Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 754 by cnet128 , Bleach 590 by cnet128 , Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 144

Thread: Zetman by Katsura Masakazu

  1. #106
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Country
    Austria
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    10
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Zetman by Katsura Masakazu

    Quote Originally Posted by tonyyao82 View Post
    Don't worry, Jin. It's understandable. I mean, the Chinese scanlators have caught up with the latest chapters in ZETMAN.

    Best of luck in talking with Evil Genius!
    Thanx!
    I'll do my best to convince them!

  2. #107
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member sabret00the's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    London, UK
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Age
    33
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,654
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Zetman by Katsura Masakazu

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    They are using Japanese raws.

    Rather than steal another groups project, why not volunteer to help? Maybe with Some Stuffs assistance Evil Genius could release faster. When two groups are working on the same project, everyone loses.
    Steal is the wrong word to use given that they've not made a release in so long. Also two groups is the perfect number for any project. It keeps both groups motivated. Most mangas with a single group on them are fine for a while and then people get bored and they drip out. Either way, let's not use such strong wording and discourage people from doing something that we all love and would all appreciate. Alas, I think we all agree this has been on hiatus too long.
    *Have you taken a look at Onepunch-Man? You should consider it, it's a great manga!

  3. #108
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Country
    Austria
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    10
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Zetman by Katsura Masakazu

    Quote Originally Posted by sabret00the View Post
    Steal is the wrong word to use given that they've not made a release in so long. Also two groups is the perfect number for any project. It keeps both groups motivated. Most mangas with a single group on them are fine for a while and then people get bored and they drip out. Either way, let's not use such strong wording and discourage people from doing something that we all love and would all appreciate. Alas, I think we all agree this has been on hiatus too long.
    Thanks for the support^^

    Anyways, I tried contacting Evil_Genius, first by writing in the Zetman thread, sadly as a new member I need admin approval, the problem is that the Forum seems pretty much dead, so I wanted to contact staff, but I'm apparently not allowed to write PMs yet and I can't find an email address anywhere.

    In other words, I usually can find my way on fora, but they either have no further contact information or they hid it pretty well

  4. #109
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member sabret00the's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    London, UK
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Age
    33
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,654
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Zetman by Katsura Masakazu

    I just don't believe in a one party system; thus cannot understand why anyone of voting age would encourage the equivalent in a scanlation group scenario. Ultimately, you've done what you can do. Perhaps you can hunt them down on IRC, though it really shouldn't take that much to get some dialogue going. Good luck in finding a scanlator and getting this out there. With the anime running, perhaps there will be a few more eyes on this thread and you'll be doing releases before you know it.
    *Have you taken a look at Onepunch-Man? You should consider it, it's a great manga!

  5. #110
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member tonyyao82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    279
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Zetman by Katsura Masakazu

    I know a few people that have definitely checked out the manga after watching the anime, so there's hope.

    Also, I'm sorry to hear the bad news, Jin!

    "I'll send you flying.....TO THE END OF THE WORLD!" - Itsuki "Ikki" Minami (Air Gear)

    Manga Therapy: Where Psychology & Manga Meet (http://www.mangatherapy.com)

  6. #111
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Country
    Austria
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    10
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Zetman by Katsura Masakazu

    Thanks guys^^

    Ok so here is an update:

    One of the staff members approved my post and answered:

    Quote Originally Posted by DrPepperPro
    We've had delays related to raw procurement and translation checking in the past few months, but other than that we're good. The next chapter is in QC stage, so more chapters will be coming out soon.
    As Some-stuffs themselves have a lack of translators, they can't really be of help and if Evil_Genius regain their pace there really isn't any point in picking this up alone, since Some-stuffs is made up damn meticulous guys who already have a lot on their hands and hence wouldn't be able to keep up with Evil_Genius, so they couldn't create a competitive environment, as you are hoping, sabre, sorry.

    And yes I was hoping that the Anime release will raise the Manga demand, we'll see.^^

  7. #112
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member tonyyao82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    279
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Zetman by Katsura Masakazu

    Oh, that's a relief.

    Also, I believe VIZ Media (the ones streaming the anime) is trying to license the manga for North America because of the anime release. I spoke to them a while ago, and they told me they were working on it.

    "I'll send you flying.....TO THE END OF THE WORLD!" - Itsuki "Ikki" Minami (Air Gear)

    Manga Therapy: Where Psychology & Manga Meet (http://www.mangatherapy.com)

  8. #113
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Country
    Austria
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    10
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Zetman by Katsura Masakazu

    Quote Originally Posted by tonyyao82 View Post
    Oh, that's a relief.

    Also, I believe VIZ Media (the ones streaming the anime) is trying to license the manga for North America because of the anime release. I spoke to them a while ago, and they told me they were working on it.
    VIZ is the enemy!

    It would kind of be pointless because it'd take ages until it would be of any use to us.

  9. #114
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member tonyyao82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    279
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Zetman by Katsura Masakazu

    Just found out jCafe has the latest RAWs (Chapters 193-194) for ZETMAN. If interested, sign up for the forums over there and post. It's also a nice forum as well. :]

    "I'll send you flying.....TO THE END OF THE WORLD!" - Itsuki "Ikki" Minami (Air Gear)

    Manga Therapy: Where Psychology & Manga Meet (http://www.mangatherapy.com)

  10. #115
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Country
    Austria
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    10
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Zetman by Katsura Masakazu

    Quote Originally Posted by tonyyao82 View Post
    Just found out jCafe has the latest RAWs (Chapters 193-194) for ZETMAN. If interested, sign up for the forums over there and post. It's also a nice forum as well. :]
    Thanx, but there would be no point, i can't read kanji^^

  11. #116
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Country
    Jamaica
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    170
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Zetman by Katsura Masakazu

    Why are most good quality manga so unpopular? I usually don't mind popularity at all, but when it comes down to forum discussions and supporting the manga that's when I start to think otherwise. Why are people so boring? It seems that most people these days can't appreciate more inventive ideas and different perspectives in writing and honesly starting to get to me. This series deserves a forum especially because as contrast to most of the seinen series that got forums this series actually has a wealth of things to be talked about and I want to talk about this stuff.

  12. #117
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Country
    Austria
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    10
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Zetman by Katsura Masakazu

    Quote Originally Posted by capricorn View Post
    Why are most good quality manga so unpopular? I usually don't mind popularity at all, but when it comes down to forum discussions and supporting the manga that's when I start to think otherwise. Why are people so boring? It seems that most people these days can't appreciate more inventive ideas and different perspectives in writing and honesly starting to get to me. This series deserves a forum especially because as contrast to most of the seinen series that got forums this series actually has a wealth of things to be talked about and I want to talk about this stuff.
    The thing about Zetman is that it took ages until it was revealed what the hell is going on and why. At least for me it was like that. And I loved it, I thought for myself but on the other hand made many mispredictions etc. as a result. For some people that is annoying, patience isn't smth everybody has and many people want a Manga to be light entertainment for in between, easy to understand etc., that doesn't mean that the average reader is an idiot, just that they are looking for smth else than a Seinen, with such a complex story and so many tragic events.

    All of that is just what I assume, it'S not the absolute truth of course, but to quote somebody I know, "there is too much talking and too little action, what's the point in having a superhuman protagonist if he barely uses his powers"

  13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  14. #118
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member tonyyao82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    279
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Zetman by Katsura Masakazu

    Quote Originally Posted by capricorn View Post
    Why are most good quality manga so unpopular? I usually don't mind popularity at all, but when it comes down to forum discussions and supporting the manga that's when I start to think otherwise. Why are people so boring? It seems that most people these days can't appreciate more inventive ideas and different perspectives in writing and honesly starting to get to me. This series deserves a forum especially because as contrast to most of the seinen series that got forums this series actually has a wealth of things to be talked about and I want to talk about this stuff.
    The problem is that the series goes through a slow pace. As Jin said, people want information right away. I feel the same way you do sometimes that some people are boring. The best you can do is spread information in other ways. I even blogged about ZETMAN a few times.

    If you can influence even one person, it means something.

    "I'll send you flying.....TO THE END OF THE WORLD!" - Itsuki "Ikki" Minami (Air Gear)

    Manga Therapy: Where Psychology & Manga Meet (http://www.mangatherapy.com)

  15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  16. #119
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Country
    Jamaica
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    170
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Zetman by Katsura Masakazu

    Honestly, I don't think the pacing of all of Zetman is that slow, unless you're talking about the first couple chapters then I can totally see your point. What I would call slow and inconsistent is the releases in between each chapter (I'm freaking out here guys its like every manga I love significantly struggles with this). Another thing is that I don''t think all people who aren't able to appreciate series outside their comfort zone are idiots (not that you were accusing me of saying this) rather I feel somewhat sorry for them for being so boring. As a matter a fact I myself reads quite a number of "shut your brain off and enjoy manga" and I like them. And as for the haters well, those people I consider pretty dumb only because they are unable to separate their preferences from facts and they try to sell their preferences as facts to criticize a good series giving a negative impression of it. So what happens is that even if I try to convince more people (especially those who may not immediately like it but may end up liking it regardless) to read this, because their minds are riddled with the negative opinions of the haters they might be discouraged to pick the series up.
    Last edited by capricorn; May 04, 2012 at 03:14 PM.

  17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  18. #120
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member tonyyao82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    279
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Zetman by Katsura Masakazu

    Yeah, it's hard. Haters gonna hate. That's all I can say about that.

    Also

    Spoiler show

    "I'll send you flying.....TO THE END OF THE WORLD!" - Itsuki "Ikki" Minami (Air Gear)

    Manga Therapy: Where Psychology & Manga Meet (http://www.mangatherapy.com)

New Reply
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts