Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 502 by kewl0210 , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 89 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: Jutsu Discussion Mega Convo Thread

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member graphic_content's Avatar
    Country
    Philippine
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gaara Question

im still at a loss here...

...check out my reasoning for a minute...

can Gaara still control sand now that the Shukaku demon has been ripped from him???...

....i am having this discussion in a forum...and in rescue Gaara chapter, after he is revived he uses Sand to lift Naruto\'s hand to shake his (as some sort of thank you)...

...i still dont understand how he can STILL control sand without Shukaku...was the demon his whole source of power, i mean the demon was the Sand demon...

...others on the site are saying that like the Kazekage before him, Gaara sand is a jutsu ability used only by a few, like the Kazekage who Sasori killed (black Sands Jutsu used against Sakura and Chiyo-sama)...

...and still others say that Shukaku only contributed to Gaara power by adding the auto-protect shield, and amount of Chakra he is able to generate...

..but since Gaara was small, the sand always followed him, and he wasnt even a ninja yet??? suggesting that is was the demon and not his ninja training that gave him the power....right???...

...this may seem trivial, but for some reason its really bothering me (am i making sense by the way)...any thoughts?
    What's necessary in a fight isn't fear; Nothing can be born from that. If you dodge, "I won't let them cut me"; If you protect someone, "I won't let them die". If you attack, "I'll cut them".

- [urahara] kisuke

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Jutsu Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by shinraiden
    Frankly, it's impractical and inefficent for Gaara to control every grain of sand in the Desert Avalanche, and Wave physics tells you that he doesn't need to. Properly suspended in a medium such as chakara vis-a-vis quicksand, all that is then needed is a small tap to create a cascading modulation resulting in a dusty tsunami.
    Well, I always hate to bring the anime into manga discussions, and I suspect this is a thesis that you've written based on the series.

But when I read that, I couldn't help but be reminded of Naruto episode 104 which was during the Tea Country fillers.

Naruto and the others were fighting the Rain Nin (the same ones from the Chuunin Exams) under the ocean, after they had fallen from their boat. Naruto, in order to clear out the Rain nin, created ten duplicates who swam deeper and each one created a Rasengan that created a huge whirlpool and pretty much broke them all away from the grasp of the Rain nin and their water duplicates.

So you're probably right - Gaara probably did something similar to that (to the effect of creating enough chakra to create enough of a natural mess). He might have been able to do even more with the chakra that he obviously can borrow from the Shukaku within himself, but he didn't want to create a TOTAL catastrophe, or consume chakra unnecessarily.

So I choose micro chakra control as being stronger. I also bet it takes a lot of training to do everything you actually want to do in that area, though.

Quote Quote:
    Point three is the Transcendent pwn'ing power of the Bijuu. Or is it? Is the power potential provided adequate control merely scalable, or is it really a transendent planar graduation? I think the arguement is still very much open given the lack of really detailed info.
    I tend to agree on the former. It's obvious now that Gaara didn't acquire his sand manipulation technique from the Bijuu - it was likely something he was just naturally good at (perhaps her mother also practiced the same skill, hence the auto-shield - if that's her doing that.)

I'm still not all that sure that the Bijuu actually transfer their powers to their jinchuuriki - they probably just provide a lot of chakra - a self-healing ability (at least in Naruto's case, not sure about Gaara since he didn't wake up the whole time he was captured).

Nice post - but it COULD have been a little more exciting though

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

I had the impression that Gaara had natural ability to manipulate the sand with his chakra, which was likely encouraged by how his mother became a mass of protective sand (or whatever is the cause of that auto-shield).

Since he was always around sand, and you know how quickly a baby's brain can process stuff, Gaara simply became a genius at using his chakra to control sand.

The auto-protect shield is a cause, not the reason.

Shukaku is not the "WHOLE" of Gaara's sand powers. It increases Gaara's stamina and ability to do whatever he wants with his jutsu without worrying about losing all his chakra, but other than that - I wasn't surprised Gaara could still control sand to an extent.

And it may not be that Gaara is the only one with this ability, either. We haven't yet seen all the Sunagakure residents.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

graphic_content gaara can still manipulate sand, in one of the chapters u see gaara shaking naruto's hand with sand... i don't wanna say anymore incase you haven't read that far and i'm spoiling the story lol :P

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

I think graphic_content knows, m0nr - he mentioned that in his post.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member walkie's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

as we see it was shakaku, for auto-defence so now gaara will be without auto-defence, too bad

Last Boss ♪~( ̄。 ̄) 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity njt's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

I dunno, that whole chapter was full of mistakes, check out my translation area for, I believe, more accurate translations^^ still awaiting finalizations....
    Serizawa: But it's really heartwarming to see such good guys - perhaps not as good as we wanted, translation-wise, but their hearts are already grade A
    If you see a mistake in my translations, let me know! Thanks Click a frog to see my Resume!!

Country
    Philippine
    Post Thanks / Like

thats kind my point tho...

...his mothers sacrifice provided the auto-shield...and shukaku's demonic form provided the chakra and the sand...

...he wasnt already training as a ninja when the sand first attached itself to him, it was a result of his mother and shukaku...sooooo...he should NOT have any connection to it now...

....well anyway that just a theory im working out...but obviously the writer has a different direction in mind...i am actually looking forward to his explanation of the new circumstances...
    What's necessary in a fight isn't fear; Nothing can be born from that. If you dodge, "I won't let them cut me"; If you protect someone, "I won't let them die". If you attack, "I'll cut them".

- [urahara] kisuke

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member walkie's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by graphic_content
    thats kind my point tho...

...his mothers sacrifice provided the auto-shield...and shukaku's demonic form provided the chakra and the sand...

Nooo, it was shakaku for auto-defence.....,she says "its" meaning shakaku right??? if translations are right of course

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner shinraiden's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I was posting more of a retorical question going back to the fundamentals of jutsu. Does the user manipulate the elements, or can they only 'touch' chakara with elements collided or suspended in chakara?

At any rate, as long as Gaara still has chakara potential there is absolutely no reason why he can not do anything he pleases with sand. Furthermore, given the absence of the chaotic Shukaku, I'd argue that Gaara can become more powerful now given the better precision capability.

So if pulling out shukaku prevents Gaara from doing a sand-specific jutsu ever again, does that mean that every single sand nin has shukaku inside them if that's the requirement to move sand at all? That's just silly and stupid. Kakashi's not a water-nin, he normally prefers earth jutsu's. Yet he executed master-level water jutsu's agains Zabuza. (The sharingan isn't the point here, Kakashi's manipulation of water is.) Put your brains together and work it out logically. That way you won't waste time and brain cells nitpicking when the question doesn't exist in the first place.
    "Um...9 lines just confuse the issue, sir. I just shine the light on what I want blown up."

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Sariachan's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Also Kankurou uses sand, even if only a little....

I accept cosplay masks, props and other type of commissions, please visit my deviantART gallery!

Schrödinger's cat 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Anax's Avatar
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

Jutsu Discussion Thread

In my opinion micro chakra control shows that you are a master! Two people might be able to cut a cucumber with a sword, but if one of the two can do it when the cucumber is placed under his mothers chin, without cuting her throat, then that is a master! Generally when you are strong and clumsy you might end up doing more bad than good, no matter what your intentions. This goes for the transcedent power of the bijuu as well. Think of Kyuubi being alone on an island, so mad and desperate because there's nothing to destroy and no one to maim that he roars and sinks the island, but alas ends up sinking himself! Micro chakra control requires rigorous training and that's why I admire it.
    On another note what has occured to me is: What are the bijuu? We are told they are mere chakra!! Chakra with a personality? Sounds like an urban thinkform theory to me! As if the hatred of the people took shape and created those immense chakra structures. Also, if they are chakra alone, then do they ever run out of power? Can a thinkform comprising solely of chakra have chakra creating organs? Do the bijuu actually need the jinchuuriki? If they are thinkforms, do they merely need our emotions (mainly our fear)? A bijuu on its own could pwn all, though I doubt that, seen as how the villages have been exploiting their powers (mainly the sand passing Ichibi from generation to generation). The jinchuuriki are in my mind the proof that control pwns all, since a bijuu will likely kill whatever lies on its path. The jinchuuriki are just that, warriors trying to control the bijuu without being consumed by their immense power (see Naruto vs Deidara, when he got his second tail out the kage bunshin twitched and complained about a burning sensation).
    Concerning Hadouken and Kamehameha, I'd like to point out that the prior is a ki burst/wave while the latter is continuous discharge of ki. When two Hadouken clash they nullify each other, when two Kamehameha clash each user tries to send more and more ki to their hands to overpower the opponent. However, I think I understand where you're getting at with the wave theory and it seems so. The question still is how can Gaara control the movement of the tidal wave since in my mind anyone can push a car down a slope and have a rope tied to the car, but who can stop the car once it's reached its destination and squashed the poor victim that died so I could convey my point? Control is always essential and seperates the master from the apprentice.
    Lastly, in most anime cool characters who seldom talk seem to have excelent control of their swords/chakra/ki/hands etc. though they often lose to kids who have justice on their side and an extreme emotional psych up usually due to such things as desperation or anger, again usually because of someone's death. In our plane of existence, outside the Naruto Mangaverse the power of desperation is not to be underestimated (at least Sun Tzu wouldn't). Sometimes people enter a state of transcendance where they don't think, rather act and in ways they coudln't never think possible. Of course this is the exact opposite of control and some say it is like oppening the 8 gates, it grants power at the cost of hurting yourself... I'm not quite sure, so I won't pick a side.
    I will also refrain from expressing an opinion on Magenkyou Sharingan and Body Flicker yet.
    Dyroness is another story... I don't dare mess with her, my power level is too low
    ~Schrödinger's Cat

Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

Shinraiden please elaborate on how Gaara can become stronger now that he lost Shukaku. In my mind your words "better precision capability" hint that you mean without the psychopathic demon that tore his mentality apart Gaara will be able to think more clearly and focus his jutsus better. However, in my mind, Gaara was raised as a spoiled brat with a perfect defense and loads of chakra to do anything (though it didn't burn him the way Kyuubi burns Naruto). Even though Gaara, as the host, had to sleep for Shukaku to be in full power, it doesn't have to be the other way, that Shukaku has to be fully dormant in order for Gaara to use high level, precise chakra control demanding jutsus. It is my opinion that through loss of his auto defense and security of Shukaku Gaara's mentality will be his greatest disadvantage in future fights. For example remember when he fought Naruto, how miserable he was after the fight, how scared he was of Naruto killing him! Before the fight he was all talk, after the fight he was begging like a dog. Gaara is one of my favorite character because he has evolved through painful experience, so it's only a matter of his past scardycat mentality getting in the way. Anyway, I'm very interested in what you have to say

As far as elements go, I too am at a loss here... Since Kakashi could copy the water dragon jutsu of Zabuza's, then why can't nin of various villages manipulate the soil for example the same way Gaara manipulates the sand? It is natural in that mangaverse for water nins to be more powerful near water, since they can manipulate it, and so on and so forth for each other element. Also, what is the significance of the words "Katon", "Mokuton", "Suiton" etc. that the nins shout before using a jutsu of that type? Also, how can we explain Kisame creating so much water out of nowhere last time we saw him? This wasn't chakra entering water molecules or anything like it, it was creation of water out of... I don't know

Theories anyone? Should we even bother rather than embrace the story with all it's cultural elements and universal archetypes, seeking an answer within ourselves for everything not Japan bound? Nah, the temptation to make various speculations is too great
    ~Schrödinger's Cat

Country
    Philippine
    Post Thanks / Like

i just finished re-watching episode 71 ( a hokage level battle ) and in that battle the Anbu members marveled at the First for using a jutsu that created an entire forest from nothingness...

...they said and i quote "he converted chakra into a source of life"

...i think Kisame, is so far advanced, that he is able to manipulate his chakra and convert it into water to use to his advantage...

...as far as i understand it the hand seals are used to activate certain parts of the body and generate different outputs of chakra depending on the level and element of the jutsu...the highest users are capable of manipulating chakra into everything from fire, to water, and even as we saw in Episode 71 to mud and trees...

...i'd have to agree with you on the Gaara element...he definetly has alot of catching up to do...since the 'One Tail' was removed from him and he no longer has his massive amount of chakra to depend on...but i think it would be an even more devastating blow to Naruto to have the 'Nine Tails' removed, because it has eight more tails than Shukaku and according to Chiyo-sama, therefore has more power...and a MUCH bigger adjustment in STAMINA and CHAKRA for Naruto than Gaara. well those are some of my thoughts...glad to share 'em with you.

- [urahara] kisuke

Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

In Gaara's case I think he will adjust and be glad that he is free of Shukaku. I remember him talking a lot as if Shukaku was actually controlling his actions (not to mention the latter's power should Gaara fall asleep). On the other hand I imagine Naruto totally freaking out should he lose Kyuubi... His "Tajuu Kage Bunshin no Jutsu" requires so much chakra and the Rasengan too. If it weren't for the Kyuubi Naruto would be like Sasuke, counting the amount of Rasengans he throws everyday, instead of it being step two in all his attacks after "Kage Bunshin no Jutsu". Let's not forget that the Kyuubi is what allows Naruto to be the bigmouthed brat that he is, shoudl he lose it he'd probably die ten times by sunset... Naruto need the Kyuubi to save him throughout the manga till someday he reaches Hogake level and be all wise and powerful through his techinques and not his chakra and stamina. Still, if you ask me it's be nice if he managed to cooperate with the Kyuubi and created some of his own jutsus that would require so much chakra, not even Kisame would dare think of performing them ( "Ha, copy this Sharingan users dattebayo!!" )
    ~Schrödinger's Cat

New Reply
Page 3 of 89 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast