Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2)

View Poll Results: Who's The KING ?

Voters
200. You may not vote on this poll
  • Isshin Kurosaki

19 9.50%
  • Urahara

5 2.50%
  • Ichigo Kurosaki

19 9.50%
  • We Have Yet to See The Him

147 73.50%
  • Other

10 5.00%
New Reply
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Zangetsu, The Kurosaki Family, and The King

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member gigantor21's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Zangetsu, The Kurosaki Family, and The King

Okay, here's another conglomerate theory thread to wrap your heads around:

Ever since the Ou Ken/Key of the King has been introduced, everyone and their mothers have come up with some theory as to how Ichigo is connected to the Royal Bloodline. These range from Isshin being ex-Royal Defense Force to Ichigo (and even Zangetsu) being next in line to the throne. So my question is, what connection do you think Ichigo has with the King, if any?

My take on it is this; plotwise, Bleach has already trodden enough tried and true shonen ground as it is, so Ichigo even being related to the king would be as lame as you can get. Isshin being a former Royal Guard is the only plausible theory I've heard--and before you mention the captain's cloak on his arm, please remember how D-Roy was presented before the SS Arc, as well as Grimmjow's Fraccion upgrading to Adjuuchas retroactively. Inconsistent retcons are no stranger to this series, so it isn't impossible.

Anyway, that's just what I thought. What about you guys?

...WTF is Aizen smiling about? XD

Quote Originally Posted by Random YouTube Comment
    "Roses are red.
    Violets are blue.
    Omae wa mo shindeiru!"

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member _ATMA's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Zangetsu, The Kurosaki Family, and The King

the only way i can really see it is if isshin was part of the RDF(as you put it) and ran away with a member of the royal family
    If Nissan Motorsports is NISMO, does that make Honda Motorsports HOMO?

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

the king is probably just some random guy that will eventually become a major villain. aizen only wants to eliminate him so that he won't pose a threat to him while he tries to dominate all living and dead

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

^ I don't see him as being the next villain. Aizen already seems unbeatable as it is; having someone above him would be too DBZ-ish. But not having any connection to Ichigo would be the most sound option, in terms of plot continuity.

"Roses are red.
    Violets are blue.
    Omae wa mo shindeiru!"

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Vegetoacs's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

I kinda agree there Gig. It's not likely ichigo will actually have a connection to the royal family. Nor will zangetsu. We have to remember that zangetsu is merely ichigo's shinigami powers. He's like an avatar or representation of ichigo's shinigami side.

Now, many might infer him to be more because he's the one that's taught ichigo so much about his powers. What of it? Kubo somewhat explained this when ichigo was training for bankai, and yoruchi states to renji that we are born knowing how to stand. In other words, the knowledge of his powers or how to use them is all in them somewhere, he just has to tap it.

As to isshin, he's fairly obviously more than a regular shinigami. Heck, masaki could have been something more than appeared herself. The only thing driving most predictions as to his status has been the white tattered band thats part of his shinigami robes. I'm inclined to agree here. While inconsistancies have occured in bleach, often on the smaller details that wont impact further, kubo fairly obviously put that in there as something that complemented isshin's statement that captain class shinigami control the size of their swords by controlling their reiratsu.

As to the other thoughts or theories, such as the royal family and soul society being the real evil ones...lol....I think not. Yammato is the only reason most theories exist, simply because he's such a hard ass. Aizen even mentioned that he'd been fooling people with his intentions all along, coming across as a good guy. While soul society has been known to do some pretty damned evil things, such as exterminating the quincy. What's aizen's plan? To slaughter thousands so he can gain a key to another dimension in order to overthrow soul society.

In short, i believe that ichigo, his friends and family are just along for the ride her in the grand scheme of things. They defend themselves and what matters most to them. They'll help soul society against aizen simply because if soul society falls, they all fall.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that Isshin was part of a special guard that was there to guard the royal family. At some point Isshin raised him self to captain of the guard or leader of the guard that took care of the heirs. Then at for an unknown reason the king sent his 2 daughters away, one (Matsumoto) to soul society, and the other (Masaki) to the world of the living with Isshin. I think that the reason that they choose Isshin for this task was because he was a noble in soul society, I think a Shiba. That would explain why Ichigo looks a lot like Kaien, and has a similar personality of the other known Shibas. This could also explain why Matsumoto doesn’t have any memory of her past. I think that Masaki was the older daughter, making Ichigo the true heir of the king.

I know we’ve only had a few zanpaktuto‘s materialize so we could see them; Renji into Zabimaru the baboon king, and Ichigo into Zangetsu a human form I can’t think of any others that we have seen at the moment. But I think that very few actually materialize into human form. For a zanpaktuto to materialize into a human form I think that you have to be of the royal line, and that the materialization is of a former king or royal who comes to live inside of others in the royal line to help guide them on their journeys. So basically when a member of the royal family dies I think that their life force is put into another member of the royal family to become the shinigami power in that person instead of. being reincarnated like the rest of the souls.

I do prefer to interact with people in a gentle manner, however I'm opposed to establishing my dominance in a reign of terror.

7. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

^ A few things:

- We know next to nothing about what Zanpakuto avatars are or where they come from. So I don't see how Zangetsu being human form makes him more special than Zabimaru, let alone how it suggests he's a formal noble/king. Shirosaki is a much better indicator of how different Zabimaru is--and even then, it's likely that all of the Vaizards have avatars which share a body with Hollows. That doesn't really prove anything to me.

- I can kind of see where you're coming from with Masaki, but why on Earth would Matsumoto be the other daughter? Apart from her relationship with Gin, there isn't anything special about her in relation to the other vice-captains. Again, I don't see how that would be evidence of noble lineage.

- And are you basing your belief that Matsumoto doesn't remember anything on what she said in the omake, about not knowing her birthday? Because Aizen provided an explanation for that in the same chapter--none of us are born knowing the day we were born, and none of us remember being babies, so we have to get that information from others. They could very well get it wrong or make it up, and we wouldn't know the difference. Considering how many flashbacks we've seen with her and Gin, I'm pretty sure she remembers her childhood, at least.

Oh, and by the way, welcome to the forums. Enjoy your stay

"Roses are red.
    Violets are blue.
    Omae wa mo shindeiru!"

MH's Most High Quality Poster 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member earthforge's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Agreed completely. The problem with Ichigo being king or related to that dimension is because he will be too overpowered. I mean, he's got shinigami and hollow powers already. I just think his father has a few ties to Soul Society and that's it (typical love story of captain loves human woman, gets booted out of SS.)

Here comes a farfetched idea that if Bleach IS too-DBZ, will never never happen:

Personally, I think that Ichigo's last fight will be with "the strongest espada" at the end. Why? Because I'm thinking that Aizen might fight the King of SS; Hitsugaya, Matsumoto and one or two main characters take out Gin (good emotional end for Gin and with a main character they will not be overpowered, and I doubt Gin and Tousen have been Hollowfied at all); Komamura, Hisagi, other fukutaicho that was under Tousen, and Chad fight Tousen (damn, the set up is perfect. Komamura and the others will probably tire themselves out, and Chad will be able to help [the wording has holes in it, I know].)

I don't think Ichigo can take on Aizen one-on-one. Even he cannot get to the level of Aizen since he does not know all of his limits (he only learned his zanjutsu limit the hard way[ep 59] and maybe Shunpo. But not kido or hakuda.) Aizen has experties in all of these areas.

I'll *annoy Kubo to no end* if he has Ichigo kill Aizen on a whim such as sudden powern boost (oh the pain of that stuff)

I'm thinking also that Hachi and Inoue are related to the King's family. Since the world goes round by the notion of time, the powers that control that time are probably almost never seen except in royalty. Besides, I have the idea that the king of SS will an old kind man (think Santa Claus.).
    Avatar © Chelsea Gordon, author of Not Quite Normal.

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member gokusgirl's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Who is the King?

Bear with me, I'm a fan but as far as recounting material in the previous chapters are fuzzy... so don't flame my response. Just a small question...

I remember reading that there was a King that existed in Soul Society. And I know that Aizen is seeking the 'key' that is in SS in over take it over... so I got to wondering... is the King in the story the key (expression of symbolism) ? And if there is a King... who do you speculate is the King?

I got hunches on the possible person... and it's the one person they failed to mention in this flashback chapters. I know I may be going way out on left field with this assumption, but could it be Isshin Kurosaki?

Don't come with your flamed torches and pitchforks folks. Just pondering...

What do you think?
    "When you comin' at the king, you best not miss."
    ~Omar Little, The Wire

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member AngryChubbs's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who is the King?

wacky thought...but what if the king was actually ishhin or something like that. how cool would that be

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Silhouette's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

I read something long ago about Ichigo being royalty. I can't remember the source, me thinks it a was a translation of bleach data book. So I am pretty sure Isshin is royalty at least.

I would be really cool if Isshin was a former king who got over thrown by an evil brother or something but that captain coat he was wearing makes me think otherwise.
    CLICK SIGNATURE ABOVE FOR BLEACH & OP COLOURED PAGES

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Darek Khort's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Could be a possibility.
    I remember they saying that the King resides in a separate dimension from Soul Society.
    Well, the human world is a separate dimension, right? Isshin resides there. *nods*
    But that is really the only thing going for him right now.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

yer i thought it was isshin aswell but maybe isshin gave up the throne or title, heir to the throne becoz he fell in love with a human

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm still sticking to my theory that Zangetsu was a FORMER king, and that all Zanpakuto avatars are the reincarnations of past Shinigami. He knows too much to just be Ichigo's power--but being the current king is a stretch. (Not that my idea is much better.)

"Roses are red.
    Violets are blue.
    Omae wa mo shindeiru!"

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Silhouette View Post
    I read something long ago about Ichigo being royalty. I can't remember the source, me thinks it a was a translation of bleach data book. So I am pretty sure Isshin is royalty at least.

I would be really cool if Isshin was a former king who got over thrown by an evil brother or something but that captain coat he was wearing makes me think otherwise.
    I am fairly certain that Ichigo has never been called royalty in any official data book. The only places where Ichigo has ever been called royalty in any serious manner are internet forums as far as I know. Please feel free to provide any references you may have to correct me if you have them though.

I also think that Isshin's uniform and how he implies he is a former captain suggest that he is not the king (unless the king has to have served in the army but I doubt that).

New Reply
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast