Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 502 by kewl0210 , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply
Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Sket Dance by Shinohara Kenta

Negative Syndicate

Re: Sket Dance by Shinohara Kenta

Quote Originally Posted by protomelvin View Post
    If I knew where to find raws, I would catch up and discuss, but all I've ever found are Chinese scans, and I can't read those ^^;;
    There are lots of place to find raws for Sket Dance, but you basically have to download all other Jump series because all of the series are combined together with one file.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I've found some of those, but they're big files and I don't really need to read most of the other series ^^;;

Negative Syndicate

Quote Originally Posted by protomelvin View Post
    Yeah, I've found some of those, but they're big files and I don't really need to read most of the other series ^^;;
    Well, if you want really want to read Sket Dance raw, then you have to download all Jump series. Plus, you can just delete all series except Sket Dance after you download them.

Artists of MH 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Gintara's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shukketsumaru View Post
    Yes, it was Chapter 124. It started off looking like it would be about Switch without his laptop, but shifted into said foreshadowing about Momoka's feelings and Switch ignoring those feelings. Though in that chapter it seems more like a genuine "I don't feel that way" rather than "I'll never feel that away again" but it more than works considering.
    It was also hinted in chapter 170 that Momoka had feelings when she saw Switch in the beginning. Then again, there are many minor things that lead up to a big event in Sket Dance (if you guys haven't noticed before). I'm glad to see Momoka confess, though. Now we wait for the Valentine's Monday next chapter (which means more serious Agata, etc.). It should be coming out sometime soon. ^_^

---------- Post added April 10, 2012 at 11:11 PM ---------- Previous post was April 09, 2012 at 09:08 PM ----------

Chapter 189's out!!

Honestly, I didn't think Agata would refer back to the salt a couple chapters back. And the (re)appearance of Sasuko and Kiriko!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Sojiro Agata, IQ 160.
    Sojiro Agata + little sister complex, IQ 16.0

Am I the only one slightly disappointed that he has been relegated to this position?

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Chapter 190 is utterly stupid but it made me laugh anyway....
    But the chapter end makes me fear that there will be a sequel

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

For some reason, Tsubaki is an esper who can teleport.

I hate shovel 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad that finally "misunderstood love" arc is ended. Maybe it's just me, but honestly I wish the arc has two chapters more for the conclusion. The second chapter was fun, especially during the teleport Tsubaki scene

Now we're just left behind by 35 chapters.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Switch, I also wonder how the voice actor will ad-lib that tune.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

New chapter...a new school year.
    I wonder how the series would continue after the Sket Dan graduates?

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Pirulito's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Sket Dan graduation is the deadline of the series.

Se entendeu essa frase, entre nessa bagaça

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Aww, now that just makes me sad. I'm hoping it continues past graduation. With Bossun becoming a P.I. like they said he probably would in the chapter where they discuss their futures. Introduce a Knight of Cerberus and make it like a non sci-fi version of Gintama.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member kusanagi_k's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi I'm new to this side of MH, just wandered in.
    OMG it never actually struck me that it's currently the guys' final year in Kaimei isn't it... That's...

Well yes, I can think of Genshiken, where the main characters graduated and the manga ended, but after a loong hiatus the mangaka decided to pick up where he left off, with the cast dealing with life after school, living independently, jobs, relationships...
    ...Hmm, after writing all that out, that kind of development might not be suitable for the Sket cast after all...

Or Shinohara-sensei could try to really develop (age) and follow his characters, a bit like the whole Shounan Jun'ai Gumi -> Bad Company -> GTO -> Shounan 14 Days, thing. That could keep the Sket Dance universe / serialization alive for about 20 years as well, lol!

Anyway, it's a bit depressing that the english scanlators are moving kinda slowly with Sket Dance, even though it's coming out every week(and quite popular in WSJ isn't it)... Chinese scans are fast but the humour just doesn't translate well at all (as so in Gintama) so I've been avoiding them as much as possible. But OH MAN the current arc involving
    Spoiler show
    is really making my eyes tear up...
    Last edited by kusanagi_k; August 30, 2012 at 07:21 PM.

Omaeda: Boo-yah!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Recent scanned chapter ----- Poor Bossun, that Yubaba look-a-like really tore into him on live TV.
    And yeah, a post-Kaimei Sket Dance is totally possible. I can imagine it, so if it doesn't happen, it is my duty as a professional screenwriter to create it:

Basically, he opens a private detective office, but can't bring himself to charge for help so he moonlights as Roman's assistant; hell he's so good at the creative stuff, maybe he ghost-writes a few of Momoka's songs.. Switch would be a part-timer because he plans to attend Tokyo U. Himeko sticks around because she's totally in love with Bossun. They occasionally help out the Pocket-Dan who at that point would have become Kaimei's new Sket-Dan. In his pursuit of helping people he gains an Izaya-esque nihilistic nemesis whose complete and utter diametric opposition to Bossun and his philosophy forces him to take a level in badass! Also, the Sket Dan would be forced to face the fact that real Japanese society is much more stuffy and rigid than their little school.

If this doesn't happen..."Copyright Donna Noble, add it to the list."
    Last edited by shukketsumaru; August 30, 2012 at 10:08 PM.

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    I hate shovel 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kusanagi_k View Post
    Hi I'm new to this side of MH, just wandered in.
    OMG it never actually struck me that it's currently the guys' final year in Kaimei isn't it... That's...

Well yes, I can think of Genshiken, where the main characters graduated and the manga ended, but after a loong hiatus the mangaka decided to pick up where he left off, with the cast dealing with life after school, living independently, jobs, relationships...
    ...Hmm, after writing all that out, that kind of development might not be suitable for the Sket cast after all...

Or Shinohara-sensei could try to really develop (age) and follow his characters, a bit like the whole Shounan Jun'ai Gumi -> Bad Company -> GTO -> Shounan 14 Days, thing. That could keep the Sket Dance universe / serialization alive for about 20 years as well, lol!

Anyway, it's a bit depressing that the english scanlators are moving kinda slowly with Sket Dance, even though it's coming out every week(and quite popular in WSJ isn't it)... Chinese scans are fast but the humour just doesn't translate well at all (as so in Gintama) so I've been avoiding them as much as possible. But OH MAN the current arc involving
    Spoiler show
    is really making my eyes tear up...

I think as long as Sket Dance is running, there will be no graduation for Bossun and co. I also support the idea of Sket Dance sequel even though that path maybe overused, but I just can't get enough the drama and randomness of Sket Dance. Is the Chinese scanlation keep up with the Japanese release? If so, they're so lucky. Sket Dance's scanlation is getting left behind because IIRIC, the time gap between the current group and the previous scanlation group was quite far. Sket Dance was also not really known back then.

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast