Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Kenpachi: Possibly Stronger than Aizen and Yamamoto? Or just overrated?

Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Kenpachi: Possibly Stronger than Aizen and Yamamoto? Or just overrated?

Kenpachi has to be one of my favorite people because of both his stength and his nature. He also reminds me of Sagat from Street Fighter for obvious reasons. Anyway, the fact that he kinda acts more like the typical protagonist (or close to it) than the typical antagonist: He leaves his enemies alive and doesn't really have any intentions to be evil (he only fought Ichigo because Ichigo was strong and an intruder)

Anyway, the point of this post is that Kenpachi's monsterous strength in battle is able to make him above normal Captain level (just ask Tousen, Komamura, and Mayuri (got scared when Kenpachi grabbed his arm)). It surprised me at first that he reached this state with pure spiritual energy and with no help from his zanpakuto. Now, what if he is able to go all the way to Bankai and/or become a Vizard?...

...a) Do you think he would be able to easily defeat Aizen and Yamamoto if he reached Bankai and/or Vizard?
    ...b) Do you think Tite Kubo will ever have Kenpachi actually realize the name of his sword and reach Bankai or will he just let Kenpachi remain how he is?

This topic may have been discussed in the past (I'm not sure), but I haven't found it and I really want to discuss this.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kenpachi - Possibly Stronger than Aizen and Yamamoto?

I think Aizen and/or Yamamoto (if he is really the final bad boss) are reserved for Ichigo, the male lead of course. Kenpachi will have to fight someone else.

He needs to get out of his sole reliance on physical strength, and rely more on his zanpakuto in order to shika and bankai. He will definitely not able to become a vizard by his 'all out to win' fighting style, it will make him a hollow instead.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member taimoor2's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

I think he knows the name of his zanpaktou by now. Remember when ichigo defeated him he asked his sword his name. When the sword didn't replied he said in despair "I want to get stronger dammit"..I am pretty sure he i not the kind of person who will give up. Now he knows that he can get stronger by knowing his sword. He will definitely try and succeed. Even though he may not reach bankai, he will atleast be ableto reach shikai thats for sure.

I bet during the winter war we will see the skills of all shinigami captains upgraded. They all must be training pretty hard now a days.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member _ATMA's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

just a little side note isnt kenpachi's zanpaktou like ichigos and stuck in shika beacuse of their massive amount of stregnth.... so then ideally the next level for kenpachi would be to learn his zanpaktou's attack and how to use it to his advantage even getting that far would insanly increase ken's power >.>
    If Nissan Motorsports is NISMO, does that make Honda Motorsports HOMO?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Also, it's kinda annoying that people are saying Kenpachi would utterly lose to Espada because Ichigo beat him and the Espada are beating down on Ichigo. Err, didn't Kenpachi not be serious the whole match?

And in the end when they made their final blows (which Kenpachi didn't even bother to block), wasn't it Kenpachi who got up and walked away right after? I'm pretty sure Ichigo was dying and had to be saved by Yoruichi, while Kenpachi coughed, got up and moved on :P

I feel Kenpachi is around the level of the 8th and 13th captains (I feel he's above Byakuya). He shows 0 fear, 0 signs of feeling pain, which means he'll be 100% focused on killing in the whole fight (if he was interested in killing is enemy, that is).

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i tink kenpachi is strong buh i do not think dat he is stronger den yamamoto and i can't really comment on aizen....i tink aizen is a weak pusy tho

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner gunshot's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think its very possible that Kenpachi could be stronger or at least the same level as
    those 2. He really just has to learn his swords name. But he might never find it out tho.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member pongy's Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by b718 View Post
    i tink kenpachi is strong buh i do not think dat he is stronger den yamamoto and i can't really comment on aizen....i tink aizen is a weak pusy tho
    That 'weak pussy' you're talking about is the leader of all the almighty Espada, and the same guy who simply won over Hitsugaya in his Bankai form with a simple single slash.

Kanpachi will become stronger, but I don't think he's a match for Aizen.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner unluckyaaron's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PredatorNar View Post
    Also, it's kinda annoying that people are saying Kenpachi would utterly lose to Espada because Ichigo beat him and the Espada are beating down on Ichigo. Err, didn't Kenpachi not be serious the whole match?

And in the end when they made their final blows (which Kenpachi didn't even bother to block), wasn't it Kenpachi who got up and walked away right after? I'm pretty sure Ichigo was dying and had to be saved by Yoruichi, while Kenpachi coughed, got up and moved on :P
    Well firstly, each battle depends on their swords ability as well as their own knowledge of kidou and the such, but yes Kenpachi didn't go all out til he was 'pretty beat up' so our actual knowledge of his comparable strength with the Espada is pretty vague.

However, yo uare wrong Kenpachi was the last guy standign, but he says something on the lines of 'you didn't lose yo ufool' and then Yachiru picks him up and takes hiom away after talking to Ichigo as she wants them to fight again as Kenpachi had fun etc etc. so Kenpachi didnt get up and go, that was byukuya.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, actually I am kinda right. Yachiru did take him away, but what happened? He tried to talk to his sword, nothing happened, and Yachiru and Kenpachi just left. Then the next time you see Kenpachi, he's running around with Orihime and Yachiru on his back =|

This guy obviously wasn't wounded much from the fight. I think he just awarded the victory to Ichigo because he was surprised that Ichigo had the ability to actually landed a blow like that.

Ichigo was the one who needed Yoruichi to come and save him, otherwise Ichigo would be dead right now and Kenpachi would still be standing (Kenpachi did not faint or anything and he did not seem all that injured or rattled after the fight).

Now, I know Kenpachi said Ichigo won, but from what I see, Kenpachi clearly kicked Ichigo's ass.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Neuroff's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, actually I am kinda right. Yachiru did take him away, but what happened? He tried to talk to his sword, nothing happened, and Yachiru and Kenpachi just left. Then the next time you see Kenpachi, he's running around with Orihime and Yachiru on his back =|

This guy obviously wasn't wounded much from the fight. I think he just awarded the victory to Ichigo because he was surprised that Ichigo had the ability to actually landed a blow like that.

Ichigo was the one who needed Yoruichi to come and save him, otherwise Ichigo would be dead right now and Kenpachi would still be standing (Kenpachi did not faint or anything and he did not seem all that injured or rattled after the fight).

Now, I know Kenpachi said Ichigo won, but from what I see, Kenpachi clearly kicked Ichigo's ass.
    Kenpachi didn't faint? He wasn't wounded? He collapsed right after he said Ichigo won. His sword was broken in half. You conveniently ignore the fact that Kenpachi's sword broke and he even fainted twice. The only reason he could run around later was that he got healed by Unohana. That is no different than Ichigo getting healed by Yoruichi.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Neuroff View Post
    Kenpachi didn't faint? He wasn't wounded? He collapsed right after he said Ichigo won. His sword was broken in half. You conveniently ignore the fact that Kenpachi's sword broke and he even fainted twice. The only reason he could run around later was that he got healed by Unohana. That is no different than Ichigo getting healed by Yoruichi.
    Was it said he was healed by Unohana? I don't remember them stating that or maybe I read over that. Sword broken in half means nothing because at the end of the fight, Ichigo was on the verge of death. Besides, I'm pretty sure since a zanpakutoh is, in essence, a part of the shinigami's spirit energy, it can always come back together, so that doesn't mean anything. It may mean something DURING the fight, but it broke AFTER the fight. After, Yachiru brought him to the rooftop, Kenpachi woke up and basically relaxed.

I seriously doubt he needed much healing, if any, because he showed in his fights that he can take slashs (he got slashed on both shoulders, through his nose and on his chest and he laughed at it). Although, Kenpachi may have admitted defeat, Ichigo, in no way, won that fight.

At most, it was a draw.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I personally was under the impression that Kenpachi had stated that regardless of whether or not he learned how to release his zanpakto, it wouldn't matter because his spiritual energy was all ready so high, so it would just change the form of his zanpakto. Of course, by the end of that part of the arc he wanted to get stronger by learning his zanpakto's name, so who knows. What I do know is that under normal conditions, Kenpachi does have an advantage over every other captain because he doesn't have to unseal his zanpakto to use his captain level reitsu, while all the other captains do have to (to our knowledge) Which means in any given non-war time situation, he has more power than the rest of them.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Neuroff's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Was it said he was healed by Unohana? I don't remember them stating that or maybe I read over that. Sword broken in half means nothing because at the end of the fight, Ichigo was on the verge of death. Besides, I'm pretty sure since a zanpakutoh is, in essence, a part of the shinigami's spirit energy, it can always come back together, so that doesn't mean anything. It may mean something DURING the fight, but it broke AFTER the fight. After, Yachiru brought him to the rooftop, Kenpachi woke up and basically relaxed.

I seriously doubt he needed much healing, if any, because he showed in his fights that he can take slashs (he got slashed on both shoulders, through his nose and on his chest and he laughed at it). Although, Kenpachi may have admitted defeat, Ichigo, in no way, won that fight.

At most, it was a draw.
    Chapter 114 page 8:
    Yachiru: Yey! Yey! Ken-chan is awake!! Yahoo~~ I called Unohana!! She'll be here right away!! Sword broken in half means something because at the end of the fight, they were BOTH on the verge of death, but Ichigo still had a sword. Kenpachi did not relax on the roof, did you even look at it again? He woke up from fainting earlier, and then fainted again. Yachiru was afraid that he died. I would say he needed some serious healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Travy View Post
    I personally was under the impression that Kenpachi had stated that regardless of whether or not he learned how to release his zanpakto, it wouldn't matter because his spiritual energy was all ready so high, so it would just change the form of his zanpakto. Of course, by the end of that part of the arc he wanted to get stronger by learning his zanpakto's name, so who knows. What I do know is that under normal conditions, Kenpachi does have an advantage over every other captain because he doesn't have to unseal his zanpakto to use his captain level reitsu, while all the other captains do have to (to our knowledge) Which means in any given non-war time situation, he has more power than the rest of them.
    I'm pretty sure captains can all blast reiatsu like that, it just might be a little lower than Kenpachi's max when they don't release. They've already shown Byakuya, Mayuri, Hitsugaya, Komamura, Gin, and Aizen blasting out huge reiatsu without releasing.
    Last edited by Neuroff; July 20, 2007 at 06:51 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Trying to look for the chapter again was too much trouble but as I said, "Ichigo, in no way, won that fight. At most, it was a draw."

But even so, Kenpachi never tried to dodge any of Ichigo's moves and for about all of this fight, Kenpachi was not 100% serious and he could have easily killed Ichigo if he wanted to, instead of leaving him on the verge of death letting Zangetsu temporarily train him (and the most he did after was make a draw).

New Reply
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast