Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Kenpachi: Possibly Stronger than Aizen and Yamamoto? Or just overrated?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kenpachi - Possibly Stronger than Aizen and Yamamoto?

Yamomto and Aizen are stonger than Kenpachi for sure.

Yamamoto = Old uber shinigami with hundrends of years of exprience who also has the most powerful attacking fire type Zanpukto. Ukitake and Shunsui were finding it hard fighting him and they are definatly stonger than Kenpachi. Not to mention that Yama ji must know kidou and hadou spells so he has the advantage there, he probably has as much reiatsu as Kenpachi as well. Basicaly Yama ji is an all round fighter who is older more exprienced and just stonger than Kenpachi (and all of the other shinigami) an he has probably masterd all the shinigami combats systems like Aizen.

Aizen = Complete and utter overpowerd skank! A hypnotic zanpukto that can control your 5 senses whithout you being able to resist even if you know your under it's spell, and thats only in SHIKAI! what about his Bankai then lol. He has masterd all shinigami combat and probably has as much or even more reiatsu than Kenpachi, as he has said himself he has double the amount reiatsu a captain does.

Kenpachi = Stong beast with a lot of reiatsu....what else can I say? Oh he's not really great in senseing reiatsu, can't release his sword and appently he can't use demon arts. This doesn't sound like a person who is stonger than Aizen or Yamamoto. Kenpachi has the potential to be as stong as them but he aint... well not at the moment that is.

Now I'm not saying Kenpachi is weak its just he isn't as stong as Aizen or Yama ji, in fthe future if he learnt to release and masterd all styles of shinigami combat he could become stong but Yama will be stonger than him due to his expreinece and knowledge of combat styles. The only way I could possibly see him closting the gap on Yama is getting as much expreince as him. I don't think he will get stonger than Aizen because that guy is just a complete and utter skank! and if he manages to gain hollow powers it's over for everyone even Yamamoto.

Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity segua's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think there is anyone out there that could best Kenpachi in a pure sword to sword battle except a few other captains such as Bakyuga.

The day he learns to respect his sword and level up, it will take more skill to beat him.

(Please read from right to left.)

Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by segua View Post
    I don't think there is anyone out there that could best Kenpachi in a pure sword to sword battle except a few other captains such as Bakyuga.

The day he learns to respect his sword and level up, it will take more skill to beat him.
    Here are the people I think could probably best Kenpachi in pure sword combat.

Ukitake (thats if he doesn't get an illness attack in the middle of the fight)
    Shunsui
    Aizen
    Yamamoto
    Urahara
    and possibky Byakuya

Banned 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

that would be overkill.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

definitely not. it would go against all common knowledge if he was. no explanation is needed.
    besides kenpachi is under yamamoto's control anyway plus he has tonnes more battle exp

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Kenpachi does not have as many experience as yamamoto, but he still does have a lot. Compared to other capitains he seems to be even older than sunshui and Ukitake.
    It is not because those laters were the first capitains that they were the first born.
    Kenpachi is considered as the strongest shinigami of his generation ( in terms of rieatsu)
    and has dedicated is whole life to battle and pure strenght,notably in the red light neighborhood of SS, from which he took the name"Kenpachi".

He easily defeated any capitains that ever came to his way, the former eleven capitain,Tousen,he kicked down komamura, freaked out Mayuri and blasted out the ex11-vice capitain(bounto arc) who gave a very hard time to hitsugaya.
    Among Gotei13 he has the reputation to be a bloodthirsty monster (as said tousen).
    It is pretty much for a guy that came from nowhere whitout bankai and whitout the conventional knwoledge of demon art;those later capacities are normally acquired throughout the formation of a conventional capitain at the shinigami's school.

Hence, i think Zaraki's strenght and domination over his pairs come not only from his strenght but also from his numerous combat experience and aside ichigo, he is the character that Kubo Tite has shown the most involved in Fights.

the extent of his capacities is best embodied by the fight against tousen(episode 53): experience,power and instinct.

Power:
    He took Tousen's rain of blades up front and laught at it.-whitout eyepatch realease-

Experience:
    He did not loose control -as expceted by tousen- when being hitted, and with only one sense remaining he quickly elaborate a strategy to overcome the issue.

Instinct:
    The above issue could not have been overcome rapidly without his instinct and i am not talking about his really developped senses when it come to fights, but really of instinct!

The point of instinct is too often missed but it is one if not the most important skill for a powerfull shinigami fighter.
    Indeed During the fight against Tousen there is a shift that not many people noticed, probably because the point of instinct came later in the HM arc but anyway kubo Tite cleverly paved the road in SS arc.
    The shift i am talking about is the Experience VS Instinct; remember(episode 53), Zaraki first elaborate a strategy for sensing the blade on his clothes before being hitted but secondly Zaraki,because he was bored, let himself purposedly slayed in order to get a grasp ( the knack of it) of tousen's presence and on the second hit he directly stopped tousen's arm in mid air without relaying on his remaining sense since he didn't touch him nor his clothes, so on what did he relay?...on INSTINCT.

Thus, in HM arc, when ichigo is in his innerworld fighting against his hollow for vaizard power, he use his deep instinct and kubo Tite rightfully portrayed instinct as zaraki kenpachi! Then Ichigo unleashed his true power, the blue eyes of instinct that allowed him to win against his hollow.(see episode 125, see how zaraki's yellow eyes start shinning.Though,It is not zaraki but ichigo's own instinct that he finally met in his inner world -that is why i say "portrayed"-)

That said,as a side point, it is important to realize that those blue eyes represent a state of power in noway comparable with the bankai power or hollow power, they are all three different powers. When fighting with zaraki, ichigo fights with those blue eyes, that signals an extreme peak in strenght and access to instinct,and that always came when he come out of his inner world; that is when he was close to his instinct.
    Inthe same pattern, it is that huge power that allows him to stand in front of his hollow. In HM arc, deep in his inner world, he sought instinct and came up with intense blue eyes,the same that zaraki faced in SS arc, and the same that completely overpowered his hollow side! Remember What hollow ichigo said about him to Zangetsu:"He is strong, train him well because soon his power will be mine..." ichigo's own power is at least as terrible as his hollow side.

Those are the only two big time when we see Ichigo fighting with his own full strength, logically in front of his powerfull hollow and in front of Zaraki -retrospectively calling his instinct was the only way he could beat Zaraki as a newbie without bankai-.

Remember that zaraki stands in front of that power, and he could do so, only because he has the same i.e. he can also call his instinct with yellow shinning eyes, that same power that allows him to compensate for his lack of bankai among gotei 13.(though,whitout it he beats tousen)
    Remember that both instinctive powers were calling to each other as two hollow faces that materialized in their rieatsu, the blue one of ichigo and the yellow one of zaraki.
    Remember that not only zaraki did not intensify his rieatsu with his zanpakuto as did Ichigo, but also that since both Zaraki and his zanpakuto were in opposition there were in fact weakening each other.
    Remember that Zaraki stands on its foot after the final blow and that if Ichigo's hollow mask did not inadvertantly-or not- block zaraki's final blow on ichigo's chest he would have been slayed in two pieces(see episode 41 and some others after).
    Consequently, Ichigo can't even consider beating zaraki whitout calling his rare and all powerfull instinct side, thus
    don't get fool thinking zaraki get wounded by a bankailess ichigo, because he had much more than a bankai power...his instinct.

For those who question the power of zaraki with the bankai issue, i would say that neither ichigo had the bankai when figthing zaraki,and equally nor had Byakuya ever saw his overpowering blue eyes strength even if ichigo used bankai.(Those are two very different power up releases,please see episode 39 and 58 respectively).
    To convince you about that let's thinking logically:
    FIRST we can reasonably say that ichigo full instinct release was about the same power as zaraki full instinct release.
    -Imagine a released Zaraki against Tousen....the poor Tousen and his bankai got already beaten whitout any release of zaraki...lol
    -Imagine a released Zaraki against the young Byakuya....and think that Ichigo could have displayed the same amount of power with a full release(blue eyes). I have the tendency to believe that byakuya would have been to say the least..crushed by Zaraki...and consequently crushed by an eventual angry blue eyed ichigo.
    What follows is that, if you perceive the different state of power, it has actually been easier for byakuya to fight an ichigo that relied on his bankai power rather than his instinctive power...Byakuya was indeed close to win in front of the bankai power but there is no way he could have beaten a released Blue eyed ichigo nor a Zaraki released. When I am talking about bankai power and instinct power, i am not saying that he can't use them both at the same time, but rather i emphasis that ichigo suffers from an instinct complexe because he thinks too much,always need a reason to fight, and so he just can't call his instinct freely like Zaraki...at least not until he is at the verge of death.
    Nevertheless Byakuya got beaten but managed to go away on his foot; were he to fight an angry blue eyed and highly instinctive ichigo at the place of zaraki, he would have been six feets under earth.

Finally, Zaraki may not be the strongest between Aizen and particularly Yamamoto-for obvious difference in experience and stregnth-
    But saying that he stands no chances against Aizen on the sole basis that aizen has a zanpakuto that trick all senses is quite weak considering the whole story.
    Zaraki can fight well and already proved-vs tousen- that he can fight even without his senses and only with instinct(second shift of the fight i described at the beginning). Although Aizen claims to have the rieatsu power of two capitains, by now we can safely assume that zaraki has nothing to envy.
    Futhermore,considering that Kubo Tite lately increased the shift in scope toward the important concept of instinct, i am quite certain that Zaraki will play an incresingly central role in the history, especially in the winter battle.
    There is definitively too much room for improvement and potential scenarios for that character, to make him a major contender in strenght between Aizen and Yama-jii.

My two cents:
    Until now Zaraki and ichigo are the only characters to have shown instinct type power up.In my opinion, kubo tite hide the true power of both Zaraki and ichigo and hide the important concept of instinct in the SS arc, in making zaraki not master bankai but able to call freely his instinct and in making ichigo not able to call his instinct freely but able to call his bankai power whenever he wants. It is interesting to note how this two characters are complementary and how kubo lets rooms for improvement for each of them, in making them not too much powerful in not mastering both abilities in the same time.
    Because think about a Zaraki mastering bankai...it would have been too much of a power among the other capitains the same goes for Ichigo
    i can't wait seing him mastering his hollow side more than 10seconds.
    I suspect that since his instinct is a counter power to his hollow side(see episode 125), the more he can call his instinct the more he can dominate his hollow and take power from him, thus although he has beaten his hollow, i think that the 10sec limit comes from this inability to use instinct in fights.
    Zaraki seek power and i bet that at the winter battle he will have acquired Bankai to cope with ichigo power up, and that at seeing the more powerful vaizard he will ask in a third arc the help of Uharara in becoming a vaizard.

PS: sorry for long post
    Last edited by boubi; August 19, 2007 at 06:17 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Silhouette's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PredatorNar View Post
    ...a) Do you think he would be able to easily defeat Aizen and Yamamoto if he reached Bankai and/or Vizard?
    ...b) Do you think Tite Kubo will ever have Kenpachi actually realize the name of his sword and reach Bankai or will he just let Kenpachi remain how he is?

This topic may have been discussed in the past (I'm not sure), but I haven't found it and I really want to discuss this.
    a) Zaraki may not need a bankai to beat Yamamoto. Zangetsu said that Zaraki's zanpakuto was diminishing his masters' strength and so was Zaraki doing to his sword (I am not sure if this was mentioned in the anime but it was in the manga chapter 113). So I think that it's not really that Kenpachi needs to dig out his zanpakuto's power but he needs to come to good terms with it and stop the rivalry that's affecting his own strength.

b) I believe this will happen. Zaraki loves`fighting at full strength, he already asked his zanpakuto for forgiveness and I hope he will learn it's name and they will stop the continuous fight that's reducing their strengths and then Kenpachi's awesomeness will be shown.
    CLICK SIGNATURE ABOVE FOR BLEACH & OP COLOURED PAGES

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PredatorNar View Post
    Anyway, the point of this post is that Kenpachi's monsterous strength in battle is able to make him above normal Captain level (just ask Tousen, Komamura, and Mayuri (got scared when Kenpachi grabbed his arm)). It surprised me at first that he reached this state with pure spiritual energy and with no help from his zanpakuto. Now, what if he is able to go all the way to Bankai and/or become a Vizard?...

...a) Do you think he would be able to easily defeat Aizen and Yamamoto if he reached Bankai and/or Vizard?
    a)we don't know much about the true ability of aizen, but for what he displayed, we can say that he is a true master in illusion. Concerning his level of power, no one can indicate for sure that his accomplishment such as stopping the ichigo's zanpakuto with his finger or stopping komamura's bankai just in raising his sword, were true or illusions. In any case that form of combat leads him to systematic victory over each opponent he ever faced-remember vs hitsugaya- and this without ever realising his bankai.Moreover, if he do possess the power of two capitain he is pretty much at the level of a Vasto lord. indeed, we can remember former adjucha, espada Grimjow, crouling under his spiritual pressure.

On the other hand as i have explained in my above post, Zaraki just need to rely on its instinct and do not need any of its senses even whitout release to beat an opponent. I am pretty sure that instinct is the extra ability that is needed to get trough Aizen 'zanpakuto illusions.Remember how easily he blast ex11 vice-capitain's illusion, in which Hitsugaya was trapped(bounto arc episode 98).

Therefore, Zaraki is in my opinion the best contender to aizen and in a fight(that i am sure zaraki would particularly enjoy) it is not sure whether aizen could approach Zaraki even under 5 senses illusions whitout him noticing it. To trick His terrible instinct, Aizen surely need more than a shikai illusion but rather the use of his bankai.And zaraki could steal release his full power.
    Under equal capacity for both opponent, that is if zaraki masters bankai, then the outcome of a fight is cristal clear.I let you imagine a boost in zaraki already humoungous rieastu and instinct, coupled with new capacities from his bankai...

Now aizen seek more power beacause he knows that he is not out of reach, and that's what makes him in the current history very dangerous.By now, he probably have some sort of hollow side power, increasing his already fantastic abilities and power.

So between a sort of vaizard Aizen and a zaraki that achieved bankai the outcome is undefined.But again under equal capacity that is if Zaraki had the bankai and a vaizard power, he would be stronger. To sum up Currently Zaraki may not be stronger than Aizen nor It is proved that aizen will successfully trick him in his illusion, but Zaraki definitively possess a higher potential at equal capacity.

Rightfully Zaraki is considered as the strongest shinigami of his generation.
    Last edited by boubi; August 18, 2007 at 01:33 PM.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey there, I'm not normally one to post (just like to read others' opinions really), but I saw these a little while ago in the "Bleach Official Bootleg" magazine.

I'm not too sure how old it is but I think its may be a lil' old. Anyway I noticed these profiles, and from what I can see the data they have could make for some very interesting debate/unexpected conclusions about ability with regards to each captain. I thought that if someone could translate them (not necessarily all the text, but the ability graphs in the bottom right & left, it could potentially add something to these discussions)

Anyways here are the links [on bayimg] - for some reason it went weird on me and Yama-jii's pic didnt come up with the others (possibly cos i added it first b4 I realised you could batch upload in a zip file). Other than that i believe they should still be in order of their division.

Bear in mind that the exact specs could change as captains r training for winter war etc, but other wise enjoy - & I hope this leads to something productive:-

Yamamoto:
    http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/f...Yamamotov2.jpg

Album containing remain (& former) captains:
    http://bayimg.com/album/pAAOgaAAb

ciao

--------------------------------
    PS - wont let me upload Yamamoto's so I will try a different host
    also put the captains pages into a rapidshare-link if anyone prefers that
    Last edited by tmt127_18; September 05, 2007 at 01:32 PM. Reason: replaced links with updated one, tho it still wont let me include yamamto with the others

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member kazuma_uzumaki's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

well i say if everyone was in his position (meaning not know it's name) the Kenpachi would do fairly well

Forgot the name but oculdnt he stick his sword in that one thing Yoruichi used to help ichigo achieve Bankai? the thing that makes the physical appearance of zanpakuto

Translator 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kazuma_uzumaki View Post
    well i say if everyone was in his position (meaning not know it's name) the Kenpachi would do fairly well

Forgot the name but oculdnt he stick his sword in that one thing Yoruichi used to help ichigo achieve Bankai? the thing that makes the physical appearance of zanpakuto
    Maybe the thing Ichigo used was a private Urahara technology...so it did not appear in Soul Society for Zaraki to use? And it's like hollowization too so I doubt a Shinigami would use it.

Quote Originally Posted by tmt127_18 View Post
    Hey there, I'm not normally one to post (just like to read others' opinions really), but I saw these a little while ago in the "Bleach Official Bootleg" magazine.

I'm not too sure how old it is but I think its may be a lil' old. Anyway I noticed these profiles, and from what I can see the data they have could make for some very interesting debate/unexpected conclusions about ability with regards to each captain. I thought that if someone could translate them (not necessarily all the text, but the ability graphs in the bottom right & left, it could potentially add something to these discussions)

Anyways here are the links [on bayimg] - for some reason it went weird on me and Yama-jii's pic didnt come up with the others (possibly cos i added it first b4 I realised you could batch upload in a zip file). Other than that i believe they should still be in order of their division.

Bear in mind that the exact specs could change as captains r training for winter war etc, but other wise enjoy - & I hope this leads to something productive:-

Yamamoto:
    http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/f...Yamamotov2.jpg

Album containing remain (& former) captains:
    http://bayimg.com/album/pAAOgaAAb

ciao

--------------------------------
    PS - wont let me upload Yamamoto's so I will try a different host
    also put the captains pages into a rapidshare-link if anyone prefers that
    According to the stats shown above (which is probably outdated), I'll list out the stats for each captain in different categories.

Attack/Offence
    Yamamoto - 100
    Shunsui - 90
    Ukitake - 90
    Ichimaru Gin - 80
    Unohana - 100
    Aizen - 100
    Byakuya - 90
    Komamura - 100
    Tousen - 70
    Hitsugaya - 80
    Zaraki - 100
    Kurotsuchi - 70
    Soi Fon - 80

Stamina/Physical Ability
    Yamamoto - 60
    Shunsui - 70
    Ukitake - 40
    Ichimaru Gin - 80
    Unohana - 90
    Aizen - 80
    Byakuya - 70
    Komamura - 100
    Tousen - 60
    Hitsugaya - 80
    Zaraki - 100
    Kurotsuchi - 50
    Soi Fon - 100

Intellect
    Yamamoto - 100
    Shunsui - 90
    Ukitake - 100
    Ichimaru Gin - 80
    Unohana - 100
    Aizen - 100
    Byakuya - 90
    Komamura - 80
    Tousen - 90
    Hitsugaya - 80
    Zaraki - 50
    Kurotsuchi - 100
    Soi Fon - 60

Kidou
    Yamamoto - 100
    Shunsui - 100
    Ukitake - 100
    Ichimaru Gin - 80
    Unohana - 100
    Aizen - 100
    Byakuya - 90
    Komamura - 50
    Tousen - 90
    Hitsugaya - 90
    Zaraki - 0
    Kurotsuchi - 100
    Soi Fon - 60

Defence
    Yamamoto - 100
    Shunsui - 90
    Ukitake - 90
    Ichimaru Gin - 80
    Unohana - 80
    Aizen - 90
    Byakuya - 80
    Komamura - 100
    Tousen - 70
    Hitsugaya - 80
    Zaraki - 80
    Kurotsuchi - 70
    Soi Fon - 60

Maneouvering Ability
    Yamamoto - 100
    Shunsui - 90
    Ukitake - 70
    Ichimaru Gin - 80
    Unohana - 70
    Aizen - 90
    Byakuya - 90
    Komamura - 40
    Tousen - 80
    Hitsugaya - 90
    Zaraki - 60
    Kurotsuchi - 40
    Soi Fon - 100

Omg Finally. -.-
    PokehMon

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Kazuho's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

first off, Old man Yamamoto would rape anyone...even Aizen... Besides that i think that Kenpachi would be the perfect person to fight Aizen considering he's a monster. He pretty much had Tousen on the run even though Tousen was using Bankai, and im pretty sure we all read/saw that...

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member kazuma_uzumaki's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=dandy65;526793]Maybe the thing Ichigo used was a private Urahara technology...so it did not appear in Soul Society for Zaraki to use? And it's like hollowization too so I doubt a Shinigami would use it.

He could've asked Ichigo to use it >_>

i mean renji used it >_>

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Askia32's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I say it depends on your definition of strength. If you mean by pure power, Aizen for sure(remember, he even had Yamamoto caught in his illusion). From the power we have seen from him, you could tell he's holding back tremendously. Than Yamamoto, than Kenpachi. If you mean by skill and power together, than I would say Yamamoto, Aizen, and Kenpachi. Kenpachi has a lot of reiatsu, but if you match his reiatsu like Ichigo did, his swordsmanship is pretty weak. I think Kenpachi has the potnetial to be the most pwerfl if he acheives bankai, and masters it.
    Last edited by Askia32; September 18, 2007 at 11:50 PM.
    2010 World Series Champs SF GIANTS!!!

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Kazuho's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

tch...Kenpachi? learn bankai? yea right! he cant even figure out the name of his zanpakuto...
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v639/pNoiBoiGT/scepsigut1.jpg

New Reply
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast