Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (6/30/14 - 7/6/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 501 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 586 by BadKarma
New Reply
Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Did Ichigo's father die?

  1. #1
    Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    400
    Post Thanks / Like

    Did Ichigo's father die?

    I wonder if Isshin might of died in the past. I mean he became a Captain in the Soul Society. Even if he did get his powers similar to Ichigo's, the Soul Society wouldn't allow a human to become a captain. Furthermore, how would have he learned about the Soul Society and gotten in without being treated as a ryoka?

    So, I think he must of died in the past, developed his spiritual powers, went through the shinigami process and then become a captain by developing his bankai. Then he was exiled, so he went back to Earth, gotten a gigai (probably from Urahara) and started a new life (So Ichigo's mom can say she slept with a dead man :P).

    Another thing I want to know. If Ichigo, Chad, Orihime and Ishida die, would they go to the Soul Society and become shinigamis? I know if a dead shinigami died again, their spirit would be absorbed into the spirit/atmosphere of the Soul Society, so...

    ...Ichigo doesn't have to be as careful as Rukia and Renji because he can die and it won't be a big deal :P It could be something like...

    Grimmjow: I'M GONNA KILL YOU, SHINIGAMI!
    Ichigo: Meh, even if you do, I'll be right back, so you'll have to kill me twice

  2. #2
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity mugen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    where the dudes wear skinny jeans.
    Country
    Mexico
    Age
    24
    Posts
    2,731
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Did Ichigo's father die?

    actually it would cuz when Ichigo is in shinigami mode he dies thus no comeback unless he is in his human body .....
    click to join mangahelpers facebook group

  3. #3
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner djgernade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    13
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Did Ichigo's father die?

    Quote Originally Posted by PredatorNar View Post
    Another thing I want to know. If Ichigo, Chad, Orihime and Ishida die, would they go to the Soul Society and become shinigamis? I know if a dead shinigami died again, their spirit would be absorbed into the spirit/atmosphere of the Soul Society, so...
    well it depends on where Chad, Orihime and Ishida die. if they die in the human world they will go to soul society. But remember that in order for them to go to soul society they had to go through the converter? that means that because they went through the converter gate thingy that means that they were basically souls in soul society, so they would die and be absorbed into the atmosphere like anyone else. so if they die in the human world it would be cool, they can come back (as souls) but the real question is if they did die. would they become souls with the same powers they had when they were alive, or get regular shinigami powers hmm think about that.
    Last edited by Predator; July 18, 2007 at 07:13 AM. Reason: Fixed the quote
    Whats Wrong with me Is you...

  4. #4
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Richo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    Country
    Netherlands
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    619
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Did Ichigo's father die?

    Quote Originally Posted by PredatorNar View Post
    I wonder if Isshin might of died in the past. I mean he became a Captain in the Soul Society. Even if he did get his powers similar to Ichigo's, the Soul Society wouldn't allow a human to become a captain. Furthermore, how would have he learned about the Soul Society and gotten in without being treated as a ryoka?

    So, I think he must of died in the past, developed his spiritual powers, went through the shinigami process and then become a captain by developing his bankai. Then he was exiled, so he went back to Earth, gotten a gigai (probably from Urahara) and started a new life (So Ichigo's mom can say she slept with a dead man :P).
    isshin is already dead

    Quote Quote:
    Another thing I want to know. If Ichigo, Chad, Orihime and Ishida die, would they go to the Soul Society and become shinigamis? I know if a dead shinigami died again, their spirit would be absorbed into the spirit/atmosphere of the Soul Society, so...

    ...Ichigo doesn't have to be as careful as Rukia and Renji because he can die and it won't be a big deal :P It could be something like...

    Grimmjow: I'M GONNA KILL YOU, SHINIGAMI!
    Ichigo: Meh, even if you do, I'll be right back, so you'll have to kill me twice
    ichigo is dead already also, only difference is that he still has his human body instead of a artificial gigai. chad, inoue and ishida are still alive and if they die they will become shinigami due to their high amount of spirit powers (those transfer along to SS.
    a human has already shinigami powers, however to awaken them requires you to have high amount of spiritual energy and probably some sort of ritual to awaken youre shinigami powers (life threating situation). The way ichigo achieved his shinigami powers as a human was the latter one as being threatend to get killed.
    Last edited by Richo; July 18, 2007 at 07:10 AM.

  5. #5
    Scientist of Anthropology 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Predator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    御伽の国
    Country
    Isle of Man
    Age
    28
    Posts
    3,301
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Did Ichigo's father die?

    Quote Originally Posted by PredatorNar View Post
    I wonder if Isshin might of died in the past. I mean he became a Captain in the Soul Society. Even if he did get his powers similar to Ichigo's, the Soul Society wouldn't allow a human to become a captain. Furthermore, how would have he learned about the Soul Society and gotten in without being treated as a ryoka?

    So, I think he must of died in the past, developed his spiritual powers, went through the shinigami process and then become a captain by developing his bankai. Then he was exiled, so he went back to Earth, gotten a gigai (probably from Urahara) and started a new life (So Ichigo's mom can say she slept with a dead man :P).
    I think he's the same as Urahara at this point. Remember that Urahara developed the spirit power draining gigai still as a Captain, before leaving Soul Society. Isshin probably left together with him, same as Yoruichi. Because they're crimes weren't that serious as the one, Soul Society incriminated to Urahara, they probably were just excommunicated, not exiled. Coming to the living world, Isshin met his future wife and asked Urahara to make his humanifying gigai for him. Rukia didn't get that far, but Uraharas gigai drained all Isshin's power and made him human, without power or memories. So you can't say that he was a dead man. He had become alive again.

    Also ..... There's the King question. If Ichigo were indeed that King (as his Hollow side called him), then Isshin could as well be his personal bodyguard, literarily.
    But we have very little information about the King and his abilities, so ..... impasse ... again.

    Quote Originally Posted by PredatorNar View Post
    Another thing I want to know. If Ichigo, Chad, Orihime and Ishida die, would they go to the Soul Society and become shinigamis? I know if a dead shinigami died again, their spirit would be absorbed into the spirit/atmosphere of the Soul Society, so...
    Quote Originally Posted by djgernade View Post
    [...] but the real question is if they did die. would they become souls with the same powers they had when they were alive, or get regular shinigami powers hmm think about that.
    That we don't know for sure. We still don't know the origin of Inoue rejection powers. And Chad has Hollow powers for all we know ...... he might even go straight to Vizard, if he became a Shinigami. Or he might instantly lose to his Hollow powers and turn into Hollow form as soon as he'd die.
    There's still several factors to find out at this point.

  6. #6
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member lilkwarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Country
    United States
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    119
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Did Ichigo's father die?

    Quote Originally Posted by PredatorNar View Post
    I
    Grimmjow: I'M GONNA KILL YOU, SHINIGAMI!
    Ichigo: Meh, even if you do, I'll be right back, so you'll have to kill me twice
    Ichigo doesn't want to say such thing now, he's only 15 years now, and he's a virgin
    That would make me think twice of dying.... I would want the good things of real life before dying...

  7. #7
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Neuroff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Country
    United States
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,231
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Did Ichigo's father die?

    None of them would be able to go to Soul Society if they were killed in Hueco Mundo. It's pretty much guaranteed that their souls will be eaten.

  8. #8
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member lilkwarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Country
    United States
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    119
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Did Ichigo's father die?

    In Hueco Mundo that's certain, but in other places like Soul Society would be a question mark...

  9. #9
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Neuroff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Country
    United States
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,231
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Did Ichigo's father die?

    The humans may be able to stay in Soul Society because they are actually converting their bodies into soul form. Their souls could still be inside, but I wouldn't count on it. However, Ichigo would definitely be gone if he died as a shinigami. Shinigami can send souls who have left their bodies to Soul Society. Ichigo is already a soul that has left its body. When he is killed, he no longer has a soul.

  10. #10
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Richo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    Country
    Netherlands
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    619
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Did Ichigo's father die?

    Quote Originally Posted by Neuroff View Post
    The humans may be able to stay in Soul Society because they are actually converting their bodies into soul form. Their souls could still be inside, but I wouldn't count on it. However, Ichigo would definitely be gone if he died as a shinigami. Shinigami can send souls who have left their bodies to Soul Society. Ichigo is already a soul that has left its body. When he is killed, he no longer has a soul.
    i do recall that when a soul dies (shinigami, hollow or just a normal soul) he will be reborn into a human (a soul lives for 1000 years in SS and then will be reborn into the living world)....

  11. #11
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner MercX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Middle of Nowhere
    Country
    United States
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Did Ichigo's father die?

    Quote Originally Posted by Predator View Post
    Also ..... There's the King question. If Ichigo were indeed that King (as his Hollow side called him), then Isshin could as well be his personal bodyguard, literarily.
    But we have very little information about the King and his abilities, so ..... impasse ... again.
    The whole king thing is a figure of speach
    it doesnt mean hes the king of SS
    it just means the king rides the horse
    so basicaly ichigo is shiroski and zangetsu's jockey
    Step Forward and Destroy, Holzar

  12. #12
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Neuroff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Country
    United States
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,231
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Did Ichigo's father die?

    Quote Originally Posted by Richo View Post
    i do recall that when a soul dies (shinigami, hollow or just a normal soul) he will be reborn into a human (a soul lives for 1000 years in SS and then will be reborn into the living world)....
    The only thing that is said about souls being reborn as humans is that the souls who live in Rukongai are reborn as humans. These are not shinigami. Hollows who die are not immediately reborn as humans, they are sent to soul society.

  13. #13
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Richo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    Country
    Netherlands
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    619
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Did Ichigo's father die?

    Quote Originally Posted by Neuroff View Post
    The only thing that is said about souls being reborn as humans is that the souls who live in Rukongai are reborn as humans. These are not shinigami. Hollows who die are not immediately reborn as humans, they are sent to soul society.
    this is true, however why should a shinigami who dies not be reborn in the living world? shinigami are nothing more then souls with high spiritpower who protect the lesser powerfull souls.

  14. #14
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Neuroff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Country
    United States
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,231
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Did Ichigo's father die?

    Quote Originally Posted by Richo View Post
    this is true, however why should a shinigami who dies not be reborn in the living world? shinigami are nothing more then souls with high spiritpower who protect the lesser powerfull souls.
    I would bet that there's a process similar to soul burial that sends a soul back to the real world. Remember that souls don't automatically get sent to Soul Society, they have to be sent there by a shinigami after death. If a soul dies, there is nothing left to send.

New Reply

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts