Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread: Sket Dance by Shinohara Kenta

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Crude's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sket Dance by Shinohara Kenta

Quote Originally Posted by Asarii View Post
    It's too bad that Shinohara Kenta is underrated as a writer because he's capable of writing powerful stories such as the Sket Dan's backstories and this Osaka arc.
    I don't think he's that underrated. I mean he did win the Shogakugan Award after all. Still, even though Sket's pretty popular, I don't think it gets the popularity that it so deserves.

And I can't believe I'm so behind on this series, it being one of my favourites in Jump ever since it first started. It might've actually been the first series that I've followed ever since chapter 1.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrudeCross View Post
    I don't think he's that underrated. I mean he did win the Shogakugan Award after all. Still, even though Sket's pretty popular, I don't think it gets the popularity that it so deserves.

And I can't believe I'm so behind on this series, it being one of my favourites in Jump ever since it first started. It might've actually been the first series that I've followed ever since chapter 1.
    True, he did win the Shogakukan Award; although it might be because he has won such an award that I'm not sure why Sket isn't as popular as it should/could be. It got a boost from WSJ when its anime was announced/airing, but it has never gotten a push from the magazine otherwise.

You should definitely catch up! Both in the scanlations and raws, it has never lost its appeal (for me anyway).

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

New scan!
    Poor Milky, but at least he managed one trick, I think... Was that disappearing act a real trick or Bossun simply running away when the producer's back was turned?
    Either way, he should learn his lesson, this is the third time this has happened. Wonder what it'll be the next time Shinohara reuses the same plot.

Rewriter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

So anyone knows when exactly the Switch ON arc is going to start? Just read the new scanlated chapter (Switch Alone) and thought it could be a prelude to what's coming next.

And as funny as the chapter was, I think it proves again how much Switch cares for Bossun and Himeko.
    It's such a shame that Trinity can't get the manpower to release chapters more frequently =/

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

According to the wikia it starts with chapter 241

---------- Post added April 13, 2013 at 12:13 PM ---------- Previous post was April 04, 2013 at 06:28 PM ----------

Spoiler: chapter 277 show

Artists of MH 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Gintara's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, Switch On should be coming in a couple of chapters. There's the usual chapter that comes before the arc, but I like the connections it makes to introduce the arc. Kind of like how Switch Off was done.

And two more chapters, 236 and 237, were released recently. I think we're getting back to more frequent releases now; we had some forum issues a while back that delayed some of our releases. But yeah, Switch On is coming! XD

Spoiler show

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Pirulito's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

k-dom
    Spoiler show

Se entendeu essa frase, entre nessa bagaça

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler show

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

We're finally getting to the SWITCH ON arc! I'm really excited to see how Bossun (who is not called Bossun yet) and Himeko will manage to coax Switch out of his shell.

It's jarring to see just how antisocial Switch was when he's seen interacting with many people in the present day. I'm glad he was able to find a place in the Sket Dan later on. Not only is this cyber bullying/secret webpage case a new beginning in life for him, it's probably the beginning of Switch's role as the information broker as well.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Even though this arc is supposed to be great, I feel like this flashback comes a bit out of nowhere.

Rewriter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    Even though this arc is supposed to be great, I feel like this flashback comes a bit out of nowhere.
    Well despite Bossun's backstory I never felt like there was some deep connection to the present when the flashbacks started. Like most of the time, Shinohara used a chapter to somehow connect it with the past and I'm totally fine with that.

It has barely started but I'm pretty excited for the Switch ON arc. Nothing all that special yet but I really am curious how Bossun and Himeko started to bond with Switch.

---------- Post added June 15, 2013 at 09:36 PM ---------- Previous post was May 29, 2013 at 12:43 AM ----------

Some great chapters. I honestly didn't expect Switch to be the real culprit, it only came to me after Okuyama said he isn't the real admin.
    I guess we're reaching the climax now, I really wonder how they will confront Switch and change his view so far it has been an excellent arc, really looking forward to the conclusion.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm less enthusiast than you so far the best point of the arc were the hints toward the formation of the club, the hidden website and death match didn't really appeal me. But we are only at the middle since there is still 5 other chapters so I guess the best part has yet to come.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm liking this second FB dedicated to Switch and now I'm even more curious to seewhoe Bossun got him out of his house.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I never expected Switch to be the culprit so this was unexpected for me. Hikikomori!Switch is darker and seems completely different from the present!Switch, which I guess is the point.

Spoiler: I read the raws and... show

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Asarii View Post
    I never expected Switch to be the culprit so this was unexpected for me. Hikikomori!Switch is darker and seems completely different from the present!Switch, which I guess is the point.

Spoiler: I read the raws and... show
    So in your opinion Sket Dance is really ending? that's too bad, but as you said, it will have an organic ending and won't be draqgged on too much.
    Anyway I too can wait to see the ending as you out it.

New Reply
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 LastLast