Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 54 of 78 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 64 ... LastLast

Thread: Katekyo Hitman Reborn! by Amano Akira

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member wulfy's Avatar
    Country
    Taiwan
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Reborn! Convo Thread - The Mafia Gathering!

vol 31 will be out in october...
    can't wait XD

edit:
    nvm
    it's already out...
    Last edited by wulfy; October 02, 2010 at 07:15 PM.
    You would notice this notice that this notice isn't worth noticing....really.....
    draw with me here
    (is on a short break from school.....)

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Mangahelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ghostexiled's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Just letting you guys know that I have moved both anime threads to the Vongola Ajito section.

They will be brought back to the main section when and if it starts back up.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Taiwan
    Post Thanks / Like

http://www.twbbs.tw/3742621.html <-- rebocon 4 [red]
    when is it? i forgot =3=

i just found this link so...... i suddently felt like posting it here....

(u r not allowed to transfer da pic in anyways unless u got permission)<-- said da big red Chinese word
    http://www.twbbs.tw/3748534.html
    primo arc DVD cover~~~~~

I see Giotto <3

edit:
    here's a translation of it~ (I'm bored now so I'm doing it)
    Spoiler show

yah......
    Da first cover is released already~ waiting fir da rest~~~~~
    Last edited by wulfy; October 21, 2010 at 12:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    You would notice this notice that this notice isn't worth noticing....really.....
    draw with me here

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member AmberRei's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

WHY SO SMALL /dies

Giotto looks awesome in that pic >__<
    Haters to the left!

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Crude's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Why is Vongola always misspelt as Vongole?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Oni_James's Avatar
    Country
    Catalonia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrudeCross View Post
    Why is Vongola always misspelt as Vongole?
    I think it could be classified as "Itarian", the Italian case of the well-known strange phenomena called as "Engrish" (when a japanese person speaks English in a weird exagerated way)
    I suppose for some reason i don't know, its easier for them to say "Vongole" than "Vongola"
    ざわ...ざわ...

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member kopite's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

in manga..its spelled ボンゴレ( bon go re)
    sounds like vongole

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I noticed they are using "Vongole" as if it were "Vongolae" in latin[which is like "Vongola's"] because I often hear "Vongola", but when they want to mean "of Vongola" they use VONGOLE... It's obviously NOT CORRECT, just like "Vongola Famiglia" isn't [it should be Famiglia Vongola], "Elettrico Cornata"[Cornata Elettrica] etc, etc, etc ._.
    Haters to the left!

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

It's pretty odd though. I thought Vongola would be pronounced in three katakana, and isn't the "ra" sound in that alphabet? Doesn't really make sense why they would pronounce it "Bongo-re" and not "Bongo-ra", but then again it doesn't really make sense how they pronounce "Simon" as "Shimon" instead of "Saimon".

Country
    Taiwan
    Post Thanks / Like

Vongola in Chinese has 3 characters (彭哥列)
    da last character is 列 and it's pernounced as "lee-ai"
    so it's more like vongole then vongola.....
    Last edited by wulfy; October 22, 2010 at 03:28 PM.
    draw with me here

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Simon is written as Shimon because its pronounciation should be "Seemon", not Saimon.
    Haters to the left!

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh. I just assumed that it was pronounced like the first name Simon in English. I guess it would be pronounced Seemon in Italian.

By the way, can someone tell me where I can get the official Weekly Shounen Jump Reborn! wallpapers, more specifically the one made from the double-page featuring both the Vongola and Shimon? I'd like to see the other wallpapers (if there are any more) too.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hdiuy's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Asarii View Post
    I may not be the most eloquent person in the world, but I gave you two pieces of evidence that supports my explanation. How would YOU explain why Ch. 96!Lambo didn't know about the Ring Battles, and why Shouichi didn't end up in the future of the Future arc on his first escapade? (If you choose to answer, PM is better.)

People over at Onemanga are making sense of this. (I admittedly based my explanation on the latter so credit goes to him.) Even this hypothesis gave a logical reasoning about how the TYL Bazooka/time travel works in this series.
    There could be a ton of reasons like Lambo being too young to remember, or that he couldn’t remember and by the time Lambo grew up to the point where the others could have told him it is possible that the others died .

When Irie 1st used the Ten years bazooka he didn’t went to the future of the future arc because at that time Byakuran have yet to conquer the world. Lets say when Irie 1st used the bazooka at year 2010 he would have went to the 2020 world, and lets say Byakuran started his conquest a few days/months/years(its unlikely to be years).

Even if you don’t believe in the theory that I believed in, let’s talk about your theory. There’s a chance that should the TYL Lambo came from a future which branch off from the Lambo Vs Large fight, he would have known the outcome.
    The bazooka is NOT a time traveling device that takes you to the future that you will go to. It calculates the events that have happened thus far and switches Lambo to the future that he most likely will go based on these past events. TYL Lambo wouldn't have known about the Simon battles in the first place because the present Lambo (and his timeline) does not have the outcome of who would win/lose.
    Since the fight against Large have already started ,what happened from the time when the time when the battle started to 10 years later? It's impossible (in TYL Lambo's memories) whereby in 1 moment he fights Large then after a while he simply just isn't at the arena. Its true at the point in time the winner is not decided, but since TYL is somewhere in the future and since he got switched during the battle, something must have happened in the future. If not what happened during the time the battle is supposed to be carrying on.
    Another thing: TYL Lambo didn't know how to work his Vongola Gear as he had to have Tsuna and Gokudera coach him to activate it. Seeing how the only way to fight effectively against Large is to use the Vongola X Cambio Forma armor, wouldn't this TYL Lambo already know how to work it?
    If TYL Lambo couldn't remember bits of his past its not far fetched to think that he had forgotten how to use the VG.
    Last edited by hdiuy; October 25, 2010 at 09:45 AM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member iPikachu's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wulfy View Post
    Vongola in Chinese has 3 characters (彭哥列)
    da last character is 列 and it's pernounced as "lee-ai"
    so it's more like vongole then vongola.....
    thought it was pronounced "lie(4)"
    OTL

bongore = vongole cause of the v/b and r/l thing right

so its shimon or simon? (following japanese shi) is it written as per on the letter "simon" but pronounced as shimon? im still confused
    LURK LURK LURK

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner tracery's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hdiuy View Post
    There could be a ton of reasons like Lambo being too young to remember, or that he couldn’t remember and by the time Lambo grew up to the point where the others could have told him it is possible that the others died .

When Irie 1st used the Ten years bazooka he didn’t went to the future of the future arc because at that time Byakuran have yet to conquer the world. Lets say when Irie 1st used the bazooka at year 2010 he would have went to the 2020 world, and lets say Byakuran started his conquest a few days/months/years(its unlikely to be years).

Even if you don’t believe in the theory that I believed in, let’s talk about your theory. There’s a chance that should the TYL Lambo came from a future which branch off from the Lambo Vs Large fight, he would have known the outcome.

Since the fight against Large have already started ,what happened from the time when the time when the battle started to 10 years later? It's impossible (in TYL Lambo's memories) whereby in 1 moment he fights Large then after a while he simply just isn't at the arena. Its true at the point in time the winner is not decided, but since TYL is somewhere in the future and since he got switched during the battle, something must have happened in the future. If not what happened during the time the battle is supposed to be carrying on.

If TYL Lambo couldn't remember bits of his past its not far fetched to think that he had forgotten how to use the VG.

Can't this all just as easily be explained by the fact that he Lambo said he hit his head or something during the travel and didn't remember anything up until that point? That's what I think he said, at least...

New Reply
Page 54 of 78 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 64 ... LastLast