Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Kenpachi: Possibly Stronger than Aizen and Yamamoto? Or just overrated?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Neuroff's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kenpachi - Possibly Stronger than Aizen and Yamamoto?

Quote Originally Posted by PredatorNar View Post
    Trying to look for the chapter again was too much trouble but as I said, "Ichigo, in no way, won that fight. At most, it was a draw."

But even so, Kenpachi never tried to dodge any of Ichigo's moves and for about all of this fight, Kenpachi was not 100% serious and he could have easily killed Ichigo if he wanted to, instead of leaving him on the verge of death letting Zangetsu temporarily train him (and the most he did after was make a draw).
    The beginning of the fight doesn't even matter. Ichigo was clearly winning the fight after he got revived by Zangetsu. By the time they got to the final attack, they had both taken ridiculous damage, but the damage on Ichigo was primarily from before he got stronger mid-fight. At most, Kenpachi drew with Ichigo, not the other way around. Don't try to say that he could have killed Ichigo, Ichigo going into his inner world happens pretty much instantaneously. If Kenpachi went to kill him, Ichigo would have been revived and able to block his attack by the time he got there.

Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

He doesn't get revived by the inner world. Kenpachi PURPOSELY didn't kill him. Yea, it's instantaneously but only after Kenpachi spared his life. Furthermore, Ichigo wasn't not clearly winning anything as Kenpachi was just enduring the attacks like it was nothing, so what the heck are you talking about?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Neuroff's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PredatorNar View Post
    He doesn't get revived by the inner world. Kenpachi PURPOSELY didn't kill him. Yea, it's instantaneously but only after Kenpachi spared his life. Furthermore, Ichigo wasn't not clearly winning anything as Kenpachi was just enduring the attacks like it was nothing, so what the heck are you talking about?
    There's no point talking about the beginning of the fight. It's already a fact that he was stronger than Ichigo then. After Ichigo is revived, Kenpachi himself says Ichigo is winning, so there isn't a point in saying he wasn't. On chapter 112 page 18 he says, "An equal matchup!! No... only by a little... but you are definitely stronger!! So yes, Ichigo was clearly winning. And obviously Kenpachi wasn't taking the hits like it was nothing or he wouldn't have a broken sword and end up unconscious. And you STILL haven't even reread the fight, so try doing that first.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member lilkwarrior's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Kenpachi is a very considerable powerful captain, but him against Yamamoto or even Aizen... that's crazy suicide. He maybe more POWERFUL than Aizen, but he's not SMART as Aizen nor SKILLFUL as Aizen. It's no different than say boxing. Mayweather is a quick agile boxer that has destoyed those who Double his benchpress simply because he's the smarter man. Back on topic, Aizen top notch abilities in all 4 arts of Shinigami combat will destroy Kenpachi. Kenpachi's not a dummy, but's he's not that smart to really be much of a challenge against Aizen. Kenpachi is a good combat Shinigami, looking at what he did to Tousen, who, if he fought Ichigo instead of Kenpachi the first time would have DESTROYED Ichigo with that Bankai. Kenpachi however took advantage of the fact that Tousen Bankai doesn't stop ALL of his senses, he could feel... Aizen's SHIKAI tricks ALL of the senses... It's the perfect ability against Kenpachi. Don't get me wrong, but if Aizen has achieved hollow powers, Kenpachi would die in under 3 pages of Manga with most of it being done in 9 panels, the rest the background infomation of Kenpachi & his pain before his miserable death. With Yachiru screaming of revenge and filled with pink fury...

A more interesting & fair comparison that would lead to a fewer longer seconds of life for Kenpachi is him vs. Yamamoto. I'm actually interested, if Kenpachi has actually tried before. Kenpachi LOVES powerful opponents, and if the speculation that he simply walked in & killed the old 11th Captain is true, he HAD to wanted to fight someone more powerful. Unless fighting old guys isn't his thing, he had to have been starstruck of a chance against Yamamoto.. It's brilliant! Kenpachi wouldn't last long against Yamamoto though. Kenpachi would be served as Burnt Chicken as comedy the next day after...
    Last edited by lilkwarrior; July 21, 2007 at 07:31 AM. Reason: Because I can

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member ShinobiWrath's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Facing Knepachi against Aizen is like putting Kon with GJ. okay mayeb not that big of a power gap but Kenpachi in his current state would be of little significance to Aizen. He'd tear Kenpachi apart and as much as it hurts me to say this Kenpachi is almost a Bug to Aizen. Notice how easily Aizen stopped Ichigo's Tensa Zangetsu with merely two fingers. I won't doubt Kenpachi's abilities because he's one of the more powerful Captains of SS and with time he could even surpass all the captains but fitting him against Yamamoto is clearly a bad Idea.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

My point was if Kenpachi reached bankai, would he be able to take down Yamamoto or Aizen.

Oh and Tousen's bankai did stop all senses. The way Kenpachi explained the way he exploited Tousen's bankai was that he waited for Tousen to try to slash him and once he felt Tousen's blade on him, he knew where to slash to hit Tousen. Plus, when Tousen's blade touches him, all of his senses came back.

Tousen's bankai is actually quite powerful though. He can trap an opponent in it and just use kidou on them and obliterate them.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Isn't that in ways, the sense of touch, maybe I'm going retarded because it's so hot right now...

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, not really because I think Kenpachi has to come in direct contact with Tousen's zanpakutoh. If he touched any other part of Tousen, I don't think anything would have happened.

Dearly Missed ;__; MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Country
    Venezuela
    Post Thanks / Like

he said himself that he hadn't lost his sense of touch, that was why he was able to feel when the zanpakutou scraped his clothes, not him. if he would've only got that sense back when he got into direct contact with the sword, he would never have been able to avoid fatal wounds.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

So I was right, thanks for clearing that up.
    Kenpachi against Aizen would, yes, be a interesting fight, but everyone knows it going to be pwnage on Kenpachi & everyone knows he would lose, so the fight would be a waste of space unless Kenpachi knows something about Aizen's abilities that's a weakness that no one knows about...

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

frankly i don't think Zaraki took either of the fights seriously enough to want them dead and make sure of it. if he had, i doubt they would have had any chance of surviving, let alone winning. of course it would be a suprise if Aizen hadn't released in front of Zaraki, therefore fooling ALL of his senses whenever he wants.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by b718 View Post
    i tink kenpachi is strong buh i do not think dat he is stronger den yamamoto and i can't really comment on aizen....i tink aizen is a weak pusy tho
    oh yeah he is so weak that he make grim kneel so hard he cracked the ground with only his spirit pressure

yeah real weak....

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

i tink kenpachi is strong buh i do not think dat he is stronger den yamamoto and i can't really comment on aizen....i tink aizen is a weak pusy tho

I honestly think that aizen would not only destroy Kenpachi but Yamamoto as well. And someone mentioned that they believe that Yamamoto is the person who is really behind everything. I’d like to know was evidence to support this as it makes zero sense to me. Given that Yamamoto is the only person who knows the location of the key there would be no reason to make another one if he wanted to kill the king.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Kenpachi is a strong opponent but he simply shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence with Aizen and Yamamoto. If anything, it would be WAY more interesting if it's Aizen vs. Yamamoto. Aizen knows that Yamamoto knows where the original royal key is, so he won't kill him or even think of killing him unless his plans of making another key is complete. If they go toe to toe, it would be VERY interesting. I wonder, don't get me wrong but I honestly think, with Kenpachi's "playful" (not really) matter of fighting and at times letting the opponent hit him, I think he could make his death much easier if he went against some one that had ability like the hollow that killed Kaien by making his weapon disappear or even Soi fon's ability to kill people with poison with 2 hits in the same area, etc.

Not to be off topic but with Kenpachi's pressure, I'm suprised that Yachiru isn't effect much by it.. I'm interesting how powerful that little kid is... Though I think she got her rank just because her being Kenpachi's "partner in crime", I don't Soul Society would allow that unless she's really powerful.

Either way, I want to see a lot of Kenpachi in the Winter War. I hope he gets to fight an Espada...

Dearly Missed ;__; MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Country
    Venezuela
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know whether you think this is of much importance or not to see the powerlevels of people... BUT please keep in mind that the fight of Ichigo and Kenpachi was before bankai was introduced...

if i remember correctly, it was first introduced when yoruichi took ichigo away to the bankai-training >.>

please note that the pre-bankai-introduction fights and post-bankai-introduction fights are in no way compareable with each other.

Bankai was an addition Kubo made randomly to justify the growth of Ichigo and the new powerlevel, as well as give himself a tool to multiply the "petals" of Senbonzakura, because it otherwise would never have become a fight like that ^^;

That's also the reason why Tousen ain't weak, Kubo somewhat adjusted Zarakis strength after the fight of Ichigo and him.... Furthermore it's the reason why we've not seen Ikkakus bankai at that point in time, but only his shikai as well as very low strength compared to directly after the SS arc.

Taking the above into consideration, I would still say that Yamamoto is stronger than Kenpachi, as long as Kenpachi doesn't learn how to go bankai he will always lose against Yamamoto. As for Aizen... I can't really judge his strength :S I would say he is definitely on the level of Yamamoto, maybe even a tad bit stronger... So, once more, unless Kenpachi gains bankai there's no way for him to win against Aizen...
    How far bankai would improve him is only known by Kubo himself xP

New Reply
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast