Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2)

View Poll Results: will we find out what happened during the blank century

Voters
111. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

109 98.20%
  • no

2 1.80%
New Reply
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: The "Blank/Void Century": What is it Really?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member neild's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

The "Blank/Void Century": What is it Really?

Quote Originally Posted by neild View Post
    what do u guys think about the void century?
    what it is that is so important that gov wants to keep a secret, and killing innocent people...it must be something bad, nasty, and has something to do with pirates.maybe they once destroy all the pirates in the so called void century..

so just to confirm.by collecting the poneglyrph, we can know the void century.is that right?

ready to hear your thoughts
    Quote Originally Posted by sanjis the name View Post
    Also referred to as the Void Century or the Blank Page of History, this is the period 800 years ago when a great civilization dominated the world and then at the end of the century they disappeared. At the end of the century the World Government came to power and censored everything that happened in the previous 100 years.

This period became known as the blank century because there is nothing left to acknowledge anything whatever happened during that time. The only surviving written accounts of the events of the Blank Century are on the Rio Poneglyph. This has prompted historians to search far and wide for the Rio Poneglyph. However, the World Government is desperate to keep the Blank Century a secret; they've obliterated entire islands to kill the archaeologists capable of deciphering the poneglyphs, and when eight-year-old Nico Robin escaped one such assault, the World Government responded by putting a 79-Million-Berry bounty on her head. These harsh actions have led many to assume that the true history of the Blank Century contains information which puts the World Government in severely bad light.

Finding the true history of the Blank Century is Robin's dream.

do u guys think we will find out what happened during the blank century
    Moderator message by: Luckas
    Threads merged, I collected in this post the first posts by the thread starters.
    Last edited by Luckas; August 16, 2007 at 12:41 PM.
    our dreams....
    luffy: ...to become the king of pirates!!
    zoro: ...to become the world's greatest swordsman!!
    nami: ...to draw the map of the world!!
    ussop: ...to be a brave warrior of the sea!!
    sanji: ...to find all blue!!
    chopper: ...to become the best doctor in the world!!
    robin: ...to find the true history!
    franky: ...to become world's greatest shipwright!!
    going merry: ..to Sail together with the strawhats Forever!
    neilson (myself):....to watch houston rockets' game live and see yao ming in person...

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Dark Zeza's Avatar
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: void century

In the voild century (blank century), the world government was created. So world government wanted to hide the history that they killed some group of people, race or maybe innocent people. My thought, if it has been revealed, the World Government will look like villain group automatically.

By collecting the REAL poneglyph (Robin mentioned before cannot remember when) we will know the true story of that blank century. According to the writing on the golden bell in Skypea, Pirate King Gold Roger knew it and tried to reveal it to the world. My thought, the D people are the one who are trying to reveal that fact to the whole world.

These are my idea though.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member neild's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

so what is mentioned in the first poneglyph found in alabasta?
    and the second poneglyph in skypea?
    if it is written by human, how can it be spread around the world?
    our dreams....
    luffy: ...to become the king of pirates!!
    zoro: ...to become the world's greatest swordsman!!
    nami: ...to draw the map of the world!!
    ussop: ...to be a brave warrior of the sea!!
    sanji: ...to find all blue!!
    chopper: ...to become the best doctor in the world!!
    robin: ...to find the true history!
    franky: ...to become world's greatest shipwright!!
    going merry: ..to Sail together with the strawhats Forever!
    neilson (myself):....to watch houston rockets' game live and see yao ming in person...

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Uh huh, in Alabasta it seem to be about Pluton, and in Skypea it is about Poseidon.

In chapter 301, It seem that Robin thought the info was useless because it was about weapon at first. After reading what Roger wrote on the Bell, she seem to notice something what Real Poneglyph is. Then brought all the clue in one piece to Raftel.

Ah hem... I think Gold Roger put all the clue together rearranging them all into ONE-PIECE and put them in Raftel. Luffy jsut go there and read them. "One piece" of the blank century, it is the treasure of the world.

Again these are my idea though.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Zeza
    Uh huh, in Alabasta it seem to be about Pluton, and in Skypea it is about Poseidon.

In chapter 301, It seem that Robin thought the info was useless because it was about weapon at first. After reading what Roger wrote on the Bell, she seem to notice something what Real Poneglyph is. Then brought all the clue in one piece to Raftel.

Ah hem... I think Gold Roger put all the clue together rearranging them all into ONE-PIECE and put them in Raftel. Luffy jsut go there and read them. "One piece" of the blank century, it is the treasure of the world.

Again these are my idea though.
    This is an awesome idea!!The only thing we can do though is wait and read!!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member bakashijinsan's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

yep that's what i'm thinking actually. this theory is great. perhaps it really is the secret of One Piece. to piece all of the fragments of the lost history into "one piece".

perhaps roger discovered it and that maybe the reason why he got executed. well, him being a pirate is a reason enough to execute him but this may be the real deal on why he was dubbed the pirate king and on why even those with the slightest relation to him are sentenced to die (like Tom). the government may be fearing that the history discovered by roger may leak out so they are tracing every single one that roger may have an acquaintance with.

nice theory btw Dark Zeza

but you know, i do hope your theory is wrong. why? coz it'll take all of the excitement of the story. >_< sorry

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the comments. As alekosss_kenpachi said we have to wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by bakashijinsan
    but you know, i do hope your theory is wrong. why? coz it'll take all of the excitement of the story. >_< sorry
    Hahahaha! Don't worry about that maybe I am wrong. By the way as you all know, Oda sensei is genius.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member bax's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Pluton is on Alabasta and Poseidon is actually on Jaya (before the Knock Up Stream blast it to the sky)

True. Eventhough I like the idea of One Piece is the DF tree, but this is the most possible thing. After all, knowledge is the best treasure. It will bring meaning not to just the SH, but the entire world.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity mugen's Avatar
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the void century is connected to the devil fruits fore some unknown reason. Probably they came from there.
    click to join mangahelpers facebook group

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member patz's Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the void century is about D will and Luffy's ancestors. In the end, all pirate will unite and fight against WG.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member white silver's Avatar
    In an island at the center of the Atlantic Ocean.
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

[b][font=verdana][color=green][size=1]Correct me if I'm wrong, in the Anime, Luffy falls down with Zorro and Chopper in Alabasta (on their way to Crocodile) there was..... a ponyglyph right??????? Is there 2 in that country?

Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

I rewatched it, and it does look like poneglyph. But, I guess that's just a mistake, or another carvings that looks like a poneglyph. After all, they were fighting in some kind of historic place...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member white silver's Avatar
    In an island at the center of the Atlantic Ocean.
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baxteristic
    I rewatched it, and it does look like poneglyph. But, I guess that's just a mistake, or another carvings that looks like a poneglyph. After all, they were fighting in some kind of historic place...
    [b][font=verdana][color=green][size=1]Luffy was unable to break it (A ponyglyph characteristic), maybe it would have something to do in the future of the Anime
    Spoiler: WTF show

Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe. Maybe it's just the same poneglyph Robin was reading. Just at different angle or just been smashed to the lower levels where Robin and Cobra found it.

Seriously, I don't know about that. Perhaps it has a greater meaning in future. But right now, I'm just viewing it as a mistake or something Oda wants to be happening in the anime.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Nobody knows about that period, 'coz I ruled at that time :P
    Just Kiddin'

New Reply
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast