Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Thoughts on Orihime

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member gigantor21's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Your Thoughts on Orihime

A while back, way before this arc started, someone here posted a quote from Kubo that said Orihime would be very important at some point in the future. Needless to say, he damn well proved it, as Aizen told his minions that her powers “can defy the boundaries of God”. The crux of this current manga arc has been Ichigo trying to get Orihime back, unaware of just how important it is that Aizen doesn’t have her during the War. So my question is this:

Should Orihime be rescued or not?

To be frank, I think that it would be much better if she did escape with them, for a few reasons:

- I’m sick of this “damsel in distress” shit. If Orihime does stay in HM during the War, then that’s all she’s going to be good for once the Hougyoku is awakened—assuming, of course, that Aizen won’t just kill her, in the same way he tried to kill Rukia after getting it in the first place. And considering that he’d want that done ASAP, he’d probably have her do it as soon as Ichigo and Co. were gone, so it wouldn’t make sense for him to just leave her around after that.

- If she does stay there, then there will be much less room for Orihime to develop as a character, specifically in regards to her love of Ichigo. I don’t want to see her pull something in the heat of the moment after getting rescued during the War—I want to see some kind of resolution as the story progresses. I know it’s shonen practice to keep relationship avenues open, but her growth as a character is being stunted because of it.

Plus, it’s getting fucking boring to see her pine over him when he’s clearly not interested. There really isn’t anything else Kubo can do with that—so it’d be much more interesting to see what would happen if she simply accepted it and tried to move on.

- Soul Society already looks fucked as it is. Aizen, Gin and Tousen were able to manipulate all of Soul Society by themselves—throw in the Espada, their Privaron, and all the other Menos-level Hollows under their control, and they could probably invade tomorrow and kill the King.

So imagine, if you will, how strong Aizen’s forces would be if he could use the complete Hougyoku months before Soul Society was prepared. Considering that captain-level Shinigami had to lift the limit and use Bankai in one-on-one matches with Privaron, Soul Society would be severely overwhelmed by sheer numbers even WITH the Vaizards’ help. Plus, there may still be Vastorodes that haven’t been recruited yet….long story short, Soul Society needs all the time they can get, and it would take some heavy contrivance to get it if Orihime wasn’t saved.
    --------------------------------

So yeah, that’s my argument for Orihime going back. What do you guys think?
    Last edited by gigantor21; July 24, 2007 at 06:38 AM.

...WTF is Aizen smiling about? XD

Quote Originally Posted by Random YouTube Comment
    "Roses are red.
    Violets are blue.
    Omae wa mo shindeiru!"

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member lilkwarrior's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: So, Orihime Has God-Like Powers. Now What?

Orihime should be rescued with this arc or in my opinion, this whole arc was a flop. Not to forget would be a big morale blow to Ichigo and all that came to rescue their Nakama misspelled it, I know). I mean, if Orihime isn't saved, that was one waste of time for Ichigo & company.. Worse, they might later try to save her again and I won't pretend people will be pulling their hair out if that happens.. To be fair, it looks like their mission is going to fail because say Ichigo beats Grimmjow, he still got to deal with possibly Halibel and/or Noitorra, and of course Ulquiorra when he gets out his Hollow prison; with him also looking for Chad & Rukia (he won't dare just leave them behind), with also reuniting with Renji & Ishida. THe oods are practically impossible. The other espada including Stark, the Old man, and the Dark Dude can't just ignore the intruders any longer if Ichigo beats Grimmjow....

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Ayle's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Now that you mention the others.... What is going on on the Renji/Ishida side? They should have resumed the fight by now... Or maybe they ran away?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner variety927's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

well she did say she was going to destroy the Hougyoku while she was in hueco mundo buuut i seriously doubt that.

i think she should be rescued. and i think she will because im predicting that other people are going to come to hueco mundo and help ichigo...liiike the vizards..? or maybe even soul society..? i really want to see kenpachi and noitora fight

Kyubbi Naruto gave me permission to use this awesome sig

Spoiler show

OHHH! SO called that.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

^ I'm almost 100% sure that someone else will have to intervene. But if that's the case, then Kubo is going to wait until the very last minute, when it looks like everyone is going to get killed (though they have since they set foot there, really). So I doubt we'll see any reinforcements for a while.

lilikwarrior - I agree on all points. Very nice.

And that is how you spell "nakama", so don't worry.
    Last edited by gigantor21; July 21, 2007 at 06:11 PM.

"Roses are red.
    Violets are blue.
    Omae wa mo shindeiru!"

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ayle View Post
    Now that you mention the others.... What is going on on the Renji/Ishida side? They should have resumed the fight by now... Or maybe they ran away?
    That's what they should have done AFTER last chapter. It was the perfect moment to add light to that. It probably needs to be addressed in another climax of this fight; unless Kube Tito wants to leave some kind of suprise for us..

gigantor21- I also agree someone has to intervene. Thanks for the compliment by the way
    Kube Tito is almost screaming someone has to interfere. Hat n Clogs had to had some type of rescue plan for Ichigo & Company. That's the real queston mark of the whole arc is Hat n Clogs got them IN how in the world they are getting OUT?!!!

Can Hat n Clogs know who got defeated already in Hueco Mundo (Rukia & Chad)? I'm thinking no, but how would've Hat n Clogs know that Ichigo & company has saved Orihime? The only people in Ichigo's company who possibly can know how to get in & out reasonably is Rukia & Renji. The other possibility is that Vizards had a similar ability as Espada, Tousen, & Arrancar to make a dimensional rift to get out. But if Ichigo doesn't even know how to tap into common hollow powers like Cero & Bala, it's unlikey. Hat n clogs would have the common help of his assistants, but would it be a interesting moment if Isshin, Ichigo's father arrived as well?

After Hat n Clogs, another possibility for Ichigo to be rescued is the Vizard. They actually can bring back light into this arc if they were the rescuers (or one of them if they help out Hat n Clogs...) The Vizard are the only ones in my eyes that would be reasonable for calvary against the Espada & arrancar. But they are also still mysterious.. How do they know about the Crumbling Treasure? How do they know about the winter war so well? It leads to practically two-three options(or possibly four options)
    1. They have had contact with Hat n Clogs
    2. They have had contact with Aizen, either he tried to recruit them in the past or are secretly are affiliated with him.
    3) They have been in secret operation for quite some time, maybe even looking to have the crumbling treasure themselves.. Or more interesting, was involved with making the crumbling treasure themselves (Hat n Clogs old assistants/workers? Kind of how the current captain of Division 12 got many workers/assistants doing numerous things.

It makes sense because the only people that are full aware of the crumbling treasure before Aizen's betrayal was only Aizen himself & the inventor Hat n Clogs... How Shinji & the Vizard know about it, and more interesting, mention it casually as though they've been in the presence of it before or know its power so well. Looking at we don't know how long this Vizard group has been in existance, it seems that they may have a history with either Aizen or Hat n Clogs. Aizen has researched ways to destroy the limit of Shinigami for years, and if he went deep enough to find out about the crumbling treasure from Hat n Clog's old records, could have also found out about the ex-shinigami Vizard. There's so much potential of suspense, mystery, & even Treachery to make Bleach become as good
    as it was before this arc, I hope Kube Tito knows full well what's he doing or he picks up on this immediately after this arc or something... Shinji hasn't revealed how he knows all this infomation, and it was referenced that he will tell Ichigo but I don't remember fully if he said he will when the time is right or etc....

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

^ I hadn't even considered the Vaizards being associated with Aizen at some point. Part of the reason for that is because of their neutral stance on everything, based on the fact that they don't want to be associated with either side. I've always assumed that they had been in contact with Urahara, seeing as he was the only one with the know-how to help them cope with their powers. But if they were, it would certainly deepen their impact on the events of the story, especially in regards to training Ichigo. I'd love to see what Kubo would do with that angle.

A lot of people, myself included, don't think Soul Society will stand a chance without the Vaizard's help. But when you consider their hands-off nature, it would be kind of boring if it became another "United Front" situation. It would be much cooler if they only helped in order to achieve their own goals, rather than becoming a set of trump cards for Earth.
    Last edited by gigantor21; July 22, 2007 at 09:28 AM.

"Roses are red.
    Violets are blue.
    Omae wa mo shindeiru!"

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It would be interesting if Vizaid had something to do with Aizen and now wants revenge or "repent" on their decision to trust him in the beginning... But I'm guessing they know about the Crumbling Treasure by probably Hat n Clogs or heard about it when they were Shinigami.

My guess is the Vizard & their motives & goals will be revealed just in time for the Winter War
    Last edited by lilkwarrior; July 25, 2007 at 10:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impel Down's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Can't they just want to kill Aizen because he's the bad guy? Besides, they seem to live in Karakura town, and they won't want him to destroy it.
    Last edited by Ichimaru Gin n Tonic; July 26, 2007 at 04:25 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I never thought about the "Karakura Town" factor, a stupid error in my part, lol

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impel Down's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

...also, why DO they all hang out it Karakura town? The last Quincys, a captain, another captain, the Vaizard, the Bount, apparently, and it just HAPPENS to be the site of the area where the Key is needed.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Pollux's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Impel Down's made me think about Inoue and Aizen.
    So, we know that Inoue does not able heal but reject events. So why does not she reject Aizen's existence. It would be way more effective than rejecting the hougyokou to stop his plans. Ok, it's stupid but I think her powers are just too much.

Quote Quote:
    It would be interesting if Vizaid had something to do with Aizen and now wants revenge or "repent" on their decision to trust him in the beginning
    Just an idea but what if Vizards had been created because of Aizen trying to create hybrids ? You take a shinigami, Aizen manipulates him and convinces him that he can make him stronger, you hybridizes him and you have a vizard.
    After all, I don't think it has been said that the vizard has been created with the hougyokou. It would explain why they know about Aizen's plan.

Back on topic. If Inoue is not rescued, then it's all over.
    Aizen (uber powerful) + 8 Espadas + Numeros + Privaron + complete Hougyokou + Inoue (ask her to heal a cut she gives you a new arm) = apocalypse (and therefore the end of Bleach)

Moreover, I'm sick of the damsel in distress plot so I would prefer seeing her being rescued. Rescuing Inoue would help convincing the vizards to join as Inoue is Shinji's "first love"

But
    - Ichigo and Inoue are watched by Halibel and her Fraccions
    - Noitorra has been heading toward a "huge reiatsu" for something like 10 chapters
    - Chad, although not dead, is badly hurt and in the middle of the desert, and Rukia is probably still dead, lying in an Espada's lair.
    - Ishida and Renji are badly beaten but can use the time #8 gave them to run away
    So Ichigo would have to be healed then defeat Halibel and her Fraccions (then Noitorra if he finally arrives to his destination and if he was actually searching for Ichigo) while Ishida and Renji manage to rescue Rukia and Chad. Then they all go back to the place they swore to come back. Then they find a way to open a gate and leave. Or perhaps Urahara has spent the last days repeateadly opening gates in case Ichigo and Co. needed to leave...
    In any case, I will only say two words : "good luck".

So I want her to be saved (because otherwise, it would compromise the good guys' chances) but I don't think it will happen. Or perhaps they will manage to do it but one of them will stay behind (let's say Chad) to buy them time and then the next arc will be "save the big guy in distress".
    [insert cool looking and funny signature here]

The French Hangout Thread is dead. Click here to revive it.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

You have to take the fact that Aizen may know that Inoue might pull something funny with her powers and that was his plan after all; it would be brilliant, lol

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Richo's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Impel Down View Post
    ...also, why DO they all hang out it Karakura town? The last Quincys, a captain, another captain, the Vaizard, the Bount, apparently, and it just HAPPENS to be the site of the area where the Key is needed.
    the reason for that is that due the presense off all those pple that it became the highest spiritual power area, also the vaizards probably didnt live in karakura town until recently (until the decided to approach ichigo to join them). the Bount did live all over the world only they all moved here cause the last quincy lived there who they needed. Urahara does already live there for atleast 200 years.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

When Orihime is saved in this arc, (If it doesn't happen this arc, People are going to moan when they inevitably try again) I'm starting to think not everyone's going to come back; and maybe even the beloved Rukia... Say she's on the same spot, that wouldn't make sense, and be a HUGE plothole. I mean the esquias (misspelled I know) would have found/killed her by now, unless they didn't "feel" or it isn't necessary to recover the remains of Espada 9's body like they did to the rest Ichigo & Company defeated (though those in question were half dead). I starting to think there is significance into Esquias recovering/killing fallen Arrancar, could they be "feeding" something?

Don't forget Chad, who got defeated & more likely than Rukia was captured. I don't think they killed him, it seemed Noitorra's fraccion (or whoever stopped Chad from hitting Noitorra again) simply captured him. That won't be great for Ichigo & company. If he "is" captured, then they might very well have to go where they initially had to go to get Orihime: the Las Noches Castle. They might as well throw red flags and surrender. They only way I would dare try to invade that place if I was Ichigo, if I can defeat Ulquiorra or a possibly higher Halibel easier than I did Grimmjow... That's practically not going to happen.

Sooner or later, somebody's (a main character) got to die... or in anyway, it would be "unrealisitic, or worse "cheap". Even mature children stories are following this these days with their main characters. The odds of surviving with all 6 members escaping is slim right now. Some of the Espada got to do something stupid if they have a chance.. Maybe Grimmjow (on his dying breath) does something to betray his fellow Espada big time besides what he's already done by bringing the rescuers' target by the strongest one & making her heal him?

New Reply
Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast