Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2) , Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Goku vs Superman

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner sleepysam's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: GOKU VS SUPERMAN

Goku can destroy planets without even breaking a sweat. The whole Kryptonian civilization was wiped out by one planetary explosion. One Kamehameha from Goku and Superman is toast.

Banned 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Congo-Kinshasa
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by strongarm85 View Post
    Here is the thing, superman gets his powers from the sun.

Goku got his powers by fighting and training his entire life.

So, if you took Goku, even in a non-powered up state. Goku can maintain his strength no matter where he is. The only thing Goku would need to do to defeat Superman is bring him to a Planet, which he can do instantly, that does not have a yellow sun and superman would loose all his powers, and the fight would be over.
    Point Given. . damn Superman has too many weaknesses

Scanlator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity yoniekai's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

goku will pwn supe no doubt. goku can destroy earth for all he cares and take a crying superman with it
    `(•.°)~

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

would anyone seriously pick superman over goku? superman is a scrub and Goku has a vast array of powers that could disintegrate him in a heartbeat, im pretty sure everyone agrees that Goku is just way more badass than superman on any given day..there wouldn't even be a need to turn super saiyan..faster than a speeding bullet, goku had that handled as a child haha and in terms of strength..superman sure hes strong he can hold up airplanes..while Goku could punch through mountains and blow up planets I think its clear who the victor would be

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually, if comic book characters were scripted into anime, they're powers and power lvls would certainly adjust.

I bet Goku and Superman would be a tie if Superman were adapted to anime.

Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

heh..i just thought bout sumthing..if supe were to fight goku and maybe,maybe if supe win against goku,supe would not kill goku..however,goku will be stronger after his fights,so goku will duel with supe again,and supe will of course kneeling for forgiveness from goku...even supe died fighting with doomsday(an alien that came d same day as supe but never made it to d earth surface until one day)..
    therefore,goku will owez win no matter who hie foe is..

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member bighawke5's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

goku would own....1st goin from saiyan to supersaiyan 4 in the amount of 10 hours thats fast even for him hehehe and then a chou kamehameha on superman then superman dodges and looks like goku was infact doin a wark chou kamehameha and bamm on superman's back

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Omi's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Lets say the S-man is invulnerable such that Goku can't hurt him physically. Goku can always instant trans him anywhere in the universe or spirit realm. If he happens to be stronger than Goku in their first fight, Goku eats a sensui bean (I forget the name) and he is about twice as strong as before. Plus it seems that the stronger the opponent the stronger Goku gets ... probably ending up in SS5 or higher if he needs to be.

But for the two to fight they will have to go to a planet far far away cause the the planet is going to be in a trillion pieces before they finish the first hour. It would suck for Superman because Goku would want to keep fighting as long as his stomach doesn't get in the way. But then again I doubt the S-man can touch Goku ... the difference in their speeds is just unfair. Plus the S-man's only energy attack is almost DB power level as opposed to DBZ power levels. Maybe the fight might show us the limitations of Superman's powers (unless someone makes a rule that he has infinite power).

Anyway, Goku owns Superman and the World ends ... unless if Goku simply gives Superman a ride on a Kamehameha into space.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Paper's Avatar
    Country
    Earth Kindom
    Post Thanks / Like

i grew up with both superman and goku in my "heroes" roster....so i'm really friggin torn when it comes to this match-up....why don't we add some handicaps? instead of having then duke it out, lets have them do a race around the world? superman has intense speed, and goku has teleportation. to make things fair, they have to collect various things from each country, and goku both of them are required to stay at their destinations for at least 5 hours?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner KnightLancer's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello, I'm new (as is attested by my low low post count.)

Couldn't help but notice this thread, and perhaps some severe injustice ol' Big Blue was facing here...

Thus, I shall try to perhaps raise some of your opinions about Superman, even if I can never quite convince you that he'd beat Goku (which I sincerely believe he could). I just hope I'm not committing thread necromancy.
    ---
    To Start off, we'll begin with the scope and intensity of Superman's Heat Vision

Here, he uses it to raise the temperature of the entire earth by several degrees, to counter-act a global cooling effect. Note the fact that he's using heat vision to heat up the entire planet and the atmosphere. And note that it would take a tremendous amount of energy, orders of magnitude beyond a hydrogen bomb, to heat up the planet so quickly.

Here's another example of the range and power of heat vision, with Superman pulling off his own "parting of the sea" right there. Since Goku has had quite the history of not being able to seriously deal with strong heat (magma for one thing), I'm sure even a single heat vision blast would do serious damage to Goku.

Next, we move on to Superman's durability, which I believe far outclasses any form of Goku's (SSJ, SSJ2, SSJ3, and yes, SSJ4)

Superman flies through a Red Sun, the kind that drains him of his powers. Note that he also flew past a field of kryptonite in order to reach that sun. This occurred in Infinite Crisis, when Superman and Superman of Earth-2 were trying to weaken Superboy Prime.

Superman, during a possible future fight with the villain Khyber, is thrown into the earth with ridiculous force. He survives this.

Lava? Volcanic Eruption? Pffffft. This occurred after the above picture.

Superman goes back to a fraction of a microsecond after the big bang, survives handily, all the while shoving Warworld, a small planet that is actively resisting him with planet-moving engines, into the big bang. Note: Superman is sun-dipped, so he did get a power boost. Still, it's quite a feat.

Next: Superspeed

Superman has just finished up beating Livewire on the other side of the city. Metropolis, being about New York City sized. That'd mean he'd at least have to be several miles away. That means he accelerated quickly enough to a speed fast enough for him to reach a bullet that was already fired at Lois, who was less than 10 feet away from the gunman when he was more than several miles away.

Next: Willpower >>> Kryptonite

Lex Luthor had a huge kryptonian warmachine, and pumped full of practically all the kryptonite on earth. But Superman summoned the willpower to smash through it, even after being hit by Kryptonite beams.

Next: Crazy wonky stuff.

Superman defies death, literally.

Oh and...

Quote Originally Posted by sleepysam View Post
    Goku can destroy planets without even breaking a sweat. The whole Kryptonian civilization was wiped out by one planetary explosion. One Kamehameha from Goku and Superman is toast.
    Well...wasn't the Saiyan race more or less wiped out by the explosion of planet Vegeta? (Even if said explosion was caused by Frieza...) Besides, Kryptonians on Krypton are more or less at normal human power levels, Superman is obviously, far far beyond that.

Also: Superman can survive in outer space, Goku can't. If Goku fires off a Kamehameha and Superman dodges it (which is likely, cause those things don't seem to be much faster than your average bullet) and it hits whatever planet they're fighting on, Goku's screwed. (Assuming it actually blows up the planet instead of leaving a crater, funny how selective Ki blasts are for doing that sort of thing...)

Quote Originally Posted by rykarreolacr View Post
    Goku can blow up the universe with his finger... Superman can blow up a truck, maybe?
    Goku definitely can't blow up the universe with his finger, considering even in his arguably most powerful form (SSJ4) he did barely anything to put him above SSJ (besides having a higher number in the title). And uh, by the pictures I've put up, Superman can definitely blow up more than a truck...
    Last edited by KnightLancer; June 16, 2007 at 09:53 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member bighawke5's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by level4paperboy View Post
    i grew up with both superman and goku in my "heroes" roster....so i'm really friggin torn when it comes to this match-up....why don't we add some handicaps? instead of having then duke it out, lets have them do a race around the world? superman has intense speed, and goku has teleportation. to make things fair, they have to collect various things from each country, and goku both of them are required to stay at their destinations for at least 5 hours?
    true those 2 affected me as a boy like GI JOE action figures should to boys

anyhow once superman and goku both have speed and neither can be as fast as the speed of light but goku comes close because i dont remember superman runnin in an instant from earth to another planet lighyears away...althought i remember him being almost beat in a race against flash...and flash can go at the speed of light since he's flash..so yeah goku might be ownin in the speed area

next strengths...guke has the all togetherness of ppl on his side..wat i mean is he has the spirit bomb...something which can't be kicked away since it explodes on contact and the bigger and stronger it is the harder it is to resist it for a sec if i recall the BUU saga

fighting skills....
    goku has been well tought in the ways of the shaolin monks and was more then able to beat beasts ten times his size at a young age much like superman.....saiyans have the fightin blood in them unlike what we know from kryptonians who seem to have soldiers but they arent a fightin race like the saiyans
    kung fu plus super alien like powers and fightin experience from many diff alien specias and ability to recover strength from beans against superman...

but lets not cut superman short since superman also had pretty much the same fightin experiences as goku fightin many alien entities and such but lets say the sun is what's keeping superman strong...goku grabs on to superman and teleports to another galaxy far away from the sun...and full of kryptons...that would mean superman would loose his powers and then goku can use the super spirit bomb on him and end it....
    Last edited by bighawke5; June 22, 2007 at 06:09 PM.

Country
    Earth Kindom
    Post Thanks / Like

true...it has been proven that superman is a biitch without the sun... all goku has to do is bring him to a darkass place and duke it out with him there...in a way i'm really for goku since i'm a bigger fan of DBZ than i am of superman (i've always liked..you guessed it..batman better).

oh god...lol...
    scene: *goku grabs superman and teleports him to a really dark place* goku says- WHERE'S YOUR GOD NOW?

sorry...i couldn't help it....

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member the_hellbringer's Avatar
    Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

Not only to a dark place... he can teleport with him to a planet with a red sun. And in there superman will be as defenceless as a 5 year old boy in the middle of World War Hulk.

Remember that when they made Sperman fight Mohamed Ali, they fought in a ring with a red lamp so the fight in equal conditions.
    He has resurrected!!
    And now with more CORN!!

Go, Dancing Jesus!!

Don't look this spoiler. It's empty. Don't open it!

Spoiler show

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner KnightLancer's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by the_hellbringer View Post
    Not only to a dark place... he can teleport with him to a planet with a red sun. And in there superman will be as defenceless as a 5 year old boy in the middle of World War Hulk.

Remember that when they made Sperman fight Mohamed Ali, they fought in a ring with a red lamp so the fight in equal conditions.
    That's Pre-Crisis Superman, and quite frankly, that's a whooooole other ballgame compared to Current Superman...

Seriously, while I think Superman would be able to beat Goku (regularly, but not without greatly exerting himself...unless he just catches him with wide-angle heat vision in which case Goku's fried), Pre-Crisis Superman would take Goku, marry him to a gorilla, and than just utterly rape him with his pinky-finger.

Seriously, the guy flies to other galaxies, saves entire civilizations from huge threats, and returns to his conversation with Lois before she even notices he's gone.

He has taken out solar systems by accidentally sneezing, and can regularly go through time by flying faster than the time barrier.

Pre-Crisis Superman just >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Goku

---

Quote Quote:
    anyhow once superman and goku both have speed and neither can be as fast as the speed of light but goku comes close because i dont remember superman runnin in an instant from earth to another planet lighyears away...althought i remember him being almost beat in a race against flash...and flash can go at the speed of light since he's flash..so yeah goku might be ownin in the speed area
    When has Goku ever gone even close to the speed of light? I mean, yes, he can teleport, but that's teleporting, not actual speed. Goku has never had any real indicators of how fast he can go (and after-images and the sudden disappear/reappear are not proof that he is near lightspeed, otherwise you'll also be saying all the high-tier Rurouni Kenshin characters are lightspeed too...)

Quote Quote:
    next strengths...guke has the all togetherness of ppl on his side..wat i mean is he has the spirit bomb...something which can't be kicked away since it explodes on contact and the bigger and stronger it is the harder it is to resist it for a sec if i recall the BUU saga
    A Spirit Bomb...which takes foreeeeever to gather up. Superman's not just gonna stand there like an idiot like all DBZ villains seem to do, and there's nobody else to "distract" him ala Goku vs Frieza. So when Goku throws his hands up into the air, closes his eyes, and stands perfectly still, Superman would:
    A) Slam into Goku at incredible speed, and just wail on him.

B) Heat vision him from far away, which would just kill him outright. (Since nobody's brought up anything that shows Goku can withstand severe temperature extremes like lava or, hell, the sun.)

Quote Quote:
    Note above pictures, Superman doesn't instantly lose his powers when he gets near a red sun or gets on a planet with a red sun. Hell, he was INSIDE of the red sun...AFTER he flew past an asteroid field of KRYPTONITE, and he came out more or less fine on the other side. Drained yes, but okay. Now, if he was just on a planet near a red sun, it would drain him slowly, yes, but not so fast that Superman couldn't fly away to the nearest yellow sun. (which he can, since, despite the common belief that Superman isn't faster-than-light, he goes faster-than-light ALL THE TIME...) And this is all assuming Goku can manage to get his hands on Superman without getting a stiff elbow to the gut (because that'll really ruin your concentration). Also, doesn't Goku need to "lock-on" to other people's Ki signatures when he uses IT?
    Last edited by KnightLancer; June 25, 2007 at 08:40 AM.

Country
    Earth Kindom
    Post Thanks / Like

why can't we like both equally? i mean superman fanboys will always side with him, and same for DBZ fanboys with goku....this is like the whole family guy vs simpsons thing...they're both funny? why not like both? geez....

New Reply
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast