Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply

Thread: Ikkaku stronger than Captain Hitsugaya?

Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ikkaku stronger than Captain Hitsugaya?

The title basically says everything I am asking, but I will give a few points which may support the claim that Ikkaku is stronger than Hitsugaya. These points will basically be from the gillian arrancar fight from when Grimmjow first came to Earth.

1. Ikkaku's bankai VS Hitsugaya's bankai
    -Hitsugaya's bankai seems to be a little too much for him. Although, it does have the potential to be a powerful technique, Hitsugaya cannot hold it for long and it seems that he needs a while to properly strengthen this technique (like in his fight against Luppi).
    -Ikkaku's bankai, on the other hand, seems to be more developed. Although, some may say Ikkaku's bankai also takes time to properly strengthen. However, it strengthens during the course of battle and if the circumstances doesn't allow for a lot of clashing of the zanpakutos, then Ikkaku can slash himself like he demonstrated. Furthermore, it seems like Ikkaku has mastered his bankai, as he is jumping all over the place with it considering that it's like 3x his size.

2. Ikkaku's arrancar battle VS Hitsugaya's arrancar battle
    -Hitsugaya had a lot of trouble with his gillian arrancar opponent. He relied heavily on the limit release (Yes w/o it he's only at 20% power, but I'll get to the point soon). Even with his bankai, it seemed that even the arrancar's non-released form was giving him problems.
    -Ikkaku, on the other hand, defeated his opponent without the limit release. Now, that's impressive how he's able to defeat a gillian arrancar at 20% of his power. He also endured a direct attack from the full released arrancar and utterly ripped the released arrancar with one strike from his bankai
    -Albeit we don't know if Hitsugaya's opponent has the same strength as Ikkaku's opponent, but we do know that Ikkaku was playing around with his opponent for the most part. Furthermore, the reaitsu gap between those two arrancar cannot be that big as they are both gillian arrancar underlings and Ikkaku's opponent seemed to have a destructive power. Anyway, we still have to remember that Ikkaku won with 1/5 of his power.

3. Ikkaku's fighting nature VS Hitsugaya's fighting nature
    -Now, I will not hesitate to say that Hitsugaya is probably more intelligent battle-wise than Ikkaku. Ikkaku takes after Kenpachi and their battle nature is to fight for fun and not be serious. Hitsugaya, on the other hand, analyzes the situation and tries to find the best outcome in addition to making sure to keep his comrades safe. This point actually further Ikkaku in this argument as Ikkaku is still performing better than Hitsugaya even when he's playing around.

Now, doesn't that say something? What do you guys think?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ikkaku stronger than Captain Hitsugaya?

Quote Originally Posted by PredatorNar View Post
    -Ikkaku, on the other hand, defeated his opponent without the limit release. Now, that's impressive how he's able to defeat a gillian arrancar at 20% of his power.
    Ikkaku was at full strength the whole time. Only Captains and Vice-Captains have limits placed on them. (Only Hitsugaya, Matsumoto, and Renji had to "Lift the Limit")

However, it's still a valid point that you're making. I think I remember Hitsugaya stating that if he hadn't had his limit lifted the whole time, he might not have won. (Shawlong was caught off guard/taken by surprise.), although that may need verification.

Either way, Ikkaku never had a limit.

Oh, hello there.

Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EbbFlowe View Post
    Ikkaku was at full strength the whole time. Only Captains and Vice-Captains have limits placed on them. (Only Hitsugaya, Matsumoto, and Renji had to "Lift the Limit")

However, it's still a valid point that you're making. I think I remember Hitsugaya stating that if he hadn't had his limit lifted the whole time, he might not have won. (Shawlong was caught off guard/taken by surprise.), although that may need verification.

Either way, Ikkaku never had a limit.
    Oh, so he didn't have a limit, well my mistake. Just scratch that part out of my analysis. However, it wasn't Hitsugaya who said he might not have won. It was Renji who said that about his own opponent, because Renji sucks :P

Dearly Missed ;__; MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Country
    Venezuela
    Post Thanks / Like

This one i clearly got to say:
    Hitsugaya is stronger.

While Hitsugaya might have a timelimit, when he can go full out from the beginning he would pretty easily (compared to Ikkaku) win against the gillian-arrancar....
    Ikkaku was near dead while being able to go full out, while Hitsugaya had the restriction-problem...

That's the most recent comparison for their powers that we have, so i go by that one...

to sum it up:
    While Hitsugaya would have not a 1sec-win in a fight against Ikkaku he would still win against Ikkaku in a battle.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member _ATMA's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

idk it might be a close draw if u look at it, ikakkue has alot more battle experience then Hitsugaya at least this is what i believe because of his really young age it depends on how a fight between the two of them might develop but i think they are pretty equal depending on the situation
    If Nissan Motorsports is NISMO, does that make Honda Motorsports HOMO?

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't forget that they've asked Ikakku to take a higher ranking position after they lost two captains and a vice captain. He also only stays in his numbered seat so he can serve under Kenpachi. He obviously knew bankai before Renji did, that's why Renji asked him for help in training right? *I remember a flash back stating that...correct me if I am mistaken though* Bankai was a sign of being competent and is also used to enter the rank of Captain right?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sky_1185 View Post
    Don't forget that they've asked Ikakku to take a higher ranking position after they lost two captains and a vice captain. He also only stays in his numbered seat so he can serve under Kenpachi. He obviously knew bankai before Renji did, that's why Renji asked him for help in training right? *I remember a flash back stating that...correct me if I am mistaken though* Bankai was a sign of being competent and is also used to enter the rank of Captain right?
    Not neccessarily, many Vice-Captains don't know how to achieve Bankai, making Renji a rarity of sorts. This makes Ikkaku exceptionally unique as well.

Bankai is a sign of power, but not having one doesn't rule you out from being Captain level (Kenpachi), or Vice Captain either. You don't see anybody asking Ichigo to be a captain, even though he kicked a lot of butt lol...(Then again, it's probably because he's a "ryoka", not a true Shinigami)

Oh, hello there.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member _ATMA's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sky_1185 View Post
    He obviously knew bankai before Renji did, that's why Renji asked him for help in training right?
    this was a filler that only apeared in the anime this was never stated in the manga it was added to give some of the characters more of a backstory
    If Nissan Motorsports is NISMO, does that make Honda Motorsports HOMO?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

no, Renji learned that Ikkaku had acheived Bankai while Renji was in 11th Squad. The only ones who know about Ikkaku's Bankai is Renji and Yumichika. See Ch 206 Pg 13

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Paz42's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

i think Ikkaku is one of thoose charcters hes really strong but hes stubborn in his fighting style no matter what the situation he will always fight the same way with his life on the line think about it if he got into a situation he knew he couldnt win he would still try his best and loose his life but he wouldnt care as he had come to the point where he could go no further but imagine if he had used his bankai against ichigo what would have gone down there i dont think the series would still be here lol but i love Ikkaku hes my fave shinigami

Where as Hitsugaya is a genius this has been said a number of times he has the most powerful ice Zanpaktou he can come up with some really brilliant stratagies but because of his age i think he can Let his emotions get the better of him such as when i instantly called out his bankai against Aizen i also like Hitsugaya hes a cool charcter but i still think Ikkaku is the stronger of the two in a physical fight any way

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

To be honest, I think that most of the 11th squad could be stronger than Hitsugaya. I remember at one point Yumichika commenting that the only reason he was rank 5 in the squad was because that was the most beautiful number after 3, and as 3 was Ikkaku's number, he just went with 5. He kind of implied he was stronger than Ikkaku, and he is all ready aware that Ikkaku has bankai. Although Yumichika doesn't have bankai himself, he appears to be getting there.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member lilkwarrior's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Sure, the 11th Squad got some strong Shinigami, I admit that but Hitsugaya is stronger than Ikkaku. As with any bankai, they both have flaws and weaknesses, let alone personality traits & flaws. Hitsugaya, and his personality lets anger & emotions overcome him, but it's not like Ichigo's, if you remember the Grand Fisher fight or even recently the Ulqiorra fight; he doesn't become overly stubborn like Ichigo, but it's still quite evident. Hitsugaya also haven't really used combat Kido (has he? I don't remember, the only time I seen him even use Kido was to put a barrier on momo ) but I certainly know he's probably skilled at it, but I doubt it's in momo's calibur. His Bankai strength when there's water around, is very impressive but of course, might leave him to be pwned in say Hueco Mundo.

New Reply