Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)

View Poll Results: will we find out what happened during the blank century

Voters
111. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

109 98.20%
  • no

2 1.80%
New Reply
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: The "Blank/Void Century": What is it Really?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member white silver's Avatar
    In an island at the center of the Atlantic Ocean.
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: void century

Quote Originally Posted by baxteristic
    Maybe. Maybe it's just the same poneglyph Robin was reading. Just at different angle or just been smashed to the lower levels where Robin and Cobra found it.
    [b][font=verdana][color=green][size=1]But that's kinda like (a few days) walk from there eh. For some reason, Oda seems to approve, I mean it would REALLY affect the storyline if there was no reason behind it.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, there IS a chance that is the rio poneglyph they(Luffy, Zoro and Chopper) discovered in Arabasta.
    No one have discovered it yet, except for those "idiots"...

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member bax's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by close-kun
    Well, there IS a chance that is the rio poneglyph they(Luffy, Zoro and Chopper) discovered in Arabasta.
    No one have discovered it yet, except for those "idiots"...
    Isn't it that Robin commented the Rion Poneglyph is on Raftel? She commented this after she read the Poneglyph when the SH were on Skypiea.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Dark Zeza's Avatar
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Umm... What is this "rio" or "Rion" Poneglyh you're talking about? Is it the Poneglyphs that tell the true history?

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member bax's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Zeza
    Umm... What is this "rio" or "Rion" Poneglyh you're talking about? Is it the Poneglyphs that tell the true history?
    Rio Poneglyph (I spelled that wrong previously ) is likely to contain the True History of the Void Century. Well, Robin said that she must follow all the Poneglyph to the end of GL (Raftel) after she read that Jaya Poneglyph on Skypiea. It is presumed that the Rio Poneglyph indeed contains the 100 years that lost in the Void Century and Roger has carried the Poneglyph to Raftel during his conquest.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Dark Zeza's Avatar
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baxteristic
    Rio Poneglyph (I spelled that wrong previously ) is likely to contain the True History of the Void Century. Well, Robin said that she must follow all the Poneglyph to the end of GL (Raftel) after she read that Jaya Poneglyph on Skypiea. It is presumed that the Rio Poneglyph indeed contains the 100 years that lost in the Void Century and Roger has carried the Poneglyph to Raftel during his conquest.
    Oh, and I think that the one in Jaya and Alabasta is two of the Rio poneglyph (I called it real poneglyph though). I thought Roger just carried the word to Raftel and left the poneglyph behind.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity mugen's Avatar
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I think that the enemy of that great civlization was the Gorōsei
    click to join mangahelpers facebook group

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner sanjis the name's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The 'Blank Century' what really is it

Also referred to as the Void Century or the Blank Page of History, this is the period 800 years ago when a great civilization dominated the world and then at the end of the century they disappeared. At the end of the century the World Government came to power and censored everything that happened in the previous 100 years.

This period became known as the blank century because there is nothing left to acknowledge anything whatever happened during that time. The only surviving written accounts of the events of the Blank Century are on the Rio Poneglyph. This has prompted historians to search far and wide for the Rio Poneglyph. However, the World Government is desperate to keep the Blank Century a secret; they've obliterated entire islands to kill the archaeologists capable of deciphering the poneglyphs, and when eight-year-old Nico Robin escaped one such assault, the World Government responded by putting a 79-Million-Berry bounty on her head. These harsh actions have led many to assume that the true history of the Blank Century contains information which puts the World Government in severely bad light.

Finding the true history of the Blank Century is Robin's dream.

do u guys think we will find out what happened during the blank century

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impel Down's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The 'Blank Century' what really is it

Yeah, I should hope so. Probably in the very end when they're facing the WG as a whole, they'll learn how evil it truly is, and then they'll just kick the ass of whoever the main villain is.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Brunei
    Post Thanks / Like

I am thinking the gorosei whom have always killed off people whom knew about the poneglyph were once part of that ancient civilization. Maybe the descendent's whom betrayed and tried to rule the world or something. As usual just guessing that the D family are also part of that ancient civilization. The random protectors or the ones that cause the most trouble anyways.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner sanjis the name's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I never thought of that it makes You think how they got to power in there position and are they strong.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I personally think that all D's are decedents from the ancients. Probably thats why Gol D Roger could read the ancients language. Another thing i really hope Oda tells us why the hell the government dogs were able to capture Roger. ;;

Impel Down Why the heck is Nami pregnant? X.X who's baby is that???????????
    Last edited by Killerej112; August 07, 2007 at 01:56 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Killerej112 View Post
    Impel Down Why the heck is Nami pregnant? X.X who's baby is that???????????
    Well...impel has some other hobbies then typing in this forum, too

Anyways..i think these years explain the rise of the world government, the role of the D family, the goal of revolutioners (i think they found out the truth) and of course gol d. rogers aims and why he got captured. but we have to wait a long time until we find out, because this will definitly lead the way into the final fight with the hardest villians (those 5 old geezers, the admirals, and so on). i think it will revealed if luffy meets dragon and his followers. then they will fight togetehr against the wg (luffy is alraedy the enemy number 1 for the wg. especially after enies lobby)

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member IgnorantSage's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    then they will fight togetehr against the wg (luffy is alraedy the enemy number 1 for the wg. especially after enies lobby)
    Luffy is not the No. 1 enemy of the World Government, that position still belongs to Dragon followed probably by the Yonkou. And I don't think Luffy and Dragon are going to join forces since they have their own ideals. Luffy doesn't really care about the WG, he and the other Strawhats just want to fulfill their dreams and if the WG gets in their way then they'll just have to kick it's ass.

On the Blank Century, I am of the same opinion as the others that the D's have something to do with the ancient civilization. As to how, I do not know...

Too many things to do
    Too lazy to take action

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impel Down's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think that they're really involved with it, but the family is related to the aftermath of the Blank Century.

And it's true: Luffy is not the WG's biggest problem. They focus on bigger things, like the Yonkou, the Revolutionaries, BB. It's like they're making dinner and the SHs are the bratty little kid who keeps bothering them until they give him a cookie to leave them alone.

New Reply
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast