Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 33 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Best. Shot. EVER!!

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kusachu's Avatar
    Sasuke doesn't kill people, they fight him and then kill themselves.
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Best. Shot. EVER!!

So I thought it would be cool to have a thread for folks to post their favorite shots from Naruto. Be it a single panel, a full page/cover, or a two page spread, post your favorites and discuss if you like. Let us all revel in the very best of the best of Kishimoto!

Here's an absolute favorite of mine, (Volume 4, Chapter 30, Pages 16 and 17):
    Spoiler show

I love it because it's raw and gory, and shows just how brutal a ninja's death can be even if that ninja is a 15 year old boy. The scene is laid out perfectly to amplify the intensity of the moment. Out of nowhere you turn the page and get the full view of Haku being impaled by Kakashi's arm. Zabuza is just an inch or two out of Kakashi's reach, standing behind Haku, still in shock that he's not dead and splattered with Haku's blood. Cut to the view over Kakashi's shoulder showing where his arm penetrates Haku's chest, like he's only just realizing what he's done. It even shows the shudder run through Haku. Cut to Zabuza, staring wonder struck at Haku as if he's just now registering what Haku has done. At the same time Tazuna and Sakura are horror struck over what they're seeing.

(I, personally, was wearing the grin of an extremely satisfied fangirl.)

There's something about bloody scenes in black and white that just hits the spot...I don't know why...

Okay, so here's a post from khar2 that gives directions on how to post pics inside spoilers so you don't have to just post links if you don't want. Everyone say thank you to khar2 and post more lovely pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by khar2 View Post
    [spoiler_] xxxxxxx [_/spoiler] -here you go, without _. or click on advance and one of the icons is spoiler
    you can post image, [img_] xxxxxxxxxxxx [_/img], without _, and x present text/img
    and example, works only if you remove _ from command inside []

[spoiler_]
    [img_]http://img36.onemanga.com/mangas/00000004/00000033/naruto_33_14.jpg[_/img]
    [img_]http://img36.onemanga.com/mangas/00000004/00000033/naruto_33_13.jpg[_/img] [_/spoiler]

and a result

Spoiler show

so now if you do that i will remove pics from my post, i dont want to take credit for your idea

Kusachu -you can use my explanation and put it in first post so people who come here and post can put pics directly in spoilers and not links peace and what do you say on my idea
    Oh yeah and it should be mentioned, if you are posting pic instead of links, please upload them to imageshack or somewhere so you are not stealing someone else's bandwidth.
    Last edited by Kusachu; March 31, 2009 at 12:07 PM.

[TiDhA.info]
    "My heart was calm and still. Still and pure. However, it was purely evil. The only thing I desired was to grow stronger." ~Vegeta

2. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Mendes's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best. Shot. EVER!!

lol the 1st panel of that page was my desktop background. I also love Kishimoto's bloody scenes :P

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mendes View Post
    lol the 1st panel of that page was my desktop background. I also love Kishimoto's bloody scenes :P
    I need to put that as my background!! O___O That never occurred to me! XD Thanks for the idea!

[TiDhA.info]
    "My heart was calm and still. Still and pure. However, it was purely evil. The only thing I desired was to grow stronger." ~Vegeta

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kyubisharingan's Avatar
    Country
    Jamaica
    Post Thanks / Like

truthfully...that page is probably the best, dramatic scene! no other scene that i can think really captured the mood you described
    もし僕と別れたら、一番いい人と別れるから、よりいい人を選ばなくちゃいけない。
    まだ。。。日本語習ってる

Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity segua's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I like the differences and improvements of the manga from the first chapters to the later chapters.

(Please read from right to left.)

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member apathism's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Definitely this one...

Didn't see this one coming!

Kage-Baka No Jutsu!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah! That's IS a great shot! Thank you for posting that addition! XD

Oh and your sig is funny as hell.
    Last edited by Kusachu; April 23, 2008 at 10:23 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

[TiDhA.info]

Banned MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

pretimeskip: bottom right panel

http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/141/12/

that was my favorite for the longest....

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DarkManSharingan32's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I've mentioned it before...
    But this is the most exciting moment for me in the manga...
    And the most awe-inspiring.

http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/215/16-17/
    ~Elemental Manipulation at its Best~

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DarkManSharingan32 View Post
    I've mentioned it before...
    But this is the most exciting moment for me in the manga...
    And the most awe-inspiring.

http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/215/16-17/

Ha! Holy crap!! That is the power of Gaara. I'd love to see him go all out now...I wonder if he's more powerful??

Quote Originally Posted by b e a n View Post
    pretimeskip: bottom right panel

http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/141/12/

that was my favorite for the longest....
    The Kisame one? It's a cool shot of him. I find it interesting that those Akastuki robes didn't have left sleeves in those chapters. But they did in the anime. Looks like someone didn't think the idea of one-armed robes was such a good one...
    Last edited by Kusachu; April 23, 2008 at 11:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

[TiDhA.info]

Banned MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kusachu View Post
    Ha! Holy crap!! That is the power of Gaara. I'd love to see him go all out now...I wonder if he's more powerful??

The Kisame one? It's a cool shot of him. I find it interesting that those Akastuki robes didn't have left sleeves in those chapters. But they did in the anime. Looks like someone didn't think the idea of one-armed robes was such a good one...

I never noticed that until now...isn't the first time kishi made a change after the fact...but hey, at least it worked out.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member admirenkiwi's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

arg, i havnt read the manga for awhile, but that is a good shot kusachu...but that was the sadest part for me

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member lazyboyrod's Avatar
    Country
    Haiti
    Post Thanks / Like

dam, look at the Itachi and Kisame from back then and look at them now, the manga has become more smooth I guess, but I like the ruggednessof the older chapters

This is a good shot, idk about the best, but his posture here commands so much respect, I like it

http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/380/11/

And I like this one too, its a nice scenic pic of Sasuke finaly comfronting Itachi.

http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/380/16/
    Last edited by lazyboyrod; April 23, 2008 at 11:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboyrod View Post
    dam, look at the Itachi and Kisame from back then and look at them now, the manga has become more smooth I guess, but I like the ruggednessof the older chapters

This is a good shot, idk about the best, but his posture here commands so much respect, I like it

http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/380/11/

And I like this one too, its a nice scenic pic of Sasuke finaly comfronting Itachi.

http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/380/16/
    Oh! Yeah, that is nice shot. And the 3 page combo is a great visual progression. We see the peak, and then Itachi seated regally on high, and then the double spread from over head with Itachi looking down at Sasuke and Sasuke making his firm reply. It would have been great if the scene was not interrupted by the Konoha fight. But looking at that fight in itself, those 3 pages are great together to lay out the scene in preparation for the coming battle. A fine choice!

And I wanted to wait to post this one until I had the time to sit down and analyze it...but I want to be first to mention it (since it's so obviously one of the best of all time. )

Spoiler show

I think I'm going to have to do this scene as a long progression because the page before and after have to be included in that!!

[TiDhA.info]

Vintage Reboot 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity vintagemistakes's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Itachi sitting on the throne was an amazing shot and one of my favorites...it showed just how badass and cool Itachi was... until this one a couple of chapters later
    Spoiler show
    that panel just takes all of Itachis coolness and flushes it down the toilet.

New Reply
Page 1 of 33 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast