Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (6/30/14 - 7/6/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 752 by cnet128 , Bleach 587 (2) , Gintama 501 by Bomber D Rufi
Thread Closed
Page 84 of 134 FirstFirst ... 34 74 82 83 84 85 86 94 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 2003

Thread: Jump SQ (Shueisha)

Negative Syndicate

Re: Jump SQ (Shueisha)

Quote Originally Posted by andysislands View Post
    For each chapter of Ultimo there is basically one VoIP/skype call to go over the contents of the chapter. Basically the rough idea. Around every 6 months or so, Takei flies out to the USA to meet with Stan Lee in person to work out the next 6 chapters of the series. Ever wonder why Hiroyuki Takei kept showing up to SDCC and NYCC? Shueisha just bundles it all into a single business trip, which includes a face-to-face with Stan Lee. I think it's happened about 3 or 4 times at I'm aware of.
    Can you provide source for that?

Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Just google "ultimo takei interview" bro. You'll find hours upon hours interviews, often with Stan Lee, detailing the creation of and creative process behind Ultimo. They've been speaking at comic cons in the states ever since the project was announced. The most recent was over the summer. The man does give interviews, often providing more details about himself than Jump Bang does

Seriously though: as the head of the best known English language Takei fansite and scanlator, I think Andy can be taken at his word. Takei and Stan Lee are pretty talkative guys, there are plenty of details about how they collaborate, Jump Bang being possibly the worst source. Unless the episode being referenced included an interview with Stan Lee and Takei

After spending about three minutes checking google and youtube for interviews the horrible truth emerged: Stan Lee creates a concept for each chapter and provides Takei with rough storyboards. Takei will use the storyboards to write and draw the chapter. Thus Stan Lee is not credited with the "story" but with the "concept". With a few minutes of research the truth shall be set free

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

“Rurouni Kenshin” manga to restart serialization on ‘Jump SQ’ via @TokyoHive

Quote Quote:
    It’s been announced that Watsuki Nobuhiro’s epic manga, “Rurouni Kenshin -Meiji Kenkaku Romantan-“, will restart its serialization through the June issue of Jump SQ (which will be released in May).
    It was original reported by Kaz01028
    Last edited by calimike; January 04, 2012 at 03:52 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jaymie's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Poor Jump SQ. They keep getting Weekly Shonen Jump's leftovers. I doubt Rorouni Kenshin would work out in such a competitive magazine, so this move does make sense, but SQ is highly saturated with old WSJ series/authors at the moment.

Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It's not leftover, it's a tie in. The movie is coming out in August, the "reboot" manga starts in May. That allows for four chapters, one volume, to be serialized, with the fourth and final chapter released the same month the movie comes out. It has already been announced that Embalming will return in the fall, though the month has not been specified. Watsuki is currently under contract with SQ, not WSJ, so it makes sense that SQ will handle the reboot. Besides, to serialize an entire volumes worth of material in WSJ he would have to write ten chapters. SQ will only require 4 - 6.

The Rurouni Kenshin movie is actually a really big deal, not a typical manga adaption. It is a big budget movie produced by Warner Brothers, an American studio. The intention is to not only have a hit in Japan but for an international theatrical run, not just airing at comic conventions and then going straight to DVD. I expect quite a few tie ins this winter and spring, not just the manga reboot.

Negative Syndicate

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    It's not leftover, it's a tie in.
    I also thought on this way. A new Rurouni Kenshin will be a just advertisement for upcoming live-adaptation.

However, it is true that SQ has been too much dependent on a well known WSJ authors. I know they have to dependent on big names because SQ is still a young magazine and a newbie will be very difficult to be famous in a young magazine.

But, since SQ manages to getting many hit series (actually, I think SQ carries more hit series than Sunday); so I want a SQ to produce their own mangakas rather still be dependent to Shonen Jump.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I assume that Rurouni Kenshin (2011) will be serialized for only a brief period since it's more like a gaiden rather than a stand alone series.

Quote Originally Posted by Negative Syndicate View Post
    But, since SQ manages to getting many hit series (actually, I think SQ carries more hit series than Sunday); so I want a SQ to produce their own mangakas rather still be dependent to Shonen Jump.
    I agree with everything you said; especially the bolded. Right now SQ is the only magazine I'm willing to fish out money (and shipping fees) for so I hope they can have more successful titles that are entirely their own making.

Negative Syndicate

Quote Originally Posted by Asarii View Post
    I agree with everything you said; especially the bolded. Right now SQ is the only magazine I'm willing to fish out money (and shipping fees) for so I hope they can have more successful titles that are entirely their own making.
    I think the SQ editors are beginning to focus on producing their own mangakas since 2011. But, the problem will be if they will be a successful. I think the editors are pushing Boku to Majo no Jikan and 1/11 Juuichi Bun no Ichi since they got a vomic pretty fast.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Nagashiwa's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

does someone knows where I can find scans of: Debichiru?

Negative Syndicate

Based on that picture, there might going to be total of five new series; 1/11 Juuichi Bun no Ichi, Teiichi no Kuni, Gokigen Steady, G-Maru Edition(?), and unknown series.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Negative Syndicate View Post
    Based on that picture, there might going to be total of five new series; 1/11 Juuichi Bun no Ichi, Teiichi no Kuni, Gokigen Steady, G-Maru Edition(?), and unknown series.
    why are there so many new series?

Negative Syndicate

Quote Originally Posted by Asgaroth View Post
    why are there so many new series?
    Because there are many series have ended/axed/moved/hiatus.

Mitokon ended on last September and no series have replaced that place; Luck Stealer, Gekka Bijin, and Shonbori Onsen have ended on this month's issue; Ultimo has moved to SQ.19; and Embalming will be absent until autumn (but, I think Embalming's place will be filled by Rurouni Kenshin).
    Last edited by Negative Syndicate; January 23, 2012 at 04:15 PM.

Pink Warrior 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member baboysai's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

So RK is coming back on SQ? What, like a rerun?

Negative Syndicate

Quote Originally Posted by baboysai View Post
    So RK is coming back on SQ? What, like a rerun?
    It is said a reboot of RK. Everyone is expecting that it will be a mini-series since Embalming will be returning on autumn (plus, I think new RK is kind of feel like to advertise live-adaptation of RK).

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Niko_kun's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

---------- Post added January 28, 2012 at 01:07 PM ---------- Previous post was January 25, 2012 at 02:10 PM ----------

Cover SQ #3

Last edited by Niko_kun; January 28, 2012 at 02:07 PM.
    visit my brazilian D.Gray-man fan site. - www.dgraybr.blogspot.com

17. Thanks 6 Member(s) thanked this post
Thread Closed
Page 84 of 134 FirstFirst ... 34 74 82 83 84 85 86 94 ... LastLast