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Kishi always seems surprised when fans like his female characters. I remember when he said he was shocked people found Sakura cute. He didn't draw her to be.

Anyway I think Kishi was talking about how fans responded to Hinata acting like a heroine by giving her life for Naruto against Pain. In comparison to how Sakura acted later with Naruto. Kishi was saying how many fans were seeing Hinata as the true main female of Naruto and not Sakura. So he said he would make Sakura act more like a heroine. You would think he would just listen to those fans and give us more Hinata, but nope.

As for Karui. Kishi isn't very unpredictable when it comes to romance. Probably because he doesn't care much for it. I doubt this late in the manga there will be anything that changes his few pairings that will likely be resolved in an epilogue. He might introduce a new character to be a third wheel like he did with Karin and Shiho the code girl, but they ultimately are distractions.

We know Karui has to like Naruto. You don't beat up the main character and get away without changing your opinion of him. She already showed some concern over hitting him. But she can be a Naruto fan without falling in love with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Sollum View Post
    But id say go for Kurenai! She's hot, lonely mom, she has a baby, so its highly doubtful she will need a husband, and she is a young woman and she knows how to cook! Who needs young chicks when you can get a proper woman and live without any obligations!
    I am almost getting vibes that Shikamaru is her new man.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually, this is so funny, poor unpopular lonely Naruto has up to four women who are going to stalk him and want to become his wife :P
    And super popular Sasuke only has Madara and Kabuto in that regards... creepy!

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Karui? LOL Gimme a brake (to stop my car! ). It's definitely will be Sakura, because his mother, Kushina, is also has red hair, and not to mention, they have similar characteristics, and Kushina also have said to Naruto, "find a woman like your mom" (here). Also, Naruto has loved Sakura since the beginning, so it's only logical for Naruto to be with Sakura. And you can't love someone because you want to help them, love can't be forced.

And in my view, Hinata doesn't really love Naruto, she only admires him, even if that seems too extreme. Just like Hinamori who admired Aizen to the extreme.

Country
    Dominican Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chocobollz View Post
    Karui? LOL Gimme a brake (to stop my car! ). It's definitely will be Sakura, because his mother, Kushina, is also has red hair, and not to mention, they have similar characteristics, and Kushina also have said to Naruto, "find a woman like your mom"
    Sadly neither Sakura or Hinata are like his mother, if you have read the manga from the very first chapter, then you should know how Sakura was as a child (flashback sakura vs ino), as teenager (part 1) and as teenager (part 2), although they both have similar facial expresion when getting angry, but also does motoi, lol.

And you can't love someone because you want to help them, love can't be forced.
    But you want Sakura to love Naruto, when loves Sakura as said by the author and confirmed by the manga, you are in the same boat of those who wants Naruto to fall for Hinata.

And in my view, Hinata doesn't really love Naruto, she only admires him, even if that seems too extreme. Just like Hinamori who admired Aizen to the extreme.
    Hinata loves Naruto, that's out of context... she also admires him. I admire my girlfriend and I do love her, so I don't see why both concept can't co-exist, either way the manga has confirmed that Hinata loves Naruto and her confession was indeed truth, while the same manga we are reading confirmed as fake.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessie View Post
    Kishi always seems surprised when fans like his female characters. I remember when he said he was shocked people found Sakura cute. He didn't draw her to be.
    He has never said that, at least as far I've read his interviews available from part 1 and part 2.

Anyway I think Kishi was talking about how fans responded to Hinata acting like a heroine by giving her life for Naruto against Pain. In comparison to how Sakura acted later with Naruto. Kishi was saying how many fans were seeing Hinata as the true main female of Naruto and not Sakura. So he said he would make Sakura act more like a heroine. You would think he would just listen to those fans and give us more Hinata, but nope.
    To be honest the context is explained in the interview, is very simple... Chie Nakamura asked him what would happen with Sakura next... Chie Nakamura is the Seiyu (voice actress) of Haruno Sakura:

-
    各声優さんから岸本先生に質問
    Each voice actor asked questions to Kishimoto-sensei
    中村はやはりサクラの今後について、岸本「正直女らしい意地もみせる
    As one might expect, Nakamura asked about what was upcoming with Sakura
    周りからヒロインらしくないとかヒナタのほうがヒロインだとか言われている
    がやはりサクラは自分の中でヒロインなんで、これからヒロインっぽい所見せる」
    Kishimoto: "Honestly, from the standpoint of showing a female-like disposition, she hasn't been much of a heroine. You could even say that Hinata's more of a heroine than her. But since, as we know, Sakura is a heroine deep inside, she'll show that side of hers from now on."
    ナルトは近いが、サクラやはりサスケが好き的な発言。後あんまりナルト対していい
    言葉は使わなかったような驕っている…だっけ思い出せない。
    Naruto's close, but Sakura loves Sasuke as we should expect from that speech. She's being haughty with her using not so kind words against Naruto right afterwards...didn't she? I can't recall.
    -

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Alterno View Post
    Hinata loves Naruto, that's out of context... she also admires him. I admire my girlfriend and I do love her, so I don't see why both concept can't co-exist, either way the manga has confirmed that Hinata loves Naruto and her confession was indeed truth, while the same manga we are reading confirmed as fake.

-
    It's true that, in Hinata's case, it is much more than only admiration which increased into a mania.
    It's admiration, thankfullness and love, in this order I guess. She admires him for beeing totally different than her and doing everything straight away without ever going back on his word, is thankful that he cared for her and helped her changing (although he didn't really know that) and most likely developed love out of this, strong enough to face Pain without any chances of winning.

Naruto's love for Sakura on the other hand can't be too deeply related to her character I think, I just don't see why it should. Might be the kind of love he got too obsessed with and was originally only based on her appearance.
    Last edited by Roflkopt3r; August 23, 2010 at 11:07 AM.

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

He has never said that, at least as far I've read his interviews available from part 1 and part 2.
    Spoiler: Early Sakura show

Early Sakura was not meant to be cute. Kishi obviously improved on her as the series progressed. I believe in an early U.S. shonen jump interview is where he was surprised people liked Sakura and found her cute. Since that wasn't his intention.

To be honest the context is explained in the interview, is very simple...
    You seem to have a better translation. I was going from this one.

-
    Nakamura-san started off with something like, "With the latest developments, Sakura has..."
    あいつ(竹内さんが「あいつ?w」って反応)はナルトの好意を利用したりイヤなヤツだけど、
    He said something like, that chick* (Takeuchi reacted to that "That chick" lol) is detestable for using Naruto's good will,
    まあそういうリアルな女の子っぽく描こうと思って、といったかんじ
    but, well that's just how I'd think to write a realistic girl.
    サクラがイヤなヤツだとはよく言われるけど故意でそうしてるらしい
    You hear all the time that Sakura is a detestable person, but that's what seems to be the intention
    「ヒロインはサクラなので」「これから意地を見せるところを描く」
    "Since Sakura is the heroine", "I'll be writing from now on to show her with that disposition"
    「みんなヒナタヒナタ言うけど・・・」
    "Though everyone says Hinata-Hinata all the time..."
    これはヒナタを応援する声が大きいってニュアンスじゃないかな(個人的な印象ね)
    I wonder if it's that their voices supporting Hinata are so loud (my personal impression)
    -

And from that I tried to understand what Kishi was saying.

Country
    Dominican Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

[SPOILER=Early Sakura]
    Early Sakura was not meant to be cute. Kishi obviously improved on her as the series progressed. I believe in an early U.S. shonen jump interview is where he was surprised people liked Sakura and found her cute. Since that wasn't his intention.
    We know that Jessie, but he has never said that he was surprised to find out that fans in the u.s thought that she was cute. To be honest the only time he used the "term" surprise in any tense, was when he found out that Naruto had a huge succeed in the Americas (including U.S), he thought at that time that it was due his appearance blonde and blue eyes.. :P

Still I'm surprised that Kishimoto thinks that Hinata as a heroine and even do parallels with Sakura which is of the most recurrent supporting characters. Funny because before that one of the most recurrent arguments of the "extremist" Narusaku fans, was that Hinata wasn't a heroine.
    Last edited by Alterno; August 23, 2010 at 12:27 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

We know that Jessie, but he has never said that he was surprised to find out that fans in the u.s thought that she was cute. To be honest the only time he used the "term" surprise in any tense, was when he found out that Naruto had a huge succeed in the Americas (including U.S), he thought at that time that it was due his appearance blonde and blue eyes.. :P
    I might have misread something. The closest thing I found was this where he seem intrigued why Sakura would be popular in the U.S. I guess he assumed she wouldn't be.

SJ: Sakura and Rock Lee don’t appear to have any of the special powers that ninja like Naruto, Sasuke and Gaara have – do you think those two characters are popular because they provide a kind of reader’s-eye view of the story as it unfolds?

MK: Is Sakura popular in the U.S.? Well, Lee only has taijutsu. And as a girl, Sakura is [physically] weaker than the others. So I can see why it’s easy to empathize with them. They represent human weaknesses.

Still I'm surprised that Kishimoto thinks that Hinata as a heroine and even do parallels with Sakura which is of the most recurrent supporting characters.
    Well he sort of gave her a big heroine moment against Pain. She was definitely portrayed as heroic. So I can see why fans in Japan were calling her a better heroine than Sakura given the latters actions during the Kage Summit Arc.

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Probably Hinata, surely Kishimoto knows Hinata is more popular than Sakura when shipped with Naruto.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

The one that jumps to her death for him.. If Sakura somehow ends up with Naruto i am going to kill Kishi.

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member jdw's Avatar
    It is impossible to troll Yondaime. Get over it.
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

xXan: You won't have a chance unless you are standing next to him when the chapter comes out because I won't lose when it comes to killing Kishi if he puts Naruto with Sakura.

Naruto War Tracker: 2 days of combat, 63 chapters, 40,000 alliance soldiers lost (50%). Significant alliance characters lost: 0

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Now Sentient! 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member MangaHelpers's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

This thread is now closed it has a continuation thread Here

Thread Closed
Page 135 of 135 FirstFirst ... 35 85 125 133 134 135