Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 89 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: Jutsu Discussion Mega Convo Thread

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Jutsu Discussion Thread

Oops I was thinking of Hiraishin no Jutsu... I thought that was what you meant Zenith.

Yeah, Hiraishin no Jutsu is the space-time movement I was talking about before. The tags that Yondaime uses to mark the destination are called jutsu-shiki, according to Pazuzu's translation of the Databook page.

Zenith, what did you mean by saying Shunshin no Jutsu? In the same Databook page, it said something about the Hiraishin not being comparable to the movement of the Shunshin.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Jutsu Discussion Thread

Huh???HIraishin no Jutsu? Never heard of it?? or it's because i'm *cuek*
    Spoiler show
    <br />

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Jutsu Discussion Thread

Well, Lastfrost and I just talked about it now and we suppose Shunshin no jutsu ("Body Flicker"), as mentioned by Rin on page 10 of chapter 240 in reference to Yondaime's jutsu, was a mistake on her part.

It's actually Hiraishin no Jutsu that Yondaime did, as reported by Databook 2 (and translated by Pazuzu)

Lastfrost is gonna post a link to that page in a minute and you guys can check it out.

Schrödinger's cat 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Anax's Avatar
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

Jutsu Discussion Thread

You mean Rin mixed the jutsus? I know not of any anime, manga, whatnot with jutsus,cards, rules etc. that are taken for granded and people have ever mixed! Never will you see anyone, in Yu-Gi-Oh for example, mix two cards even though they don't have any text on them!! If that is the case, is there a shunshin no Jutsu or is just something Rin came up with? This is all so interesting
    ~Schrödinger's Cat

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Post Thanks / Like

Jutsu Discussion Thread

Yea, I think Rin mistook it for shunshin no jutsu. It says at the bottom of the databook page that hiraishin's movement speed is not comparable to shunshin, and Rin comments on his shunshin no jutsu being very fast.
    My avatar was made by fracturedstory! http://www.livejournal.com/users/fracturedstory/

Post Thanks / Like

Jutsu Discussion Thread

so rin mistakens hiraishin for shuunshin???
    Spoiler show
    <br />

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Jutsu Discussion Thread

Yes, bebong. At least that is what we think.

[br]Posted at: January 05, 2006, 05:37:39 PM_________________________________________________

And Pazuzu agreed:

Quote Originally Posted by Pazuzu
    Yep, she was mistaken. I think Yondaime himself was the only one there who knew what it really was.
    Obito, Rin and Kakashi were all "zomg kickass sensei" and the guy he teleported to...had a couple of other things in his mind. Like the fact that he wouldn't be worried for much longer.
    Anyway, let's get back on topic.

What's your favorite jutsu(s) and why?

Lately I've been enjoying watching Chouji's Bubun Baika No Jutsu ( Partial Double Size Techniques ) in the anime. His Chou Baika No Jutsu ( Super Double Size Technique ) was also quite a whooper. Heh.

And I'm sure you guys know where I am at right now.

[br]Posted at: January 06, 2006, 11:04:36 AM_________________________________________________

Compiling a list of everybody's favorite jutsus here.

Gold Knight - Kage Mane no Jutsu
    bebong - Kage Mane no Jutsu, Rasengan
    Anax - Kage jutsus. Kage Nui being his favourite followed by Kage Kubishibari no Jutsu and Kage Mange no Jutsu
    eileenting88 - Chidori
    Dynamic Dragon - I think you were talking about Shodaime's Mokuton Jyukai Koudan (Forest Genesis) - or were you also talking about Nidaime's Suiton Suijinheki (Water Element, Water Barrier)? Let me know
    e-s-g - Lee's Primary Lotus
    Zenith - Yondaime's Hiraishin no Jutsu and the Akatsuki leader's Shouten no Jutsu
    Meijin no Kori - Suiton jutsus

Any more?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner shinraiden's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Jutsu Discussion Thread

Ok, this was going to be originally a reply-musing to the locked Gaara jutsu thread, but it's more encompassing than that.

Let's start with the some theory via cross-over analogy, for that I cite 1337 Master Yoda. When Luke tried to brute force the Force to extract his X-wing, he failed miserablely. Yoda had far more 'power' potential, but didn't use it either, instead hinted at steering Relativity. That notion became the principle axiom of Luke's Jedi order.

Now back into Naruto-realms. It's more difficult to evaluate it as most if not all of the subjects are tensai's, at least for the purpose of plot sustenance. Case example is Shino. For Shino, one bug is sufficent, and he works at the one bug level. You could argue it down further but this is sufficent for the present. Also Sakura. Her ability lies in her precision, with power being a clear secondary.

Similarly with Gaara. Gaara (as opposed to Shukaku) is also of the micro-control path. Yes he was mostly dead and totally wasted. HOWEVER, the small amount of sand used to pull Naruto's hand was all that was needed. Similarly when he retrieved his gourd plug and other incidents, there was no casual high-power displays.

On the other hand, is there something to be said for vast disconnected power waves? The Hadoken and Kamehameha support that. Frankly, it's impractical and inefficent for Gaara to control every grain of sand in the Desert Avalanche, and Wave physics tells you that he doesn't need to. Properly suspended in a medium such as chakara vis-a-vis quicksand, all that is then needed is a small tap to create a cascading modulation resulting in a dusty tsunami.

Naruto in Kyuupi lvl 1 has also demonstrated a chakara growl wave that shatters chakara modulations. Neji similarly uses micro-control of chakara particles to create openings for modulated chakara waves. Zabuza and Haku et al similarly repeatedly demonstrated indirect elemental modulation.

Point three is the Transcendent pwn'ing power of the Bijuu. Or is it? Is the power potential provided adequate control merely scalable, or is it really a transendent planar graduation? I think the arguement is still very much open given the lack of really detailed info.

I'm going to go out on a limb and put the higher level active (non-passive) Mangekyou Sharingan's lumped into here as well. Mind-melding alterations of local and remote time and space are vastly outside the realm of the mere physical and meta-physical sandbox that ordinary nin-gen-tai operate in. Body Flicker may likely as well fall under here as well.

The Fourth is Dryoness. There, the secret's out.

Fifth, if I've totally lost you with one of my notoriously discombobulating threadkills again, my apologies, and I suggest you go research some grand unifying theories of everything for fun and profit.

&quot;Um...9 lines just confuse the issue, sir. I just shine the light on what I want blown up.&quot;

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Post Thanks / Like

What Gives Gaara The Power To Manipulate Sand?

What Gives Gaara The Power To Manipulate Sand?

I understand that gaara is the only one with this ability, including the Shield of Sand that protects him. is that the Shukakus powers? I was under the impression that his sand-controlling skills and Shield of Sand were because of his mother or somthing, and the Shukaku gives him the chakra to do so.

Can someone please clear up for me how he controls sand?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner shinraiden's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gaara Question

Q : Does Gaara control the sand, or does he flood some sand with chakara and manipulate the chakara?
    &quot;Um...9 lines just confuse the issue, sir. I just shine the light on what I want blown up.&quot;

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Gaara's jutsus are to control the sand. It's not something his mother or shukaku gives him. From what i understand, shukaku only gives him lots of chakra and also the auto-shield which acts out of his own will. Other than that, his jutsus are all mastered by himself. This means that he will still be able to do those jutsus even though he's not bearing the shukaku within himself anymore.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member walkie's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kaze950
    What gives Gaara the power to manipulate sand?

I understand that gaara is the only one with this ability, including the Shield of Sand that protects him. is that the Shukakus powers? I was under the impression that his sand-controlling skills and Shield of Sand were because of his mother or somthing, and the Shukaku gives him the chakra to do so.

Can someone please clear up for me how he controls sand?
    Gaara can control sand by using chakra...for example kisame can use water element jutsus by using/controlling water...i mean in naruto world you can use elements by putting some chakra in them.But Gaara's advantage was shakaku in him (Shakaku's chakra)

Gaara's mother was sacrificed to seal shakaku in Gaara. every village had own sealing jutsus for bijuu's and sand village needs a sacrifice for sealing. his mother and his jutsus or sand control does not directly related. Besides gaara is not the only one who can control sand. may be he is the one for now but in the past there were people, who was owner of shakaku before gaara, could control sand. Like the kazekage killed by sasori.

Shakaku's other advantage was the auto-control sand that protects Gaara. without shakaku gaara will not have auto-control sand for defence. for that defence now he needs to use his own chakra. But he can still control sand and still has sand armor and other sand jutsus, except shakaku's chakra and auto-defence. Gaara should train harder now

Quote Originally Posted by shinraiden
    Q : Does Gaara control the sand, or does he flood some sand with chakara and manipulate the chakara?
    that is a good question ....gaara puts some chakra in sand and with controlling that chakra he is able to flood or manipulate sand. the real thing he controls or manipulates is his chakra in sand. but he is doing his thing to use sand..i do not know i could tell you because of my bad english but it is like that

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Jutsu Discussion Thread

You have WAAAAAAY too much time on your hands.

(You didn't lose me, by the way)

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member conan's Avatar
    Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

Jutsu Discussion Thread

well thanks for all that explaining about hiraishin no jutsu.
    becuase it is my favourite.
    its what made yondaime so famous and powerful he was able to defeat like50 hidden rock nins by himself.
    now thats so cool.
    i also like kagemane ,urarenge ,hakkesho kaiten evenly,they are just unique.
    "Fighting was the only thing I was good at,but at least I always fought for what I believed in",Solid Snake and Gray Fox.
    watch some of the worlds best martial artists show their abilities in this thread http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5582

Post Thanks / Like

Probably it's a natural talent, or....bloodline limit!?!?!?!?! naaaah, impossible
    Spoiler show
    <br />

New Reply
Page 2 of 89 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast