Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 761 by cnet128 , Bleach 597 (2)
New Reply
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Kenpachi: Possibly Stronger than Aizen and Yamamoto? Or just overrated?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner squidbreath's Avatar
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kenpachi - Possibly Stronger than Aizen and Yamamoto?

Quote Originally Posted by Kazuho View Post
    tch...Kenpachi? learn bankai? yea right! he cant even figure out the name of his zanpakuto...
    It's an "if" question.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

1. Aizen

2. Yamamoto

3. Zaraki

Even if Zaraki does achieve BanKai, we still have yet to see Aizen's and Yamamoto's BanKai. And since Aizen is the (alleged) main villain, you know his will be incredible.

And we haven't even seen Captain Ukitake and Captain Shunsui's Bankai. Zaraki may not even be stronger than them, much less on the same level as Aizen or Yamamoto.

And would like to add, just because he finally asked his sword's name once and failed, doesn't rule out the possibility of him having it now.
    Last edited by KyleUchiha; November 18, 2007 at 04:07 PM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Jono23's Avatar
    Country
    Chile
    Post Thanks / Like

IF Zaraki Kenpachi ever learns Bankai he will not be as strong as Yamamoto or Aizen, however he MIGHT be able to reach Kyourako and Ukitake's level, but no way will he be as strong as Yamamoto and Aizen.
    No Matter What Darkness Lies Ahead, I Will Pursue This Path. Whatever Happens, I Will Obtain Power.

We will be known as Hebi

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member dreamzsai's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Kenpachi is definetly one of the people who has the most potential to become the ultimate unbeatable guy.

His Sword Techniques are great, he has good speed, reflexes, he is able to be calm in any battle due to his confidence which enables him to think well for strategies, he has great endurance and doesnt even have Shikai(or doesnt know the abilities of his sword) yet.

BUT, i also realise that Kubo might never let him learn his sword's name/ability since it will take out the uniqueness in his character(the win with ultimate brute power factor).

Aizen is really strong due to the cheapness of his sword's ability, most characters wont be able to even compete with him due to the ability of his sword. So i would always take him out of the equation for any comparison.

Yamamoto's Zanpaktou isnt anything much, no real special powers except maybe make your opponent sweat like mad xD And since it is attack oriented, it makes Yama and Kenpachi kinda similar, and i would feel Kenpachi is stronger. But there's Bankai there, so i'd expect Yama to have some kind of cheap ability in there that will win the fight for him.

Anyway, everyone is just assuming that Yamamoto is godlike, when we dont really know what he is capable of, sure he took on Kyoraku and Ukitake, but we dont know how good this 2 are either, and Kenpachi took on 2 captains too.
    Technically, yes, they should be pretty strong, but they could be just normal in the real case.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well there are other factors in that. Kenpachi has overwhelming power, by overwhelming power I mean he was made a Captain based on his sheer power. He lost to Ichigo so he wants to become stronger and given his sword has a shiny new appearance its quite possible he has learned his swords name.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member akatsuki27's Avatar
    Country
    Dominican Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dreamzsai View Post
    Kenpachi is definetly one of the people who has the most potential to become the ultimate unbeatable guy.

His Sword Techniques are great, he has good speed, reflexes, he is able to be calm in any battle due to his confidence which enables him to think well for strategies, he has great endurance and doesnt even have Shikai(or doesnt know the abilities of his sword) yet.

BUT, i also realise that Kubo might never let him learn his sword's name/ability since it will take out the uniqueness in his character(the win with ultimate brute power factor).

Aizen is really strong due to the cheapness of his sword's ability, most characters wont be able to even compete with him due to the ability of his sword. So i would always take him out of the equation for any comparison.

Yamamoto's Zanpaktou isnt anything much, no real special powers except maybe make your opponent sweat like mad xD And since it is attack oriented, it makes Yama and Kenpachi kinda similar, and i would feel Kenpachi is stronger. But there's Bankai there, so i'd expect Yama to have some kind of cheap ability in there that will win the fight for him.

Anyway, everyone is just assuming that Yamamoto is godlike, when we dont really know what he is capable of, sure he took on Kyoraku and Ukitake, but we dont know how good this 2 are either, and Kenpachi took on 2 captains too.
    Technically, yes, they should be pretty strong, but they could be just normal in the real case.
    dont be so quick to say quick to say rash things....aizen's sword is NOT what makes him strong...not even close, was aizen using his sword when he stopped ichigo's bankai sword with his finger tips???...do you have to hypnotize someone to make them sweat and fall to their knees with just reiatsu??

was aizen using his sword when unleashed a 90+ kidou on komamura without the incantation (he used it to sneak up on him but the kidou had nothing to do with his sword)

aizen has twice the reiatsu of a normal captain and has mastered all four fighting techniques, the fact that he can hipnotize you with his sword is pure overkill....if aizen's zanpakuto didnt have that ability he would still pwn
    Aah, bring my rape shoes...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hollowdemon's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

aizen is definitely on top if it comes to whos stronger if we're saying kenpachi might give him a run for his money, then maybe its not a big or slim chance at all since it seems that he took down the previous 11th squad captain easily too so whose to say that with aizen will be different? kenpachi still lacks the whole bankai and shikai method but we dont know if he have or haven't learned it yet.
    I wouldnt say things like he would beat and stronger than yamamoto and aizen but we can establish the fact that kenpachi isnt as strong as aizen at this level. If kenpachi was the one to have the hougyoku would he be able to control it ? we dont know yet
    but most i can say is he can give them both a run for their money thats all so dont count him out. Who knows kenpachi might be the new villain (which i HIGHLY doubt )

*The sad story behind the smile of the mask....*

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member akatsuki27's Avatar
    Country
    Dominican Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hollowdemon View Post
    aizen is definitely on top if it comes to whos stronger if we're saying kenpachi might give him a run for his money, then maybe its not a big or slim chance at all since it seems that he took down the previous 11th squad captain easily too so whose to say that with aizen will be different? kenpachi still lacks the whole bankai and shikai method but we dont know if he have or haven't learned it yet.
    I wouldnt say things like he would beat and stronger than yamamoto and aizen but we can establish the fact that kenpachi isnt as strong as aizen at this level. If kenpachi was the one to have the hougyoku would he be able to control it ? we dont know yet
    but most i can say is he can give them both a run for their money thats all so dont count him out. Who knows kenpachi might be the new villain (which i HIGHLY doubt )
    if it meant that he would get to fight the strongest of the strong he'd do it
    Aah, bring my rape shoes...

Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

then if thats the case that he is DEFINITELY 100% stronger than both yamma-jii and aizen hands down no doubt about it

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

If Kenpachi ever did connect with his sword and mastered bankai, then I think he would be the third most powerful under Aizen and Yamamoto.

Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

id want him to fight byakuya first and ukitake/shunsui to get that spot before anything

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hollowdemon View Post
    id want him to fight byakuya first and ukitake/shunsui to get that spot before anything
    It would be nice to have another situation that pits the captains against each other, but I doubt that wish will come true.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Kanzen Shinkiro's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Personally, I believe Yamamoto is the strongest captain out of the thirteen. Shunsui and Jushiro are pretty much leveled, however, Jushiro is perhaps slightly weaker than Shunsui due to his unnatural fragility. To me, they are second and third respectively. In fourth, I would have to say either Kenpachi or Byakuya, although I would favor Kenpachi due to his overall raw power versus Byakuya's overly polished skill. I am not diminishing Byakuya's strength, I simply believe that due to his being polished, Kenpachi would simply crush him with sheer will power. The rest is pretty much leveled.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member radical3113's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

maaan a lot of people give far too much respect to shunsui and ukitake who havent really done much so far.except sleep, cough, and take on the yamamoto. they were personally trained by yamamoto, dosent mean their stronger than zaraki who (as far as we know) wasnt really trained by anyone, walked into serietei and cut down a captain (and he didnt limp away nor was he out of breath). im not saying their weak their probably elite, but zaraki never takes anyone seriously,thus we've technically never seen a serious zaraki fight.

zaraki will never be as strong as aizen
    but yamamoto will never be out of the question
    Who the Tobi am I?

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Two problems with that statement.

1. Aizen has already reached his limits he can't get any stronger without changing his very nature.
    2. Thats assuming Aizen is not a Hollow with natural illusion generating powers.

New Reply
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast