Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Dogs: Bullets & Carnage by Miwa Shirow

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dogs: Bullets & Carnage by Miwa Shirow

I have a feeling we will have to wait to learn more about the mayor and ernst. I do agree, I think he helped Ernst and Heine escape. Though, that raises the question: why don't they want Heine back? That has always intrigued me. There has never seemed to be any serious effort to kill him or force him to return.

It's been so long since Naoto's past was important I forgot her parents must have been killed for a reason I'm definitely interested, and glad she's getting her time to shine, but have very little in the way of predictions.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member fanatik's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, probably the events after Heine came back to his senses only to find he had killed everybody will be shown in another flashback arc sometime in the future. Until then we can only guess.

And Einsturzen does want Heine (and Ernst) back. Ernst indicated that much when he met Fruhling. The reason why Einsturzen's dogs haven't been actively trying to get to them earlier was likely because of the fact that it wasn't easy to find them - Einsturzen clearly didn't even know Ernst was there too (or even alive) and became a priest, and Heine had been in Ernst's care since probably a little after his escape. That and the fact that Mayor wouldn't exactly make it easy for her to prowl the grounds of his city, hunting for the ones he'd obviously taken under his wing (Ernst and Heine, unbeknownst to the latter) - his special forces that were sent to the underground levels to be the police reinforcements prove that. So the two of them were lost with hardly any means to find them at the shedevil doctor's disposal, but not quite forgotten. She was just waiting for an opportune moment. And I think she might have let Heine, who was her only successful experiment, live as he wanted, to see how he would deal with environment change, with his Fuhrer, to see how his abilities would progress or his psyche would digress. In other words, just continuation of her experiment.

But what I wonder about is why she needs Ernst. So far, all her failures were nothing but trash to her. But if we believe Ernst's words, she cherishes 'the first spine' for some reason, despite him being a failed experiment. Perhaps, it's because he managed to survive the experiment against all odds. Or maybe he also has Fuhrer in his back which was the reason he went blind, but still survived. Mysteries all around.

Now though we might see some of the mystreries surrounding Naoto, Fruhling and Fuyumine, as well as their connection to the underground facilty get unveiled. Oh, and Magato too. So far Naoto's at clear disadvantage against Fruhling. If the fight continues, Fruhling will be sure to land the fatal blow eventually. Thus, I assume somebody will have to save Naoto from it. Maybe Heine, if he manages to shake the twins off his tail for a little while. Maybe Magato (he looks concerned on the last panel of ch61). Or maybe somebody else will show up.

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ashher's Avatar
    Country
    Bangladesh
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know how I missed last 3 chapters of Dogs .

anyways caught up with it yesterday,and wow...the story seems to be moving towards very interesting parts.
    Last edited by ashher; August 04, 2011 at 03:02 AM.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The plot finally does seem to be moving somewhere , for the first time in the series. Ever since Heine's flashback the plot has taken precedent over action. It is kind of sad that most of the recent chapters are addressing questions that first arose in 'Stray Dogs Howling in the Dark' eleven years ago. Never the less, discovering Naoto's origins have been a revelation, one of the best parts of the whole series. Even better that it was not some deus ex machina or something silly like amnesia. It makes perfect sense that she does not know her origins because she does not have any. Hopefully Miwa takes some time to explore Naoto's roots further, and bring Campanella into sharper focus.

I am delighted that the twins have moved in with Heine! I don't know where this is headed but the result is bound to be win! Angelika also seems to be making some sort of move. Hopefully whatever she has planned does not lead to another year long action arc, but actual plot development. I would love to see her relationship to Neubaten fleshed out a bit more.
    Last edited by Kaiten; August 03, 2011 at 11:03 AM.

7. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member RaveDragon's Avatar
    Country
    Malta
    Post Thanks / Like

Just bought the prelude and ran straight to read the continuation, just finished it yesterday and wow its amazing, the detail the author puts in and the development of the characters what an amazing story!!! its gone straight to my top 5 if not my fav. in absolute. at first though i thought the other naoto was a guy but for it to be a woman who calls her her spare i was wondering if naoto is either a clone or a relative and the bad naoto was just showing she didnt think much of her cuz i can see them being sisters or something ahaha. badou is onto something and i wonder whom he has found now, hopefully mihai can redeem himself!

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Chapter 65 is out! Download at TDX's livejournal.

Country
    Bangladesh
    Post Thanks / Like

well this thread is falling behind. the current chapter out is 69...hear is the RO link :

Things are getting really interesting...all the interesting dots...kaa-sama,angelika, the woman whom the twins call mother...how are they connected? how is magato and his elder sister related to them? i've forgotten...but who is winter again? are winter, herbst and mayor are in one group?

The Viennese Pixie MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

What really threw me off of this series was the art, personally I find it shounen-ish, much like the one in the series Deadman Wonderland, I think it is safe to compare this with that series. It has a sort of "glam" feel to the design of characters and clothing, something common with Air Gear as well, I think a different more realistic or even a darker tone of color in a manga is more my liking. Even though I think this series has a group of very dedicated followers, I just can not seem to get into it.

Country
    Bangladesh
    Post Thanks / Like

Another bump up coming from me. last couple of chapters have been excellent.

---------- Post added at 09:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Josef K. View Post
    What really threw me off of this series was the art, personally I find it shounen-ish, much like the one in the series Deadman Wonderland, I think it is safe to compare this with that series. It has a sort of "glam" feel to the design of characters and clothing, something common with Air Gear as well, I think a different more realistic or even a darker tone of color in a manga is more my liking. Even though I think this series has a group of very dedicated followers, I just can not seem to get into it.
    that's really strange cause generally the art of dods is highly praised.

about deadman wonderland, that is a much later work than dogs...so one could say that it was deadman wonderland being influenced by dogs, not the other way around. haven't read air gear so can't comment on that, but you are right in saying that dogs has its own 'glam', however i would put it this way that the art here is heavily cinematic. in fact its my belief that this form of art suits this series perfectly(more than the usual realistic way of drawing) cause this series is after all a heavily stylized action sci-fi, so it doesn't take itself too seriously. so a heavy serious artstyle wouldn't have suited the series at all imo.

New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3