Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2) , Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Gantz 253 Discussion/254 Prediction Thread

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity warbandit66's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gantz 253 Discussion/254 Prediction Thread

I think that the blond vampire will die, since the female one asked him what he would feel if she died, because people are most likely to assume that gogo vamp will die first, i think after his death she will join the gantzers

Artists of MH 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TheGenius's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Well...One(vamp) of them has to survive, we really hold no info on the vampires and why they're sworn enemies of the Gantzers. I think the female will die from the hands of an alien and the Host Samurai will join the cause, he is too skillfull to die(like said before).The female was simply saved from Kurono's attack because she held Akira's head, the other vamp simply danced around him, but Kei was suitless so....

The 3 sadists are lame and simply deserved to die.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member bumbari19's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

does anybody know who the two samurais represent? i'd like to know who they are (especially the horned, one) . i've read a little the story of momotaro (one of the three nerds calls the one with the high positioned eyebrows like that) and i've also seen a few pictures of momotaro, but i don't think it's him who is represented. any kind of informations are welcome!!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kaliayev's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GAT-X252 View Post
    Its the same if you are competent with the suit or not in a situation like that...those swords can cut an active suit.
    I'll agree that the suit provides a great deal of protection to even a novice, but I still say that the suit can offer far better protection the more skilled you are with it. I remember several times the suit was able to defend against incredible power. For example, in the Buddha mission, Kei, while supercharging his suit, was able to block Rowdy's (or the other giant) attack and Takeshi took a lot of hits while his suit was supercharged. At the same time, Kei's arm was cut off in the same mission and several others were cut into pieces. The sniper and Kei's first "girlfriend" were both killed by the laser. This problem could be specifically related to "cutting" attacks. However, I wanna argue that the suits are more powerful than that. All of the powerful attacks that ultimately rendered the suits useless in the missions were unexpected so the victim wasn't supercharged, or the victim wasn't able to supercharge. I can't remember whether Kei was supercharged or "pumped" during the time, but on his solo mission, his arms were being ripped apart but the aliens were ultimately only to rip off that portion of the suit. I want to say that if a person were supercharged (or even just slightly charged up) during a fight against that samurai, then the sword wouldn't cut through the suit that easily. Since we've seen most of the Tokyo members supercharged at some point, one of them could defeat the samurai.

Another thing I find interesting is the fact that Osaka team displays more unity than the current Tokyo team, even though they see it as a game rather than a fight for one's life.

Quote Originally Posted by thegenius View Post
    Well...One(vamp) of them has to survive, we really hold no info on the vampires and why they're sworn enemies of the Gantzers. I think the female will die from the hands of an alien and the Host Samurai will join the cause, he is too skillfull to die(like said before).
    I agree that host-samurai will end up joining their side, though I don't agree that she has to die for it to happen. If she did, his revenge would be satisfied by simply killing the alien responsible, rather than their entire species. There's definitely foreshadowing to the idea that the two will fall in love given that lame conversation about reactions to loss and their random flirting. Rather than having her die, I get the impression that he's gonna end up wanting to protect her. I predict that, at some point, host-samurai will be too busy to protect her himself. One of the Gantzers, preferably Katou's latest fangirl since his romantic interests seem to die tragically and because she'll want to emulate Katou, will bite the bullet for her and he'll join up to either repay the debt or help her chances of surviving the war.
    Last edited by kaliayev; July 17, 2007 at 05:56 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Fujairah
    Post Thanks / Like

good to see one of those guys chopped

Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member HisshouBuraiKen's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bumbari19 View Post
    does anybody know who the two samurais represent? i'd like to know who they are (especially the horned, one) . i've read a little the story of momotaro (one of the three nerds calls the one with the high positioned eyebrows like that) and i've also seen a few pictures of momotaro, but i don't think it's him who is represented. any kind of informations are welcome!!
    They don't represent anything specific, but their faces are based on Noh masks.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noh

The guy (w/horns) represents the masks used for ghosts and vengeful spirits, while the "girl" (who is likely a male judging from the robe falling off; Noh actors were and are almost ALL men) simply represents a normal woman.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member GAT-X252's Avatar
    Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    The 3 sadists are lame and simply deserved to die.
    I wonder if the S is for "Sadists" or for "Stooges"...XD

The name of that horned Yokai could be "Hannya"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hannya

The soul of a tormented women, they are Noh masks like HisshouBuraiKen says..

I couldnt find the other one, because there are many Yokais who share the same face..XD

Artists of MH 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TheGenius's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GAT-X252 View Post
    I wonder if the S is for "Sadists" or for "Stooges"...XD
    Haha!!!

From what we've seen, Oku likes historical fictional characters. Who's next?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the Hannya yokai looks really cool. I would like these group of yokai and vamps to kill off half of the Osaka team. There is just too many characters right now and they are all quite stereotypically arrogant. That dilutes the storytelling. Wipe them out! Yeah!

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

yeah, that's right: too many characters. but oku has already shown that he can kill one entire team in one mission (the creepy buddhist statues). now that was a crazy mission... all the old characters but kei wiped out. i can only hope he decimates them again.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ssjasper2003's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Lol, sadists better get owned. Man the guys remind me of those biker gang except the leader of the gang. Total idiots thinking they are better but one gets their head blown off by nishi lol.

Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bumbari19 View Post
    yeah, that's right: too many characters. but oku has already shown that he can kill one entire team in one mission (the creepy buddhist statues). now that was a crazy mission... all the old characters but kei wiped out. i can only hope he decimates them again.
    dont just dont,remind me that mission,it was the worst mission for me.

ssjasper2003
    Quote Quote:
    sadists better get owned. Man the guys remind me of those biker gang except the leader of the gang. Total idiots thinking they are better but one gets their head blown off by nishi lol.
    man they dont even look like that biker gang,the Sadists are way better and smarter,and more usefull,that biker gang was ridicilous,useless,cant believe grown man beein scared and putting all da presure on Kei,but anyway he killed them and those got what they deserved anyway,but my point the groups dont look alike at all.
    Last edited by 2ndKurono; July 20, 2007 at 08:32 AM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The point isn't how the bikers and sadists look, the point is that they have the same attitudes. Sure they survived longer than the bikers, but that doesn't mean that they're not too overconfident. They are a waste because they view it too much as a game and not enough as a mission, and there skills are lacking compared to even the Tokyo team, besides Mr. Too Cool to Train.

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Marmoset View Post
    ...and there skills are lacking compared to even the Tokyo team, besides Mr. Too Cool to Train.
    i think we begin to underestimate the tokyo team. i admit, the osaka team has got a lot more experience than the tokyo team. but from the actual tokyo hunters there are 4 guys who completed already once (baldy, kaze, sakata and reika) and that only partecipating in 3 missions: the kappe-dinosaur mission (with bare hands or frontal lobe for the psychics), the ring mission and the oni mission (the tae mission doesn't really count, because, honestly speaking, tae wasn't a real danger and izumi got all the points anyway). kei was a big help here because he organized and trained the group. it's not the osaka team who is stronger, it's only the fact that they're "playing the game" a few months longer than the others. in the osaka team there are only 4-5 hunters who are as strong or stronger then katou or kei. the rest hasn't shown a lot of skills till now. i mean it's not difficult to kill aliens only with the supergun or the motorcycle and make 100 points like that.

Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

^now thats true,it may even be that Tokyo is better,but they are missing two of the four strongest guys.The point is that the Tokyo team has a reason to fight while Osaka not they only go for theyre adrenaline rush while Tokyo team,fight for someone else and thats what makes them stronger.U saw waht Kurono did to the Oni boss.

and when does 254 come out?
    Last edited by 2ndKurono; July 21, 2007 at 07:08 PM.

New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast