Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 502 by kewl0210 , Bleach 588 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Badges and speculation

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Post Thanks / Like

Badges and speculation

dunno if its foreshadowing but he's something I found so i started a new thread

Chapter 1: Door Sign for Ichigo's Room

Chapter 184: The Acknowledgement Seal

I know this is not much but the shape of the badge on the door is the same shape as the badge for ichigo's badge. I think I also saw badges for SS division members to have similar badges (except for captains and vice-captains - theirs are long in length).

Could there be speculation that Ichigo's dad was a former shinigami in a division that is no longer active? Has it been stated that there has only ever been 13 divisions...could Isshin have been in the 15th division that was in charge of something totally different?

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Dragonzair's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Badges and speculation

WOW. O.O

I saw that badge too (I was brushing up on Bleach a few days back) and was trying to think up of a logical reasoning for it looking so familiar. Good find!

Hah. Look what you've done. Got me all excited. :P

That'll be a nice thought though. The only thing is, they haven't mentioned it at all. I mean, Ishin only left 20 years ago *in the BLeach World*. But still...props for the find!

"Growing older is mandatory, growing up is optional."

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner asymptotic's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think Ichigo's dad was a captain because I don't think a shinigami in a gigai can have kids, if you know what I mean.
    But this is manga, anything can happen I guess.
    And for some speculation:
    I think the Aizen thing will lead to Ichigo and the gang dealing with even more enemies, but this time enemies from the gates of hell. That would be cool. Maybe Aizen is really from hell and infiltrated soul society.
    Are there any minorities in Naruto?

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I also remember this:

Ichi = one
    Go = five

Puella Magi 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Galth's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonzair
    Ichi = one
    Go = five
    True, but that is written with different characters - Nice coincidence though XD

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by asymptotic
    I don't think Ichigo's dad was a captain because I don't think a shinigami in a gigai can have kids, if you know what I mean.
    But this is manga, anything can happen I guess.
    Spoiler show

Could be something to the Ichigo/15 thing, you never know. Coincidences like that can sometimes turn out to be truth.
    Maybe Soul Society had a Gotei 15, but then something happened and they lost Captains and couldn't replace them, so they became Gotei 13...like right now, Soul Society is out 3 Captains...who knows, maybe something happened after Isshin left (assuming he was a captain) and they lost another division. Its not totally far fetched.

edit: Okay, after reading that back over, it is far fetched...considering its always been referred to as the Gotei 13 even in flashbacks that took place a hundred years ago in Soul Society...but you never know, still a slight chance, eh?

edit, edit: Well, been thinking about it and its not uncommon to use present day terms when speaking about the past now, is it? It could have been the Gotei 15 100 years ago, but since its the Gotei 13 now, saying something like, "It was always our dream to join the Gotei 13..." when talking to someone in the present would prevent confusion. Calling the Gotei 13 the Gotei 15 when its currently the Gotei 13 would confuse people. (Not sure if that made any sense...but hell, I still think this theory you all have going is possible.)

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Heh.

Now I think about, it may be possible. o.O But Isshin left about 20 years ago, and it's quite far off from any of the flashbacks right?

But I still can't get it off my head that he may have been from the Royal Guard. XD

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Heh.

Now I think about, it may be possible. o.O But Isshin left about 20 years ago, and it's quite far off from any of the flashbacks right?

But I still can't get it off my head that he may have been from the Royal Guard. XD
    Yeah. I personally hope the other theory is correct...him either being from the Royal Guard, or maybe part of the Royal Family...him being in the Royal Family could also explain why no one recognizes the name "Kurosaki" too? Since wasn't it said that no one knows who they really are? I'm SURE someone other than Urahara would know Isshin from Soul Society if he was a Captain/part of the Royal Guard...and I'm sure they would have SOME information in their database about him and could 2 and 2 together about Ichigo...but, you never know.

Just another thought.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Thing is, the only ones who are in the human world are a few seaters, a VC, and someone who became a Captn. recently, probably after Isshin left. Which is why none of them recognised Isshin.

Here's to hoping one of the older Captns come to the Human World. XD

I'm just wondering when Ichigo will find out...

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Thing is, the only ones who are in the human world are a few seaters, a VC, and someone who became a Captn. recently, probably after Isshin left. Which is why none of them recognised Isshin.

Here's to hoping one of the older Captns come to the Human World. XD

I'm just wondering when Ichigo will find out...
    Well, that is true...but how long ago was Urahara exiled? I'm pretty sure it was 20 or more years, yeah? Ikkaku knew immediately who Urahara was, so if Isshin was a powerful shinigami/captain/someone famous, I'm sure even the youngin's would know SOMETHING about him, or at least recognize the name.

But, then again, there is still a possibility that maybe Hitsugaya/Matsumoto/Renji/Ikkaku/Yumichika know about him already...as they seem to be alot smarter than Ichigo and can actually sense a person's reiatsu, and either just assume he knows or are waiting for him to find out and make an even bigger ass of himself. [Doubtful, but its always fun watching him make an ass out of himself. ]

I think Ichigo will find out pretty soon...I somehow don't see Grimjaw taking what happened to him quietly. Maybe he'll sneak back out and try to kill Ichigo again, only to have Isshin kill him or something, since Ichigo still can't control his hollow well enough to fight on his level.

I'm dying to find out who he really is...but I think he being along the lines of the Royal Guard/Family would be better overall than the Gotei 13 having been the Gotei 15 and Isshin being the 15th Division Captain.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

We really should have a prediction's thread about when Isshin will finally reveal to Ichigo everything. Damn. XD

And yeah, Urahara was exiled 100 years ago.

You're right about the shinigamis sensing the reatsu. @_@ I forgot about that. XD Kyahaha .It's possible they like seeing Ichigo making a fool of himself. XD

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

We really should have a prediction's thread about when Isshin will finally reveal to Ichigo everything. Damn. XD

And yeah, Urahara was exiled 100 years ago.

You're right about the shinigamis sensing the reatsu. @_@ I forgot about that. XD Kyahaha .It's possible they like seeing Ichigo making a fool of himself. XD
    Yeah, we should have a thread with predictions...someone should go make one damn it! (I'm way too lazy...)

So, if Urahara was exiled 100 years ago, and Isshin was a Shinigami till 20 years ago, someone should know of him I'd think.

The only way they can't sense someone's reiatsu (however that's spelled) that we know is through Kidoh (remember when Hinamori was following Hitsugaya after she woke up? Hitsugaya couldn't sense her...), but I'm guessing its something that they couldn't keep up 24/7, because I don't think even a Captain can completely hide his/her massive spirtual pressure.

And yeah, we know for sure Renji and Ikkaku love seeing Ichigo make an ass of himself. They even help!

Puella Magi 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Galth's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Rename this to the jabbament and Dragonzair private discussion thread?
    [/spam]

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

*kicks Ghost*

We're having serious discussion here about two of the hottestbad assed characters of Bleach (Isshin and, on a few occasions, Kisuke). :P

@Jabbament: XD I'm lazier. XD But I'll get my ass on posting it a little later, if I remember.

We've gone a little bit of topic (although good posts XD) and I think we should take this to the Isshin thrad.

Not that we haven't. XD

What if there really isn't a 15th Division though? Just think about it for now, and imagine that this door sign thingy is actualy only a foreshadowing of what's to come? And not what has happened before?

I've posted a link in my foreshadowings thread, where, in this particular site, it was thought that Ichigo may be having the same fate as Kaein. And...blahblah. Ah. Too lazy to say everything. Once you open the site, go to the 'plot' section.

http://insane.sigh.org/bleach/

Ok. Taking that into consideration, and the fact that '15' is actually a foreshadowing, it may be possible that Ichigo does die and may be the new 15th Division Captain.

A little far-fetched, but tht's all I can think of right now. XD

btw, you spelt reiatsu right. XD

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Damn straight, Dragonzair...and hey? Urahara ain't sexy enough for you? Pfft. FREAK. Isshin would be sexier, but he's too scraggly~!
    Erm, yes...moving right along!

And, Khal, we haven't stopped anyone else from posting anything...no one else seems interested enough so meh!

Well, I went and read what the theory, but I somehow don't think Ichigo is going to die...it might just be a play on Ichigo's name. Think about it, at the moment, Soul Society is down 3 Captains, and for the Gotei 13 to become the Gotei 15, they'd need to find 4 more Captains [and Ichigo if he were to die]. So far, we know that Renji could take over one of the spots as a Captain, and Ikkaku another, but no other already developed character has a Bankai for all we know. (Plus, Ikkaku said he wants to stay in the 11th Squad till he dies...again?).

The only other possibility would be Isshin and Urahara going back to Soul Society, but somehow, I don't see Urahara going back given their past, and Isshin his his own (currently unrevealed) reasons as to why he left.

I don't think 3 months is enough time for Ichigo to die and regain his Shinigami powers...unless, he would keep them after he dies and not have to [re]develop them like a normal person (but then again, Ichigo ain't exactly normal...). But Ichigo dying? Poor Hime would be devastated...she'd have to cry more.

Thread Closed
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast