Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Do you think Guts will ever use his behelit?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Absolutio's Avatar
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Do you think Guts will ever use his behelit?

if by Slan you mean the old witch, she did mean SK, as you can see by many many references that I'm too lazy to look for atm.. maybe tomorrow
    Good night!

Luffy: Sanji, prepare the lunch-box!
    Sanji: Lunch-box?
    Luffy: Yes. A pirate's lunch-box!
    *Pirate's lunch-box is for increasing one's power, so there will be no vegetables.
    -One Piece Side-Stories Covers Coloring Project! OP Colorist? Check it out now!

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Ramen4ever's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Absolutio View Post
    if by Slan you mean the old witch, she did mean SK, as you can see by many many references that I'm too lazy to look for atm.. maybe tomorrow
    Good night!
    The old witch is Flora.
    I'm talking about Slan, a member of the God hand. When Guts kills all those trolls at the Qliphoth, she uses the troll intestines to take form. She provokes Guts by asking him if he wants to make a sacrifice like Griffith did.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

Okay...Imho:
    1.Flora did know how to use the Behelit, Because witches study about the Behelit.
    But from her studying she concluded that it is far to dangerous for the use of a human.
    (Flora wasn't a branded one for 100%. Schierke knows about it from her master. The master knows from studying and dealing with a branded one.)
    2.Slan did mean Grifth
    3.SK was a branded person that through mass cursing became the SK he is now, Undead. (And yes, the legend about the first king of midland is more then 90% the SK...)
    4.Guts can(!) use the Behelit to become a demon. I mean...come on, if he couldn't then the inner beast & Slan wouldn't suggest the use of a Behelit.
    5.After Behelit user dies, the Behelit finds a new user. (And when the user most needs it, the Behelit will fall into his hands ready for the use even if previously he lost it)
    6.Guts won't use the Behelit. (The inner beast is another story...but we don't know if he will have the chance to take over Guts...)

I'm to lazy to find the text that support my sayings.Deal with it : - )

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Ramen4ever's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I felt like returning to this thread after a second skim through. I think it's time for a slight elaboration on why I don't think Guts will use the Beherit. It's actually kind of simple. Gut's is a human, it has been a recurring limitation for him throughout the manga. It has also been one of his defining characteristics. If he used the Beherit then his whole quest for vengeance would be meaningless. As he would be no different from the monsters he kills. Also, we shouldn't forget that Guts already is a monster. The things he did during his Black Swordsmen days don't simply fade away. The Beast of Darkness is proof of that. He will have to live with it for the rest of his life and I don't think our protagonist is going to lose the battle for his humanity. Another thing that is also just as unlikely, is that Guts will become like the Skullknight. I doubt Miura will turn Guts' character into a Skullknight Jr. The reason being yet again, that it's a primary point for Guts to keep his humanity. He's been fighting it for years and if he became an apostle or suit of armor like SK then it would cheapen his character.

On a completely different note, I don't think that SK was branded. As the brand does not only mark a person's physical body but their spiritual body as well. I think it's more likely that the Wiseman/Void sacrificed others.. speculatively his religious followers. If Sk was branded then being a suit of armor would not have saved his soul from the Vortex of Souls. It is what makes the brand so dangerous and brutal.. it marks their existence, their ego. That is why when we see an apostle die, everything is dragged into the Vortex of souls except the physical husk of a body that remains. For reference look at the Count's death and Wild's.
    Though at this point it's all speculation and more information is required before a reasonable conclusion can be established. Hopefully at Elfhelm we will learn of how Sk became that armor.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted gnut's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I was thinking...the count's behelit must be special...
    after he became an apostle....he found it once again...

gats should let SK eat it and see what it does to his sword...

Look around you carefully. Strain your eyes at the darkness around us... At the darkness around me. You said anywhere but here. This is where, here, at the border. Gathered by the winds. Those who have met their final destiny hanging between jealousy and regret. Those who failed, swept together here. You say it doesnt matter where. If you follow me, this is where you'll go. This is your eden.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Aazholh's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Flora said that the behelit would leave his hand no matter how hard he would try to keep it IF it was destined to find its new master. So, I'm thinking it's been with them this whole time, somewhere down the line it will definitely be used by someone. Maybe one of the current characters or someone not mentioned yet.

Also, I would like to add. SK's plan to attack Femto was doomed to fail from the very beginning. The IoE knew the beherits here destined to go into his stomach to forge the sword that would create the new world. Man, I'm on a roll today
    Last edited by Aazholh; October 10, 2013 at 05:09 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aazholh View Post
    Flora said that the behelit would leave his hand no matter how hard he would try to keep it IF it was destined to find its new master. So, I'm thinking it's been with them this whole time, somewhere down the line it will definitely be used by someone. Maybe one of the current characters or someone not mentioned yet.

Also, I would like to add. SK's plan to attack Femto was doomed to fail from the very beginning. The IoE knew the beherits here destined to go into his stomach to forge the sword that would create the new world. Man, I'm on a roll today
    hey...I totally agree...

think about this...if my prediction that the Count's behelit is a special one...like god's hand special
    maybe just maybe...if he would have sacrificed his daughter...he would have replaced one of the GH's members(except Void and Femto ofc)
    becoming a new member of the GH.....idk
    Look around you carefully. Strain your eyes at the darkness around us... At the darkness around me. You said anywhere but here. This is where, here, at the border. Gathered by the winds. Those who have met their final destiny hanging between jealousy and regret. Those who failed, swept together here. You say it doesnt matter where. If you follow me, this is where you'll go. This is your eden.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gnut View Post
    hey...I totally agree...

think about this...if my prediction that the Count's behelit is a special one...like god's hand special
    maybe just maybe...if he would have sacrificed his daughter...he would have replaced one of the GH's members(except Void and Femto ofc)
    becoming a new member of the GH.....idk
    You know what? Maybe you have something there. What if all the love that Puck is giving to Bechi somehow turns it into a good behelit? Maybe instead of the Godhand, it summons something else like a polytheistic creature...
    "You see, I am a colossal pervert. No form of sexual depravity is too low for me. Animal, vegetable or mineral - I'll do anything to anything!" - Bishop of Bath and Wells (circa 1563)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsNM5GOQCko

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

idk bout that bro...i think the behelits are directly connected to GH...nao the question would be....

GOOD or EVIL....has yet to be answered....

i think puck is drawn to it because of its magic....like schierke was to gats brand....

but you have to admit...the count is the only apostle that gats found their behelit....besides skull knight eating them
    plus,the count was about to be granted another wish by the GH...i would say this is a rare occurrance even if he was rich/powerful
    to be allowed to gamble one's soul again....idk

i think the count was shown to refuse the gift/wish because hie behelit is very much relevent...maybe every 216yrs...not only one member is replaced but all are up for replacement.....

i also wonder...if griffith signals the end to this cycle since he is the one they have been waiting for?.........
    their savior....messiah

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I was just joking about that, but obviously it is a plot device. The proverbial gun on the wall. We've seen and it has been alluded to. Therefor it will be used by someone.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

They reason for the Guts we know to use a Behelit
    would be to protect an important person but since the
    way a Behelit works he can't do that.
    To the point of Bechi being only used to summon
    the gods-hand and fight them without branding
    anyone (which would condemn their souls to hell
    erasing their consciousness) like it happenend when
    the count was about to die doesn't seem likely
    either cause if Guts was in a similar close death
    situation he wouldn't be able to fight them anyway.

So to the hate/revenge driven Guts that the Berserker
    Armor amplifies he would do it but would he be qualified
    to make such a sacrifice (would it even be much of a
    sacrifice for such a person?)

There is also the point that it might not even be
    Guts Behelit.

Maybe he should use it as a weapon like Skull-Knight
    Spoiler show

Though that idea didn't work out so well for the Skeleton-Emperor‽

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member killy-.-'s Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Grifith was sacrificing other ppl to accomplish his goals, while Guts is sacrificing himself to save and protect other ppl, if Guts is gonna use the behelith he will do it to do the same thing, save and protect his crew. We can see many links to the world's belief system, and Guts sacrificing himself and propably dying to save others is like Jesus2. Its gonna either bring the good GOD hand to battle the "evil one" or its gonna crash the system, reset etc.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Even if he uses the Behelit, so what ? He's gonna be an apostle, good, so what ? That doesn't make him suddenly able to kill Griffith, as God Hands are superior to Apostles

So far, I think this is the only manga where it seems impossible to beat the villain at all, power of feelings ? Doesn't exist here, surely Guts's determination allowed him to survive, but Apostles can be " killed ", unlike the God Hand who look " invincible " to be honest

I'm really curious to see how this will go really

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Even if he uses the Behelit, so what ? He's gonna be an apostle, good, so what ? That doesn't make him suddenly able to kill Griffith, as God Hands are superior to Apostles
    We know from a member of the god hand that Guts might be able to join the godhand
    though at the time he killed the Slug Appostle he wasn't yet necesserly ordealed.
    And now in the new world of Fantasia he wouldn't even need a second rebirth like
    Griffith to materialize.
    Griffith isn't invunerable imo his greatest power we know of seems to be a shield that
    Schirke noticed and that Magicians seem able to interfere with and thus he sent
    a notable force to deal with her Mistress.
    A big defense against Guts is the Brand which he'd lose if Guts turned into Demon.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 220kz View Post
    We know from a member of the god hand that Guts might be able to join the godhand
    though at the time he killed the Slug Appostle he wasn't yet necesserly ordealed.
    And now in the new world of Fantasia he wouldn't even need a second rebirth like
    Griffith to materialize.
    Griffith isn't invunerable imo his greatest power we know of seems to be a shield that
    Schirke noticed and that Magicians seem able to interfere with and thus he sent
    a notable force to deal with her Mistress.
    A big defense against Guts is the Brand which he'd lose if Guts turned into Demon.

He doesn't have the crimson Behelit, hence he won't be a Godhand, understand ? That's why it's utterly useless for him to use the Behelit since it won't give him much power anyway compared to Griffith

To be a God hand, you need to be choosen, how do you prove you're the choosen one ? Crimson behelit

And we've seen the strongest Apostle so far being absolutely useless against Griffith, and yes, Ganishka was probably the most powerful one without a doubt

New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast