Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 761 by cnet128 , Bleach 597 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Gantz 253 Discussion/254 Prediction Thread

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member bax's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Gantz 253 Discussion/254 Prediction Thread

The latest chapter is out guys!! Get it HERE!!!

Now, fee; free to throw out your thoughts about the chapter here, discuss it!! Oh yesh, please do predict what will happened in chapter 254 too

Just remember, no spamming allowed ^^

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member GAT-X252's Avatar
    Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gantz 253 Discussion/254 Prediction Thread

It was a good chapter..

Those Yokai are very strong(and tall), it seems that they are only playing with the vampires, and in some moment, they would try to kill them.

Their swords can cut the suit, just like the claws of Ami-Kiri, i knew that they would be powerful..XD

I wonder if Oka would fight a very good match, because these "Trio" is very bad using the Gantz swords..he would be the indicated person, to beat at last one of them.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ssjasper2003's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I cant wait for a translation so I can know exactly what they are saying without trying to make it out by the pictures lol.

Im gonna say that the other 2 "sadists" will run away after seeing their buddy get sliced even with the suit on. The alien must be really strong to cut them with a sword cause even with the guns it takes a couple of hits before it looses its purpose of saving you.

Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

Not exactly..

The Gantz Suit didnt went bad, that sword can cut the suit without making it bad first..

Just like Ami-Kiri (the claws Yokai) and the Kannon of One Thousand arms(his swords..)

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ssjasper2003's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Thats not what I meant, I meant that even with the suit & that they got sliced up with only 1 slash proves how strong the aliens are.

Also anyone wonder why the vampires didnt get killed when they talked to the aliens? If you think about it, they are trying to stay alive( buddha mission) so why dont they just kill them instead of talking & leaving?

Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Thats not what I meant, I meant that even with the suit & that they got sliced up with only 1 slash proves how strong the aliens are.
    Oh, i see...sorry.

Maybe these two Yokai want to play a little with the vampires, That Happy Yokai is saying "Baka, Baka, Baka.." every time..XD, Baka means fool or idiot.

Or maybe they know that they are on the "Aliens" side.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ikuroi's Avatar
    Country
    Antarctica
    Post Thanks / Like

Not much of a real conversation they having, one wants their katana and the other one calls them smelly, he tries to cut him... but i guess he cant with blondies own katana. anyway the other vampire chick doesnt understand their own action if i got it right... aww anyway, most of this are me guessing.

Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

He didnt wanted to kill the white hair vampire.

He just make a slash in the air, to test the sword..

He(the horned one) said that it was a good sword..

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not surprised that the sadists are the first Osaka guys to get outmatched. Those guys are complete idiots.

Can't wait for the next couple of chapters now. If these two alien/demons are strong enough to cut through an active suit, I can't wait to see what the boss is like in action.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member bumbari19's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

yeah, funny chapter. finally another dead gantzer!!! i guess the other two duels will be 2nd samurai vs one of the three N (N like nerd) and the other N will fight against the vampires.
    though on the last picture you can see a light behind the joker (i think he looks a little like villain from batman). i didn't figure out if it was a regular street light or perhaps a sniper rifle (from nishi or mr 7 perhaps... ). would be a cool scene.
    the other thing i noted is: the samurais often repeat more then twice what they say.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kaliayev's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

*Sniff*

I was hoping for a little more development in this one. I don't really get the impression that the samurai yokai are as strong as they seem. The "sadists" are clearly the worst members left on the Osaka team (excluding old couple, chick with hots for Katou, and little boy). As we saw earlier, they were getting their asses kicked by the same alien that Katou took down by himself. I'm not even sure they really knew how to use the suit properly. Given their poor sword skills (if you got an extendo sword, you need to attack from a distance or actually make it difficult for your opponent to block/dodge), I'd say they didn't. They probably never had to deal with any real aliens in their previous missions since they always had time to "play" with their enemies. I'd say that the 7xer just let everyone use the bonus weapons, which made these guys especially cocky. They've also only cleared the game once, as opposed to the three time min of the rest of the Osaka team. I'd expect the rest of the Osaka team to be competent with the suits, but you never know, they could be just as inexperience as the "sadists". On that note, I'm gonna go ahead and say that most members of the Tokyo team could take that samurai yokai on in a duel, even though they work as a team.

I'm betting that host-samurai is more powerful than some of the bosses in this stage. In the oni mission, he seemed to be taunting the lightning badass, which would suggest that he was stronger than said badass. He knew exactly who Izumi was when they encountered one another after the dinosaur mission (not sure if they'll ever clear that up) and knew exactly where to strike the Gantz suits, which also makes me think he's been around the longest. Against Kei, he dodged the artificial sun light, which means he's pretty freaking fast since Kei only had to move his wrist to hit him. He also dodged/countered all the attacks that the Tokyo team used against him after Kei died. I'm also curious what role this weapon summoning power will play in the future since I doubt katanas are the only things that can grow out of their hands. Even so, I'm not really sure what the samurai aliens plan to do. My bet is that they see the vamps as temporary allies, who will help kill as many Gantzers as possible and who can be dealt with later, even though host-samurai could kick their asses.

I'm also gonna predict that the 7xer is between Kei and Izumi's skill level and that he had a hell of a lot more time in Gantz (In the end, I think that Kei accumulated 200+ points, including the deleted ones [he'd probably have closer to 300 if we included the short, winged dudes that he managed to kill], in a span of 7 or 8 missions, with very few enemies in some of them).

In terms of why, I'm going to say the Gantz is trying to illustrate something for the Gantzers. Kei was pretty much the only member of the Dinosaur-Oni Tokyo team that wanted to save as many innocents as possible. The only reason that people tried to defend Tae was because of Kei's status in the team. Meanwhile, we have the Osaka team that would just as soon kill a human as an alien, meaning they don't give a shit. The Tokyo team decides to abandon the people, and possibly Kei, with the exception of Katou. As Izumi said, Gantz is preparing for the next level of warfare, one that will publicly pit humans against aliens. In doing so, he probably wants to limit the casualties, or for the more cynical among us, he needs the strongest around. As the manga has demonstrated many times, Gantzers are their strongest when trying to defend others. Thus, he will need a team that serves to protect the people rather than douchebags with guns and serious sexual problems. Katou, the shining light of selflessness, who was able to convert Katou to a decent human being, is the man needed to create that team by combining the best elements of both teams.

Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

this chapter was aight,finnaly sadists are going down,i dont know why but i like the Vampires,but i think at the end the Vampires will kill them,cause they will get theyre points erased if there will be some left.And thats not good for them.And i think that a guy like George would kill that long dude.The Vamps have no emotions whatssoever.

Quote Quote:
    In terms of why, I'm going to say the Gantz is trying to illustrate something for the Gantzers. Kei was pretty much the only member of the Dinosaur-Oni Tokyo team that wanted to save as many innocents as possible. The only reason that people tried to defend Tae was because of Kei's status in the team. Meanwhile, we have the Osaka team that would just as soon kill a human as an alien, meaning they don't give a shit. The Tokyo team decides to abandon the people, and possibly Kei, with the exception of Katou. As Izumi said, Gantz is preparing for the next level of warfare, one that will publicly pit humans against aliens. In doing so, he probably wants to limit the casualties, or for the more cynical among us, he needs the strongest around. As the manga has demonstrated many times, Gantzers are their strongest when trying to defend others. Thus, he will need a team that serves to protect the people rather than douchebags with guns and serious sexual problems. Katou, the shining light of selflessness, who was able to convert Katou to a decent human being, is the man needed to create that team by combining the best elements of both teams.
    thats right and if the Tokyo team wants to go far,Katou wont do it all alone,he needs Kurono and Izumi so Gantz u should revive them.
    Last edited by 2ndKurono; July 16, 2007 at 06:32 AM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member bumbari19's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

lol, i've just read the scanlation. the two aliens are some real awkward freaks and they've got a funny sense of humour. they kinda remind me beavis & butthead (specially the one without horns). but their skills are not bad at all. it was a good idea to confront the three nerds instead of the vampires with the aliens. I WANT TO SEE A MASSACRE NEXT TIME, PLEEEEEEASE!!!

Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    i didn't figure out if it was a regular street light or perhaps a sniper rifle
    No, is only a light, that city is full of those lights, see page 20 and you would find like 5 of them.

The last words of Susumu were pretty funny "special move.." XD..

Quote Quote:
    I'd expect the rest of the Osaka team to be competent with the suits
    Its the same if you are competent with the suit or not in a situation like that...those swords can cut an active suit.

Wow, what a big message.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kaliayev View Post
    * I'm also curious what role this weapon summoning power will play in the future since I doubt katanas are the only things that can grow out of their hands.
    They can pull out all kinds of guns, too.

You know, the more I think about it, I wouldn't be surprised if the vamps die on this mission. Sure these two sub bosses said they wouldn't fight them, but didn't that bigger guy say that if he sees them, they're fair game? Plus, the aliens would have to kill all of the Gantzers anyway, and the vamps are Gantzers.

New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast