Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 589 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Skip Beat! by Nakamura Yoshiki

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Country
    South Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [Shoujo] Skip Beat! by Nakamura Yoshiki

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    Now that I've read the chapters up to chapter 115, I can see why you think like that. Kyoko is the typical very stupid girl when it comes to love; not only because she is genetically not keen on such things (maybe) but also because she was hurt deeply by Shou. Like what Ren said, Shou is special for her, even though she wants a revenge against him. And we all see how Shou feels.

Question is: what do you think is the best man for Kyoko, Ren or Shou? Both are sweet in their own way. What I like from Ren is that he supports Kyoko (though it's more as a senpai), while Shou is someone who knows Kyoko well (including her past) and around Shou I think Kyoko is more 'alive' with all that craziness. XD
    well its a rather interesting question... I mean both Ren and SHou made a huuuuuuge impact on koyko . Shou- because of what he did Koyoko's "inner awesome cool devil" has awakened. Basically Shou gave her a motivation to become an actress.... And who knows maybe unknowingly Shou has created a possibly the most famous woman" to be " in Japan. Its just a possibility, but with her terrific talent I think it's possible. And I mean Koyoko will help out Shou too , not gonna spoil not going toooooooo......
    Ren- is the guy who always comforted koyoko in her tough times. hes the one who basically guides on her carrier path. I think she sees him as a "nii-sama". Well atleast i see him. Tbh i kinda want Koyoko to end with SHou. Yes hate me and despise me. =(

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Global Moderator 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

LOL~ No, no, I'm not gonna hate you. XD I'm still torn between the choice of Ren or Shou.

To be honest I think I like Shou more than Ren (don't kill me, please). Shou is quite a jerk in the beginning, but eventually I think there might be a reason behind what he did to Kyoko back then, and even though he acts like he doesn't care he actually does. That's just sweet. XD

Ren, in the other side, is a calm man with a composed attitude. It is sweet to see him lose control (almost) around Kyoko sometimes, and that changes him to be a more lively person. He is warm and is a nice supporter as well. Like you said, he guides Kyoko throughout her career and is another idol for Kyoko.

I wonder which one is better for Kyoko. XDD

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

WHAT?! People are shipping shou and kyoko
    Unbelievable

I think ren is the obvious choice for me. I mean, he appreciate kyoko and will treasure her
    but shou tossed her aside. And and, ren is also kuon who had been there when kyoko is sad since before
    she became an actress and he's the one kyoko always go to when she have problems.

I'll stop since I don't want to spoil phio but we can take this serious conversation some other day.
    By the way, have you guys heard of the skip beat taiwanandkorean drama adaption coming soon?

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Bleh. You're lucky I've taken the (obvious) signs of Ren being Kuon who gave Kyoko that precious stone, or else I'd kill you for spoiling me.

At any rate, I can see where you are coming from. It's not that I dislike Ren and Kyoko. It's true that they are in a more friendly state now, compared to Kyoko with Shou. But, I don't know. I can't feel the chemistry between those two, lol. Unlike with Shou. Remember when Kyoko had to play in Shou's PV, and when Shou saved her from the stalkers of Vie Ghoul (yeah, I've just gone through those parts). Like what mentioned by someone before (IIRC), there is a bond, something about Kyoko and Shou, which no one can cut, not even either of them. When they are together, it feels like no one could break through them. A bond which is built from childhood is very strong. Ren too, but it was only for short while, right?

Just don't kill me for saying that.

Oh, a live-action of Skip Beat!? I would definitely look forward to it. It would be fun to see someone portrayed the crazy Kyoko in real life. XD

Country
    South Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zeltrax View Post
    WHAT?! People are shipping shou and kyoko
    Unbelievable

I think ren is the obvious choice for me. I mean, he appreciate kyoko and will treasure her
    but shou tossed her aside. And and, ren is also kuon who had been there when kyoko is sad since before
    she became an actress and he's the one kyoko always go to when she have problems.

I'll stop since I don't want to spoil phio but we can take this serious conversation some other day.
    By the way, have you guys heard of the skip beat taiwanandkorean drama adaption coming soon?
    Spoiler show

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

LOL at the post in spoiler box, good_boy (it's strange to call you with lawlett =__=).

Yes, done to chapter 180 at this moment! Such a cliffhanger, argh. I so wanna know what would happen next. It's sad that the releases are moving very slow; the excitement decreases gradually. ^^;

But let's talk about possibilities! What would happen from now on? I bet eventually Tsuruga would 'win' from Kuon, and he would portray B.J. in a better manner next time, but it would be interesting to see what he had to gone through. I wonder if later on we would get an explanation of Shou's past as well; he had been too much the minor character all this time. XD

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    South Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    LOL at the post in spoiler box, good_boy (it's strange to call you with lawlett =__=).

Yes, done to chapter 180 at this moment! Such a cliffhanger, argh. I so wanna know what would happen next. It's sad that the releases are moving very slow; the excitement decreases gradually. ^^;

But let's talk about possibilities! What would happen from now on? I bet eventually Tsuruga would 'win' from Kuon, and he would portray B.J. in a better manner next time, but it would be interesting to see what he had to gone through. I wonder if later on we would get an explanation of Shou's past as well; he had been too much the minor character all this time. XD
    well my prediction is that obvi koyoko is gonna make him get over his criminal past and do a perfect job with his role, just like what she did when he was in dark moon. lawlett_kun is awesome name

---------- Post added October 18, 2011 at 09:37 AM ---------- Previous post was September 30, 2011 at 10:32 AM ----------

Skip beat 179 is out on MS!!!!!

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, Maximum7 and MangaStream is picking up this series again. Hopefully they would manage to get through chapter 180 and continue the releases in a more steady pace! <3

Speaking of chapter 180, what do you guys think would happen next? Ren is so scary in his current state, but his eyes show something sad. Do you think he would open himself up soon to Kyoko? :3 Or would Shou get between them again?

Country
    South Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

where is chapter 180? o.o???!!!???

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Eh? Chapter 180 is already out by Mechgouki quite a while ago. You can read it at online reader, at sites like Batoto for example. :O Or you can go to Mechgouki's page right away. Check Skip Beat!'s MangaUpdates page here for better reference. ^^

Country
    South Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

181 is out !

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm..
    Ren is showing his weakness even more now and Kyoko seems to be getting on it.
    It's like..slowly, Kyoko might be able to understand Ren

glad to see that happening.
    I think I get it. The act of Cain Heel might be who tsuruga is really is when he was younger, therefore he fears acting the role as he might turn back to who he was and is fighting his past.
    I think I'm right in thinking that this arc is leading to tsuruga's past and kyoko's understanding.

Country
    South Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zeltrax View Post
    Hmm..
    Ren is showing his weakness even more now and Kyoko seems to be getting on it.
    It's like..slowly, Kyoko might be able to understand Ren

glad to see that happening.
    I think I get it. The act of Cain Heel might be who tsuruga is really is when he was younger, therefore he fears acting the role as he might turn back to who he was and is fighting his past.
    I think I'm right in thinking that this arc is leading to tsuruga's past and kyoko's understanding.
    well yeah, once i saw him as Cain heel i realized this arc was about Kyoko helping ren forget his past and kinda move on you know. This chap was srsly amazing. I mean everything was so perfect. Thats what i love about skip beat. Those LOL situation are simply amazing.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

My reaction face from to to to .

I was like, "Yay, new chapters!" thanks to the post by lawlett-kun, then I went to Mechgouki's site right away and start reading. It started beautifully (yeah, the two of them in one bed is just sooo romantic), but then when I read the story behind what happened before I felt kinda sad. I'm sad for Ren because it seems so painful for him. Previous chapters showed that us that he was holding into his past to be able to be who he is now, full of control and such. But this act as Cain Heel forced him to be someone from the past who he wanted to forget but he couldn't. So it must be very painful for him. I wonder how Kyoko would set him out from this complicated situation.

I want new chapter out sooo badly~ =__=

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity yukihime03's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah, Ren. *sighs wistfully*

I know he has his reasons but he's taking Kyoko to bed with him!!!
    I also know that nothing really happens but still...

I hope something more exciting will happen soon. Kyoko is now so familiar with Ren that she doesn't even freak out anymore (though she is still very nervous) though they are on the same bed. Oh God, I'm starting to get tired with this couple's development. *sighs*

New Reply
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast