Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
Thread Closed
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: The RPG Thread!

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Finland
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The RPG Thread!

Favorites:

FF 6/7/Tactics
    Disgaea

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I only have a pc, no console so I have problem with getting the cool japanese rpgs which are mostly only for ps2 or xbox or whatever.

My favourite rpg's were FF 7 and 8 (although 7 was better in times of storytelling) and Star Wars Knights Of The Old Republic 1 (2 was kinda lame...not very interesting...hell...I was so disappointed.)

I also played Neverwinter Nights which is some kind of sequel to Baldur's Gate II but it wasn't that good IMO. Nice but not awesome.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I forgot about FF Tactics, that was a great game too. Thanks for reminding me, eQueK.
    Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.<br /><br />

vs. The World. 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Hermie's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

FF7, KotOR series (2 was good up until the end), Chrono Trigger, X-Men Legends II and TESIV: Oblivion are all very much <3.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member white silver's Avatar
    In an island at the center of the Atlantic Ocean.
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

[color=green][font=tahoma]Final Fantasy 7, 8 (a lot better) and 5 GOSH I wish they'd make 5 in 3d just like 7 or 8. It was quite emotional despite the inferior graphical details compared to other successors! I admit I was a pokemon freak (I did manage to collect all 151 pokemon including mew) during my "prime" years and Pokemon "Yellow" was my treasure. Now I'm more into other RPG's, awaiting for the FF12! Mario RPG was fun too (both the NDS and the Super Nintendo)!

*Note: It seems this forum have A LOT MORE IN COMMON than just anime and manga*

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Post Thanks / Like

o my ferkin gord, final fantasy tactics ADVANCED is my fav. its fun and portable! there are over 1000 items and it was so addicting to try to get all of them. plus every character has like 5 different jobs, and a gazillion abilities per job, and a gazillion weapon/armor/random stuff abilities. once u start, it'll grow on u like a bad drug addiction. didnt sleep for a week

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rodnylee
    o my ferkin gord, final fantasy tactics ADVANCED is my fav. its fun and portable! there are over 1000 items and it was so addicting to try to get all of them. plus every character has like 5 different jobs, and a gazillion abilities per job, and a gazillion weapon/armor/random stuff abilities. once u start, it'll grow on u like a bad drug addiction. didnt sleep for a week
    Aye, that was a great game, too bad the main storyline sucked so much. That game had so much potential. The multiplayer looks incredible too, tough I never tried.
    Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.<br /><br />

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Post Thanks / Like

ff3 or 6 (fav)/7, suikoden 2/3, x-men 2 and crono cross.
    playing suikoden V now
    Walk softly and carry deaths&#039; scythe.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Diablo is more of a hack-and-slash than an rpg now...

Besides that, golden sun for gba wasn't too bad.

Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

[font=tahoma][color=green]The upcoming FFXII (English Version) is the game I'll be waiting for!

Post Thanks / Like

My husband and I collect RPG games. We intend to play them all, but we buy them faster than we can play them, so I call it a collection.

For playstation, some of our favorites are the Suikoden series, Nipon Ichi games (Disgaea: Hour of Darkness, Phantom Brave, La Pucelle: Tactics), Arc the Lad, Romance of the Three Kingdoms. We're almost finished with Dark Cloud 2 right now. We just got Stella Deus and Atelier Iris a while ago. We're also going to get into the Dragon Quest series soon. I've played Dragon Quest 3 for the GameBoy.

For X-box we have Fable, Sudeki, KOTOR 1 & 2... hmm. Xbox doesn't have many RPGs.

PC, we have Bladur's Gate 1 & 2, Icewind Dale 1 & 2, Neverwinter Nights & expansions.

Pen & Paper, we play D&D 3rd edition. Haven't quite made the switch to 3.5, but we don't mind too much. We tend to change the rules to what we want anyway. We play irregularly with friends.

Online, we play several message board RPGS. We're currently involved in a fantasy one, two superhero RPGs, and we're running a sci-fi one. If you're interested in joining or just seeing what an online RPG looks like, take a look at http://elliotkane.proboards27.com and look in the RPG forum. The one we're running is called New Home.

Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SilvaShado
    My husband and I collect RPG games.  We intend to play them all, but we buy them faster than we can play them, so I call it a collection.

For playstation, some of our favorites are the Suikoden series, Nipon Ichi games (Disgaea: Hour of Darkness, Phantom Brave, La Pucelle: Tactics), Arc the Lad, Romance of the Three Kingdoms.  We're almost finished with Dark Cloud 2 right now.  We just got Stella Deus and Atelier Iris a while ago.  We're also going to get into the Dragon Quest series soon.  I've played Dragon Quest 3 for the GameBoy.

For X-box we have Fable, Sudeki, KOTOR 1 & 2... hmm.  Xbox doesn't have many RPGs.

PC, we have Bladur's Gate 1 & 2, Icewind Dale 1 & 2, Neverwinter Nights & expansions.

Pen & Paper, we play D&D 3rd edition.  Haven't quite made the switch to 3.5, but we don't mind too much.  We tend to change the rules to what we want anyway.  We play irregularly with friends.

Online, we play several message board RPGS.  We're currently involved in a fantasy one, two superhero RPGs, and we're running a sci-fi one.  If you're interested in joining or just seeing what an online RPG looks like, take a look at http://elliotkane.proboards27.com and look in the RPG forum.  The one we're running is called New Home.
    [b][font=tahoma][color=green]Cool, both you and Husband love gaming. I wish I have a wife who has the same interests as me!

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Favs would be:

For PC: Planescape Torment, Baldur's Gate 2, Might and Magic 6, Morrowind

For Console: Xenogears, Xenosaga, Breath of Fire V, SMT: Nocturne, Ys IV, dot Hack...that is all I can think of for now.

I am a big collector of PC and console RPGs.

Post Thanks / Like

rerere

runescape
    &quot;Theres nothing right about the left side of my brain and there is nothing left in the right side of my brain&quot;

Aristocratic Assassin MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted LadyHatake's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Xenosaga I & II were good, (but long) and I'm waiting to get my hands on III when it comes out. Also waiting for FFXII, like many other people.

I played a Dragonquest game at my friends house, and it was allot of fun I don't remember which one it was though.

Did anyone else play the .hack series? Infection, Mutation, Outbreak, and Quarentine? I got through the first three and never bought the 4th. They were okay, but what I really liked were the .hack/liminality DVDs that you got with the game, because they tied in with the games storyline. I found out there's another saga of .hack games coming out.

EDIT: My favorite FF games were 7 & 8. Actually, I only played part of 7, I never finished it (played it at a friends house. Got about half way through) but 8 was pretty awesome.10 was okay (some of the graphics were spectacular) but I HATED X-2. Didn't like the Dress Spheres or the plot.

I'm back :3

Thread Closed
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast