Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 757 by cnet128 , Bleach 593 by cnet128 , Gintama 507 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 35 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Espada Discussion

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Post Thanks / Like

Espada Discussion

now is it just me or do the current espada represent in some part the other captains from the gotei 13?

i mean some really do resemble the remaining captains excluding of course Aizen, Gin and Tousen.

MY EVIDENCE:

Yammy seems to be like komamura, big and strong physically
    Noitora = Zaraki, eye patch and likes to fight as well as has no interest in fighting weaklings
    Arroniro Aluluerie = ukitake, i mean kaien, must be like ukitake in some way at least partially
    Ulquiorra = hitsugaya? both strict and both get annoyed easily
    Zaerua-poro = kurotsuchi , they both experiment on others, so it seems
    Grimmjow = byakuya, how you may ask? they both cause problems, byakuya went against the kuchiki family rules twice, grimmjow is just the troublemaker of the espada

ch 244
    guy sitting next to Ulquiorra = kyouraku?
    girl espada sitting next to noitora = soi-fong, both their swords are on their backs hanging
    old man espada next to yammy = Yamamoto genryuusai, 1st squad
    guy with spikes on his head next to grimmjow = unohana? who knows, maybe he can heal...looks calm all the time

so this is my opinion, if ya got any i'm all ears

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Espada = the rest of the gotei 13 captians?

Quote Originally Posted by Kyuubi685
    now is it just me or do the current espada represent in some part the other captains from the gotei 13?

i mean some really do resemble the remaining captains excluding of course Aizen, Gin and Tousen.

MY EVIDENCE:

Yammy seems to be like komamura, big and strong physically
    Noitora = Zaraki, eye patch and likes to fight as well as has no interest in fighting weaklings
    Arroniro Aluluerie = ukitake, i mean kaien, must be like ukitake in some way at least partially
    Ulquiorra = hitsugaya? both strict and both get annoyed easily
    Zaerua-poro = kurotsuchi , they both experiment on others, so it seems
    Grimmjow = byakuya, how you may ask? they both cause problems, byakuya went against the kuchiki family rules twice, grimmjow is just the troublemaker of the espada

ch 244
    guy sitting next to Ulquiorra = kyouraku?
    girl espada sitting next to noitora = soi-fong, both their swords are on their backs hanging
    old man espada next to yammy = Yamamoto genryuusai, 1st squad
    guy with spikes on his head next to grimmjow = unohana? who knows, maybe he can heal...looks calm all the time

so this is my opinion, if ya got any i'm all ears
    I have totally called this in two threads before this. Perhaps it is Aizen's way of expressing his dominance over the Soul Society, by creating his own Gotei 13. A Gotei 13 under his complete and utter control, that fears and serves his very existence.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

That's definetly Aizen alright. Why not create your own Gotei 13 with stricter rules. Either follow Aizen or die. Not many options a Hollow could take when he becomes a Arrancar.

Country
    Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

I actually think that Ulquiorra bares a much greater resemblance to Byakuya than to Hitsugaiya
    other than that maybe your comparison for Noitora stands, but all the others have either virtually nothing to back up any comparison or entirely different personallities than the people you compared them to.
    this is just my opinion
    Blind dude rocks! click the link to find out why, I dare you
    Spoiler: awesome slashdot(and other) quote(s) show

Intl Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member C4animax's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

the masked guy unmasked looks like ichigo..that's obvious .
    My new website, you can upload whatever you want on it : http://www.full-stream.org enjoy. (should be uploading naruto episode on it soon)

Get your naruto wallpapers here at http://meganime.ovh.org that's what all ninjas do anyway and you?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lohnt's Avatar
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

Ulq is Byakuya
    Grimjaw is Zaraki
    Bored guy is Shunsui
    Noitora is kind of like Gin now that I think about it.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Silhouette's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

There is definitely a resemblance but ti me

Old espada = Yamamato Taicho (they are both old and have scars on their faces

Aaro = Komamura (they both wear masks and their faces ain't what you expect)

Halibel = Soi Fong

Zaer = Mayuri (both are science freaks)

Ulquiorra = Byakuya (both have the same better-than-you attitude and care about rules)

Noitora = Zaraki (power seeking freaks)

Stark = Shunsui (sleepy and seem to be easy going)

I don't see Yammi, GJ and the black espada resembling any of the captains but may be some vice captains like Yammi = Ohmaeda Marechiyo (big and dumb), GJ = Renji ( hot heads) but we have seen nothing about the black espada so I don't know about him

Here is a crazy thought, the hogyouku combines shinigami and hollow powers right? where did Aizen get the shinigami power part from? may be form Goti 13 members!! like he can have samples of their rieatsus and merge them with his hollows to engineer the current espadas. Didn't Zaer sent a death squad to collect samples from the dead ex-espadas? may be those samples will be used for future arrancar production. oh man if my assumption turns out to be right then we are in for espada engineered after Ichigo's reiatsu.
    CLICK SIGNATURE ABOVE FOR BLEACH & OP COLOURED PAGES

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Jammer's Avatar
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Silhouette View Post
    Here is a crazy thought, the hogyouku combines shinigami and hollow powers right? where did Aizen get the shinigami power part from? may be form Goti 13 members!! like he can have samples of their rieatsus and merge them with his hollows to engineer the current espadas. Didn't Zaer sent a death squad to collect samples from the dead ex-espadas? may be those samples will be used for future arrancar production. oh man if my assumption turns out to be right then we are in for espada engineered after Ichigo's reiatsu.
    i don't think it combines them, but rather awakens the other type of power - maa~aybe that's what the soul sleep is all about >.< and about the samples they were probably collected so Zaero could counter their respective users' skills - just like he's blocking Renji's bankai....
    but on-topic:
    Noitora - Zaraki > a good one - they really behave in a similiar fashion
    Grim - Renji > they're like brothers.. really
    Stark = Shunsui > nothing more to say :P
    Ulq - Byakuya > strictness and coolness 2-in-1
    Zaer - Mayuri > scientists stuff
    Komamura - Yammi > yeh yeh size does matter... really?

actually all resemblances in character are a little twisted in favour of the espada - meaning that the espada are evil by default so they should be twisted evil-doers ^^
    but I believe those similarities to be just random

Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jammer View Post
    i don't think it combines them, but rather awakens the other type of power - maa~aybe that's what the soul sleep is all about >.< and about the samples they were probably collected so Zaero could counter their respective users' skills - just like he's blocking Renji's bankai....
    Raw hollows don't have shinigami powers, if arrancars were similar to vizards, then there should be a shinigami component in them like vizards have hollows in them.
    The striking resemblance is what made me make my assumption and collecting Ichigo and co's reiatsus to come up with counter measures isn't really this useful since espadas don't intend to let them leave alive anyway.

But again it was just a thought in the lights of the info we have so far

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member ran0001's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm. When a human dies, He becomes a plus right? But if he is let say evil or he has too much attachment to the material world, he will become a hollow right? Pluses are taken to soul society so they won't become hollows.Pluses who want to become shinigami enter the shinigami academy like what rukia, renji, and others did. So what exactly are shinigami? In my opinion, shinigami are just pluses who have achieved a certain level of power.So that means that in every hollow since they were formerly pluses ,there already exists potential to have shinigami powers but it seemed that a "wall" was established around it due to the hollowification.Same goes when a plus becomes a shinigami . Hougyoku is depicted as something that could break the "wall" between the two powers.I think thats where their shinigami powers came from.They already had it within them but the so called "wall" prevented them from accessing it. Same with Ichigo. He initially became a shinigami through Rukia's powers. Byakuya destroyed the shinigami powers of Rukia within Ichigo. Ichigo is then turned into a plus by Urahara and is sent into a pit that will increase the rate of hollowification. Ichigo by his will became a shinigami but since he already became a hollow for a while, the "wall" between his hollow powers and shinigami powers became non-existent.

Noitora does seem to be the same as Zaraki.

Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ran0001 View Post
    In my opinion, shinigami are just pluses who have achieved a certain level of power.So that means that in every hollow since they were formerly pluses ,there already exists potential to have shinigami powers but it seemed that a "wall" was established around it due to the hollowification.Same goes when a plus becomes a shinigami . Hougyoku is depicted as something that could break the "wall" between the two powers.I think thats where their shinigami powers came from.They already had it within them but the so called "wall" prevented them from accessing it. Same with Ichigo. He initially became a shinigami through Rukia's powers. Byakuya destroyed the shinigami powers of Rukia within Ichigo. Ichigo is then turned into a plus by Urahara and is sent into a pit that will increase the rate of hollowification. Ichigo by his will became a shinigami but since he already became a hollow for a while, the "wall" between his hollow powers and shinigami powers became non-existent.
    This a very good explanation, I really like your organized logic.
    But what if the wall wasn't just the limit of having to choose between shinigami or hollow powers? The Hogyouku was sealed right after it was made and yet we still have vizards who broke the "wall" using forbidden techniques so the Hugyouku must be able to do more than that. You see, even a strong vizard still has a wall and that is he reached his max power. What if the Hogyouku can add to one's reiatsu or increase it by influence from other reiatsus? This is what made think of the possibility that Aizen used captains' reiatsus to increase his current espadas' reiatsus and it resulted in the striking resemblance that we see.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Endrance's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Grimmjow is definately more Zaraki-like than Noitora. They both have no common sense/sanity, but love to fight. A bit too hot headed on Grimmjow's part. Tousen holds them in the same light.
    As for Noitora... He's sly and vulgar, and wants to prove himself as the best. Zaraki doesn't want anything like that, he just wants to enjoy a good fight.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

But what if the wall wasn't just the limit of having to choose between shinigami or hollow powers? The Hogyouku was sealed right after it was made and yet we still have vizards who broke the "wall" using forbidden techniques so the Hugyouku must be able to do more than that. You see, even a strong vizard still has a wall and that is he reached his max power. What if the Hogyouku can add to one's reiatsu or increase it by influence from other reiatsus? This is what made think of the possibility that Aizen used captains' reiatsus to increase his current espadas' reiatsus and it resulted in the striking resemblance that we see.

This is why I think that Vizards dont have complete access to the full extent of their Hollow powers, or at least in the sense of the powers they gain when they put on a hollow mask . The hougyouku is supposed to be perfect in its mixing of Hollow and shinigami's. Just like Hollows that broke their masks and gained shinigami powers through that werent anything compared to the hougyoku's arrancar, so will probably the vizard be nothing compared what the Hougyouku makes out of Gin, Tousen, and Aizen.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member ran0001's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the compliment. Yes, it does seem peculiar that we would have vizards when hougyoku was sealed but ichigo himself didn't use the hougyoku and we really have no idea yet as to what forbidden techniques they used. As to what other abilities the hougyoku may have, I guess we'll just have to wait and see.The resemblances? There are discrepancies since I don't see that every one of the espada has a counterpart in Captains of Gotei 13. May just be coincidental but as I've said we can't really know since we have yet to discover all the abilities of the hougyoku. Why did Urahara create such a troublesome thing?Which brings me to wonder if Urahara himself had already used the hougyoku and if he had already become a vizard. He would have at least tested it right?

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member yowatsgood's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

1. old espada- old
    Yamamoto- old
    2. dark espada- calm
    Ukitake- calm
    3. Stark- lazy
    Shunsui- lazy
    4. Ulquiorra- loyal
    Byakuya- loyal
    5. Noitora- bloodlust
    Kenpachi- bloodlust
    6. Grimmjow- stubborn
    Ichigo- stubborn
    7. Hari-bel- ninja-like female
    Soifong- ninja-like female
    8. Szayelaporro- mad scientist
    Mayuri- mad scientist
    9. Aaroniero- masked mystery character
    Komamura- masked mystery character

WITH THE EXCEPTION OF ICHIGO. HE IS NOT A CAPTAIN OBVIOUSLY.
    Last edited by yowatsgood; June 14, 2007 at 05:19 PM.

New Reply
Page 1 of 35 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast