Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 42 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Death Note by Ohba Sugumi & Obata Takeshi

Meijin no Kori

WSJ Pirate Death Note by Ohba Sugumi & Obata Takeshi

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Death Note INFO
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Manga

Title: Death Note デスノート
    Authored by : Tsugumi Ohba & Asami Yuuko
    Artist : Takashi Obata
    Serialized in Weekly Shonen Jump
    Genre: Shōnen, Mystery, Supernatural, Drama, Psychological
    Published by : Shueisha & Viz
    Scanlations: completed

Summary
    What would you do if you have control of a note book that can kill anyone whose name is written in it?
    Catch this brilliant series of how ace student, Light Yagami, make good use of it to get rid the world of all evil doers but is what he is doing right? Getting hot on his heels is another genius called L. Follow this exciting cat & mouse game between 2 highly intellectual(s).

The Anime

Links :
    Official Anime Website ~in Jap~
    Deathnote @ AnimeDB
    Groups : C1 Anime , Animada , KubuSubs , Shinigami Realm

The Movies

2 movies -
    1) Deathnote
    2) Deathnote : The Last Name
    Links :
    Official Movie Website
    The Last Name @ AnimeDB
    Deathnote @ AnimeDB

Death Note RELEASES

Groups: Aku-Tenshi, Ice-Master Scanlations, KEFI, Orange Tangerin, Shannaro,
    The Ones Who Never Lie (TOWNL), Toniyama�s World, We The Fans, Pedobears, GtoOo
    (Resources : Mangaupdates & Wikipeida)

Download Sources :
    Lurk
    Stoptazmo
    Evil Empire
    Mangatraders

Discuss Death Note manga here. I haven't read it myself yet, so I'm not sure what happens. But I did look at the raw and it looks interesting. Hopefully I'll get a chance to read it soon and then I'll be able to comment.

And here's some stuff to start us off here:

Ch. 92 raw Direct Download: http://townl.mangahelpers.com/index....ic=327.new#new
    Torrent: http://www.point-blank.cc:16384/allo...e%2092.torrent
    Summary by Rei: http://townl.mangahelpers.com/index....ic=325.new#new

(English Version) Cover scans:
    Vol. 1: http://temp.mooload.com/file.php?fil...4/DN_Vol_1.jpg
    Vol. 2: http://temp.mooload.com/file.php?fil...2/DN_Vol_2.jpg
    Vol. 3: http://temp.mooload.com/file.php?fil...3/DN_Vol_3.jpg

And for you guys who don't know how to view the these pics...
    Spoiler show

Some wallpapers I made:
    Ryuuku Wallpaper:
    Spoiler show

Raito & Ryuuku Wallpaper:
    Spoiler show

And well, that should be enough for now.
    Last edited by Akiyama; June 29, 2010 at 09:15 AM.

Schrödinger's cat 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Anax's Avatar
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Death Note thread (manga spoilers!)

What's this manga about? Can you post an intro to the story?
    ~Schrödinger's Cat

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Death Note is about an ace student, Light (originally known as Raito in the old translation) getting ahold of the Death Note, a book in which if a human's name is written, that person will die.

It was purposely dropped to Earth by a Shinigami (death god) named Ryuuku, who's bored and wants to see what Light will do with it just to pass the time. Light becomes kind of a vigilante with the book, deciding to dish out death penalties to criminals who've done truly horrible things, and create a world of utopia that way. His reasoning is that people will become too scared to do anything bad.

But when the criminals begin dropping dead, the authorities send the legendary detective L to track down the killer. It's a battle of great wits all the way through and I highly recommend it.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Post Thanks / Like

WARNING. Well, starting with this post, there will be MAJOR Death Note spoilers. If you are new to Death Note, don't read any further. If you are curious about where to download Death Note, PM me or Meijin no Kori. - Gold Knight

Spoiler: Aforementioned Major Spoiler show
    Spoiler show
    <br />

Meijin no Kori

Quote Originally Posted by bebong
    I just read till wen the priest is killed by ryuuk when the WJ cover is narutop, hey, poor L died T__T
    I don't seem to recall a priest or Ryuuku killing anyone ever since Raito got the Death Note...

Page 92 Translation by Rei/Chikubi: http://townl.mangahelpers.com/index....33.msg2565#new

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

MnK, you'll notice eventually that we now have a subforum dedicated to Death Note. Feel free to break out of this thread and start a number of threads about specific Death Note chapter discussions, topics, etc. As well as advertise your own scanlations if you like here.

I'm a little bit behind on Death Note right now, but I'm the one to PM if you have any trouble with anybody since I'm the most knowledgable on the mod team here as far as Death Note chapters go.

Meijin no Kori

Death Note Rules Discussion/Predictions

(You can find the translated versions of the rules that have been listed so far in the volumes here.)

As you may or may not know, a small list of rules about how the Death Note works and how the Death Notes should be used appears in each volume of the manga in Japan. Each issue contains several new rules (of course, I'm pretty sure that the tokobans only list the new rules). As of Volume 9, there are 52 (LII) rules. Some of these rules have made appearences in and had effects on the manga thus far and others haven't.

Of the rules that haven't appeared yet, do you think they will? If they do, what effects will they have on the characters and the plot of the series? Which rules do you think are the most likely to make an appearence? Which ones do you think will be left out of the actual manga?

I'm interested in the rules about how they're can only be six usuable Death Notes in the human world at a time. I believe that most of the major people could end up with a Death Note. These could include Raito, Mello, Near/the SPK, the NPA, Teru/Takada, and Misa. I'm interested in these rules and think that they might have an effect on the series later on.

Well, what are your thoughts?

Meijin no Kori

Favorite character?

Who are your favorite characters in Death Note? Mine are as follows:

1. Near
    2. L
    3. Raito
    4. Ryuuku

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Favorite character?

I love L, mostly for his design. He's one of the most quirky characters I've seen in any manga. And it's almost enthralling how it always seems like he's thinking about more than what he's revealing to us. You want to know what's going on in his brain almost all the time.

Ryuuku, for a character mostly destined to comedy relief in the series, also makes a great counterpart to Raito/Light - it's rather funny how Ryuuku brings out the humanity in Raito/Light when he's not human himself. Without Ryuuku, the series would be too dreary for my tastes. So I also really like Ryuuku as well.

Raito/Light, I can't help but appreciate his smarts. He's one step ahead of everybody it seems, but at the same time I also end up hating him from time to time for his cold-bloodness. Very dynamic character, too bad there's not much of a chance that we'll ever get the "good Raito" back.

I also somewhat like Misa, if only because her intelligence surprised me. One of the reasons I don't like Raito sometimes is because it's so painfully obvious that he's planning to do away with Misa when her usefulness expires.

Meijin no Kori

Who do you think is the smartest?

Who do you think is/was the smartest person in Death Note? As for me, Naiujiro summed up my opinion well when he posted this:
    Quote Quote:
    See to me, Near/Light/Ryuuzaki all are unmeasurable geniuses. The only difference is the mentality that they look at a game.

L to me, was an aggressive and savage player at the short term game. He took big gambles, and used intimidation to throw his enemies off. He would attack relentlessly until they showed any sort of weakness. Then he would rip them apart.

Light IMO, relies on his ability to perfectly analysis the situation while keeping a cool head. He has moments in which he's not thinking more then a couple of steps ahead, but when he is actually in need to plan ahead; he plans the end of the game before the first move is made. He does this by analysising his opponents mentality, that way he knows what their forethought limit would be. He would do this in conjuction with simulating in his own head how he would act. He basically has a rediculously defensive short game, and a supreme long game that is not rivaled.

Near on the other hand, has a good portion of Ryuuzaki's aggressive tactics. He is certainly not Ryuuzaki in that respect. But he does have something that Ryuuzaki lacked in some degree. He has great long game mentality, similar to Light, but not as much potencial as Light has. He's like a mixture of Light's and Ryuuzaki's strongest points.

And Ryuuzaki's death meant nothing as to who was more intelligent. If not for Rem's emotional out brust, Light would have had his butt handed to him in 13 days if not sooner. However, Light did plan for Rem's interuption. Light's rediciously long game mentality just seemed to be the winning factor in that instance.

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who do you think is the smartest?

I think between L and Raito, L is definitely the smarter one. As Naiujiro said, L nearly had Raito if it had not been for certain circumstances. Raito's cooler under pressure, though, but that's a bit different.

I agree that Near is likely more of a genius at this point, but I would like to read more before finalizing my opinion on anything. Still, voting for Near for now.

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Death Note 92 Disussion

The latest discussion threads should be stickied, MnK - so they can be the most prominent
    I know. I just made this this topic before I was moderated and it slipped my mind after I was. - MnK

Haven't read the chapter myself yet, though. I will have to download all the latest chapters soon.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Death Note 92 Disussion

I've read it, it's a pretty good chapter, although I'm confused about what hapenned. But I wouldn't want to spoil anything for anyone

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Death Note Rules Discussion/Predictions

I don't think tha'll happen. Too many death notes would make the purpose of getting one inexistant. Besides, everyone would end up dying .

I've never even noticed new rules somewhere Care to tell me where I can find them?

Meijin no Kori

Re: Death Note Rules Discussion/Predictions

New Reply
Page 1 of 42 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast