Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 12 of 137 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 112 ... LastLast

Thread: History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi Hangout

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Ravsieg's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi by Matsuena Syun

I think what can happen concerning Jihan is a comeback like Shinnosuke Tsuji's. :P
    ~ Tirawit Kokin

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Franckie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maphisto40 View Post
    Ok, if Saiga were to defeat one of Ryouzanpaku's masters, which one do you think it would be? Ooh, or maybe he beats the crap out Miu, his own daughter (or takes her away to Yami), which would also give Kenichi one hell of an incentive. I can just see Kenichi in a fury unlike any before, making it almost impossible to use his Seikūken. Hmmm...
    The two leading candidates are Akisame (old friend) and Hayato (father).

Quote Originally Posted by sabret00the View Post
    Isn't his lack of talent/potential what half the story is about. Everything that he's done, he's done with hard work, surpassing the imagination of his masters and us readers.
    Talent != Potential. Being a "genius" just means you learn faster than normal. Potential, on the other hand, deals with someone possessing the capacity for growth or development. In this series, potentiality is not equal between various individuals. Ogata, Hayato, Sakaki, etc. acknowledge that while Kenichi has no talent, he's still worth teaching because his potential is great enough that if unlocked, Kenichi will become the strongest in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravsieg View Post
    I just can't see any of the good guys dying.
    People have died, or come close to dying, in this series. Shou and Radin died. We saw Alexander kill people. We've seen Boris, Rachel, Tirawit, etc. attempt to kill people. The only good guys who won't die are Kenichi and co. The masters, on the other hand, are expendable.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maphisto40 View Post
    That would certainly change the tone of this manga, wouldn't it? Though I must say, when Kanō Shō was shot to death, I was absolutely shocked. I never expected Matsuena-sensei to go in that direction, but I must say I'm glad he did. Kanō Shō wasn't intrinsically evil, so his death had a far bigger impact on Kenichi than if someone like say, Christopher Eclair died. If one of his masters is killed, I can't even imagine how Kenichi would react.

It bothers me when a series is full of life-or-death situations, but no one ever really dies except for the completely evil people (coughBleachcough). But I don't want it to go the Naruto direction either, where good guys are dropping like flies (damn Kishimoto-sensei, let me catch my breath before you kill another awesome character!).

BTW, do you guys think Radin Tidat Jihan is really dead? I have a feeling he isn't, since we weren't shown his actual death (just the avalanche hitting), but I have no clue when he might pop up, especially since Silcardo Jenazad renounced him as a disciple. Sorry, I like to ponder these kinds of things...
    Rule #1 of fiction: No character is really dead until the story has ended. Hell,I wouldn't be surprised if the author did an asspull to justify why SHOU is alive. For all that we know he could just show up and say "I got better."
    The author would have to be crazy, but it could happen.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Maphisto40's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ravsieg
    I think what can happen concerning Jihan is a comeback like Shinnosuke Tsuji's. :P
    I miss Shinnosuke! I loved his character (like how he 'beat' Kenichi and then ran), and I really hope he comes back at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock Holmes View Post
    Rule #1 of fiction: No character is really dead until the story has ended. Hell,I wouldn't be surprised if the author did an asspull to justify why SHOU is alive. For all that we know he could just show up and say "I got better."
    The author would have to be crazy, but it could happen.
    OMG, you want to see how fast I learn Japanese and send him a rant-filled letter of protest? That would suck so bad, even though I really liked Kanō.

By the way, nice 'Monty Python and the Holy Grail' reference, it made me laugh.
    Last edited by Maphisto40; December 06, 2008 at 08:11 PM.

Manga-addicted freak of nature...ケンイチ
    FMA, oh how I adore thee...

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i have a feeling the elder isnt gonna see the end of this manga. his fight with his son is gonna be awesome. i had forgotten that the one shadow was akimase's best friend.

Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

When did it state that?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by paradoxe View Post
    When did it state that?
    At the end of chapter 78 (when the teachers came to visit Ryouzanpaku because they heard Miu was living with a male student). As they're cleaning up the mess afterwards, Akisame finds a sculpture that Furinji Saiga made, and tells Kenichi "The man that made this was my best friend."

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member fizban's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

So Kenichi will be sparring with Takeda. I'd give Takeda the edge since this is a sparring match and Kenichi won't be having a reason to come back from the point f death to prove a point about his way of life and save the day

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fizban View Post
    So Kenichi will be sparring with Takeda. I'd give Takeda the edge since this is a sparring match and Kenichi won't be having a reason to come back from the point f death to prove a point about his way of life and save the day
    That's probably true. Kenichi will have a hard time even wanting to seriously spar with Takeda. He really needs to get over that kind of stuff if he ever wants to have a chance against the upper levels of YOMI.

Even so, I still can't wait to see Kenichi and Takeda face off again, now that both of their skills have increased drastically. Plus, Takeda's smexy, so it's all good for me!

And for some reason, Renka didn't annoy me in this chapter like she usually does. I hope that continues...

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Way too much fan-service. That's the only annoying part of this manga.

However Kenichi's reaction as Renka was fighting on the way to school was still cranking.
    ~ Tirawit Kokin

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ravsieg View Post
    Way too much fan-service. That's the only annoying part of this manga.

However Kenichi's reaction as Renka was fighting on the way to school was still cranking.
    Ha ha, after reading Air Gear and Tenjho Tenge (both by Oh! Great), this level of fanservice doesn't even show up on my radar anymore! Which is a good thing, actually. As a woman who reads almost nothing but Shounen and Seinen manga, I'm pretty used to fanservice in all forms.

I think it's funny how Kenichi has learned to take most things in stride now. Instead of his first reaction being to jump in and save Renka (white knight syndrome), he just stays back and lets her handle it. Takeda got to be the one to jump in, and as such, earned Renka's notice. My personal hope is that she switches her attentions to Takeda...that would be funny.

Oh, and I understand that mangakas have lives too, but I still hate breaks! I'm an impatient person!

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

I wish for the opposite! xD That Takeda switches her attention to Renka. After all, I feel pity for the guy, he's awesome and he's on a one-way-road towards Miu ahah.

Indeed, breaks pain me! But oh well, that's some more time for studying towards exams.
    ~ Tirawit Kokin

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, Takeda and Renka would be a good couple. But I'm afraid that's not going to happen for some reason..

Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Imagine how Kensei would react to Renka dating Takeda.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by paradoxe View Post
    Imagine how Kensei would react to Renka dating Takeda.
    Hmmm, I think Kensei would actually help Takeda out with Renka. He's pretty cool that way.

Thread Closed
Page 12 of 137 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 112 ... LastLast