Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Gantz 253 Discussion/254 Prediction Thread

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gantz 253 Discussion/254 Prediction Thread

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndKurono View Post
    and when does 254 come out?
    it is allredy out but someone has to scan it ....

by the way ... i think that couse vamps are humans infected with nano mahines, wich change body but not mind Gantz ball is still considering them same as rest of gantz team. This would explain why there weren't any missions to sliminate them.

"Momotaro" aliens and vamps will kill both remaining S guys, with boldy finished by vamps. Next Osaka girls will apear with one of stronger ones ex. Junky boy, "Black heroe" or Sexist.
    Gues someone will find out that vamps are with tokyo team in the mean time "Glassed ESP boy" will apear somwere near them , and get killed by Osaka wich will stir up Tokyo guys.

Guess mission when mission end's there will be aditional points for Osaka gantzers ;p
    Last edited by Uruner Red; July 27, 2007 at 12:20 PM. Reason: repearing bad quoting

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Sheard's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I share a lot of Muddtoad's opinion here. (The post isn't that far above this one.) Writing an email to Oku just to complain that he's taking too long will just piss him off, especially for those of us who don't read Japanese and are in countries where the first volume hasn't even been published yet.

If you look at Bleach in comparison - The art is nice in the beginning but it starts to get bad at some point. I mean bad to the point of looking like rough sketches or scribbles. It's very disappointing to look at and makes me not want to read that series knowing the way the art is going to go.

Part of what makes GANTZ so great is it's art, and I'd perfer that Oku take his time to maintain a high level of quality and not do a rush job just to toss something out fast.

Nishi is psychotic love <3
    website - deviantart

Artists of MH 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TheGenius's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndKurono View Post
    ^man whats up with?OKu is definantly realy slow and we need to complain about it,man Naruto released its best chapter and Gantz doesnt,i dont want to say this but when Gantz releases a chapter in two weeks Naruto becomes for me more intresting,and thas what i dont want to happen.Any one know how to contact Oku>?
    Doing manga is quite complicated and his process is even more.
    He has to write the story.
    He as do do all characters in ruff.
    Then do them in CG.
    Then do all the background in CG.
    After redraw characters over the CG.

Kinda long!

Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

yeah,yeah for us it would be hard but for him it shouldnt i think.How much manga does Oku does,as far i know he has two Gantz and Blame.And i dont think he does the manga alone in his bedroom.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Oku did not make Blame....He currently works on two Mangas: Me-teru no Kimochi and Gantz. He's completed two other series as well. He does have help with the CG work, but in all, he still does A LOT of work. The amount of detail included in drawing the backgrounds and lively environments he makes takes the most time. It's hard to make drawings come to life like Oku can. Rushing it would taint the quality of his drawings.

Also you have to think of "unforseen" circumstances. It may not always be Oku's fault for a delayed release. Each chapter is released in a magazine. So it may very well be Oku completes his chapter but is a day past the deadline given by the magzine and they don't publish it. So we wait an extra week even though Oku is done. Or maybe they have a full release that week and choose not to publish it? There are so many unforseen things that may happen. Maybe someone doing the CG screwed up which might cause missing a deadline. It's easy to blame Oku, but it may not always be his fault.

Even if it is always his fault....it is worth the wait. I just hope that he never quits making Gantz or makes an abrupt ending to finish off the series. Be glad of what he has created and that he is still making it. Keep in mind Mangakas are usually older and have a family and life of their own. So don't blame them for not appeasing you. Thank them, not insult them.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Nihei Tsutomu created BLAME! not Oku.

Remember this is a discussion/prediction thread, not an agony thread, nor is it a Naruto vs Gantz or Bleach vs Gantz thread.

Please remember this or the thread will have to be locked.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Grin Re: Gantz 253 Discussion/254 Prediction Thread

Quote Originally Posted by bumbari19 View Post
    it will come out on 26/7/2007

anyway i think i figured out how the second alien is called: according to this italian page it's called yasenoonna, another noh mask. but apart from the obvious fact that she's a smiling girl, nothing is revealed about her, neither she's drawn in the comic of the authors page. i'll give you the link anyway:

http://www.draconico.com/comics_hannya.htm
    hi guys this is the full translation of the page, enjoy:

picture: 3 japanese mask which are well known to the west: yasenoonna(smiling girl), han`nya(female demon), military samurai mask.

"Yugen no`" , which means no` of the dream, is a traditional japanese drama full of symbolisms and acted with rich costumes and wonderfully characterized mask.
    "Han'nya" is the name for the mask of the avenging female spirit.
    But "Han'nya" is even the name for the sutra buddhist of the heart. tricks of a fascinating language like the japanese one.
    This manga is a tribute to the theater No`, It remembers of it the structure and the theme: the monk journey, the meeting with a village native telling the story of the place, the demon revelation(climax), the demon-spirit redemption through the monk pity.
    Every drama "Yugen No`" ends with the monk awakening asking himself if what he witnessed was real or just a dream.

Han'nya" is realized in graphite, paged up with CG, created during my FABBRIC stage.
    I hope i was able to infuse the atmosphere of dreams that this ancient japanese theatrical art creates!

intresting well done who found it!

gantz get released really slow but i wouldn t trade quality for quicker realease! it s the best manga out at the mo`!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alxmon View Post
    gantz get released really slow but i wouldn t trade quality for quicker realease! it s the best manga out at the mo`!
    Yeah, but I wish that there was more content. some of the chapters seem to just be filler until he figures out what happens next.

By the way, has anyone started scanning yet?

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Marmoset View Post
    Yeah, but I wish that there was more content. some of the chapters seem to just be filler until he figures out what happens next.

By the way, has anyone started scanning yet?
    Yah, since the arrest in Japan, it has been longer, before we use to have it before it realeased! It scared them I think.

Well fillers are a important part of manga, even Monster had some!(movie got picked up by New Line but this is not the right thread! oups...) Fillers help deepen some characters or provide comic relief in a very stressful manga that Gantz is. Don't you guys think so? Also in Gantz it helps get rid of unwanted characters such as, Tae(despised her), the 3 sadists and many other...

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

That's not exactly what I meant. I meant that the last one seemed knid of useless. There wasn't really anything new that happened and there wasn't any action until the very end. I know that filler usually helps flesh out characters and try to progress the story, but this one was lacking a lot. What were we supposed to find out? Aliens act weird? The blonde vampire is pretty much emotionless? How is any of that new information to the storyline? The only thing that really progressed it was when the sadists started fighting. It showed that the next one will have more action, hopefully.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Marmoset View Post
    The blonde vampire is pretty much emotionless? How is any of that new information to the storyline? The only thing that really progressed it was when the sadists started fighting. It showed that the next one will have more action, hopefully.
    I see, I understand your point.
    The only fillers that really kills me are in anime, that makes me sick! All that production money wasted!(even though it's necessary...)

Hope so, we're supposed to have news of 254 pretty soon.But he could easily switch the plot line back to Tokyo team!(To keep the very funny suspense of the 3S dying!) That would be a little more interesting also, we know that the 3S will die why waste our time no?

Quote Originally Posted by alxmon View Post
    hi guys gantz get released really slow but i wouldn t trade quality for quicker realease! it s the best manga out at the mo`!
    Hey alxmon nice to see that you'ved joined the bigger thread! Thanks for the italian translation!!
    Last edited by TheGenius; July 30, 2007 at 11:26 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member GAT-X252's Avatar
    Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, you can see the Spoilers XD.

I dont recommend you to do that, but if you cant wait longer.

Its very bad that we have to wait so many days, i remember the days when the chapters went out even before thursday.

But well...we cant do anything, just wait..

New Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4