Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)

View Poll Results: will we find out what happened during the blank century

Voters
111. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

109 98.20%
  • no

2 1.80%
New Reply
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: The "Blank/Void Century": What is it Really?

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Imitorar's Avatar
    A world of my own creation located within the depths of my mind.
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The 'Blank Century' what really is it

Quote Originally Posted by IgnorantSage View Post
    Luffy is not the No. 1 enemy of the World Government, that position still belongs to Dragon followed probably by the Yonkou. And I don't think Luffy and Dragon are going to join forces since they have their own ideals. Luffy doesn't really care about the WG, he and the other Strawhats just want to fulfill their dreams and if the WG gets in their way then they'll just have to kick it's ass.
    Said perfectly, especially the last two sentences. I think that we'll definitely find out about the Void Century. To do that is Robin's dream, and if Skypiea was any indication, that WILL affect some future arc of One Piece. Oda-sensei wouldn't have put all those hints about the World Government and the ancient civilization if he didn't intend to do something with it. I'm almost sure that the knowledge of what happened during the Void Century will affect the final few confrontations in One Piece. And I like the idea of the D's having something to do with the Void Century, I hadn't thought of that, but it's good... Hm, maybe Dragon knows some of what happened, and that's why he started the revolution. Maybe he can read Poneglyphs too, or he may just have heard some rumors and old stories. Old stories are a good source of information in the Grand Line, the story of Montblanc Norland being proof. There might be an old story somewhere that tells something of what happened in the Void Century, and Dragon read it or heard it somehow.

Sigpic gotten from Impel Down

Banned 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

of course. if there isnt there would be no point in having robin join the crew, besides being the obkect of sanji and all of us boys affections.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impel Down's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Everyone has a role in the crew, so of course she has to be able to do something, not just break Marines' necks. But yeah, her primary use is reading Poneglyphs. But then again, Nami's primary use is navigation, and Sanji's primary use is cooking, so on, so forth.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member matrice's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

They have to discover the secret of the black century: it's Robin's dream, and probably when they will found the One Piece they will find that too, since Gold D: Roger has wrote something like thet in the poneglift in Skypiea.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I imagine he read it, although I dunno if he'd really care. After all, Kokoro said he was stupid like Luffy, and Luffy doesn't even care about the Revolutionaries or the WG!

But yeah, of course they WILL discover it. All the dreams have to be fulfilled!

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner sanjis the name's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The 'Blank/Void Century' what really is it?

im glad my tread is merged with another one bigger discussion

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Btw, the poneglyph shown in Arabasta, where Luffy and Zoro fall down, that episode is a filler, so I doubt that poneglyph will come into the story again anywhere..

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, and they didn't even translate it or anything, so I doubt it would have helped them anyway. But it IS filler, so we can't really say that it will do...anything.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Void History

I just finshed wacthing all the OP episodes, man i sware to god this is the only anime that can bring tears to my eyes with laughter and sadness.

Any way wut i wanted to say is that does anyone remember during the Alabasta arc when Luffy, Zoro, and Chopper were lost in the dessert? Well i remember them finding a underground ruin with a Poneglyphs stone and of course the idiots dont even know wut it is even after Robin joins there crew they never bring it up. I also remember during the Alabasta arc that robin askes the king if there are any other Poneglyphs stones besides the one he lead her to, and he said no. So now I'm wondering what if that stone that those 3 idiots discorved is the stone that tells about the lost history? @.@

Just wanted to know of you guys Op's about this? x.x

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Imitorar's Avatar
    A world of my own creation located within the depths of my mind.
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Viod History

This was an anime filler episode with no relation to the manga whatsoever. Therefore, it counts for nothing. Ignore it, it was merely there to take up space.

Sigpic gotten from Impel Down

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

*facepalm*

That scene has come up so many times in discussion...I don't even understand the reasoning behind putting it into the anime, other than as a foreshadow.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Dhomochevsky's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I just voted and it seems that I am the only one who thinks that we won't find out what happened in the Void Century. I choose no because there was no option for learning part of the history. I don't think that the entire Void history will be explained but we will learn some things about it(enough to keep making us ask questions). I personally don't think Oda-sensei has thought out the entire Void Century because it seems like it could be it's own separate manga/series.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, obviously, he wouldn't have every single detail about it exactly, but he'd obviously say what happened during it that made the "Kingdom" collapse, let the WG take over, and probably show why they are so evil.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Dhomochevsky's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I suppose if/when he does explain everything, it wouldn't be till later on when the Void history becomes crucial/vital to the crew's adventure. It seems that plotlines about the past (Montblanc Norland, Ohara to mention some) only happen when it is directly related to what is happening in the present (the destruction of Ohara was shown after Robin realized Spandam had the Buster Call, if I remember correctly).

I wonder how the Void Century would be explained though...

It could be from the point of view of what Robin discovers on the Poneglyphs but it could come from the WG's perspective.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Can't it just be when Robin reads the Rio Poneglyph? Maybe it's right before the WG "kills them", giving Robin time to read it, filling Luffy and Co. with rage, they break free and fight [insert villain]

New Reply
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast