Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: will we find out what happened during the blank century

Voters
111. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

109 98.20%
  • no

2 1.80%
New Reply
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: The "Blank/Void Century": What is it Really?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The "Blank/Void Century": What is it Really?

I had a similar idea that Tenryuubitos maybe arent descendants of 20 kings and they hiding it. All the power and all the money that they have coming from the fact that they are descendants of kings. If striped of that label they have peanuts..
    Sorry for my Engrish...

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    That are some weird theories you got there.

A D. leading the 20 Kingdoms instead of defending those that came prior, would make no sense at all with the current depiction of the Void Century and World Government. Also Blackbeard isn't the only exception, as Newgate has mention many Ds living somewhere not being heroic like Gol or Luffy.

I think Neptunes own experiences as a kid/adult are enough to make him despise human so much in the past, everything prior to Newgates intervention might have caused them to hate humans, like slavetrading and mostly human pirates.

Looking at Lvneel Kingdom's king[Noland] four centuries back, it hints to most of them being greedy to some degree.
    A D. would be part of the 20 kings, though, not be the sole ruler. Maybe there was something horrible that happened to him and his kingdom that convinced the WG to create blank century. Didn't two D., Luffy and Gol, come from East Blue? Maybe East Blue was a D.'s kingdom.

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    A D. would be part of the 20 kings, though, not be the sole ruler. Maybe there was something horrible that happened to him and his kingdom that convinced the WG to create blank century. Didn't two D., Luffy and Gol, come from East Blue? Maybe East Blue was a D.'s kingdom.
    Dragon, Luffy, and Roger are both from East Blue. Ace was not born in East Blue but obviously he grew up there. Roger is native to Loguetown. In chapter 586 it was confirmed Dragon was from Goa Kingdom, where Luffy grew up. There is definitely a connection between D., the Blank Century, and the Ancient Kingdom. All four of the currently identified D. have strong ties to East Blue. That has to be extremely important. Right now I could not do more than speculate on what the connection is.

The Tenryuubito are descended from the Twenty Kings. Having the likes of Roger and Dragon also descended from the founders of the World Government would be kind of an awkward plot twist. It would make more sense if "D." are the survivors who retain the memory of the ancient kingdom in their subconscious. That would explain the rebellious streak D. always exhibits.
    Last edited by Kaiten; May 01, 2012 at 01:55 PM.

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

It would also mean they're related or have some voodoo shit if they really do retain such memories.

It wouldn't be impossible though. There have been descendants who have sought to undo the evil their ancestors have done, no? The D. line can be part of the World Government or Twenty Kings and still be rebellious, like how Garp is in the military. The way he laughed and shrugged off Luffy invading Impel Down could show just how carefree the D. line was. So far, D. has shown to be serious when the situation has called for it, even Luffy.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Post Thanks / Like

actually its scientific fact that we inherit our parrents memories.. not so much memories as much as knowlege and subconscious process, for example it will be easier for baby to learn native language of their parrents than some other language... no voodoo required
    Sorry for my Engrish...

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Isn't that because the parents speak the language? The baby would pick up on it.

Besides, Dragon looks like he's the opposite of Garp. Where Garp is carefree and chill, Dragon looks serious and to-business.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope Dragon and the revolutionaries know a part of what happened during the void century,because that's would be a great reason to be against the WG. yet,the fact robin stayed there and hasn't told anything yet pissed me off.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

There's no need to look for corruption and actions from the long past, when those crueltiess are still persistent or even worse than before.

I assume the Grandline kingdoms to be more moderate than those from the Blues, because it wasn't originally part of the 20 Kingdoms, which is I believe the reason for no Tenryuubito to have shown up till now aside from SA/MJ. Or Oda will suprise me with more tyrans like Wapol, once he introduces some more members in the next Reverie.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

but I said that because dragon's signs reminds me of the pogne grieffs. also,the fact they looked for robin hints that they are connected to that story,otherwise I don't see any connection between them. I mean,Kuma knows the revolutionaries very well,and he sent zoro to mihawk,nami to a place where they were strengthening weather abilities,franky to vegapunk's lab ecc. so robin's aim must be connected to the revolutionaries.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    It would also mean they're related or have some voodoo shit if they really do retain such memories.

It wouldn't be impossible though. There have been descendants who have sought to undo the evil their ancestors have done, no? The D. line can be part of the World Government or Twenty Kings and still be rebellious, like how Garp is in the military. The way he laughed and shrugged off Luffy invading Impel Down could show just how carefree the D. line was. So far, D. has shown to be serious when the situation has called for it, even Luffy.
    It's not a bad theory but does not fit the plot IMO. Luffy and Roger represent freedom, individualism, and accepting others for who they are. The Tenryuubito represent conformity, suppression, and exclusion. We know that the Tenryuubito are direct descendants of the twenty kings, wouldn't it make sense if "D.", the nemesis of their World Government, were living descendents of the ancient kingdom they deposed?

Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    I hope Dragon and the revolutionaries know a part of what happened during the void century,because that's would be a great reason to be against the WG. yet,the fact robin stayed there and hasn't told anything yet pissed me off.
    It is not unreasonable to think they know something, though there is no reason to be certain of it. I doubt they know much, no one alive seems to have extensive knowledge, aside from Robin. That is why I think they were interested in her, she could probably tell them a great deal about the Void Century, and better explain what they do know. Maybe they knew something she did not, which would explain why Kuma sent her there. It is not as though the history is completely unknown: Crocodile knew that the Alabasta poneglyph records the location of Pluton. As guardian of Poseidon, Neptune knew of Joy Boy.

Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    but I said that because dragon's signs reminds me of the pogne grieffs. also,the fact they looked for robin hints that they are connected to that story,otherwise I don't see any connection between them. I mean,Kuma knows the revolutionaries very well,and he sent zoro to mihawk,nami to a place where they were strengthening weather abilities,franky to vegapunk's lab ecc. so robin's aim must be connected to the revolutionaries.
    As I said above, it would not be unreasonable for the Revolutionaries to know a piece of the true history. I doubt they know much, but they would not be the first characters to know something.

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Wouldn't mind that, but we've seen a D. and heard that there were many other D.s who were bad. There could have been good D.s and bad D.s back then as well, some who were powerful. Good D.s so far have been laidback and carefree, with the exception of Dragon and to extent, Ace. Even Blackbeard was shown to be a fun guy, even if an asshole. Maybe one thing that D.s have in common is that they like to challenge everything, though even they might not have been able take on sheer number of the kings.

I wonder just how much Dragon knows about the Void Century. Something had to encourage him to create a revolution against the World Government and the way things were ran. Maybe Dragon knows quite a bit about the Void Century based on the way he's challenging the Marines and government (or the kingdom, if not both).

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

It was never mentioned that there are many bad D.s out there, only that Blackbeard isn't a true one in the sense of Roger's dream and there are a lot others out there living a normal life like everybody else, but he didn't talk about villain type D.s.

I would like to see the RA fight against the monarchies for the sake of the people instead of deeds done in the past. The past can boost and reinforce their morality and reasoning for the revolutions, but it shouldn't be the main reason IMO. Dragon grew up in Goa, saw the decay of society and took it upon himself to give the feeedom back to the people, it's not mysterious or special, but it's a variation of the drive for freedom that Luffy and Roger possess/ed.
    Last edited by Schabrak; May 03, 2012 at 08:10 AM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

@Kaiten, LOL,maybe Robin didn't want to share infos with the revolutionaries because of what Rayleigh had told her at sabaody ,that is she will have to discover that by herself. what a loser !

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    It was never mentioned that there are many bad D.s out there, only that Blackbeard isn't a true one in the sense of Roger's dream and there are a lot others out there living a normal life like everybody else, but he didn't talk about villain type D.s.

I would like to see the RA fight against the monarchies for the sake of the people instead of deeds done in the past. The past can boost and reinforce their morality and reasoning for the revolutions, but it shouldn't be the main reason IMO. Dragon grew up in Goa, saw the decay of society and took it upon himself to give the feeedom back to the people, it's not mysterious or special, but it's a variation of the drive for freedom that Luffy and Roger possess/ed.
    I think that the atrocities of the past and oppression of the present are meant to be connected. The past represents the beginning of a long pattern of oppression that has continued, uninterrupted, into the present day. Fighting for the past is the same as fighting for the present. The Revolutionaries would understand that, the common people might not. Most citizens of the world would not be aware that there is an alternative, that things were better before the World Government. They may think the World Government is the only way, that the current oppression has no alternative. Revealing the ancient history would expose the lies that the World Government is built on, akin to exposing the man behind the curtain in the Wizard of Oz. Suddenly the present seems less tolerable when history tells you that freedom and civil rights were once possible. The true history is guaranteed to earn the Revolutionaries a great deal of sympathy, and the government considerable animosity, and both sides know it.

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Palau
    Post Thanks / Like

The "Blank/Void Century": What is it Really?
    -I think it's either a World Wide Government Cruel Dictatorship or It's a Century of Great Tragedy

New Reply
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6