Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 754 by cnet128 , Bleach 590 by cnet128 , Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Kenpachi: Possibly Stronger than Aizen and Yamamoto? Or just overrated?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Bromamura's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kenpachi: Possibly Stronger than Aizen and Yamamoto? Or just overrated?

Kenpachi wouldn't win in a battle of brute force either. No one short of Yamamoto/Aizen/Isshin, and possibly a few others could destroy Komamura's bankai just like that.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Denmark
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kenpachi - Possibly Stronger than Aizen and Yamamoto?

no matter what "Would" happen ichigo won that fight, and by the way, With kenpachi not dodging, is because he hate dodging, he with his own words "Its just so much funnier on straight on slashing." which means he likes getting cut and do the cutting, if he started dodging it wouldnt be kenpachi, as he said when he was fighting Tozen, "I hate fighting like this, i hate thinking in a fight." which clearly decrees that he hates dodging which i only seen him do against Tozen in the whole series, all the other times he parried (Besides getting a bit cut up.) Kenpachi fights Head-on and thats why i like him no cheap ass tricks he goes as far as to give the opponent the advantage before he kicks their ass to gooey paste. But no matter how i like Ken he lost that fight, Simply by seeing their swords, Ichigo's sword was whole, ken's was cut in half, and ken's was wounded far worse than ichigo.

---------- Post added at 04:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:12 AM ----------

And if Ken used bankai, im pretty sure the soul society would end, because that much spirit energy would destroy every being there xD
    Last edited by Miyagi; April 25, 2012 at 07:42 AM.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

it would be a shame if kenpachi won't ever use his bankai. at least before the end of the manga,he has to do so! I hope that byakuya won't be trolled by that strength,though.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member metalia's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PredatorNar View Post
    Kenpachi has to be one of my favorite people because of both his stength and his nature. He also reminds me of Sagat from Street Fighter for obvious reasons. Anyway, the fact that he kinda acts more like the typical protagonist (or close to it) than the typical antagonist: He leaves his enemies alive and doesn't really have any intentions to be evil (he only fought Ichigo because Ichigo was strong and an intruder)

Anyway, the point of this post is that Kenpachi's monsterous strength in battle is able to make him above normal Captain level (just ask Tousen, Komamura, and Mayuri (got scared when Kenpachi grabbed his arm)). It surprised me at first that he reached this state with pure spiritual energy and with no help from his zanpakuto. Now, what if he is able to go all the way to Bankai and/or become a Vizard?...

...a) Do you think he would be able to easily defeat Aizen and Yamamoto if he reached Bankai and/or Vizard?
    ...b) Do you think Tite Kubo will ever have Kenpachi actually realize the name of his sword and reach Bankai or will he just let Kenpachi remain how he is?

This topic may have been discussed in the past (I'm not sure), but I haven't found it and I really want to discuss this.
    Yamamoto is the most powerful captain in both reiatsu and strenght, as stated many times in the manga. Aizen admited to be inferior to him, plus yamamoto didn't even need a zanpaktoh to anihilate wonderweiss. I will compare Aizen to Kenpachi then:

I won't discuss about spiritual energy because I seriously doubt Kenpachi can bring Grimmjow to his knees just by using reaitsu. Also, it was stated a few times in the manga that no one can understand Aizen's reiatsu, as it he is completely on another lvl. I will assume everyone agrees that Aizen wins in this area.

Regarding physical strength, let's compare the prowess of each character:
    Aizen was powerful enough to stop Ichigo's Bankai with just one finger and almost cut him in half with a single swing of a sword.
    He stopped Renji's Shikai with his bare hand and broke it with one swing.
    He was able to stop Komamura's Shikai with his bare hand.
    He further shows his strength by being able to effortlessly cut through the sword and wrist of Komamura's Bankai, nearly killing Komamura in the process.

I'm very very sure, Kenpachi have not shown something even near that lvl. So no, to me, Aizen is superior in both reiatsu and strength.

What would happen if Kenpachi achieves shikai and bankai? I don't know, but probably kioka suigetsu will still be the most overpowered zanpakto. We could also question ourselves: what would happen if Aizen releases his bankai? Seriously, I don't think Kenpachi can compete by aaaany means with Aizen.

Artists of MH 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shinsengumi's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    it would be a shame if kenpachi won't ever use his bankai. at least before the end of the manga,he has to do so! I hope that byakuya won't be trolled by that strength,though.
    cant be more disappointing than aizen going down without ever using bankai tho ,dont you think ?

Little tocs-Coming Soon 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm...how Kubo has drawn Ken's character so far, I am doubtful he would get a bankai. It makes him unique and I would love to see it that way. But that is just my opinion.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xCUBE View Post
    Kenpachi wouldn't win in a battle of brute force either. No one short of Yamamoto/Aizen/Isshin, and possibly a few others could destroy Komamura's bankai just like that.
    wait,how do you know that isshin is at aizen and yamamoto's level??? I think he is just as strong as a strong captain,but he,urahara and yoruichi were owned by aizen...

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member metalia's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

wait,how do you know that isshin is at aizen and yamamoto's level??? I think he is just as strong as a strong captain,but he,urahara and yoruichi were owned by aizen...
    Apparently he knows how to use the final getsuga tensho, that's why. Plus Aizen without hogyoku didn't seem to be as strong as Ishin, in fact, Ishin was winning till Aizen used the hogyoku.

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by metalia View Post
    Apparently he knows how to use the final getsuga tensho, that's why. Plus Aizen without hogyoku didn't seem to be as strong as Ishin, in fact, Ishin was winning till Aizen used the hogyoku.
    I think isshin can no longer use the final getsuga tenshou since the moment when he re-obtained his powers. nor can ichigo now,imo.in fact,he doesn't seem to be able to use it again,but maybe he will

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by metalia View Post
    No, that was Aizen after pwning Gotei 13 and tricking Yamamoto and eating a lvl 96 Hado in the face and being healed by the Hogyoku.
    And let's not forget, a battle between 2 Shinigamis is a battle of reiatsu.

No matter how physically strong Kenpachi may be, we've seen Aizen " breaking " Tenken in Shikai and pwning Komamura's Bankai, and we've seen that even Tousen stopped Komamura's bankai swing with relative ease, even though these two look frail compared to Kenpachi.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Of course base Aizen and Yama are stronger than Kenpachi for now, but seriously they would be stronger than any other Captain not only in base, but also in Shikai. So I can clearly see Kenpachi becoming stronger than Byakuya (as for now they are shown to be more or less at the same level lower than Shunsui and Ukitake, but stronger than other young Captains and supposedly at the same level as Kensei and Shinji) after learning the name of his Zan and getting a real Shikai.

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

but metalia is right,isshin was winning against aizen until the latter used the hougyoku. so god-aizen was probably stronger than yamamoto. hence,if kenpachi surpassed one of them it wouldn't be too stretch,imo,and he is the only character that can be strengthened by kubo without stretching the story too mcuh

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bowser's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Stronger. Kenpachi. Beast

Spoiler show

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Bromamura's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

I meant physically, discounting special abilities. He was able to hang with and push Aizen to the limit in melee. Yamamoto is above that but those three are the cream of the crop. Condom Aizen is something different though.

~ Forum Fixer ~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Miyagi's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

According to new Bleach novel, Kenpachi is one of the strongest characters in the manga. The novel wasn't written by Kubo and isn't canon but there're comments which are supposedly from Kubo who says Narita, the writer of the novel, has seen Zaraki's true potential. We haven't seen Kenpachi during the invasion yet, I wonder what he'll do against quincies.

New Reply
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast