Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Thread Closed
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: What's the Winter War Going to be Like?

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity patedecarne's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: whats the winter battle going to be like?

but it's really stated that Aizen has Vastorodes in the manga? I remember in a conversation with gin that the Vastorodes still haven't been producted , and the VL should be a human form , and ulquiorra , halibel , stark and old guy don't look exactly like humans...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member gigantor21's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

^ Well, yeah, that's what I mean. I don't think Aizen's gotten them yet. We're waiting on that confirmation, as there are a lot of holes to fill in the Espada ranks--and he'll need all the replacements he can get for the War.

...WTF is Aizen smiling about? XD

Quote Originally Posted by Random YouTube Comment
    "Roses are red.
    Violets are blue.
    Omae wa mo shindeiru!"

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Neuroff's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by patedecarne View Post
    but it's really stated that Aizen has Vastorodes in the manga? I remember in a conversation with gin that the Vastorodes still haven't been producted , and the VL should be a human form , and ulquiorra , halibel , stark and old guy don't look exactly like humans...
    Vastolordes are human size, not necessarily in human form. And arrancarization makes hollows get human form, I really don't see how you can even say the Espada don't have human form. Aaroniero also says that the other espada are all Adjuchas and HIGHER, which means there should be some vastolordes in the espada already.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted TheChosenOne's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Vasto's hollow form resemble human, while full arrancars resemble human as well. So we can't know tell. Most of the espada are adjuca's and below, While the top 4 seems more likely candidates for the vasto status.

Since Hitsu said that 10 Vasto will be the end of SS, how can they prevail. If Aizen manages to get 10, that should be the end, no point in trying to overcome. Unless Hitsu underestimated the captains powers and overestimated the Vasto's.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Jannic's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok - whenever anyone in ANY manga says "If that happens...we're doomed." then:
    a) It's about to happen.
    b) They forgot about whichever of the protagonists has 'unlimited growth' potential.
    c) Thus, they are not really doomed.

I really liked the outcome of the last chapter (no spoilers, I think?) but I still feel almost as if this could all become a suddenly-finished manga...heh. "Our battle is just beginning...Sousuke Aizen!" I mean, not that it actually WILL for a while, but these fights are all just like WWF wrestling matches - the guy with the first advantage always loses after both sides get serious. I mean, the scientist fight - "Ahahah! I actually completely predictably set it up so that ATTACKING OR DEFENDING KILLS YOU...and you have FALLEN INTO MY TRAP...BY ATTACKING OR DEFENDING!" I hate lame 'scientist who magically predicts the future of his yet-unexperienced opponent fights'. It's like watching someone cheat at solitaire.

Re: Gin saying something about Vasto Lordes: he's part of the core Aizen crew whose religion ONLY ALLOWS THEM TO SPEAK IN ELUSIVE RIDDLES. That could, for all we know mean, "HELP MATSUMOTO THE OTHER TWO HOUGYOKU ARE HIDDEN IN YOUR BOSOM" as anything true...plus I read a couple versions of the story around that time (I still cared a lot) and they disagreed even on basic syntax cause of his mad regional dialect.

Essentially, I feel that since there's so little human involvement in the manga to give a sense of scale (like even DBZ had, where many of the best funniest moments were like 'the crew trying to be inconspicuous while driving') adding new Vasto Lordes would just mean 6 or so more releases to negotiate and think through - or, based on how shafted Zomari got, not really think through - at a 'WHOLE NEW LEVEL OF POWER' which will only be beaten by Kyuubi Hollow Ichigo's 'Identical Getsuga Tenshou...NEO SPARKING'.

Or he'll turn out to be autistic and this whole series will be a messed-up metaphor for his tragic descent into social isolation and madness. The Winter War will document his efforts to cope with the loss of his medical benefits following reforms instituted by the new Democratic government in November.

^_^ A guy can dream.

Honestly, there's six more chapters till they leave or something changes, so soon Kubo'll tell us if we were right about any of this...I still have hopes this will pull him out of a hole, so bated breath for the New Year, all.

Belatedly, Happy Holidays.
    -------------------
    Harvey Birdman: Mr. Boo Boo, would you consider yourself a revolutionary?
    Boo Boo Bear: Well, no. But I do believe corporations rob us of our dignity and independence, and that these systems must be ripped down, burnt down, or leveled by any force necessary.
    <Jury gasps. Awkward pause.>
    Boo Boo Bear: But that's just one little bear's opinion.
    Harvey Birdman: A cute, fuzzy little bear. The Defence rests!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jannic View Post
    "HELP MATSUMOTO THE OTHER TWO HOUGYOKU ARE HIDDEN IN YOUR BOSOM"
    I'm putting that in my sig.

And I fully agree on the Vastorodes. For one, Aizen won't replace ALL of them--not when he keeps Yammi, a glorified Fraccion, around for kicks. And who's to say he can recruit every one he finds? If they're all above captain level, and Aizen will still be miles above them after hybridization, it makes you wonder why he'd need any Arrancar in the first place. He could just waltz into SS and kill everyone with that much power AND Kyouka Suigetsu. :/

What has Gin ever said about Vastorode? I was going by what Aizen and Hitsugaya said. Ichigo can handle anything thrown at him, though, as long as the story calls for it, so it doesn't matter.
    Last edited by gigantor21; December 30, 2007 at 09:11 PM.

"Roses are red.
    Violets are blue.
    Omae wa mo shindeiru!"

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Connichi's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

hmm i don't think that there will be a winter war...
    i will be an autumn war

why should aizen wait? I mean he will have a fully awakened Hōgyoku after this arc...so why wait until winter?

Just spamming whole karakura with high class arrancar

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Windmillblade's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It will look like the kimmimaru clan versus the hidden water village. an all out scramble and battle with the main characters taking out the key opponents in different areas.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member AngryChubbs's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

it makes me wonder what aizens true plans are. i mean we have heard what yamma thinks his plot is...but how much could yamma really know? also, why doesn't aizen just pwn everyone by himself, he sure seems to be strong enough

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Windmillblade's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think because once the one's with the two swords( forgot their names) come to fight he's in trouble. It seems like theyre the strongest next to the old man.

Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member henrikoez's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

It is so confusing about the theories about vasto lorde. So pesche is a vasto lorde because he has a human form without being arrancar? With the fights happening in hueco mundo now, i doubt it that winter battle will happen later.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity patedecarne's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know if pesshe is a vastolorde, well, he was defeated somehow easily by zaerapollo, and we have to see his face to make sure it's look like a human, but that's one of the most confusing parts in bleach, because grimmjow IMO is more human that ulquiorra, the only thing in his entire body that don't resemble a human is his right jaw, and ulquiorra has a helmet, his skin is different like his lifeless eyes, so if what hitsugaya said were true, then grimmjow should be a vastolorde, but he still a adjucha, and about 7 espada are just like humans, except noitora, yammi and aaroniero...
    Back to the winter war, will be the most retarded and stupidy thing in all of the world wait for the winter, we already have proof that this war won't come up, byakuya said that real battlers will begin now, and i'm sure yamamoto won't wait the hougyoku become more powerful...

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Confused PLOT TWIST IN THE CURRENT WAR???

What do u think is going to be the plot twist which is going to lead us to another part of the story?We know that Kubo can`t go forward making everyone fights everyone,it would take 2 years,and actually the fraccion are showing all their weakness been beaten like small fries so I don`t think the other fraccion are better....
    At this we can add that we have tons of Captain and VC levels + Ryuken,Kurosaki Isshin ecc + Vaizards that want their revenge + Ichigo and Friends who has to match in the end only 3 shinigami and 4 espadas worth to be considered....Yammi is not a matter,and Wonderwaiss actually is a baby,don`t see him really interested in the war,maybe is going to fight but just to have fun :-p!!!for me he can suck Unohana boobs lol lol lol
    In the end the good powers is technically overwhelming but it would be to easy and to boring to let them have such an easy victory after all this "WE ARE PREPARING FOR THE WAR" so what do u think it`s going to happen?the big twist that will change all the cards on the table???
    Do u see a massacre between SS lines?Do u see Aizen defeated and than Vaizards moving against SS and maybe King dimension?For sure Vaizards can`t be reintegrated in their ranks but it wasn`t their fault...
    What do u think guys???

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What's the Winter War Going to be Like?

^ I don't think we need a "twist" per se, or a post-War Arc. We just need to add some tension to the current storyline, as well as dimensionality--neither of which are in the current set-up. All we've been getting so far are an endless procession of fights with little dramatic weight.

There aren't many angles for adding a new dimension to the current story-line. To me, it's either A) revealing the Vaizards or other Captains to be pro-Aizen or B) Introducing a whole new batch of villains. I don't like either one, to be frank, but Kubo HAS to tip the scales in Aizen's favor somehow. I see no reason to worry about SS's prospects right now, which makes no goddamn sense whatsoever--this is supposed to be a WAR for God's sakes. Not a massacre.

I certainly hope there's some added element to the fighting that's yet to be revealed. We need it bad.

"Roses are red.
    Violets are blue.
    Omae wa mo shindeiru!"

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What's the Winter War Going to be Like?

Other captains pro-Aizen.....difficult.......Vaizard pro Aizen.....How?they were exiled for their vaizardification!!!Hiyori stated that both shinigami and humans hate them so can`t see how they would join Aizen cause it`s his fault.....
    I hope like others that more shinigami between captains,and Vc going to die...even if it is a war for God sake for different reason both Aizen and maybe the Vaizard are going against the King,but for the reason explained before they can`t join each other!
    One think I would like to know is where are the first Vizard cause the actual ones were judged for vizardification,which means that someone before that has already done and maybe achieved this transformation...

Thread Closed
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast